A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

I want to address this directly and separately. You have used loving vs Virginia numerous times and expect me to think it's not your intent to equate mixed marriages with gay marriages? I call bullshit.

What I posted was: "Nah, I'm not bitter. I'll just keep fighting for change in the laws. And one day, hopefully soon, gays will be able to marry. And a decade or so after that, people will look back and be amazed that people fought against it. Like we do when we look back at the days before and just after Loving v. Virginia. "

Now, since you seem incapable of comprehending, I will break it down for you.

"Nah, I'm not bitter" I have no emotional investment in your opinion or your issues. I am a happy, well adjusted man. I am not bitter.

"I'll just keep fighting for change in the laws." I think gays should be able to marry and have their marriages (or civil unions if semantics is the real issue) be recognized like straight marriages are. I will continue to put whatever pressure I can on law makers to change the laws.

"And one day, hopefully soon, gays will be able to marry." My wish that my work will be successful, and that it will happen sooner rather than later.

"And a decade or so after that, people will look back and be amazed that people fought against it." I think after a while people will no longer see it as an issue and will wonder why people fought against it so hard.

" Like we do when we look back at the days before and just after Loving v. Virginia." The key part is is "Like we do when we look back". In other words, the way we look at the issue of interracial marriage today will be the way we look at gay marriage in the future. I am not comparing the two issues. I am comparing the way people view issues that were once controversial and are now commonplace.

Did that help?

But you have used loving vs Virginia as a reference for gay marriage true or false?

False

And the bullying, name-calling, and hostility had no bearing on it at all?

Queers are not the only people being bullied.

What about Fat Kids? Skinny Kids? Redhaired Kids? Kids that wear Glasses? Etc., etc., etc.

These groups do not claim they are committing suicide at a higher rate because they are bullied.

...yet, I'm supposed to believe that bullied queers commit suicide more because they are bullied?

They aren't? Do a quick Google search on teen suicide. You will see article after article on teens who committed suicide because they were being bullied.

from: Bullying and teen suicide: Q&A with crisis interventionalist Gregory Cooper, BSN, RN : Christiana Care News

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 20 percent of high school kids are being bullied, but that number is probably quite low, because bullying primarily happens in middle school. Suicide is the third-leading cause of death in 10- to-24-year-olds, and several studies show a correlation between bullying and adolescent suicide."

There's a correlation between being gay and suicide, as well.

Gayness causes suicide!

What I posted was: "Nah, I'm not bitter. I'll just keep fighting for change in the laws. And one day, hopefully soon, gays will be able to marry. And a decade or so after that, people will look back and be amazed that people fought against it. Like we do when we look back at the days before and just after Loving v. Virginia. "

Now, since you seem incapable of comprehending, I will break it down for you.

"Nah, I'm not bitter" I have no emotional investment in your opinion or your issues. I am a happy, well adjusted man. I am not bitter.

"I'll just keep fighting for change in the laws." I think gays should be able to marry and have their marriages (or civil unions if semantics is the real issue) be recognized like straight marriages are. I will continue to put whatever pressure I can on law makers to change the laws.

"And one day, hopefully soon, gays will be able to marry." My wish that my work will be successful, and that it will happen sooner rather than later.

"And a decade or so after that, people will look back and be amazed that people fought against it." I think after a while people will no longer see it as an issue and will wonder why people fought against it so hard.

" Like we do when we look back at the days before and just after Loving v. Virginia." The key part is is "Like we do when we look back". In other words, the way we look at the issue of interracial marriage today will be the way we look at gay marriage in the future. I am not comparing the two issues. I am comparing the way people view issues that were once controversial and are now commonplace.

Did that help?

But you have used loving vs Virginia as a reference for gay marriage true or false?

False
Have you ever used Loving vs. Virginia in any of these discussions regarding gay marriage?

Well, I disagree.

The intention is not evil, or to "undermine the traditional family." Queers don't qive a second thought to traditional families: They are completely egocentric, hedonistic behaviorial deviants who could give a flip about anything except their own obscene desires.

Kind of a wild generalization, isn't it? There are plenty of gay couple who have been in stable, monogamous relationships for years, even decades. But you want to prevent them from marrying because of what you saw in a gay bar or gay pride parade? lol

Why would I need to see a "gay pride parade?"

I don't consider it a wild generalization to define heterosexual behaviour as normal, and homosexual behaviour as deviant.

When you make statements like, "They are completely egocentric, hedonistic behaviorial deviants who could give a flip about anything except their own obscene desires", you are not addressing a sexual deviancy. You are addressing an entire lifestyle that does not apply to many, many homosexuals.

What about Fat Kids? Skinny Kids? Redhaired Kids? Kids that wear Glasses? Etc., etc., etc.

These groups do not claim they are committing suicide at a higher rate because they are bullied.

...yet, I'm supposed to believe that bullied queers commit suicide more because they are bullied?

They aren't? Do a quick Google search on teen suicide. You will see article after article on teens who committed suicide because they were being bullied.

from: Bullying and teen suicide: Q&A with crisis interventionalist Gregory Cooper, BSN, RN : Christiana Care News

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 20 percent of high school kids are being bullied, but that number is probably quite low, because bullying primarily happens in middle school. Suicide is the third-leading cause of death in 10- to-24-year-olds, and several studies show a correlation between bullying and adolescent suicide."

Gayness causes suicide!

