A few questions for the fundies

And to whom are they accountable? Not to the children, but to those who have authority to hold them accountable. For example, a neighbor does not have authority to take the children away or to put the parents in prison while CPS and the Police do. If the family lives in a remote island with no one else around, they are accountable to no one.

Who is God's superior that can hold Him accountable to anything?
You are always accountable to the children. You can’t rape them and expect no response.

And when would that happen, when they are young or when they are bigger and stronger than the parents? Again, you are accountable to those with the authority to hold you accountable.

I'll ask again. Who is God's superior that can hold Him accountable to anything?
Everyone is accountable for everything they do in life. And so is god, who made us in his own image.

Accountable to whom? Are you tacitly admitting that man is accountable to God?

God is accountable only to Himself and to His word. There is no one greater that can hold Him accountable to anything.

I have asked multiple times with no response. Who is greater than God who can hold Him accountable? All you can bring is a vague, "everyone is accountable". Again, accountable to whom? I've answered that question, you have avoided it.
You don't have to be greater than someone to have them be accountable to you. I'm not greater than Trump but he's still accountable to me. I'm not greater than my neighbor, but he still can't come over here and kill my cat. ...

You're just making stuff up because you want to give god a free pass on his murdering, raping, and making deformed children and cancer...

The only way Trump is accountable to you is through the power you have as a voter. That is to say, not at all. Tell me, in what way can you hold Trump accountable for anything? If he writes an executive order you don't like, how are you going to make him take it back? If he negotiates a treaty you don't like, how are you going to make him change it? You can't, thus he is not accountable to you, except in the smallest of ways as voter.

Your neighbor is not accountable to you, he is accountable to the law, which is greater than him. If he comes over and kills your cat, you can't take revenge on him without violating the law, which is also greater than you. And the law can hold no one accountable without a police force that has authority to force obedience.

Again, accountability is to those of greater authority. There is none of greater authority than God, thus He is accountable only to Himself. You want to condemn Him for things you think are wrong, but you don't have the authority to accuse. You don't even have the full knowledge of the situation.

You are always accountable to the children. You can’t rape them and expect no response.

And when would that happen, when they are young or when they are bigger and stronger than the parents? Again, you are accountable to those with the authority to hold you accountable.

I'll ask again. Who is God's superior that can hold Him accountable to anything?
Everyone is accountable for everything they do in life. And so is god, who made us in his own image.

God is accountable only to Himself and to His word. There is no one greater that can hold Him accountable to anything.

I have asked multiple times with no response. Who is greater than God who can hold Him accountable? All you can bring is a vague, "everyone is accountable". Again, accountable to whom? I've answered that question, you have avoided it.
You don't have to be greater than someone to have them be accountable to you. I'm not greater than Trump but he's still accountable to me. I'm not greater than my neighbor, but he still can't come over here and kill my cat. ...

You're just making stuff up because you want to give god a free pass on his murdering, raping, and making deformed children and cancer...

The only way Trump is accountable to you is through the power you have as a voter. That is to say, not at all. Tell me, in what way can you hold Trump accountable for anything? If he writes an executive order you don't like, how are you going to make him take it back? If he negotiates a treaty you don't like, how are you going to make him change it? You can't, thus he is not accountable to you, except in the smallest of ways as voter.

Your neighbor is not accountable to you, he is accountable to the law, which is greater than him. If he comes over and kills your cat, you can't take revenge on him without violating the law, which is also greater than you. And the law can hold no one accountable without a police force that has authority to force obedience.

Again, accountability is to those of greater authority. There is none of greater authority than God, thus He is accountable only to Himself. You want to condemn Him for things you think are wrong, but you don't have the authority to accuse. You don't even have the full knowledge of the situation.
You're a fool if you think that everyone is accountable except god. That your god needs an exemption means that he's a criminal douchebag.

You're a fool if you think that everyone is accountable except god. That your god needs an exemption means that he's a criminal douchebag.
So tell me, to whom is God accountable and how do they enforce it?

