A question for pro-lifers...

Well Obviosly - there is a position that holds all human life sacred - maybe that would be something to consider.

If that is true, then the life of a death row inmate should also be sacred. Might want to change that sentence.

Again you reveal your attitude by equating an innocent person and a convicted person.

The idea that all human life is sacred does not mean that one shouldn't protect that life. Or do you mean to claim that killing somebody in self-defense is the same as murder?

No, I am saying that his statement, that all human life is sacred, is not true.

Got anything constructive to add?

Well Obviosly - there is a position that holds all human life sacred - maybe that would be something to consider.

If that is true, then the life of a death row inmate should also be sacred. Might want to change that sentence.

Not really --- It isn;t as if these severe lawbreakers don't know that they are committing death row caliber crimes ... You can't really hold people with no respect for human life to the same standards you hold the rest of us can you?

Besides -- that is really just an attempt to switch issues. The bottom line is that the death penalty is just about protecting human life.

Again you reveal your attitude by equating an innocent person and a convicted person.

The idea that all human life is sacred does not mean that one shouldn't protect that life. Or do you mean to claim that killing somebody in self-defense is the same as murder?

I see, you're just pretty callous about human life. That is your opinion and your right of course.

Not really --- It isn;t as if these severe lawbreakers don't know that they are committing death row caliber crimes ... You can't really hold people with no respect for human life to the same standards you hold the rest of us can you?

Besides -- that is really just an attempt to switch issues. The bottom line is that the death penalty is just about protecting human life.

So instead of saying your statement was wrong, you are trying to dodge around it.

Typical.

I see, you're just pretty callous about human life. That is your opinion and your right of course.

I am not at all callous. I do not think being pro choice means you are callous. Its just an opinion.

So instead of saying your statement was wrong, you are trying to dodge around it.

Typical.

No, not at all...
One has nothing to do with the other --- you attempted to compare apples and oranges. You compared takeing the lives of the innocent - with criminal penalties...

I am not at all callous. I do not think being pro choice means you are callous. Its just an opinion.

Like genocide is an opinion... right?
After all, it was just Hitlers opinion that Jews should be removed from the face of the earth.

Typical.

No, not at all...
One has nothing to do with the other --- you attempted to compare apples and oranges. You compared takeing the lives of the innocent - with criminal penalties...

So you believe that the statement 'all human life is sacred' is not a contradiction and that death row inmates lives are not sacred?

Typical.

No, not at all...

So you believe that the statement 'all human life is sacred' is not a contradiction and that death row inmates lives are not sacred?

The life of every human being is sacred. The fact that some people - through their own actions for which they are responsible - forfeit their right to live doesn't change that.

Typical.

No, not at all...

Well, what do you think sacred means?

Typical.

No you are trying to nit pick and take a little but not all of it. You are trying to compare the innocence of a baby to that of a hardened criminal who has done despicable things. Please kindly get your moral compass checked.

Typical.

No, not at all...

Their lives are sacred as well. But sometimes they have lost the right to live among us.
Me, though...I'm anti-death penalty. I believe all life is precious.

Neither one is a person. Just a body. A body is not a person. A body is a body.

And ***I*** do not say that it's the same as an unborn baby. ***I*** say it's a fetus because frankly after 25 weeks I would define it as a person, and yet it's still an unborn baby.

If you don't address what I say there is no point in you replying.

I'm not sure how to make it more simple than that.

Yes, your Nazi thinking is quite simplistic.

And has nothing to do with logic or science.
As I said before.... Logic isn't for everybody.

There is good news and bad news for this.

Good news... It doesn't bother me a bit that you believe as you do. If you were pro-abortion I would have a problem, but you aren't and I don't know anyone who is.

Bad news... It seems to bother you that I believe as I do. There is no way I'll change my mind based on your faith. You'll have to use logic and reasoning. I've told you mine. Saying it's not really doesn't do anything to promote your stance.

Me being Pro-choice... You support my stance even by having a different one given your choice will always be ok with my morals and ethics.

After all, it was just Hitlers opinion that Jews should be removed from the face of the earth.

Genocide is not an opinion. It is an act. There is a difference.

your religious opinion about when life begins is irrelevant. what is relevant is when GOVERNMENT has the right to intervene.

i love all you 'small government' hypocrites who want government to make our most intimiate decisions when what you really want is for government to leave you alone but make everyone else follow your religious beliefs.

your religious opinion about when life begins is irrelevant. what is relevant is when GOVERNMENT has the right to intervene.

i love all you 'small government' hypocrites who want government to make our most intimiate decisions when what you really want is for government to leave you alone but make everyone else follow your religious beliefs.

This is not a religious opinion but an ethical one.

Genocide is not an opinion. It is an act. There is a difference.

Yeah, I have to disagree with you on that. Abortion is genocide.

Whil I agree with you that abortion is murder, I disagree strongly with your equation of abortion and genocide. Genocide is the deliberate attempt by a government authority to physically eradicate a whole population group.

The term genocide is devalued enough as it is.

I don't have a problem with that.

Eh... My sig says my opinion on this fairly well.

Actually, it's more of a practical one.

I haven't heard an anti-abortion fanatic yet tell me how they are going to make a ban on abortion work.

Are they going to throw women in prison for having abortions? They didn't do that before Roe v. Wade.

Forum List

Back