A suggestion on amending the constitution

CowboyTed

Platinum Member
Sep 22, 2014
With the Republicans on this forum asking about amending the constitution is relation to the Birthright citizenship I want to suggest something.

The Democrats offer a referendum of the a popular vote from the people where over half there Congress and Senate Delegates will sign to say they will vote with the will of the people.

This is also done with the state legislators.

That the will of the people will be adhered to.

Then we bargain:
Republicans
Citizenship will be only given to children in this country if they have one parent who is:
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
  • Three years legal resident
Democrats could ask for:
Complete Campaign Finance reform where money and lobbying would effectively be banned.
(Details later)

Two questions put to the people, if you win great. If you want to add more, better. At the end of the day the US people decide.
So Republicans could go for
Christianity and a national religion

and Democrats for
Government backed compulsory basic universal health insurance paid by pro rata against your income.(i.e. National Insurance Tax)

Let all the issues up Election Reform, Abortion, Death PEnalty, Gun Control/Rights....
It means that Government can get back to running the country and not get bogged down in special interests, hot topics, gotcha politics,....

With the Republicans on this forum asking about amending the constitution is relation to the Birthright citizenship I want to suggest something.

The Democrats offer a referendum of the a popular vote from the people where over half there Congress and Senate Delegates will sign to say they will vote with the will of the people.

Then we bargain:
Republicans
Citizenship will be only given to children in this country if they have one parent who is:
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
Complete Campaign Finance reform where money and lobbying would effectively be banned.
(Details later)

Two questions put to the people, if you win great. If you want to add more, better. At the end of the day the US people decide.

and Democrats for
Government backed compulsory basic universal health insurance paid by pro rata against your income.(i.e. National Insurance Tax)

Let all the issues up Election Reform, Abortion, Death PEnalty, Gun Control/Rights....
It means that Government can get back to running the country and not get bogged down in special interests, hot topics, gotcha politics,....

1. There are no provisions for a national referendum on anything.

2. What would being a Canadian citizen have to do with anything?

>>>>

Then we bargain:
Republicans
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
(Details later)

and Democrats for

Knock yourself out...

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.[2]

Then we bargain:
Republicans
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
(Details later)

and Democrats for

>>>>
1. Not true.

2. Nothing.

Then we bargain:
Republicans
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
(Details later)

and Democrats for

>>>>
1. Not true.

2. Nothing.

Not true?

OK, can you show me in the Constitution or in the United States Code were there are provisions for submitting any law or Constitutional amendment to a popular vote. Thank you in advance.

Last I checked the Constitution was amended by ratification of a proposed amendment by 3/4's of the State legislatures, not by popular vote.

>>>>

Then we bargain:
Republicans
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
(Details later)

and Democrats for

>>>>

1. There is no provision but the officers involved would sign to vote on the will (popular vote) of the people. This is common place in most other democratic countries.

2. Actually because I was copying the Irish one and we let UK parents have have Irish citizens. It is more a common courtesy between neighbours.

1. There is no provision but the officers involved would sign to vote on the will (popular vote) of the people. This is common place in most other democratic countries.

Since there are no popular vote provisions at the national level, then there is no way that an officer can conduct themself with the popular will of the people.

Unless you want politicians making policy decisions based on polling data.

2. Actually because I was copying the Irish one and we let UK parents have have Irish citizens. It is more a common courtesy between neighbours.

Ireland and England are part of the United Kindom (comprising Ireland, England, Scotland, and Wales) which is a single political entity.

Wondering though, why you included Canada as a neighbor but not Mexico. If a child was born of a Canadian citizen and they would have citizenship here, why not Mexicans?

>>>>

Idiotic idea from an idiotic poster. The problems have already been pointed out.
But here's another: Congress shall make no law abriding freedom of speech. Campaign finance restrictrions are abridgements of free speech.

Then we bargain:
Republicans
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
(Details later)

and Democrats for

>>>>
1. Not true.

2. Nothing.

Not true?

OK, can you show me in the Constitution or in the United States Code were there are provisions for submitting any law or Constitutional amendment to a popular vote. Thank you in advance.

Last I checked the Constitution was amended by ratification of a proposed amendment by 3/4's of the State legislatures, not by popular vote.

