Abortion: A Sad Reality

I understand that there is great discord on the issue of abortion, but I cringe whenever someone says "If you don't want an abortion, don't get one". This is like saying "If you don't like killing another person, don't kill anyone". The whole essence behind the pro-life idea is that all people are endowed with the right to life when they are conceived. These rights don't come from government. They come from God.

I would ask those who are obstinately pro-choice to ask themselves this: How would you justify to your creator that you thought this was OK?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...F4yTSC399IYqNc1tpZLW4SIxIe-px55h4vcEaG78mS5_A

If you say you don't believe in God, then ask yourself this: is it morally right to take someone's life for the sake of convenience?

Forget the instances of rape or the life of a mother. That's about 3% of total abortions. Let's talk about the 97% of the 50 unborn children(or "fetuses" using the pro-choice lingo") killed since Roe v. Wade.

I understand that the majority of Americans are "pro-choice". But I think the reason for that is that they don't know the real story behind abortion. I really wish people could change their mind on this issue.

You ignore the other side of the equation. The unwanted babies, problem pregnancies, and the swelling of the welfare/public assistance ranks that were not a factor for the last 40 years due to Roe should be considered.

is this the level of moral bankruptcy our society has degenerated to? We kill unborn children because they might add to our welfare state....:sad:

No but in the macro that is the result.

Abortion is the most private decision a woman makes and the courts recognize that.

I understand that there is great discord on the issue of abortion, but I cringe whenever someone says "If you don't want an abortion, don't get one". This is like saying "If you don't like killing another person, don't kill anyone". The whole essence behind the pro-life idea is that all people are endowed with the right to life when they are conceived. These rights don't come from government. They come from God.

I would ask those who are obstinately pro-choice to ask themselves this: How would you justify to your creator that you thought this was OK?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...F4yTSC399IYqNc1tpZLW4SIxIe-px55h4vcEaG78mS5_A

If you say you don't believe in God, then ask yourself this: is it morally right to take someone's life for the sake of convenience?

Forget the instances of rape or the life of a mother. That's about 3% of total abortions. Let's talk about the 97% of the 50 unborn children(or "fetuses" using the pro-choice lingo") killed since Roe v. Wade.

I understand that the majority of Americans are "pro-choice". But I think the reason for that is that they don't know the real story behind abortion. I really wish people could change their mind on this issue.

Wait...let me guess...Hoosier4Liberty ..you're a Republican and a libertarian, aren't you?

YOU love the freedom's that GOD GRANTED YOU but the rest of us don't.

That's because YOU ARE SO MORALLY SUPERIOR , to the rest of us.

Yeah YOU!

:lol:

I just believe what Locke did: the fundamental rights are life, liberty, and property. The right to choose what you want to do with your own body is a right, but just as one has no right to commit murder, I don't believe abortion should be legal as it is depriving someone else of their right to life is a crime, just like manslaughter is

Canada has had no abortion laws on the books at all since 1988. Abortion is simply a matter between a woman and her doctor, like any other medical procedure. But in spite of a lack of restriction on abortions, a society where only 30% of the population attends church regularly, and the same kind of lifestyle as the US, we have 30% fewer abortions, per capita, than the US.

The differences between Canada and the US which lead to fewer abortions are the Canadian social safety net. Canadians have state funded medical care with no co-pays, mandatory sex education in schools, and government funded maternity/paternity leave for one year to cover both birth and adoption of children with a guarantee that their job will be waiting for them upon their return to the work force.

The US is the only first world nation without maternity leave, without universal health care, and where parents can opt their children out of sex education classes. If Americans were really serious about reducing abortion in the US, they would have family friendly employment law, universal health care and maternity benefits. Until Americans are willing to adopt such strategies, all of this angst over the unborn, is really anger that women are having sex and enjoying it.

the fact of the matter is, those who don't believe in god don't have any morality, so there isn't really much to expect from them since they are doomed already. These people don't understand that higher laws do not derive from man, as man is imperfect, but from the all-might lord who resides in heaven.

However, christians who support this sick practice are monsters and hypocrites who are of the lowest of the low. You can kind of pity agnostics/atheists, but there is no excuse for this animals.
bull shit!

The fact of the matter is, those who don't believe in God don't have any morality, so there isn't really much to expect from them since they are doomed already. These people don't understand that higher laws do not derive from man, as man is imperfect, but from the all-might lord who resides in heaven.

However, Christians who support this sick practice are monsters and hypocrites who are of the lowest of the low. You can kind of pity agnostics/atheists, but there is no excuse for this animals.

I think the problem is more that Christians who claim to be "pro-choice" never have actually seen pictures of what abortion is, or always think about the issue as "rights of woman" rather than "the right to life". I do believe people, if given the facts, may change their minds. But demonizing people makes it impossible to educate them.......we need to assume they have good intentions, and then explain why their "intentions" are completely, 100% wrong.

Sorry, but by rejecting God, atheists and agnostics cannot be assumed to have good intentions, as they have nowhere to build there morals from, and as such, their intentions cannot be "good" since they believe in moral relativism.
Even more bull shit! Unending stupidity seems to rule your life. I have no doubt your are one of those good, moral christians who definitely want the baby to be born but who then will bitterly refuse to help feed it, clothe it, provide it shelter, and refuse to educate it.

