9th Circus Makes Ground Breaking Ruling On Guns

There are no “abolute rights” . All rights have limits .

Why because you say so?

Because the Supreme Court says so.

Or should I be able to scream threats outside your window at 2:00am?
The government doesn't determine what one's rights are, it merely uses force to infringe on them, or chooses to recognize them. The government determining that it's allowed to infringe on a right does not mean we do not have that right.

Yes, you should be able to scream threats outside someone's window at 2AM, however, you'd also be threatening an individual while standing on their property, meaning they can defend themselves. If the individual is armed, you'd likely associate more risk with doing something so inherently stupid and choose to retreat when they step outside.

At the time the Constitution was written, it meant that a persons property should ready to roll. Properly maintained.
Not well regulated like the statists like to imagine.
Try again

Ok how about “militia “?

Geez . I agree we have a right to guns but don’t act as if the 2nd says “guns for everybody ! The government can’t do nothing about it !”
As long as it isnt impeding on someone else, what should they do about it?
Does the Constitution mean things it doesnt actually say?
Do you think its a metaphor or something?

Is this where u are a strict constitutionalist except when you don’t want to?

Strictly reading the 2nd it means we need an armed people for the army . Of course we have a standing army now . You could easily say only guard/military members have a right to own guns .
Terminology has changed
The documents intent hasnt
You have to do better than this if you want to argue with me, timmy

Technology has changed also. The “arms” today are much more powerful.
The second amendment only uses the word "arms". Not the kind of arms.

Strictly reading the 2nd it means we need an armed people for the army . Of course we have a standing army now . You could easily say only guard/military members have a right to own guns .
Terminology has changed
The documents intent hasnt
You have to do better than this if you want to argue with me, timmy

Technology has changed also. The “arms” today are much more powerful.
So, what you're saying is that the founding fathers weren't intelligent enough to believe that we'd ever have anything other than muskets.

Well, that or you're saying that they didn't think people would need weapons after weapons had advanced.

OR you're saying that because weapons advanced, the government is suddenly capable of keeping all weapons out of the hands of all criminals, because you're part of the church of the omnipotent state.

Take your pick, all three are demonstably false.

1. I don’t think they looked to the future. That’s why they made a adaptive form of government.

2. Who said anything about “all weapons “.
Meanwhile, they had said that they had given us a Republic, if we could keep it, and intentionally left the term "arms" in the constitution instead of specifying "muskets". Despite how much you dislike being capable of defending yourself, no, they were not being shortsighted. That's also why they specified militia in a document which limits government power rather than granting power, as a means to show us, the people, that WE can have an organized militia, NOT to tell us the government can have one, as they had JUST finished fighting off a tyrannical government.

giphy.gif

The logistics are the same. The government is not omnipotent, and therefor is not capable of keeping track of every gun in the United states. Of course, I'm wasting my time explaining this to one who is a proud member of the Church of the Omnipotent State.

There are no “abolute rights” . All rights have limits .

What does "Congress shall make no law" mean?

What does “ well regulated” mean . If u want to cherry pick lines .

Hawaii ain’t congress by the way.

Make sure you hit EVERY item on your talking points checklist, otherwise you won't get your super-special leftist gold star for the day.

Relevancy to the actual conversation is obviously optional for you.

No right is absolute: it can be changed by Congress (if permissible, Amendment, or by SCOTUS. The rump tribunal of the 9th CC ruled correctly in my sense of the 2dA's languague. We have a right to bear arms. If we can't carry conceal, that we can open carry legally.

I image the full 9th CC bench will re-hear the findings and overturn them.

And then the Supreme Court will overturn that.

That being said, I don't like this legislating from the bench stuff. However, if a state legislature passed an unconstitutional law, I suppose it's necessary.

Who's legislating from the bench?

At the time the Constitution was written, it meant that a persons property should ready to roll. Properly maintained.
Try again

Ok how about “militia “?

Geez . I agree we have a right to guns but don’t act as if the 2nd says “guns for everybody ! The government can’t do nothing about it !”

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what the Second Amendment says . . . if you're illiterate.

So you want Hawaii to have lots of shootings like other states? Weak gun laws working real well for FL...
They are having shootings. And constantly being ripped off over and over. Go read Big Island Thieves to get a taste on what goes on and how pissed they are.

And more guns has never helped. Crime has increased every year since WI and IL got concealed carry. How does their crime rates compare to gun full Fl?

:link:

No right is absolute: it can be changed by Congress (if permissible, Amendment, or by SCOTUS. The rump tribunal of the 9th CC ruled correctly in my sense of the 2dA's languague. We have a right to bear arms. If we can't carry conceal, that we can open carry legally.

That being said, I don't like this legislating from the bench stuff. However, if a state legislature passed an unconstitutional law, I suppose it's necessary.

Who's legislating from the bench?

I had to rethink that post.

So you want Hawaii to have lots of shootings like other states? Weak gun laws working real well for FL...
Liberty 1
statist brain 0
:D
Guess I like low homicide rates.
States with carry laws have lower rates.
Which ones have lower homicide rates than Hawaii?

Glad you asked. There are actually 9 states that have lower homicide rates than Hawaii.

