$6.00 a gallon for gas in Florida

Gas prices are high because democrats want them high. Democrats want them high because obama wants them high. obama wants them high because it is a step that he needs to take to crash the economy.

That can't be true because it's the evil Republicans that are in bed with Big Oil

Gas prices are high because democrats want them high. Democrats want them high because obama wants them high. obama wants them high because it is a step that he needs to take to crash the economy.

It's not about crashing the economy.

Get it straight.

It's about incentivizing alternative fuel sources.

No matter what the cost in human jobs and even lives.

See ... that makes it so much better.

Inflation adjusted Gasoline Price Chart

YES this chart shows a skyrocket of gas prices after 2002 talk of hitting of Iraq.

Lying wont change that

I thought the Iraq War was "all about the oil".

Why, then, did gas stay pretty much flat through the Bush term (except for the occasional spike or dip), but now doubles since we've left ????
We had $4 gas throughout the spring and summer of 2007. It was very high for a very long time. On the day Clinton left office gas was $1.09 in the Florida panhandle and $.99 over the border in Georgia, which had a lower State gas tax.

And the Iraq War was all about controlling the oil, not pumping it. Look at who has signed the 30 year leases with the new Iraqi government. All the same old names. And these are huge oilfields. If Exxon wanted to pump more, they certainly have the capacity to do so. What does it say then, that they do not pump the oil and get the price down?

Inflation adjusted Gasoline Price Chart

YES this chart shows a skyrocket of gas prices after 2002 talk of hitting of Iraq.

Lying wont change that

Why, then, did gas stay pretty much flat through the Bush term (except for the occasional spike or dip), but now doubles since we've left ????
We had $4 gas throughout the spring and summer of 2007. It was very high for a very long time. On the day Clinton left office gas was $1.09 in the Florida panhandle and $.99 over the border in Georgia, which had a lower State gas tax.

And the Iraq War was all about controlling the oil, not pumping it. Look at who has signed the 30 year leases with the new Iraqi government. All the same old names. And these are huge oilfields. If Exxon wanted to pump more, they certainly have the capacity to do so. What does it say then, that they do not pump the oil and get the price down?

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not here to watch videos, Rebecca.

Why isn't Exxon pumping enough to keep the gas down around $2?

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Gas always rises this time of year. Consult your graph.

2) All the Bomb Iran talk is driving up speculation.

To add to this list:

3) Greater demand for gas in the U.S. in Feb. 2011 than there was in Feb. 2009. (High prices and tanking economy led to drastically decreased demand).

4) China's now consuming a greater share of world gasoline supplies than they were in 2009 (again related to ^ economy).

FWIW, I'd be surprised if there isn't an AG investigation into price-gouging based upon these reports. Happens all the time down here. Part of living in Florida, I've realized.

LMAO......top story on DRUDGE right now. $6.00 gas............

Cross one swing state off Obama's list even if Boob McNut is running!!!:rock::rock::rock:

If you think that the people of Florida are paying $6.00 a gallon, or if that drudge report is going to sway Florida out of Obama's grasp...you obviously don't live here. I can go take a picture of a gas station right up my road here in Florida that's under $4.00 per gallon tomorrow if you'd like. The very high prices are in TOURIST areas. Where EVERYTHING is more expensive (and that's not limited to Florida). What part of that don't you understand?

Keep living in your fantasy land.
Florida Drivers Shelling Out Nearly $6 A Gallon At Some Gas Stations « CBS Tampa

Of course, I don't live there and it can't possibly be happening.

$5.99 gas at Suncoast Energys, 5928 Butler National Dr & S Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL

$5.89 gas at Sun Gas, 5600 Butler National Dr & S Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL

Source: www.orlandogasprices.com[/QUOTE

Those are gas stations in TOURIST AREAS. Where EVERYTHING is more expensive. What part of that don't you people understand? That's common sense and is not unique to Florida.

