A reminder of how democrats led us to this mess

"It's all THEIR fault! Yeah! THOSE guys, over THERE".

This place really is a hoot.

Yeah, BECAUSE Gov't policy and who is in charge REALLY doesn't matter right Bubs?

Weird the periods where the US was closest to the rights "laissez faire" philosophy, 1920's, 1980's and 2000's was when we had HUGE banksters created crashes right? (GOP Prez's)

Just a coincidence though right?
CMO's were first created in 1987.

They kept growing right through Clinton's term. And Democrats pushed for eased standards and more "fairness" in the home buying process. We were told late in the game by Democrats that Fannie & Freddie were fine. And indeed, the Republicans failed us, too, largely by constantly pushing for fewer regulations.

I realize you're ideologically obligated to only "see" the other side's faults, but blame rests everywhere.

Let me get this straight, liberals say republicans hate the poor and minorities. We only care about the rich. So all of a sudden republicans decided all people deserved a home, even if they couldn't afford it. Then all of a sudden democrats changed their mind on the poor and minorities. Saying only people that can afford a house should be able to get a loan for a house. Screw the poor and minorities. Is that what the liberals on here saying? That only the well off can own a home? So we can run on how liberals hate the poor in the next election?

More right wing crap

jknowgood

Look at the interest rates now and look at what Obama did so people could stay in their homes.
What mandated they had to pay for health insurance? Double food prices. Raised energy rates by 30%, and with closing the coal plants. They say energy prices could go up 80% more. He has out spent all presidents combine. Hasn't done a damn thing for our veterans at the va. More on welfare in our history. Yeah if he helped them keep their home. He sure as hell making sure they won't be able to afford to stay in it.

Uniformed BS talking points NOT based in REALITY. Get off hate talk radio/Faux and grow a brain!

The problem with the conservative movement in America is that it is based on bigotry, hatred, and, greed. Above all, greed. Money is their god. They worship money and the holders of it and despise those who don't have it.
What was wrong with my statements? Liberals are just as greedy, but you want government to get most of it.

Yeah, BECAUSE Gov't policy and who is in charge REALLY doesn't matter right Bubs?

Weird the periods where the US was closest to the rights "laissez faire" philosophy, 1920's, 1980's and 2000's was when we had HUGE banksters created crashes right? (GOP Prez's)

They kept growing right through Clinton's term. And Democrats pushed for eased standards and more "fairness" in the home buying process. We were told late in the game by Democrats that Fannie & Freddie were fine. And indeed, the Republicans failed us, too, largely by constantly pushing for fewer regulations.

I realize you're ideologically obligated to only "see" the other side's faults, but blame rests everywhere.

You mean GOOD GOV'T POLICY UNDER THE DEMS versus VERY bad under the GOP right Bubs?

You do understand Dems pushed home to help with "fairness" by law outlining DISCRIMINATION IS BAD? And under Dems laws, GOV'T ACTUALLY BACKED AND PAID FOR THE PROGRAMS (recognizing SOME would fail)? THAT was how Dems did it right Bubs?

TOLD LATE IN THE GAME F/F WERE OK? They were, as were the five investment banks, WAMU, etc right? HINT IT WAS DUBYA'S POLICY THAT HOSED F/F

DUBYA CHANGED IN 2004 THE RULE THAT CLINTON CREATED THAT STOPPED F/F FROM USING HIGH COST LOANS (COMMONLY CALLED SUBPRIMES) TO MEET THE AFFORDABLE HOUSING GOALS?

That Dubya in 2004 REQUIRED F/F to purchase $440 billion In MBS'S IN THE SECONDARY MARKET

Lastly Dubya changed F/F "affordable housing" goals from 50% to 56% in guess when? 2004!

Q When did the Bush Mortgage Bubble start?

A The general timeframe is it started late 2004.

From Bush’s President’s Working Group on Financial Markets October 2008

“The Presidents Working Group’s March policy statement acknowledged that turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007.”

Q Did the Community Reinvestment Act under Carter/Clinton caused it?

