A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

How is that reasonable for those that are banned from marriage?
Where is morality mentioned in THE LAW?

Marriage is a union between a man and a woman.
Are you in favour of letting anybody marry anybody?

Yes, we should ban mass murderers from marrying.

I am sure we will save this nation from every problem we face if we ban two people that are committed to each other of the same sex to get married.
Just last night I woke up shocked by the fact that somewhere near me there may be 2 men or 2 women that love each other laying in their bed as they sleep. Then I had this terrible thought? What if they want to get married? I spent the rest of the night worrying about the devestating impact that would have on my life, my marriage and career if 2 gays or 2 lesbians were allowed to have a wedding ceremony to get married. If that was allowed I just do not know how I could go on with my life. What would be the purpose in my life if those 2 homosexuals were allowed to get married and make that kind of commitment to each other?
And now we have those that want a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage and set all of us at ease. We have needed this for such a long time. How fitting to use The United States Constitution, a document that is dedicated to the preservation of our inalienable rights, to tell a certain group of people what they can not do, rather than tell the GOVERNMENT what it can not do which is what the Constitution was founded on.
No, we do not need tax reform, we do not need to end the massive deficit, we do not need energy reform, healthcare reform, tax reform and earmark reform. We do not need fiscal responsibily.
What we need is a Constitutional Amendment to ban gays from marrying and all of a sudden that makes us a moral nation again over night and everything else is solved.

Why not redefine the word parent. If a parent is some one that loves you, and your friend loves, you then your friend can be your parent and sign your report card in grade school.

Marriage is a union between a man and a woman.
Are you in favour of letting anybody marry anybody?

I am sure we will save this nation from every problem we face if we ban two people that are committed to each other of the same sex to get married.
Just last night I woke up shocked by the fact that somewhere near me there may be 2 men or 2 women that love each other laying in their bed as they sleep. Then I had this terrible thought? What if they want to get married? I spent the rest of the night worrying about the devestating impact that would have on my life, my marriage and career if 2 gays or 2 lesbians were allowed to have a wedding ceremony to get married. If that was allowed I just do not know how I could go on with my life. What would be the purpose in my life if those 2 homosexuals were allowed to get married and make that kind of commitment to each other?
And now we have those that want a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage and set all of us at ease. We have needed this for such a long time. How fitting to use The United States Constitution, a document that is dedicated to the preservation of our inalienable rights, to tell a certain group of people what they can not do, rather than tell the GOVERNMENT what it can not do which is what the Constitution was founded on.
No, we do not need tax reform, we do not need to end the massive deficit, we do not need energy reform, healthcare reform, tax reform and earmark reform. We do not need fiscal responsibily.
What we need is a Constitutional Amendment to ban gays from marrying and all of a sudden that makes us a moral nation again over night and everything else is solved.

Why not redefine the word parent. If a parent is some one that loves you, and your friend loves, you then your friend can be your parent and sign your report card in grade school.

"Why not" is all you have.
Gay marriage is a non issue. No one gives a shit if gays get married except busy bodies and fools.
Non issue. Quit wasting your time.

Gay marriage is a non issue. No one gives a shit if gays get married except busy bodies and fools.

Then why was gay marriage banned in all 32 states that had a popular vote on the issue?

Then why was gay marriage banned in all 32 states that had a popular vote on the issue?

Because the voters are dumb masses.
Where was the popular vote on ending the deficit, tax reform, earmark reform, healthcare competition and the other 137 issues more important than gay marriage?
How stupid does that make you feel that once again the politicians have conned you?
Gay marriage more important to you than the deficit. Wow.
Don't you see that ONLY at election time do these issues come up?
Where is gay marriage on your list of priorities? Is it the #1 issue with you.
It is to those that want votes on bans for it. If not then how come NO other popular votes on the other issues?
Where is gay marriage on your priority list of the issues we have in this country?
137th or 138th?

Gays care about getting married, and Americans who want to live in an equal, just, and unbiased Nation care about it as well.

Not a non-issue.

Last edited:
Here's a suggestion let everybody marry whom or what they want to marry as many times as they want to marry and when they want. no divorces

Why are gays given special rights over pedophiles or those who like incest, or those who are into Bestiality?

Okay. If we let you marry your sister and your favorite stump-trained cow, will you agree to gays getting married.

