A Conservative Republican Ordered The IRS Tea Party Investigations

There goes that "blame Obama" conspiracy,.. Will the right wing machine apologize for spreading falsehoods?

A U.S. Internal Revenue Service manager, who described himself as a conservative Republican, told congressional investigators that he and a local colleague decided to give conservative groups the extra scrutiny that has prompted weeks of political controversy.

In an official interview transcript released on Sunday by Democratic Representative Elijah Cummings, the manager said he and an underling set aside "Tea Party" and "patriot" groups that had applied for tax-exempt status because the organizations appeared to pose a new precedent that could affect future IRS filings.

Republican IRS agent says Cincinnati began 'Tea Party' inquiries | Reuters

You almost gotta feel sorry for the desperate lefties. Next thing you know they will try to tell us that Cummings is a conservative.

No shit! A conservative IRS agent? HA! That would NEVER happen. You have to be good at MATH to be an IRS agent!

Why didn't Cummings release the entire transcript? Why did Cummings cherry pick the manager's statements?
Because he was just addressing the parts that Issa had cherry-picked. (Duh!) And, FYI, it's Issa's responsibility to release them all, since he is the one that is quoting them. But, Cummings has threatened to release them all if Issa doesn't.

Cummings vows to release full IRS transcripts by week?s end - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

:lol:

I was being a smart ass asking basically the same questions you were of Issa over the release of only partial transcripts.
No, you were being a dumb ass, because Issa is the one that is quoting parts of the transcript, and if he was honest he would have released the whole thing, not cherry-picked parts that fit his accusations.

Hey if Cummings wants to play chicken over the transcripts he can. It still won't stop the investigation.
How exactly is Cummings playing chicken? He just wants the truth to come out, and when it does, it is going to show that Issa is just a bag of hot air who lies.

Yeah, Issa wants the investigation to continue because he is still hoping against hope to incriminate Obama, but it seems that everyone of his attempts falls flat. All he is doing is losing credibility.

Because he was just addressing the parts that Issa had cherry-picked. (Duh!) And, FYI, it's Issa's responsibility to release them all, since he is the one that is quoting them. But, Cummings has threatened to release them all if Issa doesn't.

Cummings vows to release full IRS transcripts by week?s end - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

I was being a smart ass asking basically the same questions you were of Issa over the release of only partial transcripts.
No, you were being a dumb ass, because Issa is the one that is quoting parts of the transcript, and if he was honest he would have released the whole thing, not cherry-picked parts that fit his accusations.

Hey if Cummings wants to play chicken over the transcripts he can. It still won't stop the investigation.
How exactly is Cummings playing chicken? He just wants the truth to come out, and when it does, it is going to show that Issa is just a bag of hot air who lies.

Yeah, Issa wants the investigation to continue because he is still hoping against hope to incriminate Obama, but it seems that everyone of his attempts falls flat. All he is doing is losing credibility.

What part of this don't you get?

Though Cummings appeared on TV on Sunday with similarly cherry-picked transcripts, he promised to release the full interviews by this week’s end.

Cummings cherry picked too. Now he wants to play chicken over the transcripts. Fine. Let him.

Cummings has also proven himself to be a liar.

THE SPIN. To be fair, Cummings put his own spin on the partial transcripts he released Sunday. He called partisan foul on Issa for insinuating that he had proof that the “White House” was involved.

“I think this interview and these statements go a long way to showing that the White House was not involved in this,” Cummings said.

But Issa never technically did that.

On TV just over a week ago, he simply suggested IRS headquarters in the Beltway knew about the unfair criteria and perhaps had a hand in creating it.

But that’s a huge difference from claiming to have evidence that the president directed the targeting.

Full IRS transcripts coming soon - Cummings releases new transcripts, says W.H. not involved - Republican IRS agent admits to ordering searches - 'BOLO' creation mystery unraveling - POLITICO Morning Tax - POLITICO.com

Though Cummings appeared on TV on Sunday with similarly cherry-picked transcripts, he promised to release the full interviews by this week’s end.

Cummings cherry picked too. Now he wants to play chicken over the transcripts. Fine. Let him.

THE SPIN. To be fair, Cummings put his own spin on the partial transcripts he released Sunday. He called partisan foul on Issa for insinuating that he had proof that the “White House” was involved.

“I think this interview and these statements go a long way to showing that the White House was not involved in this,” Cummings said.

On TV just over a week ago, he simply suggested IRS headquarters in the Beltway knew about the unfair criteria and perhaps had a hand in creating it.

But that’s a huge difference from claiming to have evidence that the president directed the targeting.

Full IRS transcripts coming soon - Cummings releases new transcripts, says W.H. not involved - Republican IRS agent admits to ordering searches - 'BOLO' creation mystery unraveling - POLITICO Morning Tax - POLITICO.com

Sort of. HQ for the IRS includes Obama's cabinet. The IRS is not some independent group. Tim already left Obama's cabinet that leaves Obama to take the fall if Tim say's Obama knew. If there was targeting from the top Tim would have known. Tim would have known about the investigation and the results. I think he postponed the announce till he had left. Let's not forget Obama's declaration that he was gonna make Wall Street Pay dearly. Obama's attack on the right is finally starting to get air time now that the dems realize oh no the pubs are gonna get to run DC some day and look what we've done.

