A Perspective on Shootings That Liberals Won't Discuss

You get black market gun dealers to agree to background checks then we can talk.

Black market gun supply will diminish if gun manufacturers stopped making guns and if bullets became expensive through government taxes and if we treated gun trafficking like drug trafficking. Mandatory 10 year sentence for anyone carrying guns unless a very very special permit is obtained and approved for you. That's how I'd like to see America become.

Its not because I am a control freak. It's because I am a safety-freak.

Are you so ignorant not to know most firearms are made in other countries, as is most ammo. There are US manufactures but their the minority. Gun trafficking prosecutions are way down in the current administration, I wonder why?

You say you're a safety freak, why do you feel unsafe, has someone threatened you with a firearm or you just have a irrational fear of law abiding people?

I do not fear one bit unsafe or in danger in most places I go to. My fear of safety is not for myself alone. In case you've not been reading my posts, I worry about safety of our citizens including my family and friends but also the Newtown kids who died in CT 3 years ago.

Other countries can manufacture all the weapons and ammos they want. If we imposed restrictions on imports, then how will they get the weapons and ammo in here? We regulate alcohol, cigarettes, drugs. And we have many prohibitions on goods and services including prostitution. It doesn't mean it's 100% fool proof. It means we control it, prevent it and try to keep a lid on it as best as we can but it doesn't prevent a spill just because you cover it with a lid.

Tell me, who respects those regulations?

With proper set of laws and enough deterrence such and enforcement and punishment, everyone will respect the laws and reduce gun proliferation.

Easy really to understand this: I respect speeding laws, not because I don't like to speed. It's because I don't like to get tickets. I know I can drive safely up to 120MPH. I know I may be foolish to think that but tha't s bnesides the point. For me the deterrence is the punishment, not safety.

Same for gun owners. They will stop buying guns if we fined them for having guns.

It's worked so well with the drug trade...

Black market gun supply will diminish if gun manufacturers stopped making guns and if bullets became expensive through government taxes and if we treated gun trafficking like drug trafficking. Mandatory 10 year sentence for anyone carrying guns unless a very very special permit is obtained and approved for you. That's how I'd like to see America become.

Are you so ignorant not to know most firearms are made in other countries, as is most ammo. There are US manufactures but their the minority. Gun trafficking prosecutions are way down in the current administration, I wonder why?

You say you're a safety freak, why do you feel unsafe, has someone threatened you with a firearm or you just have a irrational fear of law abiding people?

I do not fear one bit unsafe or in danger in most places I go to. My fear of safety is not for myself alone. In case you've not been reading my posts, I worry about safety of our citizens including my family and friends but also the Newtown kids who died in CT 3 years ago.

Other countries can manufacture all the weapons and ammos they want. If we imposed restrictions on imports, then how will they get the weapons and ammo in here? We regulate alcohol, cigarettes, drugs. And we have many prohibitions on goods and services including prostitution. It doesn't mean it's 100% fool proof. It means we control it, prevent it and try to keep a lid on it as best as we can but it doesn't prevent a spill just because you cover it with a lid.

With proper set of laws and enough deterrence such and enforcement and punishment, everyone will respect the laws and reduce gun proliferation.

Easy really to understand this: I respect speeding laws, not because I don't like to speed. It's because I don't like to get tickets. I know I can drive safely up to 120MPH. I know I may be foolish to think that but tha't s bnesides the point. For me the deterrence is the punishment, not safety.

Same for gun owners. They will stop buying guns if we fined them for having guns.

Again: Speed limit laws are not meant to prevent ALL speeding. And traffic lights don't prevent ALL accidents that typically happen at the intersections either.

Would you like to see speed limits and traffic lights taken off our roads and highways?

You are welcome.

You get black market gun dealers to agree to background checks then we can talk.

Funny, that's what they said about the last 20 gun laws, that's what Chicago and DC said when they banned handguns, how'd that work out?

Why would you fine someone for owning a legal product?

Again: Speed limit laws are not meant to prevent ALL speeding. And traffic lights don't prevent ALL accidents that typically happen at the intersections either.

Would you like to see speed limits and traffic lights taken off our roads and highways?

You are welcome.

Your analogy is flawed. Speed limit laws are analogous to murder laws. You have to break them before you chastised.

