A question for the pro-abortion aka pro-choice crowd

I am sorry that you believe murdering the youngest, most helpless humans in one of the wealthiest nations is a good thing.
"Murder" refers to terminating the life of an identifiable person -- not an unidentifiable (unborn) fetus or zygote which is part of a host organism.

Who will be taking care of you in your old age???
I have three married daughters and (at present) five grandchildren. No need for any more and hopefully I won't need to impose on them.

To date no one has ever found anyone that is pro abortion.
Abortion is not the medical speciality of the doctors perfoming them.
I am pro-abortion.

Medical science has so successfully interfered with Nature's plan that Earth has become overpopulated with humans. So it seems fitting that an expedient medical procedure be applied to the problem.

The only concern I have with abortion is whether the emerging organism is capable of experiencing pain and if so can it be anesthetized? I'm assuming it can but I'm not sure.

Carrying and delivering a baby is physically and socially incapacitating, arduous and extremely painful. We men do not experience these negative effects so I don't think men have any legitimate authority in the matter. It's really a women's issue.

Further, even if one doesn't agree with such considerations the bottom line is (or should be) the decision to abort is personal and is no one else's business.

Well gee, if an over populated Earth is the issue, why not be more selective in who we euthanize? Probably the vast majority of the millions of aborted babies could have become healthy, productive, functioning adults.

Let's let those people live and instead eliminate all the repeat offenders, idiots, and incompetent people. Wouldn't that make more sense?

AND contraception, which too few women use,

Untrue.

and legal abortion on demand coupled with dedicated efforts by militant women's rights groups to make abortion not only socially acceptable but almost a badge of honor for the 'liberated' woman

Untrue.

have also resulted in the wholesale slaughter of millions of babies for no other reason than the mother didn't want them.

Untrue. An embryo in the early stages of pregnancy is not a "baby." Only a very late-stage abortion can be reasonably called "killing a baby," there are very few of these performed, and hardly any of them are performed "for no other reason than the mother didn't want them." In most states, that isn't even allowed.

Again, the responsible woman will not risk pregnancy until she is mature enough and responsible enough to support a child.

Agreed. But with contraception and abortion available, that doesn't mean she has to remain celibate.

I realize that believers in traditional sexual morality lament this, but that won't change a thing. "Responsibility" is relative to the material circumstances necessitating action. When those circumstances change, so does what behavior constitutes "responsible" behavior.

Ask a pregnant woman what she is carrying. I can guarentee you that she will not say a "ZEF".

I bet you would not make such a guarantee if said pregnant woman was on her way to the abortion clinic.:tongue:

Because the baby has not reached a particular age, it is okay to MURDER the baby? The corruption of your statement is distasteful.

Of course not!

It is because the ZEF is still attached to its host via the umbilical cord, and is thus a non-person and a secondary organism whose right to life is existentially under the aegis of its host, that allows for its continued development to be aborted.

BTW: "murder" is a legal term. Try not to corrupt its meaning.

I am sorry that you believe murdering the youngest, most helpless humans in one of the wealthiest nations is a good thing. Who will be taking care of you in your old age???

No one advocates any such thing; if you believe it to be wrong then refrain from the practice, or counsel female family members accordingly, whichever is applicable. But you may not attempt to codify this belief.

I recognize an unborn baby as a human.

You many recognize whatever you want, to the extent as it pertains to your personal business; and you may also not attempt to codify that belief.

Take a look at the Mississippi law voted on today.

If the people of Mississippi are not careful, they are going to vote the concept of "personhood" into something completely meaningless. Then, we'll all be in trouble.

"Personhood" should be established at the moment the umbilical cord is cut. Until then, the ZEF is a secondary organism devoid of existential individuality.

Once the human sperm enters the human egg, all the dna is present necessary to become an Einstein or Rembrandt or some person so special you couldn't imagine him or her not being in the world. And as the fertilized egg attaches itself to the uterine wall, it is already determined that the person will be short or tall or have red hair or brown or blue or brown or black eyes. Every cell division, every new feature appearing in that developing human being from the very first union of sperm and egg is essential to a totally unique person, a human being. No part of that process can be eliminated in order for a person to realize his/her full potential.

Every aborted baby, at whatever stage of development, might have been the person to figure out how to eliminate AIDS or Cancer or any number of terrible diseases that continue to mystify medical science. Any one might have developed a super seed that could wipe out hunger everywhere.

I can accept that there are times that abortion is the moral choice, but in my opinion that choice cannot be morally based on the assumption that whether in or out of the mother's womb, that is not a human being that is growing and maturing.