Do you have this sort of problem with the death penalty and war?

How about pollution and industrial accidents caused by cost saving?

Not sure how sacred human life is to you..

So fill us in.

:eusa_eh:

Wait...let me guess...Hoosier4Liberty ..you're a Republican and a libertarian, aren't you?

YOU love the freedom's that GOD GRANTED YOU but the rest of us don't.

That's because YOU ARE SO MORALLY SUPERIOR , to the rest of us.

Yeah YOU!

:lol:

It isn't very difficult for those of us on the right to be morally superior to a bunch of baby-killers.
Sir Thomas More, a saint in the Catholic church, once held the position of Lord Chancellor which is a position similar to that of Attorney General.
A man once came up to Sir Thomas and asked him to arrest another person. When Sir Thomas asked him what the person had done the man replied, "He is a bad man." Sir Thomas answered, "It is not against the law to be a bad man." The man then replied, "But he has sinned against God!" Sir Thomas shut the man up by giving him this answer, "Oh, if he has sinned against God then it is God who should arrest him."
American4Americ, you will not understand that story so let me explain it for you. When God created man he gave him FREE WILL. It was up to man to exercise that free will and if he CHOSE to live by God's laws he would be saved. But, if he CHOSE not to live by God's laws he would not be saved. The point is that it is that it is not up to anyone else to tell people how they must live their lives. THEY MUST BE ALLOWED FREE CHOICE. At the end of their lives it is God who will judge them. What you want to do is to take away the FREE CHOICE that God has given man. That is a violation of God's laws as well as a violation of the Constitution of the United States. You can hate abortion as much as you like but in the end, THE WOMAN MUST HAVE FREE CHOICE TO DO AS SHE SEES FIT. Not as you see fit! In the end it is God who will decide whether she is saved or not. It is none of your business!!!!!

The biggest argument over abortion isn't whether or not it's okay to kill a human being. The biggest argument over abortion is at what time "life begins". Those on the far right seem to believe life begins at conception. Those on the far left seem to believe life begins when a fetus can live independently of the mother's womb. What moderates on both sides are doing is trying to come to a compromise as to when it's okay to have an abortion. The loud minority on the left and right are only muddying the water, and creating more division than is needed.

2i6dhft.jpg

Another thing is that the leftist garbage men think of the child as a "negative" thing, but they just want to avoid parenting so they can continue partying, and living their leftist life style.

Dude its really really simple. Mind your business and keep your morals to yourself.

Once you try to make someone else abide by what you think is right. How moral is that?

The biggest argument over abortion isn't whether or not it's okay to kill a human being. The biggest argument over abortion is at what time "life begins". Those on the far right seem to believe life begins at conception. Those on the far left seem to believe life begins when a fetus can live independently of the mother's womb. What moderates on both sides are doing is trying to come to a compromise as to when it's okay to have an abortion. The loud minority on the left and right are only muddying the water, and creating more division than is needed.

A child is incapable of living on its own for at least the first three years of life. They have no survival skills whatsoever, so really any person should be allowed to leave a child to starve or freeze or be eaten by wolves up to age 3 or 4, and of course the same goes for cripples, retards and senile old fucks. People like Peter Singer live by that motto.

There is no difference in a child living in its mother than outside its mother with mother caring for the baby's well-being. None.

Another thing is that the leftist garbage men think of the child as a "negative" thing, but they just want to avoid parenting so they can continue partying, and living their leftist life style.

Dude its really really simple. Mind your business and keep your morals to yourself.

Once you try to make someone else abide by what you think is right. How moral is that?

All laws are based on morality, dude. Who are you to tell me I can't murder my neighbor whose dog shits on my sidewalk? How moral is that?

Agreed. I cannot think of a male in my extended family who thinks it is any of his business what decisions any woman other than his own wife makes. They would refer to the lot of you as busybodies.

All laws are based on morality, dude. Who are you to tell me I can't murder my neighbor whose dog shits on my sidewalk? How moral is that?

You want to murder your neighbor. Go ahead.

See the difference between you and I?

Yes, you are amoral, like an aborigine or a chimpanzee.

There is no difference in a child living in its mother than outside its mother with mother caring for the baby's well-being. None.

That's not true. A child in utero cannot be cared for or nourished by anyone BUT its mother, while a child which has been born does not need its mother to survive, as long as someone is providing care, be it the child's mother, father, another relative, or an adoptive parent. Infants are helpless beings, but they don't need to have a mother's care to survive.

That's not true. A child in utero cannot be cared for or nourished by anyone BUT its mother, while a child which has been born does not need its mother to survive, as long as someone is providing care, be it the child's mother, father, another relative, or an adoptive parent. Infants are helpless beings, but they don't need to have a mother's care to survive.

Irrelevant. Unless your claim is that the mother has claim on the life but no one else does. A child is not "viable", cannot live without tremendous caregiving, for many years. It's just writhing, screaming, defecating tissue. Who gives a flying fuck if it dies?

Yes, you are amoral, like an aborigine or a chimpanzee.

Right and you pushing your morals and wanting to kill your neighbor Is the height of morality....In opposite land

Forum List

Back