A "Since 1995 there has been essentially no change in the basic CRA rules or enforcement process that can be reasonably linked to the subprime lending activity. This fact weakens the link between the CRA and the current crisis since the crisis is rooted in poor performance of mortgage loans made between 2004 and 2007. "

FACTS on Dubya's great recession | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Lets see, Dubya hoses the GSE's with unrealistic goals and mandates (that Dems warned about in my thread), he cheered on the Banksters, FOUGHT ALL FIFTY STATES (2003) WHO WANTED TO REGULATE THE PREDATORY BANKSTERS, HE GUTTED THE FBI WHITE COLLAR CRIME DIVISION BY 2/3RDS AFTER BEING WARNED OF AN "EPIDEMIC OF MORTGAGE FRAUD THAT COULD RIVAL THE S&L CRISIS"

YEAH, I CAN SEE HOW YOU CAN CLAIM BOTH SIDES ARE AT FAULT BUBBA, lol

You mean GOOD GOV'T POLICY UNDER THE DEMS versus VERY bad under the GOP right Bubs?

You do understand Dems pushed home to help with "fairness" by law outlining DISCRIMINATION IS BAD? And under Dems laws, GOV'T ACTUALLY BACKED AND PAID FOR THE PROGRAMS (recognizing SOME would fail)? THAT was how Dems did it right Bubs?

TOLD LATE IN THE GAME F/F WERE OK? They were, as were the five investment banks, WAMU, etc right? HINT IT WAS DUBYA'S POLICY THAT HOSED F/F

DUBYA CHANGED IN 2004 THE RULE THAT CLINTON CREATED THAT STOPPED F/F FROM USING HIGH COST LOANS (COMMONLY CALLED SUBPRIMES) TO MEET THE AFFORDABLE HOUSING GOALS?

That Dubya in 2004 REQUIRED F/F to purchase $440 billion In MBS'S IN THE SECONDARY MARKET

Lastly Dubya changed F/F "affordable housing" goals from 50% to 56% in guess when? 2004!

“The Presidents Working Group’s March policy statement acknowledged that turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007.”

A "Since 1995 there has been essentially no change in the basic CRA rules or enforcement process that can be reasonably linked to the subprime lending activity. This fact weakens the link between the CRA and the current crisis since the crisis is rooted in poor performance of mortgage loans made between 2004 and 2007. "

FACTS on Dubya's great recession | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Lets see, Dubya hoses the GSE's with unrealistic goals and mandates (that Dems warned about in my thread), he cheered on the Banksters, FOUGHT ALL FIFTY STATES (2003) WHO WANTED TO REGULATE THE PREDATORY BANKSTERS, HE GUTTED THE FBI WHITE COLLAR CRIME DIVISION BY 2/3RDS AFTER BEING WARNED OF AN "EPIDEMIC OF MORTGAGE FRAUD THAT COULD RIVAL THE S&L CRISIS"

Yes, I absolutely believe that you absolutely believe that it's all the other guy's fault.

You're a True Believer, that's how True Believers roll.

"Bubbs".

Let me get this straight, liberals say republicans hate the poor and minorities. We only care about the rich. So all of a sudden republicans decided all people deserved a home, even if they couldn't afford it. Then all of a sudden democrats changed their mind on the poor and minorities. Saying only people that can afford a house should be able to get a loan for a house. Screw the poor and minorities. Is that what the liberals on here saying? That only the well off can own a home? So we can run on how liberals hate the poor in the next election?

More right wing crap

jknowgood

Look at the interest rates now and look at what Obama did so people could stay in their homes.
What mandated they had to pay for health insurance? Double food prices. Raised energy rates by 30%, and with closing the coal plants. They say energy prices could go up 80% more. He has out spent all presidents combine. Hasn't done a damn thing for our veterans at the va. More on welfare in our history. Yeah if he helped them keep their home. He sure as hell making sure they won't be able to afford to stay in it.

Uniformed BS talking points NOT based in REALITY. Get off hate talk radio/Faux and grow a brain!

The problem with the conservative movement in America is that it is based on bigotry, hatred, and, greed. Above all, greed. Money is their god. They worship money and the holders of it and despise those who don't have it.
What was wrong with my statements? Liberals are just as greedy, but you want government to get most of it.

