A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

And since my sister wants to marry her partner of 20 years, and their best friends are men who have been together even longer, - and they cannot wed?

No. They DON'T 'have the same rights.' They cannot marry the person who is free to marry them, simply because they are "the wrong gender."

That is life. Just because you "WANT" to marry someone does not make it right. Children "want" to marry their parents when they are young. It does not make it right.

So your determination of what is right and wrong is the gauge for all the rest of us?

Why do you hate freedom and liberty?

What about the "freedom and liberty" of the families that are destroyed by homosexual behavior? What about the people that are given diseases that financially ruin families because of homosexual activities. Freedom and liberty imply RESPONSIBILITY for your own actions. You want to make the choice of going against traditional marriage, fine. There is a price to pay for taking your own path. Most of us know that, and bear our burden in silence. For some reason (could it be when people have sex at a young age, their emotional development is stunted), homosexuals want everyone to feel sorry for them and give them more "rights" than everyone else has.

redefinemarriage.jpg

In the places many of your homosexual activists friends visit, girls are "sold" for much less.

"The idea of gay marriage is not taking anything away from marriage, but adding to it."... Is this like having a great drink, and "adding" water... to make it "more"? Homosexual marriage will do nothing to make heterosexual marriage better. It will make marriage less.

How will it make it less? And please be specific.

Marriage (in this country) is a legal, binding contract that goes beyond a piece of paper to family and community. Marriage builds families, communities, cities, states, and countries. Homosexual marriage is about two people that do not care about their families, communities, cities, states or countries until after they get what they want. Them forcing the change of definition is to LEGALLY state that what they are doing is not wrong. According to the major religions, it is wrong. This way, they force their beliefs onto others and marriage becomes two people with a contract, a legal agreement, nothing more. It is no longer about building families and communities. It is a tool to take from gov't programs. Their children are taken from others (adoption) or the opposite sex (that they cannot stand) is USED to get the part it takes to make a child.

"Homosexual marriage is about two people that do not care about their families, communities, cities, states or countries until after they get what they want."

How in the hell can you claim to know that? How do you know what all gay couples want or care about?

Who told you homosexuals cannot stand the opposite sex? I am sure there are those who can't, just like there are straights that can't stand one or the other. But to make this blanket accusation (which is bullshit) and then try to use this lie as an argument is just pitiful.

All children go thru stages of wondering about how they came to be, can you imagine the mental damage: Yeah my parent is homosexual. They hate the opposite sex. I was mastrubated into a cup and put in a turkey baster so the opposite sex did not have to be "touched". I wonder how long that cup or turkey baster was sitting out, and if I would have been different if two people that loved each other had wanted to have a child and so had sex. My parent says they love me, but all they talk about is how their sexual preference comes before everything and everybody...

How would it have been different if two people loved each other and had sex to create a child than if two people love each other and go thru the process of artificial insemination to create a child? I guess the big difference that comes to my mind is that no child of gay parents would ever wonder if they were an accident.

Please look at a previous post of mine with several links showing studies that found children being raised by gay parents are not at a disadvantage.

That is life. Just because you "WANT" to marry someone does not make it right. Children "want" to marry their parents when they are young. It does not make it right.

So your determination of what is right and wrong is the gauge for all the rest of us?

What about the "freedom and liberty" of the families that are destroyed by homosexual behavior? What about the people that are given diseases that financially ruin families because of homosexual activities. Freedom and liberty imply RESPONSIBILITY for your own actions. You want to make the choice of going against traditional marriage, fine. There is a price to pay for taking your own path. Most of us know that, and bear our burden in silence. For some reason (could it be when people have sex at a young age, their emotional development is stunted), homosexuals want everyone to feel sorry for them and give them more "rights" than everyone else has.

First of all, no one is asking for more rights for gays than for others.

Second of all, whatever "destruction" happens due to straights cheating on their spouses with same-sex partners has nothing to do with gay marriage.

Winterborn, Here is a good article that explains the societal dangers of gay marriage: Articles: Gay Marriage: The Hidden Agenda

Ok, I found a few lines in the article that are obviously BS.

