A great day in the Republican Party.....

+
Most conservatives on USMB believe the South had the legal right to secede,

and to preserve the institution of slavery.

I see that your daily delivery of complete nonsense was especially large today, must have been a sale down at the propaganda bizarre, huh?. :rolleyes:

"There are three types of lies -- lies, damn lies, and statistics." -- Benjamin Disraeli

Well, I found 10 USMB conservatives supporting the right to secede in this thread,
That's nice, unfortunately it doesn't support your premise of "most" nor does it support your premise of "to preserve the institution of slavery".

Of course since you seem to have misplaced the ability to formulate an argument based on reason and evidence, it's no surprise that you regularly rely on distortion and falsehood.

.....now let's move on to your next dose of fabricated bullshit.

:popcorn:

So I'm ahead 10 to 1. Would you like to add yourself to that tally?
I wouldn't qualify since I'm not a conservative.

Secession was for the purpose of preserving slavery.

Apparently you don't wish to take a stand on the legality of the South's secession.

As usual you're being disingenuous, the idea that the sovereign entities known as "The States" retain the right to secession isn't exclusive to the issue of slavery but I wouldn't expect you to be cognizant of the fact that none of the 50 states currently have laws legalizing slavery on their books and thus discussions regarding secession have been completely decoupled from the issue.

So yeah Forrest, people can actually support the right of secession without it having anything to do with the question of slavery, just ask your gub'mint worshiping brethren in California if their efforts in that direction have anything to do with slavery.

You mean "liberals " ended slavery .

How many times do we have to go over the democrat/republican flip in the 60s?
Until you can support it. There should be evidence somewhere of Republicans and Democrats switched parties. Last I looked there were three people.

The 88% of Mississippians who voted for Goldwater in 1964, for starters.
Switching parties ..... try to focus.

now you are asking too much

--LOL

How many times do we have to tell you only three flipped and Jimmy Carter won the south peon?

Until you can support it. There should be evidence somewhere of Republicans and Democrats switched parties. Last I looked there were three people.

Did you not see the election map?

Parties come n go and names change . Red state - blue state is mostly constant .

How many times do we have to tell you only three flipped and Jimmy Carter won the south peon?

Democrats will never stop defending their enslavement of blacks....

It was white people who enslaved the blacks.
Actually there was a long history of blacks enslaving blacks, including blacks in the United States.

You do know one of the first slave owners was a black man?

Oh yeah. It was the blacks running the whole slave show here in the states . It was really the white slave owners who were the victims !

Oh yeah. It was the blacks running the whole slave show here in the states . It was really the white slave owners who were the victims !
That's not what jknowgood posted..... nice attempt at a straw man though.

Slavery has been around for most of recorded human history (and is still around today), of course the clueless seem to believe that it was invented in North America by "white people".

The principle suppliers of African Slaves to the New World were Africans (i.e. blacks capturing blacks and selling them to slavers) and there were 1000's of cases of American Blacks that owned Black slaves prior to the Civil War.

The point of all that being is, that you appear to be clueless with regards to the history of this subject when you post simplistic nonsense like "it was white people that enslaved blacks".

Slavery has been around for most of recorded human history (and is still around today), of course the clueless seem to believe that it was invented in North America by "white people".

The principle suppliers of African Slaves to the New World were Africans (i.e. blacks capturing blacks and selling them to slavers) and there were 1000's of cases of American Blacks that owned Black slaves prior to the Civil War.

The point of all that being is, that you appear to be clueless with regards to the history of this subject when you post simplistic nonsense like "it was white people that enslaved blacks".

No. the point is that you are trying to downplay the history of slavery by moving blame to blacks and Africans .

And this whole thread is a bullshit move to mislead people into thinking the republicans of today would match the republicans of the civil war days . Totally disingenuous.

Parties come n go and names change . Red state - blue state is mostly constant .
So they swapped names? Yes we know one party shrank and the other grew. I said to find the evidence that they switched parties. There would be evidence of Democrats changing to Republicans and visa versa.

So they swapped names? Yes we know one party shrank and the other grew. I said to find the evidence that they switched parties. There would be evidence of Democrats changing to Republicans and visa versa.

Care to address the electoral maps of Lincoln days vs modern days ?

No. the point is that you are trying to downplay the history of slavery by moving blame to blacks and Africans .

And this whole thread is a bullshit move to mislead people into thinking the republicans of today would match the republicans of the civil war days . Totally disingenuous.
....said as you throw claims out you can't support. Republicans tend to want people to be a citizen first and participate in the opportunities that exist so we can all prosper. Same then, same now.

Democrats place everyone in a group above all else. Then and now. Each group is supposed to rely on the good work of the party to survive.

Care to address the electoral maps of Lincoln days vs modern days ?
I'm still waiting for evidence of them changing sides. Who is dominate in an area isn't evidence that one became the other.

Bull shit we are the same today as we were in the 1860s...

democrats are the same to..instead of having blacks in phyiscal chains, you have them in economic chains...

Imagine if Trump set the blacks free again?

Thats what the democrats are scared shitless about.

Didn't say that, but one of the first slave owners in the United States was black. Just think it was black people that sold their own into slavery.

Forum List

Back