A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

Why should they move? No straights have to move so they can get married.

If they loved them enough and wanted to marry them they would move. I guess they don't love each other to move to more gay friendly states.

Some straights have went out of state to marry because of some of their states marriage laws.

Yeah, they should move, lose their good jobs, leave their family & friends behind, and go someplace else. Just to show that they love each other enough. And especially since jobs are so easy to find these days.

Stick with your stories of pre-school sex. It shows you are sick, not just an asshole.

Don't be bitter, or be bitter I just don't care.

You know why. Unless you are really as stupid as you act on this board - no clue why I have thought otherwise. I have GOT to stop giving people with IQ's in the lower 60's the benefit of the doubt.

Lord knows how you find your way online every day.

I had to go down to South Carolina to get married the second time I know plenty of people who had to go to south carolina to get married.

Why was that?
None of you're god damn business that's why.

They can't get married. If they want to get married, do what the rest of us do...settle in with a person of the opposite sex.

Should single people who don't want to be married be afforded the title of "married" as well, if they want it? Just because? Cuz after all, if they want it and can't have it..isn't that "discrimination"?

Serious strawman you built there. Can I offer you a match?

the 14th amendment is not an umbrella amendment that gives right to illegal acts.

Again with the baseless claim of "illegal acts".

We been here before, but your stupid to keep posting it

Sodomy is an illegal act.

Yes we have been here before. And you posted some links to crimes about rape and child molestation. (which does make more sense now)

But you are conveniently ignoring the ruling by the highest court in the nation. And that ruling made all those laws against consenting adults engaging in acts of their choosing completely null and void.

Here's the thing with choices...we all have to make them. And we all have to live with the consequences.

Say a person wants to work at a certain job...but they can't do it from where they live. They have the choice of moving to the jobsite, or staying put. It's their choice...now if they decide to stay, should somebody still pay them as if they took the job in the other locale? Should a job be CREATED so they can work at the job they want, earn the money they want...but not have to actually go to where the work is?

Homosexual people can marry just the same as we all do. They choose not to, and that's a valid choice...not everybody wants to be married.

But if they make the choice the consequence is that THEY AREN'T MARRIED. They aren't half of a married couple. Because they chose a different path.

And they shouldn't be penalized for making that choice. And they aren't.

But they shouldn't reap the benefits of making the choice...when they didn't choose it.

They can't get married. If they want to get married, do what the rest of us do...settle in with a person of the opposite sex.

Should single people who don't want to be married be afforded the title of "married" as well, if they want it? Just because? Cuz after all, if they want it and can't have it..isn't that "discrimination"?

Not a straw man at all. The strawman is the repeated lie that homosexuals are being "denied" the right to marry.

They aren't. They have the exact same right to marry as we all do.

If they loved them enough and wanted to marry them they would move. I guess they don't love each other to move to more gay friendly states.

Some straights have went out of state to marry because of some of their states marriage laws.

Yeah, they should move, lose their good jobs, leave their family & friends behind, and go someplace else. Just to show that they love each other enough. And especially since jobs are so easy to find these days.

Stick with your stories of pre-school sex. It shows you are sick, not just an asshole.

Nah, I'm not bitter. I'll just keep fighting for change in the laws. And one day, hopefully soon, gays will be able to marry. And a decade or so after that, people will look back and be amazed that people fought against it. Like we do when we look back at the days before and just after Loving v. Virginia.

Nah, I'm not bitter. I'll just keep fighting for change in the laws. And one day, hopefully soon, gays will be able to marry. And a decade or so after that, people will look back and be amazed that people fought against it. Like we do when we look back at the days before and just after Loving v. Virginia.

loving vs Virginia was about what? Race or the illegal act of homosexuality?

Not a straw man at all. The strawman is the repeated lie that homosexuals are being "denied" the right to marry.

The relevant point is that queers want to be issued a LEGAL marriage license.

