A question for pro-lifers...

your religious opinion about when life begins is irrelevant. what is relevant is when GOVERNMENT has the right to intervene.

i love all you 'small government' hypocrites who want government to make our most intimiate decisions when what you really want is for government to leave you alone but make everyone else follow your religious beliefs.

This is not a religious opinion but an ethical one.

Actually, it's more of a practical one.

I haven't heard an anti-abortion fanatic yet tell me how they are going to make a ban on abortion work.

Are they going to throw women in prison for having abortions? They didn't do that before Roe v. Wade.

Why is it fanatical to oppose the killing of unborn children?

This is not a religious opinion but an ethical one.

I haven't heard an anti-abortion fanatic yet tell me how they are going to make a ban on abortion work.

Are they going to throw women in prison for having abortions? They didn't do that before Roe v. Wade.

Did someone ever tell you that you don't answer a question with a question?

Not everyone agrees that they are "children". That's the point. If you had universal agreement that life begins at conception, or after the first trimester, or whatever, you'd probably have a point. But there is no consensus.

There is a consensus that rape is wrong. Hense, we have no problem convicting people of rape when there is evidence (and unfortunately, sometimes when there isn't evidence).

So I go back to my original question- modified to not offend your sensibilities.

How are you going to make a ban on abortion work if not everyone agrees it's wrong?

Not everyone agrees that they are "children". That's the point. If you had universal agreement that life begins at conception, or after the first trimester, or whatever, you'd probably have a point. But there is no consensus.

There is a consensus that rape is wrong. Hense, we have no problem convicting people of rape when there is evidence (and unfortunately, sometimes when there isn't evidence).

So I go back to my original question- modified to not offend your sensibilities.

How are you going to make a ban on abortion work if not everyone agrees it's wrong?

While I agree that rape is wrong, only an ignorant idiot like you would claim that there is a consensus that rape is wrong.

Not everyone believes it is wrong to drink and drive, so I guess that legislation should be scrapped too?

You really are a moron.

Disagreement does not a fanatic make.

I'd rather say that the fanatics are the men who fight tooth and nail to protect the legality of baby killing.

While I agree that rape is wrong, only an ignorant idiot like you would claim that there is a consensus that rape is wrong.

Not everyone believes it is wrong to drink and drive, so I guess that legislation should be scrapped too?

You really are a moron.

Baby killing fanatics don't understand the concept of human rights. They think that human rights don't exist unless a law exists to establish them.

So if human rights violations take place legally, say, under Sharia law, or in the name of war (think Darfur, the Sudan) those aren't really human rights violations. Slavery wasn't a violation of human rights, nor honor killings. Because the tyrannies under which they take place approve them.

You really are a moron.

So you are really going to keep avoiding the question that you can't enforce the law, then?

Incidently, I'm not aware of anyone who takes the position that driving while drunk is okay. I think everyone kind of knows that is wrong. Yeah, people do it anyway, because when you actually ARE drunk, your judgment is impaired. I'm reasonably sure there isn't a huge "pro-Rape" lobby. Even Todd Akin thinks Rape is wrong.

So one more time, how are you going to m ake your ban on abortion work if a large section of the population doesn't consider the law valid and will actively break it and sympathize with those who do?

Are you really going to execute abortion doctors or imprison women who get them?

They think human rights are the right of the strong to oppress and slaughter the weak.

Which of course is insane.

Baby killing fanatics don't understand the concept of human rights. They think that human rights don't exist unless a law exists to establish them.

So if human rights violations take place legally, say, under Sharia law, or in the name of war (think Darfur, the Sudan) those aren't really human rights violations. Slavery wasn't a violation of human rights, nor honor killings. Because the tyrannies under which they take place approve them.

Why is it you can't tell me why abortion is wrong without bringing up other things that are wrong?

Again, abortion is wrong because ....

Fill in the blank in a way that doesn't mention God or makes unsubstiated claims about the viability of zygotes...

Thanks.

