A suggestion on amending the constitution

With the Republicans on this forum asking about amending the constitution is relation to the Birthright citizenship I want to suggest something.

The Democrats offer a referendum of the a popular vote from the people where over half there Congress and Senate Delegates will sign to say they will vote with the will of the people.

This is also done with the state legislators.

That the will of the people will be adhered to.

Then we bargain:
Republicans
Citizenship will be only given to children in this country if they have one parent who is:
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
  • Three years legal resident
Democrats could ask for:
Complete Campaign Finance reform where money and lobbying would effectively be banned.
(Details later)

Two questions put to the people, if you win great. If you want to add more, better. At the end of the day the US people decide.
So Republicans could go for
Christianity and a national religion

and Democrats for
Government backed compulsory basic universal health insurance paid by pro rata against your income.(i.e. National Insurance Tax)

Let all the issues up Election Reform, Abortion, Death PEnalty, Gun Control/Rights....
It means that Government can get back to running the country and not get bogged down in special interests, hot topics, gotcha politics,....

Your rights should never be put to a popular vote. Silly post.

The only amendment I would favor is one that provides for congressional districts to be drawn on existing political boundaries such as county or city lines. End gerrymandering. The voters should chose the legislators, not the other way around.

With the Republicans on this forum asking about amending the constitution is relation to the Birthright citizenship I want to suggest something.

The Democrats offer a referendum of the a popular vote from the people where over half there Congress and Senate Delegates will sign to say they will vote with the will of the people.

This is also done with the state legislators.

That the will of the people will be adhered to.

Then we bargain:
Republicans
Citizenship will be only given to children in this country if they have one parent who is:
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
  • Three years legal resident
Democrats could ask for:
Complete Campaign Finance reform where money and lobbying would effectively be banned.
(Details later)

Two questions put to the people, if you win great. If you want to add more, better. At the end of the day the US people decide.
So Republicans could go for
Christianity and a national religion

and Democrats for
Government backed compulsory basic universal health insurance paid by pro rata against your income.(i.e. National Insurance Tax)

Let all the issues up Election Reform, Abortion, Death PEnalty, Gun Control/Rights....
It means that Government can get back to running the country and not get bogged down in special interests, hot topics, gotcha politics,....

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for supper

Forum List

Back