Well, I don't personally believe that's there's any actual proof for the bible-god who blinked everything into existence, so an as yet unproven deity can be thought of in any way you wish, I was merely pointing out the absurdity of an unaccountable god who will punish US if we don't obey a book. And furthermore, you don't even know if there's a higher power than god, as there could be, even if it isn't mentioned in your book. How do you know for sure either way?

Well, I don't personally believe that's there's any actual proof for the bible-god who blinked everything into existence, so an as yet unproven deity can be thought of in any way you wish, I was merely pointing out the absurdity of an unaccountable god who will punish US if we don't obey a book. And furthermore, you don't even know if there's a higher power than god, as there could be, even if it isn't mentioned in your book. How do you know for sure either way?
Now you're trying to not only move the goal posts, but to get on another field entirely. You have been claiming for some time now that God is accountable (without identifying who that could be), not that He doesn't exist. So the question is still open, to whom is He accountable and how do they enforce it? I've shown you multiple examples of accountability and how they are enforced. This is your great chance to tell the world to whom God is accountable and how they are great enough and powerful enough to hold Him accountable.

The end result is inevitable. You attempted to show that belief in God is absurd by trying to say that He would be accountable to us and thus could be held in human condemnation. I showed you that idea is preposterous. Now, instead of admitting that there is no one to whom God could be accountable, you want to jump onto another argument. If you must, go ahead, but understand that your abandoning (and collapsing) your line of argument leaves mine standing. And didn't you say something about "EPIC FAIL"? You might want to check the mirror on that one.

Last edited:

A few corrections:

1. God did not blink everything into existence. God and evolution work perfectly fine together.
2. The Book promises that it is not God's intention to condemn the world, but to redeem it--and, sins are forgiven.
3. One God, Father of us all. There is no other.

This is not all knowledge. It is simply the place people can start. Consider the many people who knock out all science to get to God. Consider the many people who knock out God to get to science. Then note the many who study both science and God. Just as no one had to forbid math in school in order for students to learn grammar, no one should have to forbid either evolution or God in school to learn about both. It creates a vacuum, and nature seems to be filling that vacuum with spite and dissension.

Now you're trying to not only move the goal posts, but to get on another field entirely. You have been claiming for some time now that God is accountable (without identifying who that could be), not that He doesn't exist. So the question is still open, to whom is He accountable and how do they enforce it? I've shown you multiple examples of accountability and how they are enforced. This is your great chance to tell the world to whom God is accountable and how they are great enough and powerful enough to hold Him accountable.

The end result is inevitable. You attempted to show that belief in God is absurd by trying to say that He would be accountable to us and thus could be held in human condemnation. I showed you that idea is preposterous. Now, instead of admitting that there is no one to whom God could be accountable, you want to jump onto another argument. If you must, go ahead, but understand that your abandoning (and collapsing) your line of argument leaves mine standing.
God is accountable to his creations. Plain and simple. To say otherwise, is to give a pass to a rapist and murderer who makes deformed babies for fun.

A few corrections:

1. God did not blink everything into existence. God and evolution work perfectly fine together.
2. The Book promises that it is not God's intention to condemn the world, but to redeem it--and, sins are forgiven.
3. One God, Father of us all. There is no other.

This is not all knowledge. It is simply the place people can start. Consider the many people who knock out all science to get to God. Consider the many people who knock out God to get to science. Then note the many who study both science and God. Just as no one had to forbid math in school in order for students to learn grammar, no one should have to forbid either evolution or God in school to learn about both. It creates a vacuum, and nature seems to be filling that vacuum with spite and dissension.
That's why I am agnostic, as I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of a god, but am keeping an open mind either way. And that's why I like to come here and debate the subject, to understand why the god element is so important to a lot of people, but I see nothing there except wishful thinking. Like saying that a god can commit mass murder (the Flood) and get away with it scott free. Makes no sense to worship such an evil being, wassup with that? :dunno:

The end result is inevitable. You attempted to show that belief in God is absurd by trying to say that He would be accountable to us and thus could be held in human condemnation. I showed you that idea is preposterous. Now, instead of admitting that there is no one to whom God could be accountable, you want to jump onto another argument. If you must, go ahead, but understand that your abandoning (and collapsing) your line of argument leaves mine standing.
God is accountable to his creations. Plain and simple. To say otherwise, is to give a pass to a rapist and murderer who makes deformed babies for fun.
In what way? How does God's creation hold Him accountable? First you say He's accountable, without identifying anyone or anything, now you're saying He's accountable to His creation, but you won't say how, and you're muttering about murderers and rapists, though they have nothing to do with this. If God can destroy His creation, how does His creation hold Him accountable to anything? You tried to say Trump is accountable to you, but when I showed that he is not in any meaningful way, you don't say anything more about it. Are you incapable of admitting you are wrong?

