A suggestion on amending the constitution

Idiotic idea from an idiotic poster. The problems have already been pointed out.
But here's another: Congress shall make no law abriding freedom of speech. Campaign finance restrictrions are abridgements of free speech.
LOL. Campaign finance is corrupt as hell, the rich virtually deciding the candidates and having unprecedented influence is idiocy.

But David would you do the deal?
Yes.

Here's your 28th Amendment boys:

"In the exercise of its powers under section of the Fourteenth Article of
Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, the Congress has
determined and hereby declares that any person born after the date
of enactment of this title to a mother who is neither a citizen of the
United States nor admitted to the United States as a lawful permanent
resident, and which person is a national or citizen of another country of
which either of his or her natural parents is a national or citizen, or is
entitled upon application to become a national or citizen of such country,
shall be considered as born subject to the jurisdiction of that foreign
country and not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States within the
meaning of section 1 of such Article and shall therefore not be a citizen
of the United States or of any State solely by reason of physical presence
within the United States at the moment of birth.”

1. There are no provisions for a national referendum on anything.

2. What would being a Canadian citizen have to do with anything?

>>>>
1. Not true.

2. Nothing.

Not true?

OK, can you show me in the Constitution or in the United States Code were there are provisions for submitting any law or Constitutional amendment to a popular vote. Thank you in advance.

Last I checked the Constitution was amended by ratification of a proposed amendment by 3/4's of the State legislatures, not by popular vote.

>>>>

And I am saying to break stalemates you ask state legislators to back a popular vote(will of the people). This is a deal done before the election on a two votes (one Dem, One GOP) before they are done...
There is no provision for a nationwide popular vote on a proposal. It simply cannot be done lawfully.

No really getting this are you Rabbi. You seem to be happy to sit in the pile of shit that is stagnant governmental reform.

• Guess what your congress gets less than 20% approval rate and 90% re-election rate...
  • You have effectively legalised bribery where you need the GDP of a small country to get elected.
  • You have also legalised foreign entities to donate money to super PACS to gain influence
  • You haven't changed you constitution significantly since the early 1970s
  • Basic things like day to day budget allocation is embedded in infighting
Despite Obama the US is still the greatest country in the world.
Fucking deal with it.

With the Republicans on this forum asking about amending the constitution is relation to the Birthright citizenship I want to suggest something.

The Democrats offer a referendum of the a popular vote from the people where over half there Congress and Senate Delegates will sign to say they will vote with the will of the people.

This is also done with the state legislators.

That the will of the people will be adhered to.

Then we bargain:
Republicans
Citizenship will be only given to children in this country if they have one parent who is:
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
  • Three years legal resident
Democrats could ask for:
Complete Campaign Finance reform where money and lobbying would effectively be banned.
(Details later)

Two questions put to the people, if you win great. If you want to add more, better. At the end of the day the US people decide.
So Republicans could go for
Christianity and a national religion

and Democrats for
Government backed compulsory basic universal health insurance paid by pro rata against your income.(i.e. National Insurance Tax)

Let all the issues up Election Reform, Abortion, Death PEnalty, Gun Control/Rights....
It means that Government can get back to running the country and not get bogged down in special interests, hot topics, gotcha politics,....

Oh look, a British Sheep wrangling Communist wants to rewrite the U.S. Constitution.

How droll.

Again not British, They have no constitution....
The British have a constitution.
You're one of those Irish pigs as Princess Margaret said.

Welcome Dumbass...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...n-constitution-and-does-it-matter-781975.html

What is the UK Constitution?

Rabbi, you really haven't got a fucking clue. You are arguing with someone who went to university in the UK, worked there for years...
I am starting to see that there is nothing going on up stairs...
I maintain Britain has a constitution and you provide a link showing Britain has a constitution. And then you tell me I dont have a clue.
I also went to university in the UK, and probably a damn site better one than Birmingham Poly too.

Idiotic idea from an idiotic poster. The problems have already been pointed out.
But here's another: Congress shall make no law abriding freedom of speech. Campaign finance restrictrions are abridgements of free speech.
LOL. Campaign finance is corrupt as hell, the rich virtually deciding the candidates and having unprecedented influence is idiocy.

Yes.
Despite the fact that what he proposes is without constitutional or legal foundation?

This is awkward. Ireland is not part of UK.. Republic of Ireland is an independent country with its own independent laws. Actually calling people in Ireland part of the UK is considered quite insulting considering they fought a war of independence 100 years ago.
I live in Ireland and our parliament is in Dublin. I voted for Eamon O'Cuiv in last election and he told me he goes to Dublin during the week.

On side note Eamon O'Cuiv's uncle was the longest serving President of Ireland and he was born in U.S.A.

