A few questions for the fundies

When you see your neighbor kill his wife, and you grab him, shackle him in chains and confine him in your basement for a while before you kill him, you are charged with a crime, yes?

Yet when the police do it, they are fulfilling their legal responsibility.

You are not God. He has authority you do not.
The police don’t have the authority to do a mass killing. EPIC FAIL.

Waco.
They weren't even trying to kill them, they were just incompetent. Anyways, the police who did the killing weren't the ones who had the authority to kill people in such a manner. Still an EPIC FAIL.

The military.

So you can pretend you're not seeing it, but there are people under certain circumstances who are authorized to kill. God has authority you don't.
The military personnel aren't authorized to kill anyone they want, and on a mass scale. They need orders from their superiors. :dig:

And their superiors have authority to order entire cities to be destroyed. Do you not see how you are making my case for me?

You are trying to say that the creator God doesn't even have the same authority as a general in the US military.

Excuse me? They've been dragged through the courts all the way to the Supreme Court, and no one's forcing them?

What he means is as long as they dont mind being bankrupted and forced out of their livelihood nobody is forcing them.
Marxists are like this. And I take this time to remind everyone that kicking their as in elections will not do the trick. They have to be eliminated in the disease reservoirs where they set up shop.

The police don’t have the authority to do a mass killing. EPIC FAIL.

Waco.
They weren't even trying to kill them, they were just incompetent. Anyways, the police who did the killing weren't the ones who had the authority to kill people in such a manner. Still an EPIC FAIL.

The military.

So you can pretend you're not seeing it, but there are people under certain circumstances who are authorized to kill. God has authority you don't.
The military personnel aren't authorized to kill anyone they want, and on a mass scale. They need orders from their superiors. :dig:

And their superiors have authority to order entire cities to be destroyed. Do you not see how you are making my case for me?

You are trying to say that the creator God doesn't even have the same authority as a general in the US military.
No, what I'm saying is that the general will be held accountable for his actions, but you seem to say that god is not accountable for his actions. So god can be a murdering prick and get away with it in your mind.

The military.

No, what I'm saying is that the general will be held accountable for his actions, but you seem to say that god is not accountable for his actions. So god can be a murdering prick and get away with it in your mind.

There is no one equal or superior to Him who has either understanding or standing to accuse Him. Small children have neither understanding nor standing to accuse their parents because they got their hands smacked for trying to turn on a gas stove.

When you know everything God knows and you are His equal, be sure to let us know. Oh, and be sure you explain to the ants why you are destroying their nest. Hate for them to consider you a heartless murdering bastard, you know.

The military.

There is no one equal or superior to Him who has either understanding or standing to accuse Him. Small children have neither understanding nor standing to accuse their parents because they got their hands smacked for trying to turn on a gas stove.

When you know everything God knows and you are His equal, be sure to let us know. Oh, and be sure you explain to the ants why you are destroying their nest. Hate for them to consider you a heartless murdering bastard, you know.
I never claimed to be god. God on the other hand, according to you, has the claim that it can do anything it wants, drown all those people in the flood, impregnate a young virgin, let children be born deformed or with cancer... and it gets a free pass from you. Man, you sure are desperate to believe in your god. Just be careful when they pass around the kool-aid.

The military.

I never claimed to be god. God on the other hand, according to you, has the claim that it can do anything it wants, drown all those people in the flood, impregnate a young virgin, let children be born deformed or with cancer... and it gets a free pass from you. Man, you sure are desperate to believe in your god. Just be careful when they pass around the kool-aid.

Actually, you are claiming to be greater than God, as you obviously think you know better than He does what should be done and have standing to accuse Him of wrongdoing.

Do you finally at least accept that authority can allow a person to do what they otherwise would get in trouble for doing?

Actually, you are claiming to be greater than God, as you obviously think you know better than He does what should be done and have standing to accuse Him of wrongdoing.

Do you finally at least accept that authority can allow a person to do what they otherwise would get in trouble for doing?
There is no human authority that gets away with whatever they want, everyone has to answer for their actions, even god.

There is no human authority that gets away with whatever they want, everyone has to answer for their actions, even god.

They have to account for their actions only to those higher in authority than themselves. Note that, for example, a parent does not account for their actions to their infant children. Obviously, you consider yourself to have higher authority than God does.

They have to account for their actions only to those higher in authority than themselves. Note that, for example, a parent does not account for their actions to their infant children. Obviously, you consider yourself to have higher authority than God does.
Parents have to account for their actions towards a child, they can’t just go rape and murder them without consequences. Everyone always has to account for their actions, even a god.

Parents have to account for their actions towards a child, they can’t just go rape and murder them without consequences. Everyone always has to account for their actions, even a god.

And to whom are they accountable? Not to the children, but to those who have authority to hold them accountable. For example, a neighbor does not have authority to take the children away or to put the parents in prison while CPS and the Police do. If the family lives in a remote island with no one else around, they are accountable to no one.

Who is God's superior that can hold Him accountable to anything?

masonry_preview.png

View attachment 170362
What a load of bullshit. Nobody is forcing them to bake a cake. Fucking stupid.