You're playing word games here that mean nothing. No one and no thing is higher than God. Thus, He can only be accountable to Himself or to someone or something He grants authority to.

Didn't you say something about "EPIC FAIL"? Yet, here we are, completely demolishing your line of argument.

In what way? How does God's creation hold Him accountable? First you say He's accountable, without identifying anyone or anything, now you're saying He's accountable to His creation, but you won't say how, and you're muttering about murderers and rapists, though they have nothing to do with this. If God can destroy His creation, how does His creation hold Him accountable to anything? You tried to say Trump is accountable to you, but when I showed that he is not in any meaningful way, you don't say anything more about it. Are you incapable of admitting you are wrong?

You're playing word games here that mean nothing. No one and no thing is higher than God. Thus, He can only be accountable to Himself or to someone or something He grants authority to.

Didn't you say something about "EPIC FAIL"? Yet, here we are, completely demolishing your line of argument.
Please explain how you know that there is no one higher than god.

And god might not be accountable to you, that's fine, but he sure is accountable to me.

And god might not be accountable to you, that's fine, but he sure is accountable to me.
How are you going to hold Him accountable for anything? If He does something you don't like, how are you going to get Him to take it back?

See, words mean things, and accountability means that the person to whom you are accountable has authority to stop you or get you to change something. What authority do you have to make God do anything?

You've made the statement that God is accountable to you. Fine, now explain why He is and how you direct His actions. You do realize, don't you, that your statement that God is accountable to you completely obliterates your earlier protest that you don't believe He exists at all, right?

Last edited:
That's why I am agnostic, as I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of a god, but am keeping an open mind either way. And that's why I like to come here and debate the subject, to understand why the god element is so important to a lot of people, but I see nothing there except wishful thinking. Like saying that a god can commit mass murder (the Flood) and get away with it scott free. Makes no sense to worship such an evil being, wassup with that? :dunno:

What is up is that ancient man did not write encyclopedia accounts of history, they wrote stories. Second, they had questions of God just like you have. While you are saying, "God, what's up with mass murder?!" they were saying, "God, what is up with all the evil people who surround me? Where is Your justice, where is goodness?!?" Good people have always sought to escape evil.

The story of Noah starts with the statement that mankind was very, very bad. Then, a natural disaster hit, and goodness emerged again. But the story ends with badness already emerging from the even the good family that was saved from the flood. Modern man misses the entire point of the story--which is, given a chance to start anew, people still fail at goodness. The story is not about an evil God. The story is about what happens when goodness is restored on earth. People fail at preserving goodness, yet the Bible tells us many kept trying despite this--and that God is with them.

They were driven out of business and dragged through the courts, but they didn't actually have to bake that cake!"
You can dance, prance, and equivocate all you want... they chose to break the law, and it burned them.But, since they are religious goofs who share your fetishes, you try to paint them as victims.... try to say they were"forced " to do something. Please. You would never take this dumb tack if we were talking about other laws regarding businesses.

How are you going to hold Him accountable for anything? If He does something you don't like, how are you going to get Him to take it back?

See, words mean things, and accountability means that the person to whom you are accountable has authority to stop you or get you to change something. What authority do you have to make God do anything?

You've made the statement that God is accountable to you. Fine, now explain why He is and how you direct His actions. You do realize, don't you, that your statement that God is accountable to you completely obliterates your earlier protest that you don't believe He exists at all, right?
Ok, then let me clear it up for you. YOUR god is accountable to me. And if I don't like what I see, which I don't, then I won't worship your god, which seems to be what it wants the most. And if your god can't even follow its own rules, then it's a massive turd.

