🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A great example of how polls do not reflect reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect the NFL ratings to pick up next year when (hopefully) the virus is under control and things are back to normal.

Sports feel kind of weird this year. It just doesn't have the same energy with an empty stadium. They're trying their best, but it still doesn't feel right.

There's also this feeling that they might not even last the entire year. Several professional football players have opted not to play this season. We've also already seen several college football teams hang it up for the year. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL closes down this year as well - it just takes one outbreak for some decisions to be made.

The restaurant/bar sport experience is now non-existent. I used to love going to a bar and watching the game. Restaurants depended on hosting sports events to bring in revenue. The restaurant business is getting hammered right now because they can't host people.

The social experience of watching football together, in general, is not a thing this year. Imagine crowding in the living room around a big screen tv and everyone reaching into a big bowl of chips. Not happening right now.

Declining ratings have a lot more to do with the virus than with kneeling.

Kneeling has been a thing in the NFL since 2016. People have been boycotting ever since. You would be naive to think that THIS year ratings are down because of kneeling. Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the virus.

Last edited:
Polls conducted about the NFL's propaganda, kneeling and rebranding of the opening events during it's games show that most Americans think it is acceptable and a good thing.

YET.....

The ratings are completely tanking. People are tunning out to avoid the nonsense.

Reminds me of polls that make it look like Trump has no path yet......

Maybe ratings are tanking for other reasons.

Like what? If anything, with the amount of people still not working, home viewership should be up--not down. It declined the last two years since this nonsense started and got even stronger. Seems the stronger it gets, the more people boycott.

I know the MSM likes to portray that everybody is against the police, but guess what? Most people support them.

I think there are a lot of reasons, there is insufficient data say this the cause or only cause.

Golf is doing well.... But that might be to a lot of new golfers due to COVID

I expect the NFL ratings to pick up next year when (hopefully) the virus is under control and things are back to normal.

Sports feel kind of weird this year. It just doesn't have the same energy with an empty stadium. They're trying their best, but it still doesn't feel right.

There's also this feeling that they might not even last the entire year. Several professional football players have opted not to play this season. We've also already seen several college football teams hang it up for the year. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL closes down this year as well - it just takes one outbreak for some decisions to be made.

The restaurant/bar sport experience is now non-existent. I used to love going to a bar and watching the game. Restaurants depended on hosting sports events to bring in revenue. The restaurant business is getting hammered right now because they can't host people.

The social experience of watching football together, in general, is not a thing this year. Imagine crowding in the living room around a big screen tv and everyone reaching into a big bowl of chips. Not happening right now.

Kneeling has been a thing in the NFL since 2016. People have been boycotting ever since. You would be naive to think that THIS year ratings are down because of kneeling. Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the virus.

That could be, but it begs the question: If people are not attending bars to watch games, does that mean they are not turning them on at home?

Without a doubt stadium attendance has to do with Covid, but not home viewership. As I stated earlier, they lost 30% viewership since last year, and those past years also had declining viewership as well, just not by that much.

I think the best thing for sports or any entertainment industry to do is get out of politics. Sure, you can have your politics, just don't bring it to the baseball field, the basketball courts, the concert stage. I think Laura Ingraham's book title says it all: Shut up and sing.

Polls conducted about the NFL's propaganda, kneeling and rebranding of the opening events during it's games show that most Americans think it is acceptable and a good thing.

YET.....

The ratings are completely tanking. People are tunning out to avoid the nonsense.

Like what? If anything, with the amount of people still not working, home viewership should be up--not down. It declined the last two years since this nonsense started and got even stronger. Seems the stronger it gets, the more people boycott.

I know the MSM likes to portray that everybody is against the police, but guess what? Most people support them.

I think there are a lot of reasons, there is insufficient data say this the cause or only cause.

Golf is doing well.... But that might be to a lot of new golfers due to COVID

I don't watch golf. Can you tell me their political stance on the golf course?

That could be, but it begs the question: If people are not attending bars to watch games, does that mean they are not turning them on at home?

Without a doubt stadium attendance has to do with Covid, but not home viewership. As I stated earlier, they lost 30% viewership since last year, and those past years also had declining viewership as well, just not by that much.

I think the best thing for sports or any entertainment industry to do is get out of politics. Sure, you can have your politics, just don't bring it to the baseball field, the basketball courts, the concert stage. I think Laura Ingraham's book title says it all: Shut up and sing.

Personally, I'm not watching much at home much anymore for a few reasons:

(1) It just doesn't have the same energy. Home-field advantage isn't a thing right now. And I don't even know if they're going to make through the whole season.

(2) I can't be around friends and family for it. So it's less appealing.

It'll be back up next year. You can count on that.

YET.....

No.
...maybe...or...not

According to this survey, those who oppose kneeling in protest are opting out for that reason...but those who support it are also opting out in solidarity. Kind of damns the NFL either way.

But the survey also notes player health as a concern. Ratings have been declining for several years, and football has taken a big hit because of its unwillingness to address serious and chronic head injuries.

According to this, ratings are down across multiple sports:

YET.....

It might shock you but most people support the police AND reform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back