97% Scientists agree AGAIN

What do they need to do to make the model more accurate?

Dunno.. maybe create a magic black box that predicts the future. My weather man can't even get next week right not sure how we would expect them to guess right decades from now.

You're so insightful. Its clear you've come to this debate with real solutions rather than just to shoot down the work of others!

I think it's fine to focus on reducing pollutants. But CO2? That's what plants breathe.
Wait - plants breathe it? No way! I didn know dat!
Calling CO2 a pollutant is worse than silly it's criminal.
And that's your opinion as an expert in what field?
The result of higher than normal CO2 will be more plant growth and more efficient use of water by plants.
Does that still work if we cut the plants down and burn them?

Same reason you showed your chart? I looked for and found a chart that supported my hypothesis.

So why does it only show 16 years of an 80 year data set?

How the heck should I know?

You present evidence and you don't know anything about it? That's surprising coming from an armchair expert! I thought you would have done your homework! At any rate, I'm sure you can produce the entire plot, right?

Same reason you showed your chart? I looked for and found a chart that supported my hypothesis.

So why does it only show 16 years of an 80 year data set?

How the heck should I know?

You wanted to focus on the appearance of the graph during the past 16 years.
1. Screw the volcanic rebound through the 1990's
2. To hell with the warm to neutral enso during 2002-2007
3. You don't account for the string of cold nina's the past 5 years.

You're so insightful. Its clear you've come to this debate with real solutions rather than just to shoot down the work of others!
Thanks but, I'm just came here to shoot down the lies of the global warming cult. That's why I'm here.

Wait - plants breathe it? No way! I didn know dat!
Ayup they do.

Calling CO2 a pollutant is worse than silly it's criminal.
And that's your opinion as an expert in what field?
I'm a software engineer. I've read the code that the guys wrote for the model that generated Gore's hockey stick. It's a hack, a lie, a boldfaced fabrication.

The result of higher than normal CO2 will be more plant growth and more efficient use of water by plants.

Yes, most plants grow back. That said less than a third of CO2 consumption by plants is land based plants... marine based plants do the bulk of the CO2 consumption for the planet.

I'm a software engineer. I've read the code that the guys wrote for the model that generated Gore's hockey stick. It's a hack, a lie, a boldfaced fabrication.

Really? Please, show us that code. Make sure you identify the source of where you got it. And then show how it's a fabrication. If you're not just spouting BS, that should be easy for you.

I expect this to be amusing, given you seem to think Al Gore invented the hockey stick. Such a Gore fixation reveals you as a political cultist, as opposed to a rational observer.

You've also already used the "we can't predict the weather!" and "CO2 is plant food!" strawmen. Both are dumb arguments, which a rational person wouldn't use. And you take images from that crank political blog, C3 Headlines. It's not looking promising. We're probably just going to get more C3 BS from you.

I'm a software engineer.

I write software to model astrophysical systems on high performance computers.

I've read the code that the guys wrote for the model that generated Gore's hockey stick. It's a hack, a lie, a boldfaced fabrication.

How do you know? Is everything you read a hack, a lie, a boldfaced fabrication, or is there something particular about this piece of code? Perhaps you'd like to share it with the group! Then we won't have to take your word for it.

Yes, most plants grow back.

Not if you don't let them.

That said less than a third of CO2 consumption by plants is land based plants... marine based plants do the bulk of the CO2 consumption for the planet.
Yet the CO2 level continues to rise. Why aren't they causing it to stop rising?

Climate changes all the time and guess what? We're all still here.
Would you like to not be here?

Ooohhh you're scaring me now. i might die if the earth is a little warmer.
Nothing will happen if the earth is a couple degrees warmer so just relax.
According to who?

Common sense.

How many times has the earth warmed and cooled in its 45 billion year history?

The earth is still here and so are we.

Don't worry, Chicken Little, you'll be just fine.

Sorry, you'll have to find the code yourself. I'm not sharing.

The code filters any input data that opposes the desired result for a hockey stick. You could throw any random data at it and out comes a pretty hockey stick.

According to who?

Common sense.

Do you know the difference between science and common sense?

How many?

I don't think any scientists are claiming climate change will cause the Earth to disintegrate.

Sorry, you'll have to find the code yourself. I'm not sharing.

You don't really know how science works, do you?

The code filters any input data that opposes the desired result for a hockey stick. You could throw any random data at it and out comes a pretty hockey stick.

How do we know this? Because you say so?

According to who?

Common sense.

Don't worry, Chicken Little, you'll be just fine.

1. The earth is 4.5 billion years old. What data do you have for the 45 billion number?
2. The earth has warmed and cooled many times. What is causing this warming?

I have figured it out. the Right does not understand the concept of global warming because they do not teach high tech instrument reading and calibration of thermometers at Liberty College and Bob Jones University.

I have figured it out. the Right does not understand the concept of global warming because they do not teach high tech instrument reading and calibration of thermometers at Liberty College and Bob Jones University.

One of many of the reasons for it...Another is the fact that they don't know much about our planets climate cycles like the enso, volcano's and the general climate system. So they can't even start to read and understand the variables behind the temperature graph they're whining about.

:eek:

Another they don't understand physics :eusa_eh:

ok, your going on a melt down..... sober up and debate some more!!!

These guys don't debate. They have no real argument an no actual data to back their non argument up. That GISS data for example is so tampered with that it is useless

Forum List

Back