And they dont have the freedom to own badass weapons.
I would rather stay here.
Why dont you move there instead of trying to change my culture and shit on my constitution?
Awe so you need big weapons to feel like a man. Cute.
No, my dick does that.
Do badass things make you feel like a man? Are you projecting? I just like to have fun. :dunno:
I don’t need things to be a man. And I would rather fewer died than I have fun. You might feel the same when you grow up.
Individuality and freedom is about as grown as you can get.
Choosing fun over peoples lives is childish.
Tell that to sports car enthusiasts.

Freedom isnt free.
If it was, it would always be available.
Lots of free countries have fewer guns and lower homicide rates.
Why dont you move there instead of trying to change my culture and shit on my constitution?
No, people need weapons to defend themselves from criminals, and a tyrannical government. Talking down to someone and mischaracterizing them is not an argument.

To believe the only reason one wants to have a weapon is to feel masculine is to believe that criminals will never threaten one, something that's clearly wrong, or that the state is an omnipotent entity capable of protecting everyone at all times
No, many countries with far fewer guns have much lower crime rates. The need is made up by the gun lobby. Hawaii has low crime rates and few guns btw.
Lies and more lies. London has a higher crime violent rate than NYC. They banned guns while they should have banned muslims.

Freedom isnt free.
If it was, it would always be available.
Lots of free countries have fewer guns and lower homicide rates.
No, people need weapons to defend themselves from criminals, and a tyrannical government. Talking down to someone and mischaracterizing them is not an argument.

To believe the only reason one wants to have a weapon is to feel masculine is to believe that criminals will never threaten one, something that's clearly wrong, or that the state is an omnipotent entity capable of protecting everyone at all times
No, many countries with far fewer guns have much lower crime rates. The need is made up by the gun lobby. Hawaii has low crime rates and few guns btw.

And we are 111 for murder while other countries have extreme gun control and are higher on the list.....

Protecting individual Rights is not legislating from the bench. The State of Hawaii violated the Rights of it's citizens, the court ruled they did it, so making them stop doing it is not legislating from the bench.

No.... the states that have high shooting rates have democrat controlled cities where they let repeat gun offenders out of jail over and over again....

Try again

Ok how about “militia “?

It doesn't say that....please...read D.C. v Heller it explains it so that even you can understand it.

Ok how about “militia “?

Supreme Court uphelad in Heller vs DC that the right provides for, but it is not contingent upon, militia service.

“Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” – Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

So now you care about Supreme Court rulings . You say the same in Roe v Wade . ?

They made up Roe V Wade....that is not in the Constitution....

They are having shootings. And constantly being ripped off over and over. Go read Big Island Thieves to get a taste on what goes on and how pissed they are.

And more guns has never helped. Crime has increased every year since WI and IL got concealed carry. How does their crime rates compare to gun full Fl?

You are lying again.... you have been shown Wisconsin crime stats that show the rate has gone down, you have been shown that the revolving door for gun criminals in Ilinois is driving the gun murder rate, and then you post that, knowing it is a lie.

Even Florida has the lowest crime rates in 40 years as they have the highest concealed carry permit rate.....

You lie with every single post...

Just on Wisconsin...showing you are a liar since you have been shown this before...

No homicides in Green Bay in 2017 contributes to 10 percent drop in crime

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) - The Green Bay Police Department reports crime in the city dropped significantly last year - compared to the year before. Local 5's Kris Schuller has more on the numbers and reaction from residents who feel very safe living in Northeast Wisconsin.

If there's trouble within the Wilder Park neighborhood - Neighborhood Association President Scott Vanidestine says he can contact police and they'll respond quickly.

“They know the neighborhoods, they know what's going on. They take care of us out there,” said Vanidestine.

And based on just released uniform crime report numbers for the city of Green Bay for 2017 - the police department does a good job of taking care of the entire community.

“A 9.77 percent decrease in total crime in Green Bay is just fantastic, that's a number any chief across the country would be happy to have for crime numbers in their city,” said Police Chief Andrew Smith.

For violent crime robbery was down nearly 10 percent, rape nearly four and as for homicides, we'll there weren't any.

“We haven't done that since 1981 in Green Bay, so that's a terrific number for us as well,” said Smith.

Property crimes also saw significant reductions with burglary down 28 percent and theft down eight percent. Combined total crime in 2017 was down almost 10 percent when compared to 2016.
=========

Milwaukee police: Homicides down two years in a row

MILWAUKEE - The number of homicides in Milwaukee has decreased over the last two years, according to data from the Milwaukee Police Department.

According to the MPD, there were 119 homicides in 2017, down from 142 in 2016. In 2015 there were 147 homicides.
=================

Green bay...

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Bucking-national-trend-violent-crime-down-in-the-Green-Bay-area-448715923.html

In Green Bay, those type of crimes are down in the last year. They're down 13 percent over the past six years.
Even property crimes are decreasing. Police credit the community for driving these numbers down.
===================

As another violent year ends, memories of homicide victims live on

Milwaukee's per capita homicide rate was 23.7 per 100,000 residents — a lower rate than the 26.27 per 100,000 residents in 1991.

“You’re seeing a rebirth:” Crime rates in Milwaukee’s Amani neighborhood down significantly

The data shows crime in 2016 compared with 2015 was down in the Amani neighborhood by 10.42%. For the city as a whole, the decline was 4.66%.

---

Over the past four years: crime in the Amani neighborhood declined 26.36% -- for the city: 10.86%.

Forum List

Back