A Prediction. The Dems will romp in the next election.

bullshit ...

and the Mexicans wouldn't cut holes in a full fence and help themselves to American soil?

enforce the damn laws on the books TO THE LETTER OR stfu about immigration LAWS ... PERIOD!
I favour a machine gun every 300 yards, until this shit stops.

I'd also like to see workers get to go through a gate, get photo ID, finger printed, and iris scanned.

If things got better, I'd forgo the microchipping for now.
What do you suppose it would cost to man a machine gun every 300 yards? By my reckoning that's nearly 12,000 machine guns, not to mention the supply, transportation etc.

I honestly can't think of a better use of our military. These "wars" we keep fighting are worthless endeavors that cost us blood and treasure.

Maybe its time we took care of us first.

Mark
Thats not an answer to my question.

OK. What do I think it would cost? Billions less than we spend every year supporting the illegals that are here. Do you think thats a fair trade off?

Mark
The cost of illegal immigration is not easily determined. Plenty of sources say we actually come out better. So we would be spending trillions, because we already spend billions, on something that will bring no real benefit.

I favour a machine gun every 300 yards, until this shit stops.

I'd also like to see workers get to go through a gate, get photo ID, finger printed, and iris scanned.

If things got better, I'd forgo the microchipping for now.
What do you suppose it would cost to man a machine gun every 300 yards? By my reckoning that's nearly 12,000 machine guns, not to mention the supply, transportation etc.

I honestly can't think of a better use of our military. These "wars" we keep fighting are worthless endeavors that cost us blood and treasure.

Mark

OK. What do I think it would cost? Billions less than we spend every year supporting the illegals that are here. Do you think thats a fair trade off?

Mark
The cost of illegal immigration is not easily determined. Plenty of sources say we actually come out better. So we would be spending trillions, because we already spend billions, on something that will bring no real benefit.

Studies huh? You're right. Some studies say that illegals are a net gain to the economy. When I hear differing opinions on a problem, I stand back, open my eyes, and let reality sink in.

Know what reality tells me? That if our own poor are a net drag on society, the illegal poor will be as well. Until someone can point out to me how having more uneducated, poor folks in our country is a help, I will continue to let reality be my guide.

Mark

The GOP doesnt have to do anything on immigration. They probably will. And with any luck they will dodge the two extremes. Those would be the "Build a bigger fence and deport all illegals" on one side and "let everyone in and sign them up for welfare at the door" on the other.
I say let them in and let them work, no welfare for them, no welfare for any American that refuses a job an immigrant applies for.

If we can track every Americans entire medical life through PP/ACA, we can keep track of who wants to work, and who wants to starve.
OK so you're basically in favor of documenting every American as well. Because you can't really distinguish an illegal immigrant from a legal American any other way.

We can't? All Americans have birth certificates. All immigrants should have papers that refer to a paper trail to the government process they went thru to get here.

Mark
That isnt what he proposed and you know it.

I was answering you, not him.

Mark
Not an answer.

Mark

Mark

Studies huh? You're right. Some studies say that illegals are a net gain to the economy. When I hear differing opinions on a problem, I stand back, open my eyes, and let reality sink in.

Know what reality tells me? That if our own poor are a net drag on society, the illegal poor will be as well. Until someone can point out to me how having more uneducated, poor folks in our country is a help, I will continue to let reality be my guide.

Mark
You missed the fact that most illegals are working jobs and earning money.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Prove that "our own poor" are a "net drag" on the economy.

As the GOP takes control of both Houses, we have a president that is forcing them to get immigration reform done or he will take unilateral action.

My prediction is that the GOP controlled Congress will send Obama a bill he will sign, that will include some kind of path to citizenship for those illegals already here.

In conservative circles, immigration is a hot button issue. If passed a good many people will either break away from the GOP and form a new party to combat the "Democratic Lite" GOP party, or they will refuse to vote for them in 2016. With this type of split, the Dems are virtually guaranteed to win almost every race.

My hope is that the GOP see's this issue as being absolutely crucial to their hold on power, and they don't do what I think they are going to.

Mark

I'll take your bet. The GOP will never pass such a bill because the vast majority of Americans won't stand for it unless the border is secured first, and Obama will never sign a bill the truly secures the border.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Prove that "our own poor" are a "net drag" on the economy.
Our own poor are likely to be elderly and/or disabled. Immigrants tend to be younger and healthier than people at the low end of the scale in this country.

As the GOP takes control of both Houses, we have a president that is forcing them to get immigration reform done or he will take unilateral action.

My prediction is that the GOP controlled Congress will send Obama a bill he will sign, that will include some kind of path to citizenship for those illegals already here.

In conservative circles, immigration is a hot button issue. If passed a good many people will either break away from the GOP and form a new party to combat the "Democratic Lite" GOP party, or they will refuse to vote for them in 2016. With this type of split, the Dems are virtually guaranteed to win almost every race.

My hope is that the GOP see's this issue as being absolutely crucial to their hold on power, and they don't do what I think they are going to.