As far as I know Charlie Craig und Dave Mullins forced Jack Phillips to bake them a cake. I read also from an older lady who did not like to give flowers to a gay marriage in the USA. The situation seems to be that she, her children and the grandchildren are able to lose the family company because of claims of damages. Some people work for decades what others take in moments. Looks like Christians have to give up every business in the USA which could have to do with marriages, where a man "marries" another man.

Wrong. Nobody was forced to bake a cake. Sorry. If you choose to start a business, you agree to follow the law regarding businesses.

And to whom are they accountable? Not to the children, but to those who have authority to hold them accountable. For example, a neighbor does not have authority to take the children away or to put the parents in prison while CPS and the Police do. If the family lives in a remote island with no one else around, they are accountable to no one.

You are always accountable to the children. You can’t rape them and expect no response.

You are always accountable to the children. You can’t rape them and expect no response.

And when would that happen, when they are young or when they are bigger and stronger than the parents? Again, you are accountable to those with the authority to hold you accountable.

I'll ask again. Who is God's superior that can hold Him accountable to anything?

Do you also spend a lot of time raging at Mother Nature for being "immoral"?
So god has no control over himself?

God is not a human being. He does not have the same imperatives, limitations, goals, or motivations on Him that humans do. To expect Him to behave as a human does is to expect Mother Nature to do so.
So god can kill and it’s all good. And you claim the moral high ground? That’s laughable. Seriously.

No, what's laughable is that you keep equating God with humans, rather than the force of nature - the force BEHIND nature - that He is.
Weren't we supposedly made in god's image? War, rape, murder, look at the animals, it's all part of nature.

Sorry, but no.

What a load of bullshit. Nobody is forcing them to bake a cake. Fucking stupid.

As far as I know Charlie Craig und Dave Mullins forced Jack Phillips to bake them a cake. I read also from an older lady who did not like to give flowers to a gay marriage in the USA. The situation seems to be that she, her children and the grandchildren are able to lose the family company because of claims of damages. Some people work for decades what others take in moments. Looks like Christians have to give up every business in the USA which could have to do with marriages, where a man "marries" another man.

Wrong. Nobody was forced to bake a cake. Sorry. If you choose to start a business, you agree to follow the law regarding businesses.

Oh, OKAY. So you're really going to hide behind, "They were driven out of business and dragged through the courts, but they didn't actually have to bake that cake!" And somehow, this little word-parsing of yours is supposed to be some sort of debate win.

GT's response is not yours.

HIs argument is a whole other path of discussion.
Ya, but still funny because you two were trying to say that Western civilization's morals were taken from the bible, which didn't invent those morals, so basically, your whole argument is an EPIC FAIL! :biggrin:

A source doesn't have to be the original or even the sole source to still be a source.

I just picked up some groceries from the store. There are other stores, and the food was not grown AT the store, but the store was still my source of groceries.

You are really flailing around here.
So you’re comparing the Bible to a grocery store, where you go in a pick and choose stuff that you can get anywhere. Ok, if you say so. :lmao:

YOu just pretended to be exposed to that concept of an analogy for the first time.

Think about how you know you have to be constantly dishonest in this thread, to maintain your position.

What does that tell you?
I won! :biggrin:

Dude. You are growing increasingly sad.

So god has no control over himself?

God is not a human being. He does not have the same imperatives, limitations, goals, or motivations on Him that humans do. To expect Him to behave as a human does is to expect Mother Nature to do so.
So god can kill and it’s all good. And you claim the moral high ground? That’s laughable. Seriously.

No, what's laughable is that you keep equating God with humans, rather than the force of nature - the force BEHIND nature - that He is.
Weren't we supposedly made in god's image? War, rape, murder, look at the animals, it's all part of nature.

Sorry, but no.
Sorry, but yes. :biggrin:

Genesis 1:27 "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

Anyways, god IS a rapist and a murderer. And so are humans.

And when would that happen, when they are young or when they are bigger and stronger than the parents? Again, you are accountable to those with the authority to hold you accountable.

I'll ask again. Who is God's superior that can hold Him accountable to anything?
Everyone is accountable for everything they do in life. And so is god, who made us in his own image.

Everyone is accountable for everything they do in life. And so is god, who made us in his own image.

Accountable to whom? Are you tacitly admitting that man is accountable to God?

God is accountable only to Himself and to His word. There is no one greater that can hold Him accountable to anything.

I have asked multiple times with no response. Who is greater than God who can hold Him accountable? All you can bring is a vague, "everyone is accountable". Again, accountable to whom? I've answered that question, you have avoided it.

Accountable to whom? Are you tacitly admitting that man is accountable to God?

God is accountable only to Himself and to His word. There is no one greater that can hold Him accountable to anything.

I have asked multiple times with no response. Who is greater than God who can hold Him accountable? All you can bring is a vague, "everyone is accountable". Again, accountable to whom? I've answered that question, you have avoided it.
You don't have to be greater than someone to have them be accountable to you. I'm not greater than Trump but he's still accountable to me. I'm not greater than my neighbor, but he still can't come over here and kill my cat. ...

You're just making stuff up because you want to give god a free pass on his murdering, raping, and making deformed children and cancer...

Forum List

Back