A few questions for the fundies

Personal experience includes things I’ve read or seen, not just that I’ve lived myself. Now you know.

Ahhh, things you've read. So . . . other people's morals that you've adopted and pretended to yourself that you invented, in other words.

But somehow, when the rest of us adopt a personal moral standard from things WE'VE read, WE are all crazy, simply because the things we read happened to be in the Bible.

Got it. Glad we cleared that up.
Depends what you read, if it’s a book about a ghost that rapes a human to have a zombie child, then... well... you know what I’m saying...

That you're a dumbass who knows nothing about the Bible? Yes, I know what you're saying. It's what you're always saying.
It is what it is, and certainly not a book of morality.

Notwithstanding the fact that it was the foundation of Western civilization, the most prosperous, morally-minded society in human history. Can't imagine why that would make anyone think it's a book of morality.
The hero of the book rapes and kill, and orders others to kill. Get real.

And you read . . . what, to develop the personal moral standard that you pretend to have invented all by your onesy? And more to the point, what did the author read to develop HIS personal moral standard for the book you plagiarized?

I'm not saying my morality is the purest. I'm saying we have the same ultimate source, and I'M just honest enough to admit it.
Sorry, my morals don’t come from a powerful ghost that drowns most of humanity because he screwed up making them.

Yeah, they do. You're just too much of a conceited, reductive moron to realize and admit it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've lived your entire life in a Western society. The people you've observed and made judgements about have also lived most or all of their lives in a Western society. The books you've read, movies you've watched, etc. were pretty much all created by people who lived most or all of their lives in Western societies. So basically, the moral standards permeating everything upon which you've made your judgements regarding right and wrong have been based on Western societal norms.

And, of course, Western civilization was built by and is heavily based on Christianity, and is completely permeated by and infused with Christian ideas and viewpoints.

But you'd have us believe that you somehow puzzled out a completely unique, original "personal moral standard" that is uninfluenced by and separate from Christianity.

Okay, Bubba, you go with that.
So that's what made me the "dumbass" that you called me?

Taz, her post was brilliant and if you can't seriously and honestly refute it, this is where you should admit that you are wrong and thank her for teaching you.

Refute it, or admit defeat.

YOur dodge made you look BAD.
You bible folks are just desperate to have everyone agree with you because deep down, you know that's it's a hateful book full of orders from god to kill, if he's not doing to killing himself. And you think that the bible taught everyone right from wrong? Maybe that's why all the prisons are full up, the priests are being exposed as pedophiles and wars are raging throughout the world? It's ridiculous, you need to get a grip on reality.

Your spurious attempts at distracting from the fact that you cannot refute what she said, is noted.

Your moral reference comes from a book where a ghost rapes a woman to make a zombie child. And before that, your ghost mass murdered nearly everyone in a flood it caused. And on and on... so please spare us the lecture of how your morality is the purest.

And you read . . . what, to develop the personal moral standard that you pretend to have invented all by your onesy? And more to the point, what did the author read to develop HIS personal moral standard for the book you plagiarized?

I'm not saying my morality is the purest. I'm saying we have the same ultimate source, and I'M just honest enough to admit it.
Sorry, my morals don’t come from a powerful ghost that drowns most of humanity because he screwed up making them.

Yeah, they do. You're just too much of a conceited, reductive moron to realize and admit it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've lived your entire life in a Western society. The people you've observed and made judgements about have also lived most or all of their lives in a Western society. The books you've read, movies you've watched, etc. were pretty much all created by people who lived most or all of their lives in Western societies. So basically, the moral standards permeating everything upon which you've made your judgements regarding right and wrong have been based on Western societal norms.

And, of course, Western civilization was built by and is heavily based on Christianity, and is completely permeated by and infused with Christian ideas and viewpoints.

But you'd have us believe that you somehow puzzled out a completely unique, original "personal moral standard" that is uninfluenced by and separate from Christianity.

If I had to guess, I'd say being dropped on your head as a baby is what made you the dumbass you are.

But yes, claiming to have invented a personal moral code all by yourself, when you're really only cribbing notes from Christianity at second- and third-hand, would definitely be evidence of the aforementioned dumbassery.
Is that what Jesus taught? To insult people that don't agree with you? I must have missed that part of the bible. What chapter is that?

If I had to guess, I'd say being dropped on your head as a baby is what made you the dumbass you are.

But yes, claiming to have invented a personal moral code all by yourself, when you're really only cribbing notes from Christianity at second- and third-hand, would definitely be evidence of the aforementioned dumbassery.
Is that what Jesus taught? To insult people that don't agree with you? I must have missed that part of the bible. What chapter is that?

Says the man still refusing to address her point.

The potential prison sentence.

That is not a credible answer.

DO you believe that stealing is wrong, and if so, when did you come to that conclusion?
When I realized that you can get in trouble for that.

Fear of consequences is not learning something is wrong.

Or are you stating that the only thing keeping your from stealing is fear of being caught and punished?
When you're little, yes, getting in trouble is the biggest worry.

Who were you worried about being punished BY?
God.

Now cut it out. :biggrin:

Taz, her post was brilliant and if you can't seriously and honestly refute it, this is where you should admit that you are wrong and thank her for teaching you.

You bible folks are just desperate to have everyone agree with you because deep down, you know that's it's a hateful book full of orders from god to kill, if he's not doing to killing himself. And you think that the bible taught everyone right from wrong? Maybe that's why all the prisons are full up, the priests are being exposed as pedophiles and wars are raging throughout the world? It's ridiculous, you need to get a grip on reality.