Last edited:

Are you that dense? It is Issa's committee, it is his choice to release them in their entirety or just cherry-pick like he did. But, Cummings is calling him on his devious misrepresentation of the comments, and Cummings has threatened to release them if Issa doesn't. Now, do you get it?

"I want those transcripts to be released," Cummings said. "But he's the chairman of the committee. We're not in power. Now, if he does not release them, I will. Period."

Read more: Cummings: Issa IRS scandal claims baseless; Issa: Cummings 'reckless' - UPI.com

Yes, he is telling Issa "you either release all of them, or I will" - Geez, it doesn't seem to be that hard to figure out.
Like I've said over and over, Cummings isn't the chair of the committee, Issa is, so it is up to Issa to release them. Cummings could only comment on the parts that Issa misrepresented, but if Issa doesn't come forth with the goods, Cummings will and we will all find out that Issa has been lying.

You haven't explained how he is being chicken, and now you are claiming that he is a liar. How is he a liar?
And please, don't tell me he only cherry-picked the transcripts - since I've already explained it to you twice, why he did that.

Bottom line, it is evident that Issa's mission was to implicate Obama, and he has again failed.

No, they are already looking for a way to wiggle out of this one. Cummings is being nice and claiming that the "Republican conservative" who started the inquiries was just doing his job, but how do we know that he didn't do that just to create a scandal for his own party to try and blame Obama? I wouldn't put it past them.
SO this Republican Conservative targeted tea party type groups, subjected people to audits, risked losing his job and jail time so that one or two years later the White House would get blamed when they found out it was all the work of the Conservative Republican?
Are you daft?

No, but you appear to be daft yourself. Conservative Republicans are not too bright, maybe he thought they would uncover the targeting sooner! LOL! Or maybe, he is one of the few Republicans left that is being honest and was just doing his job? Either way, it's all blowing up in GOP's face.

But, the bottom line is that Issa only released parts of the the interview, and when we have the entire records we are all going to find out what a lying scumbag Issa really is, and his little scandal is going to come crashing down like the rest of his phony scandals.

So why not release the entire transcript? Other IRS employees in the same division, including a manger of the group and the person responsible for the extra targeting, contradict the cherry-picked statements Issa released. Cummings made public more of the transcripts over the weekend.
In one, an IRS manager–a Republican–is asked if the decision to screen Tea Party groups was made with the goal of “targeting of the president’s political enemies.” The employee responded, “I do not believe that the screening of these cases had anything to do other than consistency and identifying issues that needed to have further development.”

The IRS scandal: Cummings and Issa spar ? MSNBC

So Issa is dishonest because he only released part of the interview while Cummings is honest because he released an account of some parts of an interview.
I seriously wonder whether libs have a capacity for rational thought.

WTF is wrong with you?

It has Darrell Issa's name at the very beginning, so this is not a Democratic document.

It says:

t3vLGRP.png

Read that last line again, dumbass.

You're kind of stupid, aren't you? Read the source at the top of the page. The part that starts "From".
Democratic Staff. And?

Cummings said that if Issa didn't release it, he would. Cummings is the Ranking Member.

The interview was done by combined staff. Republican staff asked him what his politics were. He said Conservative Republican.

And? Seriously? That's your response when I point out this is a memo with a political purpose, not a smoking gun?
Are you stupid? That's a serious question.

Obama sicked the dogs on the conservative groups. As I have mentioned, videos galore of him doing so.

-Geaux

Rabbi,

Continuously calling others stupid is not the way to shake off your reputation for being one of this forum's least intelligent members.

Translation: Darn he saw that and I didnt.

Care to explain how a memo prepared by the Democratic staff that gives an alleged account of one interview, selectively edited, is supposed to represent the "smoking gun"?

You're losing credibility here. Not that you had a lot to begin with.

Obama sicked the dogs on the conservative groups. As I have mentioned, videos galore of him doing so.

-Geaux

Sure. The question is whether these individuals, bureaucrats used to taking and following orders, suddenly said to themselves, Hey Obama says the tea party groups are enemies so let's put some selective scrutiny on them, even though that's illegal. In doing so they would risk being fired or even jail time. Or whether these are low level functionaries used to following orders and someone on Obama's staff (or Obama) told them to do it.
I know where my money is.

Rabbi,

This was your challenge to Synth.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7360683-post132.html

He supplied the link. There is an IRS manager making those claims in the document provided. Now....you can run around like the idiot you are claiming that the document is fabricated by Democrats.......as if thereis a conspiracy that includes all of the democratic staff members on the oversight committee.

You see...that document is, in fact, entered into the congressional record. It was prepared by democratic staffers.......what it describes actually happened and the transcripts exist.

But YOU don't believe it.