Gun control laws, you are presumed guilty.

I mean, look at how you talk about gun owners.

You convict them of speeding just for owning a car.

Funny, that's what they said about the last 20 gun laws, that's what Chicago and DC said when they banned handguns, how'd that work out?

Well, too bad, but the fact is that there are many other laws that need to be enforced. If we turn off gun manufacturing and bullet manufacturing then this could stop. There's no will to enforce gun laws or whatever deterrence that works. Banning guns in a small city was never a fool proof soltion. It's like banning unsafe sex in one city but making it legal in the faraway suburbs, No that's not how you control infection. You have to enforce 100% condom usage policy to prevent STDs. Same idea applies here.

"Gun control" has nothing to do with Liberals. See if you can aim juuuuust slightly higher than Allen Fucking West for a clue.

Sheeeesh.

The article was not written by West, not that it matters. He's still better than half the lunatics in the liberal media. Why don't you learn how to read. Sheeeesh.

I think liberals are all about gun control, or maybe banning guns is more accurate. It's always the liberals crying about the 2nd amendment.
I always have control of my gun......

You are welcome.

Your analogy is flawed. Speed limit laws are analogous to murder laws. You have to break them before you chastised.

Nope, gun laws are like drug laws, Prevention is the key. All laws, I repeat ALL LAWS, work on the premise that you have to break them befire being punished. Otherwise anyone would walk into your house and arrest you under the presumption you might break some laws.

I do not convict all gun owners at all just as I don't convict all speeding drivers. All I am saying is it's time to curb this bullshit about guns and second amendment. Other people in other countries live just fine without murder weapons on them.

Somehow every gun owner American thinks he's going to be the next Clint Eastwood and Arnold Schwarzenegger. I see them as potentially the 11PM newsmaker leading story headliner, with their bodies wrapped in a blood soaked white sheet because they got into a gun fight and got hit in the head with a bullet at point blank range.

Well, too bad, but the fact is that there are many other laws that need to be enforced. If we turn off gun manufacturing and bullet manufacturing then this could stop. There's no will to enforce gun laws or whatever deterrence that works. Banning guns in a small city was never a fool proof soltion. It's like banning unsafe sex in one city but making it legal in the faraway suburbs, No that's not how you control infection. You have to enforce 100% condom usage policy to prevent STDs. Same idea applies here.

You really are a fucking idiot, quit playing word games and speak to the issue or STFU. The fact is there is no way to prevent criminals from getting guns any more than teens can be kept away form alcohol, cigarettes or drugs. So you want to fuck with the people who respect the law.

BTW why don't you answer my questions, you just keep flapping those gums with nothing to contribute.

You really are a fucking idiot, quit playing word games and speak to the issue or STFU. The fact is there is no way to prevent criminals from getting guns any more than teens can be kept away form alcohol, cigarettes or drugs. So you want to fuck with the people who respect the law.

BTW why don't you answer my questions, you just keep flapping those gums with nothing to contribute.

First of all, I don't give a fuck about your questions and I am not obligated to answer you one bit. But since you decided to act like an asshole, I will tell you this: There are many other countries in this world who enforce gun bans. England, Australia, Japan, Canada to name a few. Too bad fucking morons like yourself never know the facts before they shoot off their ugly mouths.

You must be a real fucking idiot to think that criminals can manufacture their own weapons. How will criminals get weapons once manufacturing stops? If that's the case, why don't we stop all manufacturing of toilet paper and see if you can make some in your home, you fucking idiot. Wanna try that? Fucking moron.

"Gun control" has nothing to do with Liberals. See if you can aim juuuuust slightly higher than Allen Fucking West for a clue.

Sheeeesh.

The article was not written by West, not that it matters. He's still better than half the lunatics in the liberal media. Why don't you learn how to read. Sheeeesh.

I think liberals are all about gun control, or maybe banning guns is more accurate. It's always the liberals crying about the 2nd amendment.

Haa, this is not about you. Sorry but everyone thinks they will come out on top in a gun battle. That's your problem. You think only you have guns and criminals don't. If guns made us safe, then Taliban and ISIS areas would be the safest in the world.

You are welcome.