Disagreement does not a fanatic make.
True.

I'd rather say that the fanatics are the men who fight tooth and nail to protect the legality of baby killing.
I would fight tooth and nail for killing an unborn that has lived beyond 25 weeks. I guess that makes me a fanatic.

Little weird that you don't see yourself as one for something simply being alive.

***Million dollar question... Are you actually going to catch what I did there, and say something about it... Or are you going to stop and think "Oh shit, I'm about to look like a hypocrite"

Why is it you can't tell me why abortion is wrong without bringing up other things that are wrong?

Fill in the blank in a way that doesn't mention God or makes unsubstiated claims about the viability of zygotes...

Thanks.

I never bring up God or make unsubstantiated claims about zygote viability, you lying, baby killing piece of shit.

Abortion is wrong because human life is precious, and unborn babies are human life.

Thanks.

I never bring up God or make unsubstantiated claims about zygote viability, you lying, baby killing piece of shit.

Abortion is wrong because human life is precious, and unborn babies are human life.

So your making the ciruclar argument that zygotes are babies because you say so...

Just checking.

They think human rights are the right of the strong to oppress and slaughter the weak.

Yes. Telling others what they think is a great way to look stupid.

Oh look, the tried and true argument for abortion...

"Yore stoopid".

Thank you for that.

Of course it means nothing. Scratch an abortion advocate, find a fascist.

No, we just don't think you pass laws you can't enforce...

especially if you don't plan for the consequences...

When you guys support taking care of all those unwanted Children, then you come back and talk to me.

Do you have any idea how many people who can't have children are eager to adopt.

Try to think. It really works if you try hard enough.

When you guys support taking care of all those unwanted Children, then you come back and talk to me.

Logical fallacy.

Moron.

Do you have any idea how many people who can't have children are eager to adopt.

Try to think. It really works if you try hard enough.

Not enough to absorb 900,000 unwanted babies a year that would be produced if you found a way to actually make an abortion ban stick.

So maybe in the first year, you get your fill of Mommy-trackers who let their biological clocks run down.... keeping in mind the reason why most of these women are looking to adopt in their 30's is because they aborted their fetuses conceived in their 20's.

After that, you have a lot of unwanted babies... and nowhere to put them. We'd go back to having orphanages and shit.

Or less risky behavior...which is what the left REALLY wants to prevent.

Aside from eliminating that despised population of children they claim would just die anyway.

So how do you explain the fact that legalized abortion has resulted in a lot more unwanted babies? Got an explanation for that?

Logical fallacy.

Moron.

Not at all...

Fact is, the economic and political system of "every man for himself" that you right wingnuts support make abortion necessary. Make a career woman chose between an abortion and her career, and she gets the abortion more often than not. Tell the working class gal that if she takes more than her 12 weeks off, there won't be a job waiting for her when she gets back, she'll pick an abortion.

Tell a woman without health that she has to choose between a $300.00 abortion she can afford and a $10,000 C-section birth that she can't... and well, that becomes really easy.

When you support universal health care, family and medical leave, and strong worker protections, Then MAYBE you will have the high ground to say you've planned for all those unwanted pregnancies that turn into unwanted kids.

Until then, you are just full of shit.

Logical fallacy.

Moron.

Not at all...

Fact is, the economic and political system of "every man for himself" that you right wingnuts support make abortion necessary. Make a career woman chose between an abortion and her career, and she gets the abortion more often than not. Tell the working class gal that if she takes more than her 12 weeks off, there won't be a job waiting for her when she gets back, she'll pick an abortion.

Tell a woman without health that she has to choose between a $300.00 abortion she can afford and a $10,000 C-section birth that she can't... and well, that becomes really easy.

When you support universal health care, family and medical leave, and strong worker protections, Then MAYBE you will have the high ground to say you've planned for all those unwanted pregnancies that turn into unwanted kids.

Until then, you are just full of shit.

You are as disgusting as your Nazi fellow-ideologues.

Forum List

Back