A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

Chrisitianity condemns homosexuality.

That is fine. Christian churches will not be forced to perform gay weddings.

But wiccan groups should be able to do so, and the federal gov't should recognize them.

As long as no one is forced to recognize something against their religion, then people can do what they want.

And the gov't should recognize those marriages and any civil ceremony weddings?

I understand there are "gay churches". However, they are not Christian. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. They are deceived because they do not follow scripture as their foundation.

There are many religions in the world, and most are represented in the US now. Following biblical scripture would be important for christian faiths, but not for any others. In fact, for any faith that is not Judeo-Christian, the bible is just an interesting piece of historical literature.

That is true. As long as Christians are not denied their Constitutional rights then I have no problem what anyone does. My point is that there are real Christian churches and wolves in sheep's clothing. That is the point I am making.

That is fine. Christian churches will not be forced to perform gay weddings.

But wiccan groups should be able to do so, and the federal gov't should recognize them.

As long as no one is forced to recognize something against their religion, then people can do what they want.

And the gov't should recognize those marriages and any civil ceremony weddings?

I believe marriage laws are a state matter.

I understand there are "gay churches". However, they are not Christian. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. They are deceived because they do not follow scripture as their foundation.

Your opinion only.
I belong to a church that follows the teachings of Christ.
You can believe what you want to at your church and I support that.
I can believe what I want to at my church.
What I say does not make you wrong on your religous beliefs.
What you say does not make me wrong on my religous beliefs.
THAT is what this country WAS FOUNDED ON.
Religous beliefs do not make the LAW.
You do not determine if someone else is Christian or not.
Jesus never said anything negative about gays. "Love thy neighbor" is in the Bible more times than any other quote.
Gay folks are accepted as equals in my church. We are no less Christian than you.
You can claim it all you want but we are not deceived.
We accept everyone AS CHRIST DID.

Your opinion only.
Jesus never said anything negative about gays. "Love thy neighbor" is in the Bible more times than any other quote.
Gay folks are accepted as equals in my church. We are no less Christian than you.

Jesus said marriage was a man and a woman.

Your opinion only.

Along with tons of other things you are ignoring.

Love they neighbor.

Obama is a Christian. He is also the leader of your nation. Show yourself to be a Christian, rather than a joke.

You just inserted religion into a government debate.

You lose.

Nope. I inserted thousands of years of civilized culture. You're confused, dear.

You're wrong, sweetums. It's only been roughly 150 years that civilization got weird about 'teh gays.'

Thanks, butterbuns.

Civilization has viewed marriage as a man and a woman for thousands of years, dear. It's only recently that gays have decided to claim they are being victimized by not being able to get married. The demand is from the homosexuals to accept homosexual marriage, cutie pie.

Your opinion only.

Along with tons of other things you are ignoring.

Love they neighbor.

Obama is a Christian. He is also the leader of your nation. Show yourself to be a Christian, rather than a joke.

I'm not ignoring anything. All I said was Jesus said marriage was a man and a woman. Don't blame me. Take it up with Jesus.

Your opinion only.

No, Jesus never defined marriage as monogamy of any kind as the accepted way of the culture never prohibited polygamy. Complementarity, one man-one woman, is NOT God's ironclad rule for marriages as defined in the Bible because scripture makes exceptions for other situations like a. polygamy and b. divorce.
The fact that there are CLEARLY stated Biblical exceptions to Complementarity proves your absolutist view wrong.
Please read Corinthians 7:1-9. "Everyone should have an orientation compatible partner"

Your opinion only.

No, Jesus never defined marriage as monogamy of any kind as the accepted way of the culture never prohibited polygamy. Complementarity, one man-one woman, is NOT God's ironclad rule for marriages as defined in the Bible because scripture makes exceptions for other situations like a. polygamy and b. divorce.
The fact that there are CLEARLY stated Biblical exceptions to Complementarity proves your absolutist view wrong.
Please read Corinthians 7:1-9. "Everyone should have an orientation compatible partner"

Um.....okay. Matthew 19 states the words of Jesus very clearly: "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh.[/U] Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Which Corinthians are you speaking of, First Corinthians or second Corinthians?

Last edited:

Um.....okay. Matthew 19 states the words of Jesus very clearly: "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh.[/U] Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

roflmao!!

Because, - what. It'd kill you to pick up a bible and find out for yourself?

:lol:

As long as they do not violate the US Constitution.

Agree. Marriage is a man and a woman. That violates nothing.

You lose.

No he didn't. Saying marriage is between a man and a woman isn't a religious statement.

However marriage was initially the domain of the church; when the church actually was the government. Then the government horned in. And it's still trying to horn in, thanks to people like you.

roflmao!!

Because, - what. It'd kill you to pick up a bible and find out for yourself?

:lol:

Not my job to back up your points. It's yours.

Agree. Marriage is a man and a woman. That violates nothing.

You lose.

No he didn't. Saying marriage is between a man and a woman isn't a religious statement.

However marriage was initially the domain of the church; when the church actually was the government. Then the government horned in. And it's still trying to horn in, thanks to people like you.

Yes it is. That's what he is basing it on.

He's a fundy.

Forum List

Back