A Burning Question about the NYC attack and terrorism in general...

A majority of the "boots on the ground" and in the air fighting ISIS in Iraq are Muslim, including Muslim women. These are our allies. All this nonsense about Muslims not doing anything about their radicals is pure garbage circulated by idiots with an evil agenda who want to trick the American people into getting into a war with an entire religion, which would not only be the height of stupidity and waste, but also would be completely immoral. Some just want to fight because they are sick people who like war, and I suspect that some are members of some right-wing Christian cults in the U.S. that embrace weird ideologies that involve fighting Muslims and that have somehow distorted the Christian faith.

Not all terrorism can be linked to the Muslim faith. Among other things, a plot planned by at least three men who were members of some "militia" gang to bomb a mosque and an apartment plot in Kansas was foiled, and a bomb placed along the route of an MLK day march thankfully was defused. Both would have resulted in mass casualties. Several people were killed in an attack on a Sikh temple in Wisconsin (what the Sikhs have to do with any of this is beyond me). More died and several more were injured in an attack on a Colorado women's clinic. The Los Vegas shooting resulted in 58 deaths and more badly injured, and we don't know why or what ideology, if any, the shooter embraced. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Although this post was addressed to "Democrats," as if what political party anyone supports matters here, the subject to be addressed is how to stop terrorism, regardless of what ideology is behind it, and with all of the radical ideologies flying around thanks to the internet, this effort is going to have to be huge.

Directing the fight exclusively against Muslim-inspired terrorism is the equivalent of only seeking to remove part of a cancerous tumor. The cancer here is terrorism because it results in death and injury. The effort should be focused on taking the entire tumor out.

Like any other country, we have problems with our own people, however that doesn't mean we need to invite more in from other countries. "Bring them all in" and then figure out how to solve the problem is counterproductive. Closing the border off and letting in only those who absolutely have to be here is the better approach.

And become an isolationist country like North Korea? Like it or not, we now live in a world in which international borders mean very little, a world of the internet and jets. We get major talent from other nations, like nurses from the Philippines, doctors from Asian countries, even good cooks bringing new flavors. Everyone who comes contributes to the richness of our culture. I was thinking about this last night, watching my beautiful New Yorkers (I was born and raised on the Jersey side of the GW Bridge) rise up and party in the wake of such a tragedy. There are crazed ideologues willing to commit terrorism everywhere, from Oklahoma City, to London, to Karachi, to Nairobi, to God-only-knows where. There is no use trying to stick our heads in the sand and just go into lock-down, and it is impossible anyway. We all have to buck up, stay united across the world, and refuse to be defeated by what really amounts, considering the amount of people in the world, to a handful of nuts.

Closing down our border will not make us isolationists. Our people are free to go wherever they desire and it won't effect our trade. It's not like we haven't done it before--we have, and quite successfully.

Borders mean little to people that don't want them. To those of us that believe in borders, if you have no borders, you really have no country.

Some people come here and contribute and others just take away or become problems. So I totally disagree with your assertion that "everyone who comes" contributes. They don't. They cost the US billions of dollars every year. They lower our pay scale for Americans, and they take jobs from us as well.

Dear Democrats...

Why send thoughts and prayers to victims of terrorism when you resist any attempt to save lives by addressing the problem directly? Why bother when you're too consumed by your own political agenda? Does this not make your "thoughts and prayers" meaningless?

Spare me your sanctimony about "the Muslim ban". What happened in New York yesterday requires far more than "thoughts and prayers"; we need action, to weed out the radicals who distort their own faith to take innocent life. You want us to have sympathy on the refugees fleeing their war torn countries, but apparently none on the Americans that some of these wolves in sheep's clothing kill indiscriminately.

I've heard and seen enough. I've stopped short of labeling all of Islam as a dangerous ideology, mainly because I know Muslims that put some of the best practicing Christians in our society under a table. Christianity had to deal with its radical elements, so too should Islam. If not, that is what armed conflict is for. We will deal with its radical elements if it will not.

Do more than pray or mourn, stop standing in the way. Do your job and put the safety and welfare of the American citizenry first. Radical Islamic Terrorism is real. What will you do about it?

Sincerely,

An upset American citizen

If only Democrats went after terrorists suspects the way they went after Manafort....if only
You have absolutely no leg to stand on for that statement.