Nope, gun laws are like drug laws, Prevention is the key. All laws, I repeat ALL LAWS, work on the premise that you have to break them befire being punished. Otherwise anyone would walk into your house and arrest you under the presumption you might break some laws.

I do not convict all gun owners at all just as I don't convict all speeding drivers. All I am saying is it's time to curb this bullshit about guns and second amendment. Other people in other countries live just fine without murder weapons on them.

Somehow every gun owner American thinks he's going to be the next Clint Eastwood and Arnold Schwarzenegger. I see them as potentially the 11PM newsmaker leading story headliner, with their bodies wrapped in a blood soaked white sheet because they got into a gun fight and got hit in the head with a bullet at point blank range.

You really are a goddamned fool if you believe that last paragraph, anyone with a carry permit, like myself, thinks of a firearm as an option of last resort, not the first. There are also a butt load of defensive uses of a gun where it is never fired, the bad guy just knowing a potential victim has one sends him in the other direction. Your theories are really flawed, I suggest you go and get some training, I highly recommend Front Sight in AZ.

You are welcome.

You really are a goddamned fool if you believe that last paragraph, anyone with a carry permit, like myself, thinks of a firearm as an option of last resort, not the first. There are also a butt load of defensive uses of a gun where it is never fired, the bad guy just knowing a potential victim has one sends him in the other direction. Your theories are really flawed, I suggest you go and get some training, I highly recommend Front Sight in AZ.

Jesus FK! You always think about YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU and YOU!

You may be well trained. But we are not talking about YOU here. There are millions of other gun nut morons here who use guns to kill people. Some use guns recklessly. So please stop proselytizing to me about gun ownership and training.

I don't give a FK how well trained you are. All I am saying is that there's a problem with guns in America. It doesn't matter how much training you've received in the past. What matters is how do we look at the problem comprehensively and solve this crisis? That's where legislation, enforcement and punihsment comes into place.

First of all, I don't give a fuck about your questions and I am not obligated to answer you one bit. But since you decided to act like an asshole, I will tell you this: There are many other countries in this world who enforce gun bans. England, Australia, Japan, Canada to name a few. Too bad fucking morons like yourself never know the facts before they shoot off their ugly mouths.

You must be a real fucking idiot to think that criminals can manufacture their own weapons. How will criminals get weapons once manufacturing stops? If that's the case, why don't we stop all manufacturing of toilet paper and see if you can make some in your home, you fucking idiot. Wanna try that? Fucking moron.

How are the gangs getting automatic weapons now dumbass, they smuggle them in, if we stop manufacturing here, that won't change. BTW none of the countries you mentioned have zero gun crimes, why, criminals smuggle them in. The difference is the population is defenseless.

How are the gangs getting automatic weapons now dumbass, they smuggle them in, if we stop manufacturing here, that won't change. BTW none of the countries you mentioned have zero gun crimes, why, criminals smuggle them in. The difference is the population is defenseless.

I never said we can prevent 100% of the crimes. I ve looked at stats and I know that it's much less in countries with gun laws.

I am saying that we've had enough of gun nut morons in America. I don't want anyone else to ddie of gun violence if I can help it

You are welcome.

Jesus FK! You always think about YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU and YOU!

You may be well trained. But we are not talking about YOU here. There are millions of other gun nut morons here who use guns to kill people. Some use guns recklessly. So please stop proselytizing to me about gun ownership and training.

I don't give a FK how well trained you are. All I am saying is that there's a problem with guns in America. It doesn't matter how much training you've received in the past. What matters is how do we look at the problem comprehensively and solve this crisis? That's where legislation, enforcement and punihsment comes into place.

No, the problem is you're ignorant and live in a fantasy world.

Last edited:

You are welcome.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Your perception is not based in reality.

I'm a gun owner, a CCW permit holder and a veteran, and I've said repeatedly (on this forum and IRL) that if I die without ever pointing a gun at another human being with the intention of using it for harm, I die a happy man.

I also don't know too many folks who are eager to get into a gun battle. A fella can get killed that way.

Gun owners I know consider guns as the self defense weapon of last resort, where it's not a choice, but a situation forced upon them by the choices of another.