"Not a single society in the long history of mankind has ever attempted to substitute homosexual relationships for traditional marriage." No one is substituting gay relationships for marriage.

"Radical movements are merely battalions of the revolutionary army, each charged with a particular subversive task. Undoubtedly, the overwhelming majority of rank-and-file gays are well-meaning people who have sincerely bought into the myth peddled by their leaders that the marriage license is the ultimate token of recognition of their normalcy. They know not what they are doing. But the wizards behind the curtain know better, and there shouldn't be any illusions about their intentions: they want nothing less than to bring down the capitalist system, and they view their movement as a battering ram to shatter its principal bastion, America. Bringing down the traditional family is a crucial step in that direction."

So its all a plot to destroy America? And even most of the gays involved are unaware of the plot? lol How does that tinfoil hat fit?

The entire article continues the "Marriage has always been..." and "it will destroy the institution of marriage" arguments. Still vague answers and nonsense.

As for the nonsense, "Aside from the tremendous damage same-sex marriage does to the well-being and normal development of children..."

"Researchers looked at information gleaned from 15 studies on more than 500 children, evaluating possible stigma, teasing and social isolation, adjustment and self-esteem, opposite gender role models, sexual orientation, and strengths.

Studies from 1981 to 1994, including 260 children reared by either heterosexual mothers or same-sex mothers after divorce, found no differences in intelligence, type or prevalence of psychiatric disorders, self-esteem, well-being, peer relationships, couple relationships, or parental stress.

"Some studies showed that single heterosexual parents' children have more difficulties than children who have parents of the same sex," Perrin says. "They did better in discipline, self-esteem, and had less psychosocial difficulties at home and at school."

Another study of 37 children of 27 divorced lesbian mothers and a similar number of children of heterosexual mothers found no differences in behavior, adjustment, gender identity, and peer relationships."

from: Children with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Parents | American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

"Sometimes people are concerned that children being raised by a gay parent will need extra emotional support or face unique social stressors.Current research shows that children with gay and lesbian parents do not differ from children with heterosexual parents in their emotional development or in their relationships with peers and adults. It is important for parents to understand that it is the the quality of the parent/child relationship and not the parent’s sexual orientation that has an effect on a child’s development.

Children raised by gay couples show good progress through school

Same-sex couples can be effective parents, researchers find - USATODAY.com

So the arguments that it is tremendously damaging to the well-being and normal development of children are bunk. That leaves the same old "It will destroy marriage" and "They are out to destroy America" arguments.

Just one anecdotal piece of evidence. My 3 kids from my first marriage lived with my ex and her partner for about half of their lives. I was very involved, but my work requires travel. All three exhibit some similar characteristics. None of them were ever disciplinary problems (2 were never sent to the principal's office). All 3 graduated with honors from high school, one of them with a GPA of 4.28. All three graduated from a major university, one of them with more honors than I can list. All 3 have had serious relationships with the opposite gender (one is engaged, one is in a long-term relationship). In short, they are as close to perfect kids as you can ask for.

Homosexual Parenting Studies Are Flawed, Report Says | Fox News Homosexual Parenting Studies Are Flawed, Report Says

Timothy J. Dailey Ph.D. -- Homosexual Parenting: Placing children at risk Homosexual Parenting: Placing children at risk

Welcome to ForTheChildrenInc. Homosexuality: Bad For Children

Just some links presenting the opposite view.

Yes, homosexual marriage is "substituting" homosexual marriage for traditional marriage. That is why they claim they are the "same" as a married heterosexual couple.

A plot to destroy the country? Check history, destroying the traditional family is the first step of MANIPULATION. After that, it gets worse.

The No-Fault Divorce law didn't do anything. It is the couples involved, and their lack of committment that did any damage.

BTW, gay marriage certainly doesn't force anyone to accept and condone promiscuity. In fact, it does quite the opposite.

Most gay men DO accept infidelity as a "normal" part of their relationship.

If both partners in the relationship accept it, why is it any of our business?

There are straight swingers who also practice non-monogamous marriages. In fact, there are estimates of as many as 1.5 million people who are swingers. If both partners know about it and are ok with it, why should anyone else worry about it? Its none of our business.