As an owner of 3 corporations gay marriage is a non issue.
I have 137 other more important issues to face each day.
Amazing how easily the dumb masses be they liberal kook or right wing kook are manipulated.
Can you please specifically tell us how banning gay marriage affects society and how those bans will change one thing in America.
How does banning gay marriage specifically affect your life?
How would gay marriage affect you in any way?

Here's a suggestion let everybody marry whom or what they want to marry as many times as they want to marry and when they want. no divorces

Why are gays given special rights over pedophiles or those who like incest, or those who are into Bestiality?

They are not. Someone who has been convicted of child molestation and has served his/her prison term is perfectly free to marry if they choose. Frankly, they have more rights than gays who have committed no crime. For incest there are genetic reasons regarding offspring that make it legitimately illegal. For those underage, our society has determined that if you are not 16 or 18 (depending on the state) you do not have the capacity to legally consent to sexual relations, although with parental approval someone under the age of consent can indeed marry. And when the day comes that chickens and goats have the capacity to give consent...knock yourself out if you are so inclined.

They are not. Someone who has been convicted of child molestation and has served his/her prison term is perfectly free to marry if they choose. Frankly, they have more rights than gays who have committed no crime. For incest there are genetic reasons regarding offspring that make it legitimately illegal. For those underage, our society has determined that if you are not 16 or 18 (depending on the state) you do not have the capacity to legally consent to sexual relations, although with parental approval someone under the age of consent can indeed marry. And when the day comes that chickens and goats have the capacity to give consent...knock yourself out if you are so inclined.

OH BUT NO

What about Bestiality, Polygamy? Why do we have laws against those two things? Why aren't the rights of people who like teenagers protected to be with teenagers?

Okay. If we let you marry your sister and your favorite stump-trained cow, will you agree to gays getting married.

My question was why aren't those right of people protected that like that kind of stuff? Or is it that you see them as abnormal?

Thousands of posts here and still not one person that opposes gay marriage has identified anything that would change in their marriage and life if gay folk were allowed to get married.
Same as the military allowing gays. Nothing changed.

Thousands of posts here and still not one person that opposes gay marriage has identified anything that would change in their marriage and life if gay folk were allowed to get married.
It's called cause and effect.

When do we stop giving special right to everybody.

Thousands of posts and nobody has identified a compelling need for government sanctioned gay marriage.

As an owner of 3 corporations gay marriage is a non issue.
I have 137 other more important issues to face each day.
Amazing how easily the dumb masses be they liberal kook or right wing kook are manipulated.
Can you please specifically tell us how banning gay marriage affects society and how those bans will change one thing in America.
How does banning gay marriage specifically affect your life?
How would gay marriage affect you in any way?

Wow. So you bought stock in McDonalds, Starbucks and Taco Bell?

They’re not. Everyone has a right to equal access to the law. Homosexuals are seeking nothing new or different.

My question was why aren't those right of people protected that like that kind of stuff?

Because they don’t have a right to engage in those activities, the state has a compelling reason to prohibit such activities supported by evidence.

That’s not the case where states prohibit same-sex couples’ access to marriage laws.

Thousands of posts and nobody has identified a compelling need for government sanctioned gay marriage.

That because the burden lies with the government to justify its desire to preempt a given right, supported by evidence. There is no ‘need’ for government to ‘justify’ its compliance with the Constitution.

OH BUT NO

What about Bestiality, Polygamy? Why do we have laws against those two things? Why aren't the rights of people who like teenagers protected to be with teenagers?

Its always nice to see those who oppose gay marriage repeatedly ignore posts explaining things that ruin their "if we let gays marry then the next thing someone will want to marry their dog!" nonsense.

Let me post it for the 4th or 5th time. It boils down to consenting adults.

As for polygamy, give me a reason it is illegal?

Special rights? We want to give ordinary benefits to more people. Can you see the difference?

Special rights? We want to give ordinary benefits to more people. Can you see the difference?

Classifying marriage as a mere right is shortsighted. It's an institution that serves a societal purpose.

Classifying marriage as a mere right is shortsighted. It's an institution that serves a societal purpose.

Indeed it does. And besides having children without outside assistance, gay marriages provide all the benefits to society that straight marriages do. So they should receive the gov't benefits that married couples receive.

Forum List

Back