A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

Wait

Are you saying there are religious groups that condone gay marriages?

Please, find one for me. That would end the discussion of gay marriages--and adoptions too.

If I am not mistaken, Wicca accepts gays as just another variant of humaity.

The IRS recognizes Wicca. The military even has Wiccan chaplains and trains the chaplains corp to help with wiccans in the military.

So are you saying Gay is a religion?

I have to agree with you there.

What? Please reread my post and tell me where I said anything about gay being a religion??

I mean, I'm sure its easier to debate if you get to claim someone says whatever you want, but do try to stick with what is actually said.

i thought you were making the point that the irs recognizes wicca but not gay..

carry on, lol.

I don't remember who I first saw bring this up, but couldn't the gay marriage issue be put in terms of gender discrimination?

I am a man. I am allowed to marry any woman of age who consents and isn't already married. If a woman wants to marry the same person I do, they are prevented from doing so based solely on their gender. Their sexual preferences are unimportant, the factor preventing them from marrying a woman, just as I can, is their gender. Obviously the opposite holds true.

As discrimination based on gender is, as far as I am aware, illegal, is this argument enough to allow same sex marriage?

Wait

Please, find one for me. That would end the discussion of gay marriages--and adoptions too.

The IRS recognizes Wicca. The military even has Wiccan chaplains and trains the chaplains corp to help with wiccans in the military.
The church of Satan condones gay marriage do you have a point?

Wait

Yes. Many Christian churches do as well.

Now where did you get that information about the Church of Satan.

Not much of a christian church that goes against the teaching of the bible might as well be call church of Satan because that's who they serve.

A church that condones same-sex marriage is not a Christian church. That is a wolf is sheep's clothing. Did you ever read about wolves in sheep's clothing in your bible?

Wait

That there is a major religion that condones gay marriage?

And just as an FYI, wiccans do not believe in the satan. Be that as it may, Wicca is a recognized religion.

Not much of a christian church that goes against the teaching of the bible might as well be call church of Satan because that's who they serve.

Since Wicca is not a christian faith, they do not place any value on what is written in the bible.

But the question was whether there are religions that accept gays and gay marriage.

A church that condones same-sex marriage is not a Christian church. That is a wolf is sheep's clothing. Did you ever read about wolves in sheep's clothing in your bible?

That is very nice, but irrelevant when the discussion is US law and what religions accept homosexuality.

I don't remember who I first saw bring this up, but couldn't the gay marriage issue be put in terms of gender discrimination?

I am a man. I am allowed to marry any woman of age who consents and isn't already married. If a woman wants to marry the same person I do, they are prevented from doing so based solely on their gender. Their sexual preferences are unimportant, the factor preventing them from marrying a woman, just as I can, is their gender. Obviously the opposite holds true.

As discrimination based on gender is, as far as I am aware, illegal, is this argument enough to allow same sex marriage?

It should be, but there is a need among many for a "group" that threatens the so called "American way of life". This decade it is gay Americans....

That is very nice, but irrelevant when the discussion is US law and what religions accept homosexuality.

Chrisitianity condemns homosexuality.

That is fine. Christian churches will not be forced to perform gay weddings.

But wiccan groups should be able to do so, and the federal gov't should recognize them.

I understand there are "gay churches". However, they are not Christian. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. They are deceived because they do not follow scripture as their foundation.

There are many religions in the world, and most are represented in the US now. Following biblical scripture would be important for christian faiths, but not for any others. In fact, for any faith that is not Judeo-Christian, the bible is just an interesting piece of historical literature.

That is fine. Christian churches will not be forced to perform gay weddings.

But wiccan groups should be able to do so, and the federal gov't should recognize them.

As long as no one is forced to recognize something against their religion, then people can do what they want.

Forum List

Back