Believe me, I don't go looking for trouble. In fact, it's just the opposite. When I carry my firearm, I don't flip the guy off that cut me off in traffic. Why? Because in my minds eye I can see a situation where that action could put me in a confrontation that could end terribly...why risk it? The guy isn't going to learn anything by it anyway.

And that's a real example of a line of reasoning from an actual incident...a real mental conversation where discretion was the better part of gun ownership and CCW. I think the guy blew his horn at me because he was in a hurry and I wasn't going down the on-ramp fast enough.

But I digress. You have watched too many movies, or listened to too many internet Rambo stories. The overwhelming majority as gun owners are normal folks with normal jobs who read and see and hear about random violent events and only want to prepare themselves to protect their loved ones as best they can.

Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

Hope this isn't a tl;dr post.

You are welcome.

I'm a gun owner, a CCW permit holder and a veteran, and I've said repeatedly (on this forum and IRL) that if I die without ever pointing a gun at another human being with the intention of using it for harm, I die a happy man.

I also don't know too many folks who are eager to get into a gun battle. A fella can get killed that way.

Gun owners I know consider guns as the self defense weapon of last resort, where it's not a choice, but a situation forced upon them by the choices of another.

Believe me, I don't go looking for trouble. In fact, it's just the opposite. When I carry my firearm, I don't flip the guy off that cut me off in traffic. Why? Because in my minds eye I can see a situation where that action could put me in a confrontation that could end terribly...why risk it? The guy isn't going to learn anything by it anyway.

And that's a real example of a line of reasoning from an actual incident...a real mental conversation where discretion was the better part of gun ownership and CCW. I think the guy blew his horn at me because he was in a hurry and I wasn't going down the on-ramp fast enough.

But I digress. You have watched too many movies, or listened to too many internet Rambo stories. The overwhelming majority as gun owners are normal folks with normal jobs who read and see and hear about random violent and only want to protect their loved ones as best they can.

Believe me I understand y our POV. I am not unreasonable when it comes to gun owners' sentiments.

I just feel that this issue is not about well trained gun owners. This issue involves the criminals, the other people who use guns to murder people.

Sorry but I know for a fact that there are many countries who forbid guns and have much lower murder rates. Just as we have speeding laws doesn't mean we prevent 100% of speeding. It only means we reduce auto accidents substantially by having such laws.

I get your point about having a gun as a responsible citiszen. But having accepted that, I also know that we need to face the reality of 11,000 murders each year or roughly about 30 gun murders each day.

I never said we can prevent 100% of the crimes. I ve looked at stats and I know that it's much less in countries with gun laws.

I am saying that we've had enough of gun nut morons in America. I don't want anyone else to ddie of gun violence if I can help it

What you don't seem to get is a criminal will use what ever is handy, I was approached by two thugs with a butcher knife in Grenada, guns are banned there, so they found an alternative, had been robbing tourist on the beach. All I had to do is tell them I was US Army and they turned tail, cops had them within a half hour. The fact is criminals kill in those countries just as ofter as they ever have, the fact that they didn't use a gun is irrelevant to the dead.

You are welcome.

But I digress. You have watched too many movies, or listened to too many internet Rambo stories. The overwhelming majority as gun owners are normal folks with normal jobs who read and see and hear about random violent and only want to protect their loved ones as best they can.

Believe me I understand y our POV. I am not unreasonable when it comes to gun owners' sentiments.

I just feel that this issue is not about well trained gun owners. This issue involves the criminals, the other people who use guns to murder people.

Sorry but I know for a fact that there are many countries who forbid guns and have much lower murder rates. Just as we have speeding laws doesn't mean we prevent 100% of speeding. It only means we reduce auto accidents substantially by having such laws.

I get your point about having a gun as a responsible citiszen. But having accepted that, I also know that we need to face the reality of 11,000 murders each year or roughly about 30 gun murders each day.

And as gun ownership and the population grows, those numbers are going down, go figure.

Sheeeesh.

Haa, this is not about you. Sorry but everyone thinks they will come out on top in a gun battle. That's your problem. You think only you have guns and criminals don't. If guns made us safe, then Taliban and ISIS areas would be the safest in the world.
I was talking about my penis...Not my weapon...or a firearm, have you never been in the military? They don't call them guns either...

Forum List

Back