Obviously, they can "play house" like any normal couple.

All deviants hope, quite in vain, that if their behavior can be legally defined as normal, then social acceptance will follow.

One is not surprised to find that this erroneous belief would prevail among the defective: There is no example of it ever being the case.

I married the person I love. My brothers did the same. But my sister is not allowed to do so.

That certainly sounds like denial to me.

All deviants hope, quite in vain, that if their behavior can be legally defined as normal, then social acceptance will follow.

One is not surprised to find that this erroneous belief would prevail among the defective: There is no example of it ever being the case.

I think you overestimate the value of social acceptance to gays. If that was so important they would have stayed in the closet.

What most want is the 1,400 benefits allowed by federal, state and local laws.

Actually..there is.

Divorce....praised to the skies in the 60s and 70s, into the 80s, as the salvation of happy marriages and joyful children....no fault divorce was made the norm, and people flocked and still flock to get divorced.

And homosexuality itself. Once considered a crime...in the 60s, 70s and 80s a lot of people worked very hard (including using very bad studies a la Kinsey) to promote the idea that homosexuality was "normal". Law was changed to allow it.

And now, years later, we are learning...no fault divorce creates easy divorce, and leads to broken families..and broken families lead to dysfunctional children, who in turn are lame and halt, productively speaking, as adults.

Homosexuality was touted as 100 percent inherited, natural, perfectly acceptable. We were told fully 10 percent of the population was born gay...

All lies of course. But people believe it still, and homosexuals are accepted and encouraged to test it out from a very young age.

I didn't equate homosexuality and racism. I equated the view of that racism now with the view people will have of this fight we are having now.

I asked you to post arrests and prosecutions of sodomy that didn't involve rape, sexual assault, public sex, or children. Ever find any?

Sex between consenting gay adults has not been illegal since the US Supreme Court made their ruling. That is kinda how the system works.

I think you overestimate the value of social acceptance to gays. If that was so important they would have stayed in the closet.

Single people would like those benefits, too.

Shall we call them married as well?

I didn't equate homosexuality and racism. I equated the view of that racism now with the view people will have of this fight we are having now.

I asked you to post arrests and prosecutions of sodomy that didn't involve rape, sexual assault, public sex, or children. Ever find any?

Sex between consenting gay adults has not been illegal since the US Supreme Court made their ruling. That is kinda how the system works.

I didn't equate homosexuality and racism.
Why are you referencing a court case specifically about race in a same sex marriage discussion?

I see.

Then anyone that wants their cat to receive 1,400 benefits allowed by federal, state and local laws should marry Sylvester.

Frankly, as one of the payees into the benefits alowed by government, I'm not convinced that Sylvester is really worthy of my funding just because their owner says they love him.

Single people would like those benefits, too.

Shall we call them married as well?

You must have quite a supply of straw.

Since most of teh benefits involve something between the partners, offering them to singles would be rather silly. Should a single person be able to make decisions for his own healthcare in the event he is unable to make his own decisions? Should a single person adopt, and later die, should the single person be able to maintain his parental status? See?

Actually..there is.

Divorce....praised to the skies in the 60s and 70s, into the 80s, as the salvation of happy marriages and joyful children....no fault divorce was made the norm, and people flocked and still flock to get divorced.

And homosexuality itself. Once considered a crime...in the 60s, 70s and 80s a lot of people worked very hard (including using very bad studies a la Kinsey) to promote the idea that homosexuality was "normal". Law was changed to allow it.

And now, years later, we are learning...no fault divorce creates easy divorce, and leads to broken families..and broken families lead to dysfunctional children, who in turn are lame and halt, productively speaking, as adults.

Homosexuality was touted as 100 percent inherited, natural, perfectly acceptable. We were told fully 10 percent of the population was born gay...

All lies of course. But people believe it still, and homosexuals are accepted and encouraged to test it out from a very young age.

What she said

Forum List

Back