A Proposal:Why Can't The President Pay For White House Tours? Isn't He A Millionaire?

You know, statements like this simply don't make any sense.

Why should the President pay for White House Tours from his own pocket?

BECAUSE HE has no problem flying AF1 40 hours in back and forth to Hawaii at a cost of $7 million!

AND If I hear you idiots say "well it was a working vacation"!!!!

THANK YOU!

You mean agreeing with you that the admin is pulling a stunt??:lol: Now calm down and put your little wagging Clinton finger away.:D

No. Anyone with a basic level of intelligence can see that it's a stunt.

Your mistake is thinking that people are going to care that it's a stunt.

No wonder you're such an Obama fan...you hold such a low opinion of the common people.:eusa_whistle:

The fact that you think that I'm an Obama fan is hilarious to me.

And as far as I can see, you're the one with the "low opinion of the common people" - I'm saying that the average American knows better than to fall for back-and-forth partisan nonsense, whereas you're the one thinking they'll all be swayed to your side by cheap stunts.

You know, statements like this simply don't make any sense.

Why should the President pay for White House Tours from his own pocket?

BECAUSE HE has no problem flying AF1 40 hours in back and forth to Hawaii at a cost of $7 million!

AND If I hear you idiots say "well it was a working vacation"!!!!

THANK YOU!

Why do you think this is making a point?

The President can't travel any other way than AF1. He has no choice in the matter.

Nor should he be prevented from taking a vacation because you think it costs too much.

Nor does the cost of AF1 have anything at all to do with tours of the WH.

No. Anyone with a basic level of intelligence can see that it's a stunt.

Your mistake is thinking that people are going to care that it's a stunt.

No wonder you're such an Obama fan...you hold such a low opinion of the common people.:eusa_whistle:

And as far as I can see, you're the one with the "low opinion of the common people" - I'm saying that the average American knows better than to fall for back-and-forth partisan nonsense, whereas you're the one thinking they'll all be swayed to your side by cheap stunts.

Suuuuure ya do.:lol:

You should get new glasses, because yeah, people do eventually take notice when the bullshit gets so deep. Both sides are playing games, but Obama comes out looking worse because he's supposed to be the grown up in the room.

White House tours cost $74,000 a week for Secret Service - POLITICO.com

White House tours cost $74,000 a week for Secret Service

White House tours cost the Secret Service an average of $74,000 a week, according to numbers provided by the agency Thursday, amid continued grousing from Hill Republicans who see the move as a petty ploy by the president's team.

During tours, 37 Secret Service officers typically are stationed along the route, each getting paid $50 an hour for 40 hours each week, agency spokesman Edwin Donovan told POLITICO. That works out to $74,000 a week.

$74,000 a week for Secret Service

... amid continued grousing from Hill Republicans who see the move as a petty ploy by the president's team.

Proof positive, Republicans have no idea what they are ever talking about or have the faintest idea what they are doing.

Last edited:

I know it's hard to understand, but some people like to think for themselves, rather than just drinking the bongwater of right-wing pundits.

It's very possible to both dislike Obama and NOT drink the bongwater.

You should get new glasses, because yeah, people do eventually take notice when the bullshit gets so deep. Both sides are playing games, but Obama comes out looking worse because he's supposed to be the grown up in the room.

So Congress aren't supposed to look like "grown ups"? Sean Hannity isn't supposed to look like a "grownup"?

Americans expect our politicians to play politics. In fact, it's literally the job we hire them to do. The fact that you think people are going to "take notice" of this is hilarious when you compare it to the thousands of other bullshit things that you guys have tried to make America "outraged" about that haven't worked.

Im not entirely sure why he should pay for them.

But then im also not sure why we should pay for his vacations. Or why it's necessary to go on vacations. I don't generally go on vacations. Mostly because I cant afford them (and honestly I enjoy working). So why does the President need to go on vacation?

I know it's hard to understand, but some people like to think for themselves, rather than just drinking the bongwater of right-wing pundits.

So Congress aren't supposed to look like "grown ups"? Sean Hannity isn't supposed to look like a "grownup"?

Americans expect our politicians to play politics. In fact, it's literally the job we hire them to do. The fact that you think people are going to "take notice" of this is hilarious when you compare it to the thousands of other bullshit things that you guys have tried to make America "outraged" about that haven't worked.

Dude, you're so drunk on the water, you need to come up for air...you're clearly Obama's personal water boy.:lol: I almost pity you for attempting to defend this nonsense...but as long as you're happy.:D

Im not entirely sure why he should pay for them.

But then im also not sure why we should pay for his vacations. Or why it's necessary to go on vacations. I don't generally go on vacations. Mostly because I cant afford them (and honestly I enjoy working). So why does the President need to go on vacation?

"We" don't pay for his vacations. We pay for his transportation, because he can't travel without AF1.

And seeing as how the President is "at work" 24/7/365, I don't begrudge him a vacation.

Dude, you're so drunk on the water, you need to come up for air...you're clearly Obama's personal water boy.:lol: I almost pity you for attempting to defend this nonsense...but as long as you're happy.:D

Attempting to insult me isn't going to magically make you win this argument.

If you can't understand that someone can both disagree with Obama AND disagree with your bullshit, I don't know what to tell you.

If you can't understand that someone can both disagree with Obama AND disagree with your bullshit, I don't know what to tell you.

Your "move along, nothing to see here" gig is a bit lame...but as long as you're not afraid of heights, hang onto that horse for as long as you possibly can.:thup:

Your "move along, nothing to see here" gig is a bit lame...but as long as you're not afraid of heights, hang onto that horse for as long as you possibly can.:thup:

No lamer than your "please pay attention to this nonsense! please! pretty please!" gig.

No lamer than your "please pay attention to this nonsense! please! pretty please!" gig.

It's certainly gotten your attention.
smiliesnicker2.gif

The President plans to buy a 30 Million Dollar Mansion in Hawaii after he gets fired in 2017. But wont even offer to pay for white house tours? and who has been paying for all of his vacations and golf outings since 2009?

and the nerve to charge $500,000 to "Hang Out With The President"? really? who wants to hang out with a teleprompter for 1/2 Million Dollars? aren't call girls cheaper?

and the nerve to charge $500,000 to "Hang Out With The President"? really? who wants to hang out with a teleprompter for 1/2 Million Dollars? aren't call girls cheaper?

Fuk dude, is the above your best effort at insulting? You are the weak sister of insults then.
Pay attention to some of your soul mates. They have the insult thing down a lot better.
Maybe in 10 thousand posts you'll get there.

have we all noticed how all of a sudden Obama hasn't spoken much about the devastating effects of the Sequester? now he is like a child hiding in his closet avoiding a spanking,,,,FOR LYING TO HIS PARENTS !!!

:razz:
Now wait, how much does it cost a week to keep the white hours tours going?
And how much is Obama worth?
Fox News and Conservative Radio should bring up the 17 or so Million that Obama is "Supposedly Worth". Gee, if he so cares for "The Children", why can't he dish out a few thousand to pay for The White House Tours?
:clap2:

Why do we waste money on tours at all?

Shit you can watch a video tour for free and see all the same shit.

I say fire the tour guides and save a few bucks.

The tour guides are unpaid docent volunteers. Or, some tours are self guided. The only one paid, and getting over $100,000 a year to perform is the supervisor who is still getting paid even though the tours have been cancelled.

This was a lie, and it was a lie because the white house is something obama could affect immediately.

Forum List

Back