Bull fucking shit

Hahahahahahahaha has. You're so funny Frankie

Jilly, I hear Saipov once drove past Jared. Go get em!

Dear Democrats...

Why send thoughts and prayers to victims of terrorism when you resist any attempt to save lives by addressing the problem directly? Why bother when you're too consumed by your own political agenda? Does this not make your "thoughts and prayers" meaningless?

Spare me your sanctimony about "the Muslim ban". What happened in New York yesterday requires far more than "thoughts and prayers"; we need action, to weed out the radicals who distort their own faith to take innocent life. You want us to have sympathy on the refugees fleeing their war torn countries, but apparently none on the Americans that some of these wolves in sheep's clothing kill indiscriminately.

I've heard and seen enough. I've stopped short of labeling all of Islam as a dangerous ideology, mainly because I know Muslims that put some of the best practicing Christians in our society under a table. Christianity had to deal with its radical elements, so too should Islam. If not, that is what armed conflict is for. We will deal with its radical elements if it will not.

Do more than pray or mourn, stop standing in the way. Do your job and put the safety and welfare of the American citizenry first. Radical Islamic Terrorism is real. What will you do about it?

Sincerely,

If only Democrats went after terrorists suspects the way they went after Manafort....if only

I find it bizarre that anyone would (1) drag party affiliation into the issue of terrorism, and (2) would pretend that all of the governmental organizations that the U.S. has that are involved in fighting terrorism do not exist. Apparently, according to Crusader Frank, the U.S. is making no efforts to fight terrorism, there is no CIA or Dept. of Homeland Security, there are no FBI agents out there investigating suspicious people, nobody working security at our airports, nobody cruising the internet to find suspicious traffic, and this is all the fault of one of our political parties.

.....And why aren't saudis on ban list?
Your unproven assertion doesn't speak to that.

Maybe Melania is hoping to get $1,300,000 in personal jewelry from the Saudis like Michelle did? And of course the Obama's took all of their $millions in personal gifts from the Saudis when they left

Yeah let's see a link to that one bubbalah

One that isn't trumpsters nonsense.

Nice deflection btw. Thanks for trolling by.

Now answer the questions I politely posed. You know, without shilling for Donald

Are you serious? You don't know that the Saudis gave SUPER lavish gifts to the Obamas???

HAHAHAHA.....

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/d...ave-over-13m-in-gifts-to-the-obamas-last-year

Hillary Clinton’s gifts from foreign leaders more lavish than those for Obama

The 12 best gifts world leaders gave the Obamas in 2014 - CNNPolitics

Dear Democrats...

Sincerely,

I find it bizarre that anyone would (1) drag party affiliation into the issue of terrorism, and (2) would pretend that all of the governmental organizations that the U.S. has that are involved in fighting terrorism do not exist. Apparently, according to Crusader Frank, the U.S. is making no efforts to fight terrorism, there is no CIA or Dept. of Homeland Security, there are no FBI agents out there investigating suspicious people, nobody working security at our airports, nobody cruising the internet to find suspicious traffic, and this is all the fault of one of our political parties.

The FBI, the Obama people in it anyway, conducted a predawn raid on Mueller because they had a heads up from the Obama people at the NSA that Mueller was holding back information. If only they would have looked at Saipov that closely.

If only

A majority of the "boots on the ground" and in the air fighting ISIS in Iraq are Muslim, including Muslim women. These are our allies. All this nonsense about Muslims not doing anything about their radicals is pure garbage circulated by idiots with an evil agenda who want to trick the American people into getting into a war with an entire religion, which would not only be the height of stupidity and waste, but also would be completely immoral. Some just want to fight because they are sick people who like war, and I suspect that some are members of some right-wing Christian cults in the U.S. that embrace weird ideologies that involve fighting Muslims and that have somehow distorted the Christian faith.

Not all terrorism can be linked to the Muslim faith. Among other things, a plot planned by at least three men who were members of some "militia" gang to bomb a mosque and an apartment plot in Kansas was foiled, and a bomb placed along the route of an MLK day march thankfully was defused. Both would have resulted in mass casualties. Several people were killed in an attack on a Sikh temple in Wisconsin (what the Sikhs have to do with any of this is beyond me). More died and several more were injured in an attack on a Colorado women's clinic. The Los Vegas shooting resulted in 58 deaths and more badly injured, and we don't know why or what ideology, if any, the shooter embraced. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Although this post was addressed to "Democrats," as if what political party anyone supports matters here, the subject to be addressed is how to stop terrorism, regardless of what ideology is behind it, and with all of the radical ideologies flying around thanks to the internet, this effort is going to have to be huge.