Could I have been confusing Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland?

If so my apologies, not offense intended. My bad.

>>>>

With the Republicans on this forum asking about amending the constitution is relation to the Birthright citizenship I want to suggest something.

The Democrats offer a referendum of the a popular vote from the people where over half there Congress and Senate Delegates will sign to say they will vote with the will of the people.

This is also done with the state legislators.

That the will of the people will be adhered to.

Then we bargain:
Republicans
Citizenship will be only given to children in this country if they have one parent who is:
  • US Citizen
  • Canadian
  • Three years legal resident
Democrats could ask for:
Complete Campaign Finance reform where money and lobbying would effectively be banned.
(Details later)

Two questions put to the people, if you win great. If you want to add more, better. At the end of the day the US people decide.
So Republicans could go for
Christianity and a national religion

and Democrats for
Government backed compulsory basic universal health insurance paid by pro rata against your income.(i.e. National Insurance Tax)

Let all the issues up Election Reform, Abortion, Death PEnalty, Gun Control/Rights....
It means that Government can get back to running the country and not get bogged down in special interests, hot topics, gotcha politics,....

Oh look, a British Sheep wrangling Communist wants to rewrite the U.S. Constitution.

How droll.

Welcome Dumbass...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...n-constitution-and-does-it-matter-781975.html

Rabbi, you really haven't got a fucking clue. You are arguing with someone who went to university in the UK, worked there for years...
I maintain Britain has a constitution and you provide a link showing Britain has a constitution. And then you tell me I dont have a clue.
I also went to university in the UK, and probably a damn site better one than Birmingham Poly too.

So can you tell us the first few lines there...

It is not written down, but tell it...

Yes.
Despite the fact that what he proposes is without constitutional or legal foundation?

It is a deal to offer to change the constitution for GOP and DEMs.

A two way deal, both laws are placed in front of the people and they vote and the state legislators promise to vote the way of the outcomes before the vote...

If texas wants Birthright Citizenship removed this seems they only way ye get it.

One side could reach too far and propose something the country won't agree too and they loose.

A two way deal, both laws are placed in front of the people and they vote and the state legislators promise to vote the way of the outcomes before the vote...

If texas wants Birthright Citizenship removed this seems they only way ye get it.

One side could reach too far and propose something the country won't agree too and they loose.

Oh Joy, a mindless fool from a country where the economy is in the shitter wants to "help"

BWAHAHAHAHA

Fuck off sheepboi - fix Ireland.

Oh Joy, a mindless fool from a country where the economy is in the shitter wants to "help"

BWAHAHAHAHA

Uncensored,

Since you have lost because you have restored to insulting me...

How many people do you hire in America... How many fucking employees ass wipe?

How droll.

Welcome Dumbass...

Dont even try to talk your way out of that ass whupping. You maintained Britain had no constitution. It does. It is not a written constitution but you are too stupid to have made that distinction. Now you want to salvage your ignorance, carelessness and stupidity. Not going to happen.

Yes.

There is no mechanism for such a thing. You get that, right?

Welcome Dumbass...

Dont even try to talk your way out of that ass whupping. You maintained Britain had no constitution. It does. It is not a written constitution but you are too stupid to have made that distinction. Now you want to salvage your ignorance, carelessness and stupidity. Not going to happen.

Got no constitutional laws... You can't quote from it...

The Brits some time like to say they have an unwritten constitution but that is plain crap. They have major laws which are enacted by parliament just in the same way smaller laws are passed.

So did they vote or have exception to pass to join the EU, NO.

British People are just told things to keep them happy.

Uncensored,

How can I lose when you aren't in the game?

Fix the Irish economy. You have no stake in America.

Cause I have 12 people working for me in a partnership in America ass wipe...

So I pay probably more US tax than your lazy ass.

BWAHAHAHAHA

Again I have more invested in the US than your cheap ass.

Now since you resorted to personal insult like an Ape would, it is because you don't grasp the lateral vision to see a possible solution, lower intelligent life forms do normally struggle in this area.
But don't worry if you work hard and follow Uncle Tom you can keep operating in bliss for a long time.

Welcome Dumbass...

Got no constitutional laws... You can't quote from it...

The Brits some time like to say they have an unwritten constitution but that is plain crap. They have major laws which are enacted by parliament just in the same way smaller laws are passed.

So did they vote or have exception to pass to join the EU, NO.

British People are just told things to keep them happy.
So it's a giant conspiracy then.
Dude, you need meds.

Uncensored,

How can I lose when you aren't in the game?

Fix the Irish economy. You have no stake in America.

Cause I have 12 people working for me in a partnership in America ass wipe...

So I pay probably more US tax than your lazy ass.
Kewl story bro.

Forum List

Back