What the hell is a zef?

Anyway, I think everybody agrees that it's human.

So what it comes down to is the pro-abortionists believe that under some circumstances, it's okay to kill innocent humans. For the "greater good" I'm sure.

Once the human sperm enters the human egg, all the dna is present necessary to become an Einstein or Rembrandt or some person so special you couldn't imagine him or her not being in the world.

...then again, if you throw multiple generations of careless breeding habits, abject poverty, no father, and a dysfunctional mother who never really wanted the child to begin with, into the mix, then you are far more likely to end up with another run-of-the-mill, violent, antisocial, career criminal who will spend the whole of his malignant life on public assistance, in one form or another.

In fact, such a ZEF is much more likely to become the murderer of the next Einstein or Rembrant, before being sentenced to capital punishment (or life without parole).

I can accept that there are times that abortion is the moral choice, but in my opinion that choice cannot be morally based on the assumption that whether in or out of the mother's womb, that is not a human being that is growing and maturing.

Of course the ZEF is a developing human being! What else would it be, a developing rutabaga?

What you need to accept is that the host mother has an inalienable right to self-determination over the reproductive functions of her own body.

Ask a pregnant woman what she is carrying. I can guarentee you that she will not say a "ZEF".

I bet you would not make such a guarantee if said pregnant woman was on her way to the abortion clinic.:tongue:

Because the baby has not reached a particular age, it is okay to MURDER the baby? The corruption of your statement is distasteful.

Of course not!

It is because the ZEF is still attached to its host via the umbilical cord, and is thus a non-person and a secondary organism whose right to life is existentially under the aegis of its host, that allows for its continued development to be aborted.

So...if it wasn't illegal to kill slaves about 150 years ago, it wasn't murder, I take it?

And since it wasn't illegal to force your wife to have sex with you, that wasn't rape?

It's nice that if the law says something is okay, we don't have to worry our brains about it.

It's legal in Iran to stone your daughter for adultery, without any evidence...I guess that's not murder either...and since it's legal, nobody should worry about it.

God the progressive pro-abortionists are nauseating wastes of life. I say we start with eliminating them, and give the babies a chance to grow into something more closely resembling a human being.

once the human sperm enters the human egg, all the dna is present necessary to become an einstein or rembrandt or some person so special you couldn't imagine him or her not being in the world.

...then again, if you throw multiple generations of careless breeding habits, abject poverty, no father, and a dysfunctional mother who never really wanted the child to begin with, into the mix, then you are far more likely to end up with another run-of-the-mill, violent, antisocial, career criminal who will spend the whole of his malignant life on public assistance, in one form or another.

In fact, such a zef is much more likely to become the murderer of the next einstein or rembrant, before being sentenced to capital punishment (or life without parole).

i can accept that there are times that abortion is the moral choice, but in my opinion that choice cannot be morally based on the assumption that whether in or out of the mother's womb, that is not a human being that is growing and maturing.

of course the zef is a developing human being! What else would it be, a developing rutabaga?

what you need to accept is that the host mother has an inalienable right to self-determination over the reproductive functions of her own body.

nazi.

flib·ber·ti·gib·bet
   [flib-er-tee-jib-it]

noun
1. a chattering or flighty, light-headed person.

No wonder the resident scholars here never want to acknowledge, much less debate, what the current law and pending laws are.

Of course not!

So...if it wasn't illegal to kill slaves about 150 years ago, it wasn't murder, I take it?

And since it wasn't illegal to force your wife to have sex with you, that wasn't rape?

It's nice that if the law says something is okay, we don't have to worry our brains about it.

It's legal in Iran to stone your daughter for adultery, without any evidence...I guess that's not murder either...and since it's legal, nobody should worry about it.

God the progressive pro-abortionists are nauseating wastes of life. I say we start with eliminating them, and give the babies a chance to grow into something more closely resembling a human being.

Sorry, but I can't help but point out the irony here...the part in bold would seem to indicate that babies aren't human beings; they must grow into it. :eusa_shhh:

I'm sure that wasn't what you were saying, just badly chosen wording. :lol:

Sorry, but I can't help but point out the irony here...the part in bold would seem to indicate that babies aren't human beings; they must grow into it. :eusa_shhh:

I'm sure that wasn't what you were saying, just badly chosen wording. :lol:

Consider the source.

Flibbertigibbet:

Likes to froth garbled sputterances without much cerebral consideration.

Makes dingbat remarks such as "pro-abortionists are nauseting wastes of life and should be eliminated" then proceeds to call someone else a nazi.

Forum List

Back