Your ass beat again.

Rabbi,

He supplied the link. There is an IRS manager making those claims in the document provided. Now....you can run around like the idiot you are claiming that the document is fabricated by Democrats.......as if thereis a conspiracy that includes all of the democratic staff members on the oversight committee.

You see...that document is, in fact, entered into the congressional record. It was prepared by democratic staffers.......what it describes actually happened and the transcripts exist.

Your ass beat again.

See, your stupidity is showing. This is the problem. There is no IRS manager making claims. There is a Dem-generated memo that says an IRS manager is making such claims. Those aren't the same thing. Not remotely close. The fact that you cannot recognize and evaluate evidence indicates an inferior intelligence.

Rabbi,

Your ass beat again.

See, your stupidity is showing. This is the problem. There is no IRS manager making claims. There is a Dem-generated memo that says an IRS manager is making such claims. Those aren't the same thing. Not remotely close. The fact that you cannot recognize and evaluate evidence indicates an inferior intelligence.

{snort}

This from the guy who believes that an IRS agent saying "there's no way superiors didnt know about the targeting" is akin to saying "Obama ordered it!".

Why won't noted car thief Issa release the transcripts?

Are you that dense? It is Issa's committee, it is his choice to release them in their entirety or just cherry-pick like he did. But, Cummings is calling him on his devious misrepresentation of the comments, and Cummings has threatened to release them if Issa doesn't. Now, do you get it?

"I want those transcripts to be released," Cummings said. "But he's the chairman of the committee. We're not in power. Now, if he does not release them, I will. Period."

Read more: Cummings: Issa IRS scandal claims baseless; Issa: Cummings 'reckless' - UPI.com

[/B]

Yes, he is telling Issa "you either release all of them, or I will" - Geez, it doesn't seem to be that hard to figure out.
Like I've said over and over, Cummings isn't the chair of the committee, Issa is, so it is up to Issa to release them. Cummings could only comment on the parts that Issa misrepresented, but if Issa doesn't come forth with the goods, Cummings will and we will all find out that Issa has been lying.

You haven't explained how he is being chicken, and now you are claiming that he is a liar. How is he a liar?
And please, don't tell me he only cherry-picked the transcripts - since I've already explained it to you twice, why he did that.

Bottom line, it is evident that Issa's mission was to implicate Obama, and he has again failed.

I never called Cummings a chicken. I said he was playing chicken. There is a world of difference.

Cummings is a liar when he says that Issa said this targeting of conservative groups was directed from the White House.

Politico had the quote from Issa that I put up which proves that Issa never said that and one more time proves Cummings is a liar.

It's not rocket science here. And I back up my statements with links instead of throwing around accusations without proof. You've claimed Issa is a liar.

Prove it.

THE SPIN. To be fair, Cummings put his own spin on the partial transcripts he released Sunday.

He called partisan foul on Issa for insinuating that he had proof that the “White House” was involved.

Last edited:
Rabbi,

Your ass beat again.

{snort}

This from the guy who believes that an IRS agent saying "there's no way superiors didnt know about the targeting" is akin to saying "Obama ordered it!".

There is a lot stonger basis for believing that Obama was informed than for believing that he didnt based on an edited report of a meeting where someone said he had no reason to think so.
Perhaps Issa is waiting for the investigation to conclude so things aren't taken out of context. You know, like Cummings did?

[/B]

I never called Cummings a chicken. I said he was playing chicken. There is a world of difference.

Cummings is a liar when he says that Issa said this targeting of conservative groups was directed from the White House.

Politico had the quote fromIssa that I put up which proves that Issa never said that and one more time proves Cummings is a liar.

It's not rocket science here. And I back up my statements with links instead of throwing around accusations without proof. You've claimed Issa is a liar.

Prove it.

THE SPIN. To be fair, Cummings put his own spin on the partial transcripts he released Sunday.

He called partisan foul on Issa for insinuating that he had proof that the “White House” was involved.

This is classic strawman stuff. Cummings claims that Issa said the president directed this. Then he produces an edited transcript from someone who says he has no reason to believe that (he has no reason not to believe it either of course) and Cummings crows that he's exposed Issa.
This is believable only by the generally ignorant and gullible. I suspect we will see that Cummins is a front man for the administration's attempt to cover this up. Remember that nixon got in trouble not for the operation but for the cover up.

{snort}

There is a lot stonger basis for believing that Obama was informed than for believing that he didnt based on an edited report of a meeting where someone said he had no reason to think so.
Perhaps Issa is waiting for the investigation to conclude so things aren't taken out of context. You know, like Cummings did?

Only true whacked out libs like Cummings and some of our USMB crew could bitch about Issa only releasing parts of transcripts and cherry picking quotes yet turning around and only releasing parts of a transcript and cherry picking quotes.

:lmao:

Cue twilight zone theme.

How damn funny, the guy doesn't have a name so they refer to him as the Republican Conservative...And people are just suppose to believe this..

what a joke and desperate

Last edited:

Forum List

Back