A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

You know very well that you're talking about a fringe, which calls itself Christian, but wouldn't be recognized as such by the overwhelming majority of the Christian community in the World. As a matter of fact, any Christian would consider somebody making such a mockery of one of the sacraments as far more sinful than somebody living together unmarried.

You really are extremely provincial. You need to try to look outside your own limited backyard a bit more.

You mean fringe as opposed to....say.....Westboro Baptist Church for example?

There is a difference between somebody getting a body piercing and getting married. Marriage always involves more than one person and it also involves society.

If same sex individuals are allowed to be recognized as "married" under the law, how is that going to – in any way – infringe on any of your personal rights or freedoms as a citizen of the United States of America?

This is the question I have yet to see properly answered.

Because there is no answer that can be made except: "it won't". Therefore the question will be ignored. Same with my challenge for someone to provide an argument that meets the standards of the Lemon Test as to why homosexuals should be denied equal access to the law and be denied their rights as US citizens. There is no argument that can be made....hence why the challenge has been ignored.

Last edited:
If society would be unaffected by that, then this would mean that marriage is a completely meaningless institution. And there again, you've proven my point.

What? lol You are dancing the two-step now.

That society is uneffected by gay marriage does not equate to marriage being a meaningless institution.

Society was not effected when my wife and I married. So was it a meaningless institution already??

Unless you have some reasons society was effected by my marriage or way it would be effected by gays marrying?

"He can do the innuendo, he can dance and sing ..." - Name That TUNE!!!

The song name is the same as what I have a pile of...Dirty Laundry.

There is a difference between somebody getting a body piercing and getting married. Marriage always involves more than one person and it also involves society.

Yes, it involves more than one person. And, in this case, both parties want to be married.

As for involving society, I would argue against that. Since the couple in question is probably living together already, changing from living together to married would only effect them. They would receive the benefits the gov't give married couples. But society would be uneffected.

If society would be unaffected by that, then this would mean that marriage is a completely meaningless institution. And there again, you've proven my point.

The question is not: does this action have an effect on society?

The question is instead: will this sort of action infringe on the rights and property of other individuals within the society? If the answer is “yes”, then it should be regulated.

It’s really a very simple concept to grasp.

Last edited:
because i have yet to hear an argument against gay marriage that is not in some way based upon religious dogma. Even the suggestion that homosexuality is immoral or leads to the downfall of society is religious in nature. It is religion that has forced this belief of homosexual immorality into people's brains. There is simply no secular argument to make against gay marriage and that's why the courts keep deciding in favor of gay rights.

again, you are the one bringing religion into this, not me.

and without a religious argument there is no argument to be made. And since a religious argument is irrelevant in the eyes of the courts then gay marriage must be accepted as legal. There's no other way around it. Now you can personally approve or disapprove all you want, but your personal approval means nothing in regards to what is legal and constitutional.

this!!!!

"He can dance if he wants to. He can leave his friends behind. 'Cause his friends don't dance and if they don't dance well they're no friends of mine." :lol:

Naw, man!! "Dirty Laundry."

We can do "The Innuendo"
We can dance and sing
When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing
We all know that Crap is King
Give us dirty laundry!

What? lol You are dancing the two-step now.

That society is uneffected by gay marriage does not equate to marriage being a meaningless institution.

Society was not effected when my wife and I married. So was it a meaningless institution already??

Unless you have some reasons society was effected by my marriage or way it would be effected by gays marrying?

The song name is the same as what I have a pile of...Dirty Laundry.

Good point.

/toddles off to see if the W&D are available

If same sex individuals are allowed to be recognized as "married" under the law, how is that going to – in any way – infringe on any of your personal rights or freedoms as a citizen of the United States of America?

I think that's because there exists no good answer to the question.

I think that's because there exists no good answer to the question.

It infringes on religious freedom, religions should be free to dictate public policy as it pertains to other people with the force of the secular government.

Instead of an individual saying "My belief is that homosexuality is wrong, therefore **I** will not engage in homosexual activity or marry someone of the same sex" they feel that means religious freedom means "My belief is that homosexuality is wrong, therefore **others** will not engage in homosexual activity or marry someone of the same sex".

>>>>

Last edited:
I was born normal I have never had any desire or thoughts of having any type of a relationship with a male other than friendship.

I love pussy so much since I left it the day I was born I am still trying to get back in it 50 years later.

Really weird post Bigrebnc.

Daily affirmations, lol?

Last edited:
I was born normal I have never had any desire or thoughts of having any type of a relationship with a male other than friendship.

I love pussy so much since I left it the day I was born I am still trying to get back in it 50 years later.

Daily affirmations, lol?

It's not my fault you don't like pussy like I do.

I'll remember you, when that day comes. :)

Well after tomorrow and the amendment get's past gay marriage is dead in the water for North Carolina that is.

And if it does not pass? Will you say gay marriage is alive and well for NC?
It's not going to happen
Many voters still don’t understand what the amendment would accomplish, pollster Tom Jensen said, noting that a majority of North Carolinians support some legal recognition for same-sex couples. “Opponents of the amendment had an uphill battle in convincing voters that it was anything other than a referendum on gay marriage, even though it does go a lot further than that” by forbidding civil unions and domestic partnerships, he said.

Jensen, whose firm worked for the anti-amendment campaign, believes the vote could get even more support, possibly as high as 59 percent. The vote brought a half-million people to the polls to vote early, exceeding even the huge jump in voting for the 2008 Democratic presidential primary between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Read more here: Final poll gives North Carolina marriage amendment clear advantage - Politics Wires - MiamiHerald.com

Daily affirmations, lol?

Big - as a happily married adult male, I want to let you know that you sound like a fourth grade child.

Last edited:

Daily affirmations, lol?

Big - as a happily married adult male, I want to let you know that you sound like a fourth grade child.

Is that the best you can do? The old adults don't talk about such things? Or if someone talks about getting pussy they ain't getting any? :eusa_whistle:Thats one of the things that is wrong with Americans they don't talk about it. They are too fucking scared of the PC police. I really don't care how many people know how I like pussy.

Is that the best you can do? The old adults don't talk about such things? Or if someone talks about getting pussy they ain't getting any? :eusa_whistle:Thats one of the things that is wrong with Americans they don't talk about it. They are too fucking scared of the PC police. I really don't care how many people know how I like pussy.

It's more like ... the button that lets people know what is or isn't appropriate? You don't have one.

Forum List

Back