Your statements are TOTAL BS based on ignorance. Is it willful or not?

A few:

NO food prices HAVE NOT DOUBLED AND OBAMA HASN'T SPENT MORE THAN EVERY OTHER PREZ COMBINED DUMMY!

Yes, thanks to GOP policy the debt he INHERITED will ALMOST double in his 8 years AFTER Reagan tripled EVERY other Prez combined debt AND Dubya went and doubled that!

Yes, I absolutely believe that you absolutely believe that it's all the other guy's fault.

"Bubbs".

Too funny Bubba, policy doesn't matter right?

Good job of refuting my detailed REASONED AND LOGICAL RESPONSE why it falls on Dubya's shoulders however Bubs

You low informed types just can't be honest and MUST find that both sides did it Bubs

Bush's documented policies and statements in timeframe leading up to the start of the Bush Mortgage Bubble include (but not limited to)

Wanting 5.5 million more minority homeowners
Tells congress there is nothing wrong with GSEs
Pledging to use federal policy to increase home ownership
Routinely taking credit for the housing market
Forcing GSEs to buy more low income home loans by raising their Housing Goals
Lowering Investment banks capital requirements, Net Capital rule
Reversing the Clinton rule that restricted GSEs purchases of subprime loans
Lowering down payment requirements to 0%
Forcing GSEs to spend an additional $440 billion in the secondary markets
Giving away 40,000 free down payments
PREEMPTING ALL STATE LAWS AGAINST PREDATORY LENDING

But the biggest policy was regulators not enforcing lending standards.

"Bubbs".

Good job of refuting my detailed REASONED AND LOGICAL RESPONSE why it falls on Dubya's shoulders however Bubs

You low informed types just can't be honest and MUST find that both sides did it Bubs
Yes, your standard, voluminous cut-and-pastes of completely one-sided material are real convincing.

I'm in the industry. My nose is in it 24/7/365. And we laugh at all those who think they "know" what happened.

As I said, you're a True Believer, believe what you will. Keep those cut-and-pastes coming.

Funny how the corrupt bubbles, busts, and scandals happen when the GOP is in charge, eh? F+F were a 1/4 of the problem, see bailouts. After being 80% of the market for years. EVERYONE was downplaying problems in 2008- trying to forestall a panic DUHHHHH.

"Bubbs".

Yes, your standard, voluminous cut-and-pastes of completely one-sided material are real convincing.

I'm in the industry. My nose is in it 24/7/365. And we laugh at all those who think they "know" what happened.

As I said, you're a True Believer, believe what you will. Keep those cut-and-pastes coming.
So you're a scumbag GOP financier too? Beautiful. Who, me? lol

"Bubbs".

So NO you can't refute a damn thing AND I know you are in the Biz since I created my thread last year, you've TRIED to push blame on both sides, even though LOGIC says YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT

YOU also claimed the Banksters were FORCED to make loans right Bubs? lol

Another True Believer.

:rolleyes-41:

lets go one on one Bubs
'

You brought up Dems Supported F/F even late? AND?

WHICH PARTY CONTROLLED CONGRESS 2001-2007? Which bill passed the GOP majority House on GSE "reform" in that period where simple majority ruled?

PRETTY please?

Another True Believer.

lets go one on one Bubs
'

WHICH PARTY CONTROLLED CONGRESS 2001-2007? Which bill passed the GOP majority House on GSE "reform" in that period where simple majority ruled?

PRETTY please?
The GOP. One of the many ways in which they have failed us.

Calm down. I'm not a righty, do your ape shit routine on one of them, willya?

Good gawd.

Another True Believer.

lets go one on one Bubs
'

PRETTY please?

Good gawd.
You are a RWer, dingbat. And a bought off one at that.

Another True Believer.

lets go one on one Bubs
'

PRETTY please?

Good gawd.

Tell you what Bubs, YOU just choose the points YOU wish to make on HOW it was the DEMOCRATIC LAWS that created OR hindered Dubya's subprime bubble? PRETTY PLEASE? Anything or are you going to do ANOTHER cut and run piece about both sides are to blame, then call me/us partisan AGAIN? LOL

Forum List

Back