8th Amendment, Cruel and Unusual Punishment; Mass Murderers

Should Mass Murderers be tortured?

• Total voters
No. Clearly that is cruel and unusual punish.

Put them in solitary confinement and keep them alive as long as you can.

Once again you have to define "torture". Some would say a day watching CNN propaganda would be considered torture.

Should an exception to the 8th Amendment be added for Mass Murderers who murder innocent civilians while in public, subjecting them to excruciating torture outdoors, so that the public (victim) can watch?

I say bring back public hangings for all capital crimes.

So apply it to all murderers. Then it won't be unusual. Just cruel.

Lol. You can’t take the crazies guns away because of the 2nd , but let’s juts tear up the 8th for fun!

You don't who is or isn't crazy before they become a criminal, they also tend to use explosives, cars, machetes and other weapons besides firearms, and only firearms will suffice to stop these dangerous people.

We know who deserves it after they commit mass murder.

Under our present system, permanent solitary could qualify as cruel and unusual punishment.

Should an exception to the 8th Amendment be added for Mass Murderers who murder innocent civilians while in public, subjecting them to excruciating torture outdoors, so that the public (victim) can watch?
I think that families of the murdered victims, should be allowed to volunteer to beat the murderer to death with baseball bats, avoiding the skull until the last, after all, you want him/her conscious for most of it. There's very little satisfaction when a family member of a victim, sees the murderer "fall asleep" at the time of his/her execution. The family members have a tendency to complain that it "seemed" as though the criminal just fell asleep and that it was "too good for him/her."
This punishment would only be allowed if a combination of scientific (i.e., DNA, et cetera), witnesses and acknowledgement of guilt were present. But such punishment would definitely be given out if innocent, defenseless children were involved.

Lol. You can’t take the crazies guns away because of the 2nd , but let’s juts tear up the 8th for fun!

You don't who is or isn't crazy before they become a criminal, they also tend to use explosives, cars, machetes and other weapons besides firearms, and only firearms will suffice to stop these dangerous people.

Countries with strong gun control don't have mass killing problems. I'd rather we limit the killings.

Countries with strong gun control don't have mass killing problems. I'd rather we limit the killings.
There are fewer guns per person in El Salvador, too.

Yes they do, turd.

They don't have mass bombings? (pst, they also have shootings)

Forum List

Back