It is sad when presented with facts that you said weren't factual, your response is: they did it too!
Yes, there are deviants in heterosexual marriage (they are the exception, not the norm). On the other hand... in homosexual relationships, it is "normal".
Why should anyone else worry about it: police have to deal with the mess after violence breaks out as a result of infidelity/ gov't agencies have to deal with the children from broken homes/ the health care system has additional burdens from the obvious health problems that occur/ communities are torn and corrupted when people find out (and they ALWAYS find out). Again, sad that so many people think it is their duty to point out all the dangers of smoking/drinking/eating unhealthy to perfect strangers think that having the community support the bad decisions of unhealthy sexual relations is a GOOD thing.

Winterborn, Here is a good article that explains the societal dangers of gay marriage: Articles: Gay Marriage: The Hidden Agenda

"Not a single society in the long history of mankind has ever attempted to substitute homosexual relationships for traditional marriage." No one is substituting gay relationships for marriage.

"Radical movements are merely battalions of the revolutionary army, each charged with a particular subversive task. Undoubtedly, the overwhelming majority of rank-and-file gays are well-meaning people who have sincerely bought into the myth peddled by their leaders that the marriage license is the ultimate token of recognition of their normalcy. They know not what they are doing. But the wizards behind the curtain know better, and there shouldn't be any illusions about their intentions: they want nothing less than to bring down the capitalist system, and they view their movement as a battering ram to shatter its principal bastion, America. Bringing down the traditional family is a crucial step in that direction."

So its all a plot to destroy America? And even most of the gays involved are unaware of the plot? lol How does that tinfoil hat fit?

The entire article continues the "Marriage has always been..." and "it will destroy the institution of marriage" arguments. Still vague answers and nonsense.

As for the nonsense, "Aside from the tremendous damage same-sex marriage does to the well-being and normal development of children..."

"Researchers looked at information gleaned from 15 studies on more than 500 children, evaluating possible stigma, teasing and social isolation, adjustment and self-esteem, opposite gender role models, sexual orientation, and strengths.

Studies from 1981 to 1994, including 260 children reared by either heterosexual mothers or same-sex mothers after divorce, found no differences in intelligence, type or prevalence of psychiatric disorders, self-esteem, well-being, peer relationships, couple relationships, or parental stress.

"Some studies showed that single heterosexual parents' children have more difficulties than children who have parents of the same sex," Perrin says. "They did better in discipline, self-esteem, and had less psychosocial difficulties at home and at school."

Another study of 37 children of 27 divorced lesbian mothers and a similar number of children of heterosexual mothers found no differences in behavior, adjustment, gender identity, and peer relationships."

from: Children with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Parents | American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

"Sometimes people are concerned that children being raised by a gay parent will need extra emotional support or face unique social stressors.Current research shows that children with gay and lesbian parents do not differ from children with heterosexual parents in their emotional development or in their relationships with peers and adults. It is important for parents to understand that it is the the quality of the parent/child relationship and not the parent’s sexual orientation that has an effect on a child’s development.

So the arguments that it is tremendously damaging to the well-being and normal development of children are bunk. That leaves the same old "It will destroy marriage" and "They are out to destroy America" arguments.

Just one anecdotal piece of evidence. My 3 kids from my first marriage lived with my ex and her partner for about half of their lives. I was very involved, but my work requires travel. All three exhibit some similar characteristics. None of them were ever disciplinary problems (2 were never sent to the principal's office). All 3 graduated with honors from high school, one of them with a GPA of 4.28. All three graduated from a major university, one of them with more honors than I can list. All 3 have had serious relationships with the opposite gender (one is engaged, one is in a long-term relationship). In short, they are as close to perfect kids as you can ask for.

Homosexual Parenting Studies Are Flawed, Report Says | Fox News Homosexual Parenting Studies Are Flawed, Report Says

Timothy J. Dailey Ph.D. -- Homosexual Parenting: Placing children at risk Homosexual Parenting: Placing children at risk

Yes, homosexual marriage is "substituting" homosexual marriage for traditional marriage. That is why they claim they are the "same" as a married heterosexual couple.

A plot to destroy the country? Check history, destroying the traditional family is the first step of MANIPULATION. After that, it gets worse.

