74 school shootings in 77 weeks...Worth it's own thread.

Find a solution that doesn't restrict my right to a firearm, then come back. Right now all you preach is restricting the rights of lawful gun owners, and lawful potential gun owners.

I can't

Because you are unwilling to suffer any inconvenience in your desire to build an arsenal. Our children pay the price....but at least nobody restricts your access to a Bushmaster

What arsenal? Right now if i want to get a single handgun in NYC i have to pay over $400 in fees, get licensed, and pass the review of the NYPD above and beyond just needing a clean record and no mental health issues. it takes MONTHS. and that is just to own a handgun in the house. To get a CCW I have to plead my case or be connected to someone powerful somehow. They can deny it for any reason, including "we don't want you to have one"

Repeal crap like that, and maybe I would trust gun controllers with things like bigger background checks. Until then its just the first step in denying me my rights.

I still don't understand why YOU should have your rights restricted because someone else commits a crime. I thought in this nation, we waited until someone actually commits a crime and THEN punish the offender. When did that change?

The 74 Shootings Meme pins the Bogometer:

Here are 33 Questionable Entries on the ‘Viral’ Everytown Map of All School Shootings Since Newtown

So, using Sandy Hook as the starting point and running until today’s tragic Oregon school shooting, what do these datapoints represent? Well, it turns out that they represent all sorts of things. They turn out to be “assaults, homicides, suicides, and accidental shootings” that happen “inside a school building or on school or campus grounds.”

Let’s just note for the record here that 95%+ of these areas are in so-called “gun-free zones” before moving on. In other words, they have perfect gun control regimes in theory.

Here are 33 Questionable Entries on the ?Viral? Everytown Map of All School Shootings Since Newtown

I have had my checks done.

I have my fingerprints on file with the state even though I have never committed a crime

So I should be able to walk into any gun store and but any gun I want.

Even if you desire an UZI?

One can obtain automatic weapons with the proper federal permit so sure why not an UZI?

The point that is sailing over your head is that I passed every background check necessary to get my concealed carry permit and my fingerprints are on file like a common criminal's.

I should not have to be subjected to more checks because some idiot killed somebody with a firearm.

Would you want to be forced to take a field sobriety test a breathalyzer and submit a blood sample every time you wanted to drive to work because some idiot drunk driver mowed down a bunch of kids?

I would not be opposed to every motor vehicle having a Breathalyzer conjoined with the starting motor which would prevent a driver over the legal limit from starting his car. I doubt the local gun shop has an UZI on the shelf, and I doubt anyone can obtain a permit to buy one. So, not only is your response a non sequitur, it is also, at best, a half-truth.

Last edited:

One can obtain automatic weapons with the proper federal permit so sure why not an UZI?

The point that is sailing over your head is that I passed every background check necessary to get my concealed carry permit and my fingerprints are on file like a common criminal's.

I should not have to be subjected to more checks because some idiot killed somebody with a firearm.

Would you want to be forced to take a field sobriety test a breathalyzer and submit a blood sample every time you wanted to drive to work because some idiot drunk driver mowed down a bunch of kids?

I would not be opposed to every motor vehicle having a Breathalyzer conjoined with the starting motor which would prevent a driver over the legal limit from starting his car.

What a great idea! Only in your case, the breathalyzer should be attached to your keyboard.

Armed Guards Ended Oregon School Shooting

When a teenage student brought a gun into Troutdale, Oregon’s Reynolds High School on June 10, the carnage he could have caused was cut short by two armed resource officers who ran toward the sound of the shots.

The officers–Nick Thompson and Kyle Harris–closed in on the shooter’s proximity in “less than a minute.”

According to Oregon Live, “Troutdale Police Chief Scott Anderson credited the two resource officers… for preventing further carnage.” Said Anderson: “I believe their quick response saved many of our students’ lives.”

Oregon high school shooting: Resource officers at Reynolds credited with preventing further carnage | OregonLive.com

I would not be opposed to every motor vehicle having a Breathalyzer conjoined with the starting motor which would prevent a driver over the legal limit from starting his car.

What a great idea! Only in your case, the breathalyzer should be attached to your keyboard.

Gee, a personal attack, how pedestrian; though, considering the source how, predictable.

74 school shootings?

Psh small price to pay to avoid waiting times and background checks to buy guns.

If you honestly think that background checks and waiting times will affect gun violence measurably, you are TheOldFool from TheOldSchool.

The problem is anger control...a mental issue. The fact that most (if not all) school shootings occur in GUN FREE ZONES should be a red flag to you.

Armed Guards Ended Oregon School Shooting

When a teenage student brought a gun into Troutdale, Oregon’s Reynolds High School on June 10, the carnage he could have caused was cut short by two armed resource officers who ran toward the sound of the shots.

The officers–Nick Thompson and Kyle Harris–closed in on the shooter’s proximity in “less than a minute.”

According to Oregon Live, “Troutdale Police Chief Scott Anderson credited the two resource officers… for preventing further carnage.” Said Anderson: “I believe their quick response saved many of our students’ lives.”

Oregon high school shooting: Resource officers at Reynolds credited with preventing further carnage | OregonLive.com

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difference between trained law enforcement and an armed civilian. A clear contrast between what happened in Troutdale at a high school and in Las Vegas at a Wal-Mart.

I would not be opposed to every motor vehicle having a Breathalyzer conjoined with the starting motor which would prevent a driver over the legal limit from starting his car. I doubt the local gun shop has an UZI on the shelf, and I doubt anyone can obtain a permit to buy one. So, not only is your response a non sequitur, it is also, at best, a half-truth.

It is not impossible to get a federal permit for automatic weapons but since I prefaced my answer with that stipulation it was a cogent answer.

And I doubt if you would be so willing to subject yourself to field sobriety tests and breathalyzers every thime you got in your car.

The 74 Shootings Meme pins the Bogometer:

Here are 33 Questionable Entries on the ‘Viral’ Everytown Map of All School Shootings Since Newtown

So, using Sandy Hook as the starting point and running until today’s tragic Oregon school shooting, what do these datapoints represent? Well, it turns out that they represent all sorts of things. They turn out to be “assaults, homicides, suicides, and accidental shootings” that happen “inside a school building or on school or campus grounds.”

Let’s just note for the record here that 95%+ of these areas are in so-called “gun-free zones” before moving on. In other words, they have perfect gun control regimes in theory.

Here are 33 Questionable Entries on the ?Viral? Everytown Map of All School Shootings Since Newtown
Gun-grabbers thrive on lies and false statistics.

These types of shootings are now the norm for the greatest country in the world. We now are not surprised that they happen as often as they do. That says something about this country.

74 school shootings?

Psh small price to pay to avoid waiting times and background checks to buy guns.

And to promote "separation of church and state" and
* REJECT public knowledge and research of "SPIRITUAL HEALING"
that has cured schizophrenia, and other mental illness and addictions, to SAVE LIVES
* and NOT require it for dangerous criminal illness only that form of therapy has cured
(in order to AVOID any Conservative idea that would prove Christians are right about something!)

Last edited:
who is going to take someone seriously who screams out people can put their guns in their vagina?

they sound as nuts as the people out shooting people

Instead of trying to punish law abiding citizens with your hysteria, you should be pissed that YOUR government can't protect you from all these nut jobs

get a frikken grip..if guns are gone, it will be lead pipes, trucks filled with fertilizer, etc

Forum List

Back