A little perspective on 2014 Senate

USMB nutters have been very disappointed, it seems, by the lack of emotion being displayed by libs here.

They had built up such hopes that we'd be devastated by losing the senate. In their "minds eye", they imagined that we'd all be ready to commit suicide.

Talk about unmet expectations. Given that we all expected this result for months.....no wild displays of emotion.

So...they make it up. Any comment on this election or on what it means is seen by these freaks as a desperate cry of sadness.
I noticed that. Rather amusing actually, but then again they are slaves to their emotions, obviously.

Joey boy, if you keep up those great wars, on women, gays and blacks, that will help you boys win big in 2016, look how well that war has done for you in 2014. Keep it up Joey boy, you guys are on to something.

Guy, your candidates won in states that never should have been a contest for them to start with.

When the whole country gets to vote again, it will be a different story because you all haven't addressed your problems with women and minorities.

Watching all the insane crowing about an off year election, you have to consider the following.

President Obama got 69 Million votes in 2008 and 66 million in 2012. These are STILL the two highest vote totals ever achieved by ANYONE in the history of the United states.

So how many votes were expended to send knuckle-draggers to the Senate in nine states?

NCTillis1,413,269
COGarner965,496
LACassidy602,439
IAErnst586,921
ARCotton476,309
WVCapito280,123
MTDaines210,863
SDRounds140,721
AKSullivan110,203
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Grand total of all the seats that flipped?

Yup. less than 8% of what Obama got in 2012.
on the flip side democrat supporters could not stomach voting for either republican or democrat. Hows that moron?

Do you like being a republican bitch? Lol..stupid post. Wow..

I used to like being a Republican, until I realized they only gave a fuck about rich people.

Boenher is already backing off his pledges to dismantle ObamaCare.
Of course he is. He doesn't have the option. He'll throw the meat out there for the morons who voted for them of course, they still believe it can be done.

Ahh, so that's what its all about. Is this how you sugarcoat an ass whoopin'?

What ass-whupping, Runs-With-Scissors?

Frankly, your guys did LESS well in these states than Romney did in 2012. Let's look at those numbers again, compared to the votes that Romney got in these states in 2012. (He won all of them except CO and IA).

StateCandiateTotal2012 Romney
NCTillis1,413,2692,275,853
COGarner965,4961,125,391
LACassidy602,4391,152,460
IAErnst586,921727,928
ARCotton476,309644,784
WVCapito280,123412,406
MTDaines210,863264,974
SDRounds140,721210,541
AKSulivan110,203136,848
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So these guys all got LESS votes than Romney did in 2012, just mostly the same people who voted for him did so in lesser numbers.

And it will be interesting to see what the numbers are in the LA runoff. My guess is that Cassidy will get more votes than Landrieu in the runoff (He didn't in the preliminary) but he won't get anywhere near what Romney got.

on the flip side democrat supporters could not stomach voting for either republican or democrat. Hows that moron?

Or that a lot of the people who voted for Romney didn't show up this time, either.

It's a fundemental flaw of Midterms, that we have this national election every four years, but every two years we have these local elections in backwater states that are given more precedence than they deserve.

Seriously, we'd be better off just electing both houses of Congress every four years and being done with it.

You were nuked into another galaxy in the mid terms.

No, honey, what we had was another mid-term which doesn't reflect what the people are thinking because most of us don't participate in them.

The main reason why our democracy is so skewed is that in this election, there were only about 12 states in play in the Senate, maybe 20 house seats.

I mean, yeah, I voted. But Duckworth and Durbin (my Congresswoman and Senator) didn't even have serious challengers this time. And for most of the country, this was the case.

So if your argument is that this was a 'national referendum' doesn't hold logic.

The perspective is you guys lost.

I'm not a Democrat. Everyone I voted for - some democrats, some republicans - won.

The question is should Obama who won the Presidency with the most votes anyone has ever gotten quake in his boots because a few backwater states elected Republican Senators.

And the answer is, nope, not really. Not with a republican party and Congress that is seen unfavorably by a majority of the country.

I'm not a Democrat. Everyone I voted for - some democrats, some republicans - won.

The question is should Obama who won the Presidency with the most votes anyone has ever gotten quake in his boots because a few backwater states elected Republican Senators.

And the answer is, nope, not really. Not with a republican party and Congress that is seen unfavorably by a majority of the country.

No need to whine and moan, little Joe.

The Rs and Ds are very much alike. So...your beloved welfare warfare corporatist police state will continue unaffected.

Nothing will change just as nothing much changed from W to Big Ears...but due to your partisan blindness you can't or won't see the truth.

The Rs and Ds are very much alike. So...your beloved welfare warfare corporatist police state will continue unaffected.

Nothing will change just as nothing much changed from W to Big Ears...but due to your partisan blindness you can't or won't see the truth.
A cynic, who's more right than wrong, but who also throws his vote away.

Watching all the insane crowing about an off year election, you have to consider the following.

President Obama got 69 Million votes in 2008 and 66 million in 2012. These are STILL the two highest vote totals ever achieved by ANYONE in the history of the United states.

So how many votes were expended to send knuckle-draggers to the Senate in nine states?

NCTillis1,413,269
COGarner965,496
LACassidy602,439
IAErnst586,921
ARCotton476,309
WVCapito280,123
MTDaines210,863
SDRounds140,721
AKSullivan110,203
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Grand total of all the seats that flipped?

Yup. less than 8% of what Obama got in 2012.

Translation:

Wahhhhhhhhhh
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
wahhhhhhhhhhhh
wahhh
Der Wahr on Wimmenz
Wahhhhhhhhhh
wahhhhhhhhhhh
Pubbes Hatez da Negrowz!!
wahhhhhhhhh
derp derp Derp DerpA DERPA

A cynic, who's more right than wrong, but who also throws his vote away.

^ Reactionary

What the hardline conservatives haven't woken up to is that the fact that this election won't do much of anything to advance their agenda;

all it does is does is slow the inevitable advance of progress for a bit.

Translation:

We didn't LOSE The Republicans just won by a small margin

so chin up you sheep in the Democrat party. It really really wasn't your all's fault the, DEMOCRATS GOT their asses handed to them

Did I get that translation right Joey? lol

I'm a libertarian you moron.

Sure you are. Libertarian, Independent, what ever you say. Say what ever you need to keep your self respect. I believe you, but how do you explain your ballot always exactly matching every other crazy teabagger?

And just how do you know who I voted for?

It doesn't take a genius to read your silly posts and figure out which party you supported. Are you dumb enough to not realize that?

You're dumb enough to think I'm a Republican, or a Tea Partier.

I've read a lot of your posts. I don't see much difference between what you say and what all the other teabaggers say. Why don't you point out the difference so I will be able to tell.

He isn't a duck. He just walks and quacks like one.

Forum List

Back