The Timothy J. Dailey article is laughable. First he dismisses the findings of other researchers because of flawed methodology. Then he presents his own findings with the same flawed methodology. lol Yeah, that would convince me.

Also, the FRC is not exactly an unbiased source for research. But its funny that Timothy J. Dailey cites it as a flaw that research is done by openly gay lesbians, but when the research is done by a groups who's stated purpose is to fight homosexuality, we should just accept it. Nice double standard.

Marriage (in this country) is a legal, binding contract that goes beyond a piece of paper to family and community. Marriage builds families, communities, cities, states, and countries. Homosexual marriage is about two people that do not care about their families, communities, cities, states or countries until after they get what they want. Them forcing the change of definition is to LEGALLY state that what they are doing is not wrong. According to the major religions, it is wrong. This way, they force their beliefs onto others and marriage becomes two people with a contract, a legal agreement, nothing more. It is no longer about building families and communities. It is a tool to take from gov't programs. Their children are taken from others (adoption) or the opposite sex (that they cannot stand) is USED to get the part it takes to make a child.

"Homosexual marriage is about two people that do not care about their families, communities, cities, states or countries until after they get what they want."

How in the hell can you claim to know that? How do you know what all gay couples want or care about?

Who told you homosexuals cannot stand the opposite sex? I am sure there are those who can't, just like there are straights that can't stand one or the other. But to make this blanket accusation (which is bullshit) and then try to use this lie as an argument is just pitiful.

All children go thru stages of wondering about how they came to be, can you imagine the mental damage: Yeah my parent is homosexual. They hate the opposite sex. I was mastrubated into a cup and put in a turkey baster so the opposite sex did not have to be "touched". I wonder how long that cup or turkey baster was sitting out, and if I would have been different if two people that loved each other had wanted to have a child and so had sex. My parent says they love me, but all they talk about is how their sexual preference comes before everything and everybody...

How would it have been different if two people loved each other and had sex to create a child than if two people love each other and go thru the process of artificial insemination to create a child? I guess the big difference that comes to my mind is that no child of gay parents would ever wonder if they were an accident.

Please look at a previous post of mine with several links showing studies that found children being raised by gay parents are not at a disadvantage.

It is obvious.

Artificial insemination is similar to the turkey baster, not real thrilled with that one, either.

Second of all, whatever "destruction" happens due to straights cheating on their spouses with same-sex partners has nothing to do with gay marriage.

Will homosexuals be limited to marriage to the same sex? If not, they are asking for "additional" rights, not the same rights.

Most gay men DO accept infidelity as a "normal" part of their relationship.

There are straight swingers who also practice non-monogamous marriages. In fact, there are estimates of as many as 1.5 million people who are swingers. If both partners know about it and are ok with it, why should anyone else worry about it? Its none of our business.

It is sad when presented with facts that you said weren't factual, your response is: they did it too!
Yes, there are deviants in heterosexual marriage (they are the exception, not the norm). On the other hand... in homosexual relationships, it is "normal".
Why should anyone else worry about it: police have to deal with the mess after violence breaks out as a result of infidelity/ gov't agencies have to deal with the children from broken homes/ the health care system has additional burdens from the obvious health problems that occur/ communities are torn and corrupted when people find out (and they ALWAYS find out). Again, sad that so many people think it is their duty to point out all the dangers of smoking/drinking/eating unhealthy to perfect strangers think that having the community support the bad decisions of unhealthy sexual relations is a GOOD thing.

It is sad that you decide to make up facts when you have none.

Can you show me any facts that infidelity is the "norm" in gay relationships? Bear in mind, this is only concerning committed relationships, not single gay men.

Unhealthy sexual relations? Really? Because all of the sexual relations you mentioned are present in straight marriages too. I didn't mention that as a "they do it too" reply. I mentioned it because youwantto use that as a reason to deny gays a marriage, but straights do it with impunity.

Also, when we are talking about consentual open relationships, it is not a huge sources of violence in the household, broken homes or diseases. You are confusing the effects of infidelity with couples being totally aware of outside sexual contacts.

Will homosexuals be limited to marriage to the same sex? If not, they are asking for "additional" rights, not the same rights.

