A 2000 Year Old Ghost Story

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
A guy was crucified and three days later showed up fit as a fiddle. If that's not a ghost story I'll kiss your ass in Times Square and give you 30 minutes to draw a crowd:

The%20Crucifixion%20(by%20Carl%20Bloch).jpg

You left out the best part, the ghost always came to them as Luciferous light even in visitation to Paul and Constantine.
The apostles didn't recognize the ghost as it came as another figure then they recognized before, that's another zinger.
Reason it is problematic:
They claim Jesus was offered worship like a god by Satan (aka adversary-which was Rome at that time).
When the figure either agreed or refused the Satan figure in the story the luciferous image came to the Apostles as his resurrected persona (imposter), making people deceived into believing he and they were eternal (like the serpent warning in Genesis).
Thus Satan got the world to follow and worship Jesus the false prophet through the guise of a resurrection story.
Another way it's problematic is for trinitarians who can't count.
Trinitarians believe in spirits & claim Jesus in the equation (trinity)of God and spirit and will one day return in what’s called as the second comming. This in itself proves they can’t count, ‘cause if he supposedly resurrected once before, then this would be his third time around, or forth according to Mormons, fifth if you’re a Branch Davidian who believes the Mormons.
They don't know the actual personified look of the icon, nor it’s new vessel and according to the Gospels given a new name thus no longer a trinity. BRILLIANT!

A guy was crucified and three days later showed up fit as a fiddle. If that's not a ghost story I'll kiss your ass in Times Square and give you 30 minutes to draw a crowd:

The%20Crucifixion%20(by%20Carl%20Bloch).jpg

Nice painting.

You forgot to mention the parts where he spooks his friends for a few weeks and then floats up into the sky and is obscured behind a cloud where he will remain unseen until one day, when you least expect it, he suddenly reappears and says boo.

Interesting to me that all of that was written down many years after it supposedly happened. Very convenient, that.

And the ghost story isn't the only unbelievable tale.

Of all the gods that came before this, why did this story catch the imagination of enough people that it has lasted 2000 years? There are other, older gods who are just as believable.

And why would anyone worship a god who murdered his son? As far back as I can remember, I have been horrified by that.

Interesting to me that all of that was written down many years after it supposedly happened. Very convenient, that.

Of all the gods that came before this, why did this story catch the imagination of enough people that it has lasted 2000 years? There are other, older gods who are just as believable.

And why would anyone worship a god who murdered his son? As far back as I can remember, I have been horrified by that.

"Of all the gods that came before this, why did this story catch the imagination of enough people that it has lasted 2000 years? There are other, older gods who are just as believable."

Because it actually happened

"Of all the gods that came before this, why did this story catch the imagination of enough people that it has lasted 2000 years? There are other, older gods who are just as believable."

You have the mind of a very young child and you also have the right to believe in whichever god you want to.

But, you are one of those who behave/write as though you despise the supposed teachings of Jesus.

Yes, they were written down by Jews and spread throughout the roman empire after the destruction of the Temple and the murder, enslavement and exile of hundreds of thousands of Jews. Seems unlikely that they would have believed that Jesus was crucified because their God loved Gentile world so much.

Seems more likely that they deliberately uploaded a thought virus into the mainframe deep within the belly of the scarlet beast that is described in revelation as being drunk on the blood of God's people.

Last edited:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The premise:

"I love you unconditionally and I give you free will to love me back or not but if you don't I will have you swim in lava and burn for the rest of time.

But don't forget the 'I love you' part. K, that's the big thing...I mean I will throw you face first into a raging fire forever if you don't love me back, but, you know, I'd still love you unconditionally as I watched you writhing in horrible pain and screaming at the top of your lungs forever. My love knows no bounds. And my torture knows no bounds either. But so worship me, I'm not confused. Not at all. There are many gods who love/burn people. I mean YOU try being a 'god' with all these powers man! It ain't easy. As soon as someone says 'I don't love you' back you really want to go all postal on them. And am I going to tell myself no!!? Come on now. I pardon me."

Forum List

Back