If you have to pick a handful of gas stations in Florida fine how about this:

http://www.floridastategasprices.com/Map_Gas_Prices.aspx

Point out where on the map any county pays more than $5 per gallon on average. Hell find where any county pays more than $4.

Last edited:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKdScVerrBU]Gas Price Hypocrisy - YouTube[/ame]
I'm not here to watch videos, Rebecca.

Why isn't Exxon pumping enough to keep the gas down around $2?

Of course not cyndie you are one of those blame bush praise obama turds

$5.99 gas at Suncoast Energys, 5928 Butler National Dr & S Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL

$5.89 gas at Sun Gas, 5600 Butler National Dr & S Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL

Source: www.orlandogasprices.com[/QUOTE

Those are gas stations in TOURIST AREAS. Where EVERYTHING is more expensive. What part of that don't you people understand? That's common sense and is not unique to Florida.

If you have to pick a handful of gas stations in Florida fine how about this:

Florida Map Gas Prices - Find the Lowest Florida Gas Prices on a Map

I always love it when non-Floridians want to lecture us on how things are. Because, they know better.

I paid $3.61 a gallon yesterday in my part of Florida. That was about 10 cents more a gallon than this time last month. Big freaking whoop.

Last edited:
As ABC News’ Cecilia Vega introduced her piece on high gas prices, the sign at the downtown Los Angeles gas station behind her showed the price of regular gas at $4.99 a gallon. However when the piece concluded nearly two minutes later the price of regular gas had jumped 10 cents to $5.09 a gallon.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/busines...mp-10-cents-during-abcs-world-news-broadcast/

OMG. I think you should panic. Make sure you stock up, in case we run out.

As ABC News’ Cecilia Vega introduced her piece on high gas prices, the sign at the downtown Los Angeles gas station behind her showed the price of regular gas at $4.99 a gallon. However when the piece concluded nearly two minutes later the price of regular gas had jumped 10 cents to $5.09 a gallon.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/busines...mp-10-cents-during-abcs-world-news-broadcast/

OMG. I think you should panic. Make sure you stock up, in case we run out.

I am not concerned for myself I am after all a prepper

man, after reading much of this thread, if appears many people think the oil industry in our country is nationalized.

In February 2009 Gas was nation wide on average 1.84 now nation wide it's 3.54 with Charlotte N.C. on the high end at 3.71

ch.gaschart

Your post is entirely dishonest though... because you ignore the fact that gas was at a ridiculously low point for a ridiculously short amount of time, and just prior it was at its highest point.

Case in point:

j1kbb.png
I get it. It's entirely dishonest because obama's president, I get that. But what you don't get is Gas was below 2.00 in 2009 now it's closing in on 4.00

OH and you have no point if your using the sharpe drop in prices. That was along the time Bush lifted the offshore drilling ban.

Hey stupid............according to this chart, gas prices were at THEIR HIGHEST under Jr.'s watch, say around June through August of 2008 when the price was at over 4.00/gal.

Why did Jr. want gas prices to be so high?

Oh wait..........forgot.........he's friends with oil companies and wanted to help them post record profits.

Your post is entirely dishonest though... because you ignore the fact that gas was at a ridiculously low point for a ridiculously short amount of time, and just prior it was at its highest point.

Case in point:

j1kbb.png
I get it. It's entirely dishonest because obama's president, I get that. But what you don't get is Gas was below 2.00 in 2009 now it's closing in on 4.00

OH and you have no point if your using the sharpe drop in prices. That was along the time Bush lifted the offshore drilling ban.

Hey stupid............according to this chart, gas prices were at THEIR HIGHEST under Jr.'s watch, say around June through August of 2008 when the price was at over 4.00/gal.

Why did Jr. want gas prices to be so high?

Oh wait..........forgot.........he's friends with oil companies and wanted to help them post record profits.

Hey stupid they dropped when bush lifted the offshore drilling ban. Or haven't you been paying attention?

Forum List

Back