Wrong. We "Bible folks" don't give much of a damn if people agree with us or not. We'll tell you about our beliefs, because we're instructed to do so, but what you do with it is between you and God, and not our problem.

You leftist atheists, on the other hand, really are desperate to FORCE everyone to agree with you, or to at least pretend they do, because deep down, you're incapable of having any self-esteem of your own, and you have to try to manufacture it.

There is no garbage you're going to spew about the Bible that is going to make you correct, or make anyone think you're correct, just FYI. All you're accomplishing is to demonstrate how very little you've ever bothered to learn about the things you hate. Christianity is not responsible for full prisons, pedophiles, or any of the wars raging around the world. In fact, atheism racked up more of a death toll in the 20th century alone than in all the other manmade events in human history.

Your spurious attempts at distracting from the fact that you cannot refute what she said, is noted.
But I partially agreed with you and her, that rape, greed, murder... in today's society can be traced back to the bible. Isn't that what you wanted? :biggrin:

Ahhh, things you've read. So . . . other people's morals that you've adopted and pretended to yourself that you invented, in other words.

But somehow, when the rest of us adopt a personal moral standard from things WE'VE read, WE are all crazy, simply because the things we read happened to be in the Bible.

Got it. Glad we cleared that up.
Depends what you read, if it’s a book about a ghost that rapes a human to have a zombie child, then... well... you know what I’m saying...

That you're a dumbass who knows nothing about the Bible? Yes, I know what you're saying. It's what you're always saying.
It is what it is, and certainly not a book of morality.

Notwithstanding the fact that it was the foundation of Western civilization, the most prosperous, morally-minded society in human history. Can't imagine why that would make anyone think it's a book of morality.
The hero of the book rapes and kill, and orders others to kill. Get real.

*snore* See above, re: spewing incorrect garbage to prove that you didn't bother to learn about the Bible before deciding to hate it.

That is not a credible answer.

DO you believe that stealing is wrong, and if so, when did you come to that conclusion?

Or are you stating that the only thing keeping your from stealing is fear of being caught and punished?

God.

That is a lie.

But I partially agreed with you and her, that rape, greed, murder... in today's society can be traced back to the bible. Isn't that what you wanted? :biggrin:

It is clear from her posts what her point was, and you are just dancing and dodging to avoid it.

That is the actions of someone who knows that they have lost the argument.

She doesnt have a point. The "morals" written in the Bible that are used in Western Culture actually preceded the Bible and were adhered to by humans before it. Theres nothing special about the Bible's rendition of what was previously codified.

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz

Wrong. We "Bible folks" don't give much of a damn if people agree with us or not. We'll tell you about our beliefs, because we're instructed to do so, but what you do with it is between you and God, and not our problem.

You leftist atheists, on the other hand, really are desperate to FORCE everyone to agree with you, or to at least pretend they do, because deep down, you're incapable of having any self-esteem of your own, and you have to try to manufacture it.

There is no garbage you're going to spew about the Bible that is going to make you correct, or make anyone think you're correct, just FYI. All you're accomplishing is to demonstrate how very little you've ever bothered to learn about the things you hate. Christianity is not responsible for full prisons, pedophiles, or any of the wars raging around the world. In fact, atheism racked up more of a death toll in the 20th century alone than in all the other manmade events in human history.
I don't care if you agree with me, we're just talking from different points of view and I find that interesting. You, on the other hand, have to get all aggressive and nasty and don't seem to be able to discuss things like a calm, mature person. But THAT'S not the bible's fault now, is it?

God.

That is a lie.

I was afraid of being sent to hell where the devil will burn me for all eternity. Just like you. :biggrin:

Nope, I'm actually following the example of the Apostle Paul in this case. Rather a cranky, salty old guy, was Paul. Although I will point out that even Jesus Christ was known to have something of a temper when people misinterpreted the teachings of God.

Either way, the Christianity or lack thereof in my behavior is between me and God. Last time I checked, you were neither, and thus your input on the subject is not desired nor is it interesting.

And for the record, concentrating on your hurt feewings to avoid addressing the actual point - that you stole whatever "morality" you have from religious sources - fools no one.

She doesnt have a point. The "morals" written in the Bible that are used in Western Culture actually preceded the Bible and were adhered to by humans before it. Theres nothing special about the Bible's rendition of what was previously codified.

Now, THAT'S a real answer.

But, regardless of how special the Bible is or isn't, Cecilies's point about the Bible suffusing Western Civilization is still True.

It is clear from her posts what her point was, and you are just dancing and dodging to avoid it.

That is the actions of someone who knows that they have lost the argument.
So what was her point? Sum it up for me.

God.

That is a lie.

I was afraid of being sent to hell where the devil will burn me for all eternity. Just like you. :biggrin:

I know why you are afraid to tell the truth.

I know what the answer is.

And you know that it makes a mockery of your pretense of being self contained.

Prove it.

What's special about the Bible and its codification, which is not special about any other "rendition", is that it produced Western civilization. Nothing else, even if it contains some similarities, has ever achieved anything remotely like that.

God.

That is a lie.

I know why you are afraid to tell the truth.

I know what the answer is.

And you know that it makes a mockery of your pretense of being self contained.
Like GT said, the morals found in the bible weren't even original. Too funny.:biggrin:

Prove it.

What's special about the Bible and its codification, which is not special about any other "rendition", is that it produced Western civilization. Nothing else, even if it contains some similarities, has ever achieved anything remotely like that.
How about you proving how Noah got kangaroos from Australia and back? I can't get a straight answer at this board.

Forum List

Back