Boy, you are still building with straw, huh?

Gayness causes suicide!

Boy, you are still building with straw, huh?

No you have used up all straw there is no more.

False
Have you ever used Loving vs. Virginia in any of these discussions regarding gay marriage?

You are really fishing hard here, aren't you?

I used Loving v. Virginia to show that the higher courts have ruled that marriage is a right.

I used Loving v. Virginia as a point in time to compare the views on topics that were once considered controversial and are no longer seen that way.

I did not, have not, and will not compare homosexuality and race.

And the bullying, name-calling, and hostility had no bearing on it at all?

Perfect example of Queers' Egocentricity: You take an article about bullying, and insist that is is about Queer Teen Suicide.

Here is what your article REALLY says:

Q: Is there a typical victim?

Cooper: In general, what puts you more at risk for bullying is being an outlier. That is, being someone who is quiet or passive, someone of a different sexual orientation, somebody who has friendship difficulties or low self-esteem.

OK so Passive people are bullied: Do Passive People commit suicide more?

Do people with LOW SELF ESTEEM commit suicide because they are bullied OR BECAUSE THEY HAVE LOW SELF ESTEEM????

I used Loving v. Virginia to show that the higher courts have ruled that marriage is a right.

I used Loving v. Virginia as a point in time to compare the views on topics that were once considered controversial and are no longer seen that way.

In a nut shell you are comparing race to gay marriage.

Even if marriage is a right, homosexuals have the right to get married.

They aren't banned from marriage because they're gay. Nobody gives a shit about who they poke (despite their frantic insistence otherwise). Gay people get married all the time. Look at these guys who got married:

king-richard-lionheart-2-sized.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-05-07-at-8.28.45-AM-460x307.png

images

See, gay people get married all the time. There's your evidence that they're not being prevented from getting married.

Perfect example of Queers' Egocentricity: You take an article about bullying, and insist that is is about Queer Teen Suicide.

Cooper: In general, what puts you more at risk for bullying is being an outlier. That is, being someone who is quiet or passive, someone of a different sexual orientation, somebody who has friendship difficulties or low self-esteem.

Do people with LOW SELF ESTEEM commit suicide because they are bullied OR BECAUSE THEY HAVE LOW SELF ESTEEM????

The link I posted was not aimed at anything said about gays. It was a response to your claim "Queers are not the only people being bullied.

These groups do not claim they are committing suicide at a higher rate because they are bullied."

That is why I posted "They aren't?". Which wouldn't have made sense unless I was referring to your claim that those groups weren't claiming bullying wasn't a factor in suicides.

So I corrected your misconception. You are quite welcome for the education.

Why ask me the question if you are going to decide what my answer is regardless of what I say?

I am sorry that your reading comprehension skills are so bad that the mere presence of the words "Loving v. Virginia" only mean that I am comparing them to gay marriage.

But your inability to understand what I wrote, rewrote with an explanation, and finally explained yet again.

No, I did not compare race to gay marriage. But since yuo are the one who threw such a hissy fit about lying and twisting words, show me where I made a comparison between race and gay marriage. Time to put up or shut up.

Even if marriage is a right, homosexuals have the right to get married.

They aren't banned from marriage because they're gay. Nobody gives a shit about who they poke (despite their frantic insistence otherwise). Gay people get married all the time. Look at these guys who got married:

king-richard-lionheart-2-sized.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-05-07-at-8.28.45-AM-460x307.png

images

See, gay people get married all the time. There's your evidence that they're not being prevented from getting married.

obama biden the first true gay administration
’ I promise you, the President has a big stick. I promise you.”
joe%252520biden%252520measures%252520Obama%252527s%252520big%252520stick-8x6.jpg

Why ask me the question if you are going to decide what my answer is regardless of what I say?

I am sorry that your reading comprehension skills are so bad that the mere presence of the words "Loving v. Virginia" only mean that I am comparing them to gay marriage.

But your inability to understand what I wrote, rewrote with an explanation, and finally explained yet again.

No, I did not compare race to gay marriage. But since yuo are the one who threw such a hissy fit about lying and twisting words, show me where I made a comparison between race and gay marriage. Time to put up or shut up.

I wanted to see how far you would carry that lie.

Nobody gives a shit about who they poke (despite their frantic insistence otherwise).

Quite the contrary. People do seem inordinately interested in who they poke.

In fact, one of those on your side in this thread has insisted that all sodomy should be illegal. And has also insisted, despite being repeatedly shown the SCOTUS ruling, that it is currently illegal in many states.

Oh, I don't want to leave out the wimmins, who are also free to marry regardless of their sexual preference:

images

The link I posted was not aimed at anything said about gays. It was a response to your claim "Queers are not the only people being bullied.

These groups do not claim they are committing suicide at a higher rate because they are bullied."

That is why I posted "They aren't?". Which wouldn't have made sense unless I was referring to your claim that those groups weren't claiming bullying wasn't a factor in suicides.

So I corrected your misconception. You are quite welcome for the education.

Good, then we are agreed: Queers are not being bullied more than other groups, but they are commiting suicide at a higher rate.

Therefore the Queer suicide rate is a fuction of their Queerness, not of being bullied.

I wanted to see how far you would carry that lie.

I see you are quick to call names and make claims, but cannot backup your statements.

Typical.

If I am lying, show me where I compared race and gay marriage.

Forum List

Back