Abortion: A Sad Reality

One third of all pregnancies end in a spontaneous abortion or, as it's more commonly known, a miscarriage. If God doesn't believe in abortion, why do women miscarry?

This notion that abortion is murder is a recent invention of right wing zealots. There is no prohibition in the Bible to a woman ending a pregnancy or inducing a miscarriage. In fact, there is a passage on scripture that says if a man harms a woman who is with child and she miscarried, the man shod pay compensation to the child's father, but if the woman should die from the attack, then the man is a murderer and should be punished as such.

Abortion isn't a matter of convenience. By and large, it's a matter of economics. Half the women who have abortions are married and already have other children, and cannot afford another mouth to feed, or cannot afford time off work to carry and give birth to the new baby.

Only in the minds of right wingers are abortions a matter of convenience. The truth is much sadder.

Right wingers think that if a woman doesn't want a baby, she should keep her legs closed, or undergo unnecessary surgery to have her tubes tied, rather than tell men to keep it in their pants.

The fact of the matter is, those who don't believe in God don't have any morality, so there isn't really much to expect from them since they are doomed already. These people don't understand that higher laws do not derive from man, as man is imperfect, but from the all-might lord who resides in heaven.

However, Christians who support this sick practice are monsters and hypocrites who are of the lowest of the low. You can kind of pity agnostics/atheists, but there is no excuse for this animals.

i love people like you, i really do. I have nothing more to say about this, because in all honesty you are a waste of time to talk about this subject with.

The fact of the matter is, those who don't believe in God don't have any morality, so there isn't really much to expect from them since they are doomed already. These people don't understand that higher laws do not derive from man, as man is imperfect, but from the all-might lord who resides in heaven.

However, Christians who support this sick practice are monsters and hypocrites who are of the lowest of the low. You can kind of pity agnostics/atheists, but there is no excuse for this animals.

I think the problem is more that Christians who claim to be "pro-choice" never have actually seen pictures of what abortion is, or always think about the issue as "rights of woman" rather than "the right to life". I do believe people, if given the facts, may change their minds. But demonizing people makes it impossible to educate them.......we need to assume they have good intentions, and then explain why their "intentions" are completely, 100% wrong.

Sorry, but by rejecting God, atheists and agnostics cannot be assumed to have good intentions, as they have nowhere to build there morals from, and as such, their intentions cannot be "good" since they believe in moral relativism.
so full of shit you are.

The biggest argument over abortion isn't whether or not it's okay to kill a human being. The biggest argument over abortion is at what time "life begins". Those on the far right seem to believe life begins at conception. Those on the far left seem to believe life begins when a fetus can live independently of the mother's womb. What moderates on both sides are doing is trying to come to a compromise as to when it's okay to have an abortion. The loud minority on the left and right are only muddying the water, and creating more division than is needed.

No belief required as you imply. Science already answered this question. It begins at conception.

Life Begins at Fertilization with the Embryo's Conception

Life begins at conception, science teaches | Live Action News

This is what makes this practice so utterly barbaric.

One third of all pregnancies end in a spontaneous abortion or, as it's more commonly known, a miscarriage. If God doesn't believe in abortion, why do women miscarry?

This notion that abortion is murder is a recent invention of right wing zealots. There is no prohibition in the Bible to a woman ending a pregnancy or inducing a miscarriage. In fact, there is a passage on scripture that says if a man harms a woman who is with child and she miscarried, the man shod pay compensation to the child's father, but if the woman should die from the attack, then the man is a murderer and should be punished as such.

Abortion isn't a matter of convenience. By and large, it's a matter of economics. Half the women who have abortions are married and already have other children, and cannot afford another mouth to feed, or cannot afford time off work to carry and give birth to the new baby.

Only in the minds of right wingers are abortions a matter of convenience. The truth is much sadder.

Right wingers think that if a woman doesn't want a baby, she should keep her legs closed, or undergo unnecessary surgery to have her tubes tied, rather than tell men to keep it in their pants.

Both sides need to have discipline.

Think of it this way, not all men are sex crazed maniacs. There are a bunch of nymphos out there who can't control themselves either. This isn't a one sided issue. I speak for my gender, not my political affiliation. People often forget that self restraint is the best contraceptive.

Typical far left programmed response that is not based in reality.