Directing the fight exclusively against Muslim-inspired terrorism is the equivalent of only seeking to remove part of a cancerous tumor. The cancer here is terrorism because it results in death and injury. The effort should be focused on taking the entire tumor out.

Like any other country, we have problems with our own people, however that doesn't mean we need to invite more in from other countries. "Bring them all in" and then figure out how to solve the problem is counterproductive. Closing the border off and letting in only those who absolutely have to be here is the better approach.

And become an isolationist country like North Korea? Like it or not, we now live in a world in which international borders mean very little, a world of the internet and jets. We get major talent from other nations, like nurses from the Philippines, doctors from Asian countries, even good cooks bringing new flavors. Everyone who comes contributes to the richness of our culture. I was thinking about this last night, watching my beautiful New Yorkers (I was born and raised on the Jersey side of the GW Bridge) rise up and party in the wake of such a tragedy. There are crazed ideologues willing to commit terrorism everywhere, from Oklahoma City, to London, to Karachi, to Nairobi, to God-only-knows where. There is no use trying to stick our heads in the sand and just go into lock-down, and it is impossible anyway. We all have to buck up, stay united across the world, and refuse to be defeated by what really amounts, considering the amount of people in the world, to a handful of nuts.

Closing down our border will not make us isolationists. Our people are free to go wherever they desire and it won't effect our trade. It's not like we haven't done it before--we have, and quite successfully.

Borders mean little to people that don't want them. To those of us that believe in borders, if you have no borders, you really have no country.

Some people come here and contribute and others just take away or become problems. So I totally disagree with your assertion that "everyone who comes" contributes. They don't. They cost the US billions of dollars every year. They lower our pay scale for Americans, and they take jobs from us as well.

On what are these billions being spent?

Our pay scales were lowered by the wrecking of the unions, which was Raygun's and the other jerks' fault, the collapse of manufacturing in this country, U.S. companies sending jobs overseas, and the passage of right-to-work-for-nothing laws The immigrants take only low-level jobs that nobody else wants to do, like cleaning, lawn work, being care-givers for the elderly, and serving fast food. You can't blame immigrants for the problems that we ourselves created. We will have to face up to ourselves one day.

You know who I would like to give a big Popeye punch to? The "conservatives" who derailed the efforts of 40 years ago to achieve zero population growth world wide. We are now facing the results of unchecked population growth worldwide, but oh, gawd knows best, and those morons couldn't do the math. Now we all get to live with the results of their stupidity, shortsightedness, and bullshit.

On what are these billions being spent?

Our pay scales were lowered by the wrecking of the unions, which was Raygun's and the other jerks' fault, the collapse of manufacturing in this country, U.S. companies sending jobs overseas, and the passage of right-to-work-for-nothing laws The immigrants take only low-level jobs that nobody else wants to do, like cleaning, lawn work, being care-givers for the elderly, and serving fast food. You can't blame immigrants for the problems that we ourselves created. We will have to face up to ourselves one day.

You know who I would like to give a big Popeye punch to? The "conservatives" who derailed the efforts of 40 years ago to achieve zero population growth world wide. We are now facing the results of unchecked population growth worldwide, but oh, gawd knows best, and those morons couldn't do the math. Now we all get to live with the results of their stupidity, shortsightedness, and bullshit.

The conservatives can't control how many kids people have in other countries. Most conservatives are white and have on average 2 children. It's the welfare Democrats that are pumping out kids from multiple "baby daddies."

The American consumer is obsessed with cheap products. They don't care where it's made or who makes it, as long as they can get it for the lowest price they can. Manufacturers simply respond to consumer demand, and you can't produce cheap products when you pay floor sweepers $28.00 an hour plus great benefits.

Right-to-work states help keep those jobs in America. That's because once a union forces their way into a business, it causes businesses to look overseas for cheaper labor and taxes. And no, Reagan didn't do anything with unions. His only interaction was with one union which was the air traffic controllers.

Dear Democrats...

