A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

You are correct. I thought that the Lawrence decision invalidated sodomy laws, but apparently some states either ignore that decision or feel it is narrow in scope.

I would point out, though, that every case you linked involves more than just consensual sex between adults. They all involve minors or rape. They weren't even all homosexual sex. So, hopefully, there aren't many adults being charged just for having consensual sex.

You are correct. I thought that the Lawrence decision invalidated sodomy laws, but apparently some states either ignore that decision or feel it is narrow in scope.

I would point out, though, that every case you linked involves more than just consensual sex between adults. They all involve minors or rape. They weren't even all homosexual sex. So, hopefully, there aren't many adults being charged just for having consensual sex.

Sodomy is still sodomy no matter the age. Sodomy is what type of act?

In Lawrence v. Texas, the US Supreme Court held:

"Held: The Texas statute making it a crime for two persons of the same sex to engage in certain intimate sexual conduct violates the Due Process Clause. Pp. 3—18."

LAWRENCE V. TEXAS

Again, there's a minor involved.

The point I'm making has to do with the Lawrence decision and the fact that some states and courts have interpreted it to be narrow in scope. They feel that it does not invalidate sodomy laws when they involve minors, or sex acts in public, only those done in private between consenting adults.

Sodomy is still sodomy no matter the age. Sodomy is what type of act?

Private?

Sodomy is what type of act?

OH and brother and sister acts of love are also private do we allow that?

If you would like to show me where the SCOTUS has ruled in favor of incest, I would be happy to read it.

I notice you didn't answer my question. Are you in favor of making oral sex between consenting adults (or married couples) illegal?

The point I'm making has to do with the Lawrence decision and the fact that some states and courts have interpreted it to be narrow in scope. They feel that it does not invalidate sodomy laws when they involve minors, or sex acts in public, only those done in private between consenting adults.

It seems as though bigrebnc wants the gov't to monitor activities in people's bedrooms. I have no doubt he would volunteer for such duty. lol

If you would like to show me where the SCOTUS has ruled in favor of incest, I would be happy to read it.

I notice you didn't answer my question. Are you in favor of making oral sex between consenting adults (or married couples) illegal?

Why do I need to answer your question since you want answer mine?

Is their any Supreme court ruling that gives gays right to marry?

It seems as though bigrebnc wants the gov't to monitor activities in people's bedrooms. I have no doubt he would volunteer for such duty. lol

So you support brothers and sisters marring each other?

From your link:

"The Barbour County Sheriff’s Office announced the arrests late Friday morning in a press release. Deputies first learned of the alleged crimes on Feb. 28 when they received a report that a Eufaula child had been sexually assaulted and that there were multiple suspects involved."

Can you show us any arrests that do not involve children or rape?

Or rather, I am not answering yours because you refuse to answer mine? Since I did pose my question first.

Also, my question is relevant to the views on sodomy.

From your link:

"The Barbour County Sheriff’s Office announced the arrests late Friday morning in a press release. Deputies first learned of the alleged crimes on Feb. 28 when they received a report that a Eufaula child had been sexually assaulted and that there were multiple suspects involved."

But it's a teenager who's being charged with sodomy does it give the age of the child who was sodomized? The child could have been a teenager also.

Or rather, I am not answering yours because you refuse to answer mine? Since I did pose my question first.

Also, my question is relevant to the views on sodomy.

I have asked you since this discussion of same sex marriage started. So do you drag your knuckles like you drag your feet?

I see that you are back to changing what I say into what you wish I had said.

Unless you can show where I said anything in favor of incest, I think you are guilty of not only twisting my words, but making up what I said. And weren't you the one refusing to continue a discussion with me because you claimed I did that?

Hypocrisy is a lousy debate technique.

Unless you can show where I said anything in favor of incest, I think you are guilty of not only twisting my words, but making up what I said. And weren't you the one refusing to continue a discussion with me because you claimed I did that?

Nothing has changed especially your refusal to answer a comment.

From your link:

But it's a teenager who's being charged with sodomy does it give the age of the child who was sodomized? The child could have been a teenager also.

Since the article referred to one as a "teenager" and one as a "child" it is a reasonable assumption that the child was much younger.

And the word "assault" doesn't have any bearing on it?

Again, show us links to arrests made that do not include children or rape.

Fine. I do not support brothers and sisters marrying each other.

And your answer to my question?

I didn't say anything changed in the discussion. I called you out on a blatant lie or at least making a claim that I said something I did not.

You know, like you had a hissy fit claiming I did?

Forum List

Back