Since straights will not be limited to marriage to the opposite sex, there will be equal rights for all.

It is obvious.

Artificial insemination is similar to the turkey baster, not real thrilled with that one, either.

So what? A couple wants to have a child. They are, for whatever reason, unable to concieve on their own. Who cares what the instruments look like? This is simply a nonsense aside that has no bearing on the topic.

The Timothy J. Dailey article is laughable. First he dismisses the findings of other researchers because of flawed methodology. Then he presents his own findings with the same flawed methodology. lol Yeah, that would convince me.

Also, the FRC is not exactly an unbiased source for research. But its funny that Timothy J. Dailey cites it as a flaw that research is done by openly gay lesbians, but when the research is done by a groups who's stated purpose is to fight homosexuality, we should just accept it. Nice double standard.

I was just pointing out that articles/opinions can be posted for both sides of the conversation. I find your selective dismissals amusing, speaking of double standards.

I was just pointing out that articles/opinions can be posted for both sides of the conversation. I find your selective dismissals amusing, speaking of double standards.

Glad you are amused. Do you have an issue with the basis for my dismissals?

Can you show me any facts that infidelity is the "norm" in gay relationships? Bear in mind, this is only concerning committed relationships, not single gay men.

Unhealthy sexual relations? Really? Because all of the sexual relations you mentioned are present in straight marriages too. I didn't mention that as a "they do it too" reply. I mentioned it because youwantto use that as a reason to deny gays a marriage, but straights do it with impunity.

Also, when we are talking about consentual open relationships, it is not a huge sources of violence in the household, broken homes or diseases. You are confusing the effects of infidelity with couples being totally aware of outside sexual contacts.

Moving the goal posts?
No, most "straight" marriages are not full of infidelity. There is evidence that the majority of traditional marriage has faithful partners.
Swingers and those that "cheat" are not the norm for "straight" marriages. They are not accepted outside of their "corrupt" circles. That is why they are not coming forward to legalize their behavior. When their community finds out, they are "disgraced".
No, there are problems with swingers. I did not say it was a "huge" problem. How many childrens' lives have to be ruined before it is a bad thing?

Moving the goal posts?
No, most "straight" marriages are not full of infidelity. There is evidence that the majority of traditional marriage has faithful partners.
Swingers and those that "cheat" are not the norm for "straight" marriages. They are not accepted outside of their "corrupt" circles. That is why they are not coming forward to legalize their behavior. When their community finds out, they are "disgraced".
No, there are problems with swingers. I did not say it was a "huge" problem. How many childrens' lives have to be ruined before it is a bad thing?

I haven't seen any evidence that gays in committed relationships have problems with infidelity.

And no, I did not move the goalposts. I simply showed that you are not holding straights to the same standards.

Swingers may not be anything like a majority, but their numbers approach what gay marriages would probably approach.

It is obvious.

So what? A couple wants to have a child. They are, for whatever reason, unable to concieve on their own. Who cares what the instruments look like? This is simply a nonsense aside that has no bearing on the topic.

So, you don't think that children should be conceived by loving couples? You think it is a good thing to reject the opposite sex for a relationship, but use them to make a child? You think it is good for children to have one sex removed from their upbringing? Why is it, when you bring up why it is great to have homosexual marriage, and reasons to support it, that you want to dismiss the obvious problems with your reasons?

Incorrect, as usual.

Marriage law is gender-neutral, a contract between two equal partners. Consequently marriage laws are not being ‘changed,’ and no ‘additional rights’ requested, simply an acknowledgement of existing equal access rights as mandated by the 14th Amendment.

Glad you are amused. Do you have an issue with the basis for my dismissals?

It is your opinion. I do not have the authority to change your opinion. I did notice that "bias" was not a word used to support your opinion, though. Just sayin'....

Moving the goal posts?

I haven't seen any evidence that gays in committed relationships have problems with infidelity.

And no, I did not move the goalposts. I simply showed that you are not holding straights to the same standards.

Swingers may not be anything like a majority, but their numbers approach what gay marriages would probably approach.

Did you miss that part where I said that swingers are NOT accepted outside of their corrupt circles?

Forum List

Back