What is up is that ancient man did not write encyclopedia accounts of history, they wrote stories. Second, they had questions of God just like you have. While you are saying, "God, what's up with mass murder?!" they were saying, "God, what is up with all the evil people who surround me? Where is Your justice, where is goodness?!?" Good people have always sought to escape evil.

The story of Noah starts with the statement that mankind was very, very bad. Then, a natural disaster hit, and goodness emerged again. But the story ends with badness already emerging from the even the good family that was saved from the flood. Modern man misses the entire point of the story--which is, given a chance to start anew, people still fail at goodness. The story is not about an evil God. The story is about what happens when goodness is restored on earth. People fail at preserving goodness, yet the Bible tells us many kept trying despite this--and that God is with them.
The story IS about an evil god who drowns almost all of humanity, and given the chance to start anew, we are still made in his image, i.e., evil.

The story IS about an evil god who drowns almost all of humanity, and given the chance to start anew, we are still made in his image, i.e., evil.

I understand that the perspective that suits some twenty-first century atheists, who seem to think they need reasons to dismiss belief in God. Atheists need no reason, no excuses and do well with, "I simply don't believe." Being from a family that includes atheists, it bemuses me that some other atheists feel the need to create an evil God to combat the God in which they insist they do not believe.

Reweaving stories from ancient cultures simply creates a new story that reflects modern culture. Ever read a modern story whose setting is the 1920s and 30s? Do that sometime, and then find a story that was actually written in the 1930s which used the setting of then "modern times." (Make sure you read an original edition.)

Ancient Believer: We are all made from the Spirit of God. God is pure goodness, so why is it people behave so badly?

Modern Atheist: No one has the Spirit of God, because there is no God.

People were writing from the perspective that mankind was failing to live up to the goodness and justice of God. Some atheists today are moving the goal post to, "God is evil." This is not only moving a goal post, but the goal post being moved is like moving the football goalpost onto a lacrosse field and then trying to play hockey. People need to stay on the same page (or field) in order to have a meaningful discussion.

Which is it? Do you hold no belief in God? Or do you hold belief in an evil God based on misunderstanding the perspective of ancients?

I understand that the perspective that suits some twenty-first century atheists, who seem to think they need reasons to dismiss belief in God. Atheists need no reason, no excuses and do well with, "I simply don't believe." Being from a family that includes atheists, it bemuses me that some other atheists feel the need to create an evil God to combat the God in which they insist they do not believe.

Reweaving stories from ancient cultures simply creates a new story that reflects modern culture. Ever read a modern story whose setting is the 1920s and 30s? Do that sometime, and then find a story that was actually written in the 1930s which used the setting of then "modern times." (Make sure you read an original edition.)

Ancient Believer: We are all made from the Spirit of God. God is pure goodness, so why is it people behave so badly?

Modern Atheist: No one has the Spirit of God, because there is no God.

People were writing from the perspective that mankind was failing to live up to the goodness and justice of God. Some atheists today are moving the goal post to, "God is evil." This is not only moving a goal post, but the goal post being moved is like moving the football goalpost onto a lacrosse field and then trying to play hockey. People need to stay on the same page (or field) in order to have a meaningful discussion.

Which is it? Do you hold no belief in God? Or do you hold belief in an evil God based on misunderstanding the perspective of ancients?
What goodness and justice of god? He drowned a whole bunch of people on purpose and babies are born deformed regularly. No justice and no goodness.

[
What goodness and justice of god? He drowned a whole bunch of people on purpose and babies are born deformed regularly. No justice and no goodness.

So, in your opinion, deformed babies are unlovable?

All complete bullshit. Public discourse matters, especially when it comes to a th in skinned manbaby like trump. You dont think he watches cables news to "get informed", do you? No...he watches to see what people think about him.

Is He, now? And how are you planning to hold Him accountable? Let me guess, you're going to withhold your inestimable and endlessly valuable worship until such time as He conforms Himself to suit your piddly, limited human perceptions and expectations.

I'm sure He'll put the rest of the universe on hold while He gets right on worrying about that.

Forum List

Back