Sincerely,

Bull fucking shit
The response to terrorism is NOT political. Our country has been trying to round up and stop those fuckers since at least 9/11 and NO ONE likes them. If it weren't for our country's response including Democrat and Republican administrations, a lot more of us would be spattered on the walls somewhere. Be serious. Stop making--or trying to make--this a political issue. It's not helpful.

Dear Democrats...

Sincerely,

Great minds think alike. You said it better, as usual, though.

Dear Democrats...

Sincerely,

The FBI, the Obama people in it anyway, conducted a predawn raid on Mueller because they had a heads up from the Obama people at the NSA that Mueller was holding back information. If only they would have looked at Saipov that closely.

If only

The FBI apparently had enough information on Manafort to get a search warrant. The FBI most likely has a division of labor. The FBI folks who were looking at Manafort probably were in a whole separate division from those who try to catch terrorists. Those in the terrorism field apparently had no information that would raise suspicion about Saipov. The two cases are not related. It's apples and oranges. And how would you know whether the agents involved were "Obama people"? Career people in this town do their jobs regardless of their political views.

Anyway, I don't see why you are a fan of this Manafort. He seems like a pretty scuzzy character with connections to the Russian government. He doesn't seem to be very patriotic.

BTW: Mueller has a sterling reputation and background. Decorated Vietnam vet, Republican, appointed to be the director of the FBI by Bush 41, married to the same woman since 1966. Seems like an Eliot Ness type.

Maybe Melania is hoping to get $1,300,000 in personal jewelry from the Saudis like Michelle did? And of course the Obama's took all of their $millions in personal gifts from the Saudis when they left

Now answer the questions I politely posed. You know, without shilling for Donald

Are you serious? You don't know that the Saudis gave SUPER lavish gifts to the Obamas???

HAHAHAHA.....

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/d...ave-over-13m-in-gifts-to-the-obamas-last-year

Don't you know that federal law requires that all gifts given by foreign governments to presidents, their families, and other government official must be handed over to the GSA? They don't get to keep this stuff. trump doesn't get to keep what the Saudis gave him, either.

HAHAHAHA.....

Don't you know that federal law requires that all gifts given by foreign governments to presidents, their families, and other government official must be handed over to the GSA? They don't get to keep this stuff. trump doesn't get to keep what the Saudis gave him, either.

Wrong. Read more.

HAHAHAHA.....

except when the Saudis and others stay at his hotels and golf on his golf courses. that money goes into the Donald's coffers.

and no, he doesn't know that the Clintons and obamas didn't get to keep any of those things. but no one expects him to. *shrug*

HAHAHAHA.....

except when the Saudis and others stay at his hotels and golf on his golf courses. that money goes into the Donald's coffers.

and no, he doesn't know that the Clintons and obamas didn't get to keep any of those things. but no one expects him to. *shrug*

So in other words, and this is exactly what I expected from you, you shrug off $millions in gifts to the Obama's that they left office and KEPT....but money to Trump...well that is just bullshit!!!

What is it like to sit in the dark all the time?

Terrorism is real. What will you do about it?

So, a "757" really did travel at 500 mph with its nose 8 feet off the ground (putting its engines IN THE GROUND), smashed right through steel reinforced concrete, and left a hole way smaller than its fuselage...

Want to stop terrorism?

Wipe out the CIA and the Mossad. Putin is right, they are 95% of it.

Dear Democrats...

Sincerely,

Great minds think alike. You said it better, as usual, though.
Thank you for the compliment, but you are equally articulate and spot-on in your posts.

and how should that be done, idiot? do you take the internet away from angry men? if they did, you would be off-line permanently.

Hah! You have no grasp on this issue whatsoever, jillian. Though the internet is an effective medium for terrorists to spread their vile ideologies, it also spurs the like minded into action. I never said anything about "taking the internet away."

a lot more people have been killed by terrorism in this country since 9/11 by white christian terrorists.

Do you have stats or links to back that up? I'm not denying there are "White Christian terrorists" but am simply refusing to acknowledge the deflection.

do we take them out of the country?

You know, these seem awfully like your own suggestions, not mine. Project much?

Dear Democrats...

Sincerely,

The first thing we need to do is stop killing Muslims. We have killed and continue to kill far more Muslims than any radical faction has killed our people.

LOL. The disproportionate force argument. Please don't. That is a very half hearted argument. Try harder.

Forum List

Back