>>>>

And I am saying to break stalemates you ask state legislators to back a popular vote(will of the people). This is a deal done before the election on a two votes (one Dem, One GOP) before they are done...

Then we bargain:
Republicans
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
(Details later)

and Democrats for

Oh look, a British Sheep wrangling Communist wants to rewrite the U.S. Constitution.

How droll.

Then we bargain:
Republicans
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
(Details later)

and Democrats for

>>>>
1. Not true.

2. Nothing.

Not true?

>>>>

And I am saying to break stalemates you ask state legislators to back a popular vote(will of the people). This is a deal done before the election on a two votes (one Dem, One GOP) before they are done...
There is no provision for a nationwide popular vote on a proposal. It simply cannot be done lawfully.

Since there are no popular vote provisions at the national level, then there is no way that an officer can conduct themself with the popular will of the people.

Unless you want politicians making policy decisions based on polling data.

Ireland and England are part of the United Kindom (comprising Ireland, England, Scotland, and Wales) which is a single political entity.

Wondering though, why you included Canada as a neighbor but not Mexico. If a child was born of a Canadian citizen and they would have citizenship here, why not Mexicans?

>>>>

1. This is about actually making government work, it is about allowing the people to change the constitution to reflex the views ofa modern society.
The deal is done on the out come of a popular vote. The is much the way a president is elected by electoral votes. The legislatures before hand under the main parties get an agreement from the legislatures to vote by the will of the people of US.
Everything perfectly legal involves trust much like you trust electoral votes are place on the candidate they said they would.

This is awkward. Ireland is not part of UK.. Republic of Ireland is an independent country with its own independent laws. Actually calling people in Ireland part of the UK is considered quite insulting considering they fought a war of independence 100 years ago.
I live in Ireland and our parliament is in Dublin. I voted for Eamon O'Cuiv in last election and he told me he goes to Dublin during the week.

On side note Eamon O'Cuiv's uncle was the longest serving President of Ireland and he was born in U.S.A.

Idiotic idea from an idiotic poster. The problems have already been pointed out.
But here's another: Congress shall make no law abriding freedom of speech. Campaign finance restrictrions are abridgements of free speech.

Rabbi,

Constitutional amendment!!!!

This a is a trade your law for our law.... You either want it or not...

Then we bargain:
Republicans
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
(Details later)

and Democrats for

Oh look, a British Sheep wrangling Communist wants to rewrite the U.S. Constitution.

How droll.

Again not British, They have no constitution....

Rabbi,

Constitutional amendment!!!!

This a is a trade your law for our law.... You either want it or not...
This is an extra-legal pipedream akin to choosing Congress members by the same method as NBA draft picks.

Then we bargain:
Republicans
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
(Details later)

and Democrats for

How droll.

The British have a constitution.
You're one of those Irish pigs as Princess Margaret said.

LOL. Campaign finance is corrupt as hell, the rich virtually deciding the candidates and having unprecedented influence is idiocy.

Then we bargain:
Republicans
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
(Details later)

and Democrats for

>>>>
1. Not true.

2. Nothing.

Not true?

>>>>

There is no provision for a nationwide popular vote on a proposal. It simply cannot be done lawfully.

No really getting this are you Rabbi. You seem to be happy to sit in the pile of shit that is stagnant governmental reform.

• Guess what your congress gets less than 20% approval rate and 90% re-election rate...
  • You have effectively legalised bribery where you need the GDP of a small country to get elected.
  • You have also legalised foreign entities to donate money to super PACS to gain influence
  • You haven't changed you constitution significantly since the early 1970s
  • Basic things like day to day budget allocation is embedded in infighting

Then we bargain:
Republicans
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
Democrats could ask for:
(Details later)

and Democrats for

How droll.

The British have a constitution.
You're one of those Irish pigs as Princess Margaret said.

Welcome Dumbass...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...n-constitution-and-does-it-matter-781975.html

What is the UK Constitution?

Rabbi, you really haven't got a fucking clue. You are arguing with someone who went to university in the UK, worked there for years...
I am starting to see that there is nothing going on up stairs...

LOL. Campaign finance is corrupt as hell, the rich virtually deciding the candidates and having unprecedented influence is idiocy.

But David would you do the deal?

Forum List

Back