I understand that there is great discord on the issue of abortion, but I cringe whenever someone says "If you don't want an abortion, don't get one". This is like saying "If you don't like killing another person, don't kill anyone". The whole essence behind the pro-life idea is that all people are endowed with the right to life when they are conceived. These rights don't come from government. They come from God.

I would ask those who are obstinately pro-choice to ask themselves this: How would you justify to your creator that you thought this was OK?

If you say you don't believe in God, then ask yourself this: is it morally right to take someone's life for the sake of convenience?

Forget the instances of rape or the life of a mother. That's about 3% of total abortions. Let's talk about the 97% of the 50 unborn children(or "fetuses" using the pro-choice lingo") killed since Roe v. Wade.

I understand that the majority of Americans are "pro-choice". But I think the reason for that is that they don't know the real story behind abortion. I really wish people could change their mind on this issue.

Your whole premise is based on giving civil rights to spooge.

Women were getting abortions before Roe v. Wade, so that isn't even really the question here.

I don't think a kidney bean sized fetus (the point where 90% of abortions are performed) is the same as a person. Neither do most people.

I understand that there is great discord on the issue of abortion, but I cringe whenever someone says "If you don't want an abortion, don't get one". This is like saying "If you don't like killing another person, don't kill anyone". The whole essence behind the pro-life idea is that all people are endowed with the right to life when they are conceived. These rights don't come from government. They come from God.

I would ask those who are obstinately pro-choice to ask themselves this: How would you justify to your creator that you thought this was OK?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...F4yTSC399IYqNc1tpZLW4SIxIe-px55h4vcEaG78mS5_A

If you say you don't believe in God, then ask yourself this: is it morally right to take someone's life for the sake of convenience?

Forget the instances of rape or the life of a mother. That's about 3% of total abortions. Let's talk about the 97% of the 50 unborn children(or "fetuses" using the pro-choice lingo") killed since Roe v. Wade.

I understand that the majority of Americans are "pro-choice". But I think the reason for that is that they don't know the real story behind abortion. I really wish people could change their mind on this issue.

You ask the wrong question.

Your question should be:

“Is it moral to support a ‘solution’ that is indeed not a solution at all, that in addition to violating the civil liberties of your fellow Americans, will not bring an end to the procedure you oppose.”

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...F4yTSC399IYqNc1tpZLW4SIxIe-px55h4vcEaG78mS5_A

You ignore the other side of the equation. The unwanted babies, problem pregnancies, and the swelling of the welfare/public assistance ranks that were not a factor for the last 40 years due to Roe should be considered.

Wait...let me guess...Hoosier4Liberty ..you're a Republican and a libertarian, aren't you?

YOU love the freedom's that GOD GRANTED YOU but the rest of us don't.

That's because YOU ARE SO MORALLY SUPERIOR , to the rest of us.

Yeah YOU!

:lol:

Wait...let me guess...Hoosier4Liberty ..you're a Republican and a libertarian, aren't you?

YOU love the freedom's that GOD GRANTED YOU but the rest of us don't.

That's because YOU ARE SO MORALLY SUPERIOR , to the rest of us.

Yeah YOU!

:lol:

It isn't very difficult for those of us on the right to be morally superior to a bunch of baby-killers.

You ignore the other side of the equation. The unwanted babies, problem pregnancies, and the swelling of the welfare/public assistance ranks that were not a factor for the last 40 years due to Roe should be considered.

So there are fewer people on welfare now than 40 years ago? Is that really what you meant to say?
In the past unwanted children were put up for adoption. Like Steve Jobs. How many Steve Jobs' have been aborted over the last 40 years?

So there are fewer people on welfare now than 40 years ago? Is that really what you meant to say?
In the past unwanted children were put up for adoption. Like Steve Jobs. How many Steve Jobs' have been aborted over the last 40 years?

Fewer people than would otherwise be on welfare; yes. Fewer persons in prison than would otherwise be in prison, less crime than would otherwise be occuring.

How many Hitlers have been aborted?

is this the level of moral bankruptcy our society has degenerated to? We kill unborn children because they might add to our welfare state....:sad:

is this the level of moral bankruptcy our society has degenerated to? We kill unborn children because they might add to our welfare state....:sad:

Can you name me a time in the last 3000 years there has been no abortions?

Forum List

Back