Mark

I'll take your bet. The GOP will never pass such a bill because the vast majority of Americans won't stand for it unless the border is secured first, and Obama will never sign a bill the truly secures the border.
Then it wont happen. You cannot "secure' 2000 miles of border mostly in remote areas.

The Republicans should have built a full-assed fence when they had the chance.

bullshit ...

and the Mexicans wouldn't cut holes in a full fence and help themselves to American soil?

enforce the damn laws on the books TO THE LETTER OR stfu about immigration LAWS ... PERIOD!

Why do you assume there won't be anyone guarding the fence? Why do liberals assume that everyone is so stupid they can't be trusted with simple tasks?

Yeah, fences that aren't guarded provide no real obstacle. Have you ever heard of a security fence that isn't guarded? Have you ever heard of a secure installation that doesn't include a fence?

Mark

LMAO that clown in the White House won't force the GOP to do anything. I still remember how the left was telling us if we didn't give illegals amnesty how we would never win another election, then we kicked the shit out of them. :Boom2:

Aww, how nice. that Fascist Dictator Obama is FORCING them to get immigration REFORM done. You see folks Obama hasn't learned a gawddam thing with you kicking his party out of the house first and now the Senate. And as if we needed it Reformed just because he says to needs to be. which will turn out like how he REFORMED our heath care

garbage, expensive, Fascism, etc and then Hopefully the people will ROMP out the Democrats from the Presidency and from ALL power over us, NEXT.

so you don't want anything done about immigration , you just wanted to call the POTUS a few talking point names. .. got it.

if the Republicans really wanted to pass immigration legislation they had THE OPPORTUNITY when 43 was the POTUS and the Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress (remember that - lol)

but nooooooooooooo ... what did the idiots do?????? oh yeah, they built a half ass fence that wound up costing taxpayers a billion bucks. At cost like that I can't see this country affording any more Republican immigration legislation myself.

We can't afford a simple fence, but we can afford to spend tens of billions every year for education and medical care for illegals?

This is the kind of "logic" that has made liberals famous.

Mark

Then it wont happen. You cannot "secure' 2000 miles of border mostly in remote areas.

Sure you can. It's really not that hard. The Israelis built a wall around the entire West Bank that is quite effective. It cut the number of suicide bombers to virtually zero.

Aww, how nice. that Fascist Dictator Obama is FORCING them to get immigration REFORM done. You see folks Obama hasn't learned a gawddam thing with you kicking his party out of the house first and now the Senate. And as if we needed it Reformed just because he says to needs to be. which will turn out like how he REFORMED our heath care

garbage, expensive, Fascism, etc and then Hopefully the people will ROMP out the Democrats from the Presidency and from ALL power over us, NEXT.

so you don't want anything done about immigration , you just wanted to call the POTUS a few talking point names. .. got it.

if the Republicans really wanted to pass immigration legislation they had THE OPPORTUNITY when 43 was the POTUS and the Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress (remember that - lol)

but nooooooooooooo ... what did the idiots do?????? oh yeah, they built a half ass fence that wound up costing taxpayers a billion bucks. At cost like that I can't see this country affording any more Republican immigration legislation myself.

We can't afford a simple fence, but we can afford to spend tens of billions every year for education and medical care for illegals?

This is the kind of "logic" that has made liberals famous.

KABOOM! ^^^ nailed it!

I say complete the fence, spend another 1.2 billion or whatever it takes t finish the fence. That will stop the 10-15 holes illegals cut in the fence EVERY night on the El Paso border ... FENCE COMPLETE ..end of problem.

Idiots.

The Republicans should have built a full-assed fence when they had the chance.

I'll bet they can get Mephesto to build them a four-assed one.

4assed_monkey.gif

UTI0623702_r620x413.jpg

complete the fence Mexicans are too stupid to dig .. better fill up that hole first ...

I say complete the fence, spend another 1.2 billion or whatever it takes t finish the fence. That will stop the 10-15 holes illegals cut in the fence EVERY night on the El Paso border ... FENCE COMPLETE ..end of problem.

Idiots.

They won't be cutting any holes in it if it's electrified and it has a guard tower every 440 years. Immigration across the border will drop to virtually zero.

Mark

Sure you can. It's really not that hard. The Israelis built a wall around the entire West Bank that is quite effective. It cut the number of suicide bombers to virtually zero.
You cannot compare the Israeli wall, which was like 500 miles and mostly near inhabited places, to a 2000 mile border mostly in the middle of nowhere. Additionally the Palis tunneled under the wall in many places. Just as the illegals do already here.
The border between Egypt and Gaza is much shorter and they cant control it. The border between China and North Korea is shorter, and the Chinese have no qiualms about shooting people, and they still have an illegal immigration problem.

Idiots.

They won't be cutting any holes in it if it's electrified and it has a guard tower every 440 years. Immigration across the border will drop to virtually zero.
That invokes Sowell's fallacy of unlimited resources. Sure, if we threw trillions of dollars we might be able to stop people crossing. But what do we get for that money?

Forum List

Back