Abortion and Gay Marriage

Pregnancy is inherently unequal to men. Women have all the right to terminate, and men have no choice whether they want the child or not, to pay for it.

Why don't you want to eliminate this inequity?

And that example you mention of a man getting shafted with a bill for a kid who isn't his, sounds sick, that is what I want to end.
You have that backwards. Pregnancy is unequal to women. I've seen what my wife went through and all I can say is ... I'm thrilled it's the woman who gets pregnant and not the man. :eusa_angel:

Perhaps what you mean to say is that abortion is unequal to men?

The whole system in general, child support laws, divorce laws, shaft men.
In favor of the child. What part of that don't you get?

Why should children have to suffer because of Conservative deadbeat dads who don't want to financially raise their own children??

Ok, so lets accept the left's premise homosexuality is genetically predetermined, and there is no environmental component. What if at a future date, we could determine this gene while a fetus is still in the womb. Would those of you on the left support the right of a woman to abort her gay fetus?

The answer for a liberal is a simple "yes" - meaning: Washington cannot turn the womb of a free individual into a moral incubator for State Imposed Religion.

[The Right is going to hate this answer, but I say get big government out of our bodies and let free individuals stand before God]

This 3rd-grade-level thought experiment is much more relevant to Conservatives, who would have a much bigger moral conflict when faced with what I assume would be a very real temptation to murder the gay fetus.

True.

The notion of individuals making personal decisions free from government interference is fearful to most conservatives.

Conservatives must believe the government knows best, not the individual.

You have that backwards. Pregnancy is unequal to women. I've seen what my wife went through and all I can say is ... I'm thrilled it's the woman who gets pregnant and not the man. :eusa_angel:

Why should children have to suffer because of Conservative deadbeat dads who don't want to financially raise their own children??

Divorce and alimony/child support laws fail children. Most divorces are initiated by women, and are no fault. That is for children?

Alimony? That is for children? Are you joking?

Child support is spent by the women mostly, kids don't see that money. There are no controls on how "child support" is spent.

There is no incentive to get married in the US today for a man. Cohabitation is the only viable alternative I see.

Divorce and alimony/child support laws fail children. Most divorces are initiated by women, and are no fault. That is for children?
Who knows what that has to do with your support for deadbeat dads? But it's irrelevant to this discussion since even divorce does not allow either parent to abandon their financial responsibilities.

Alimony? That is for children? Are you joking?
No one said anything about alimony. Why are you trying to divert the subject on some unrelated course?

Child support is spent by the women mostly, kids don't see that money. There are no controls on how "child support" is spent.
That only makes the woman in such cases as much of a deadbeat as the dads' you're supporting and should also not be tolerated. Nor is it in cases where it's reported in court.

There is no incentive to get married in the US today for a man. Cohabitation is the only viable alternative I see.
I have no idea what you're talking about. It's worked out marvelous for me.

Ok, so lets accept the left's premise homosexuality is genetically predetermined, and there is no environmental component. What if at a future date, we could determine this gene while a fetus is still in the womb. Would those of you on the left support the right of a woman to abort her gay fetus?

The answer for a liberal is a simple "yes" - meaning: Washington cannot turn the womb of a free individual into a moral incubator for State Imposed Religion.

[The Right is going to hate this answer, but I say get big government out of our bodies and let free individuals stand before God]

This 3rd-grade-level thought experiment is much more relevant to Conservatives, who would have a much bigger moral conflict when faced with what I assume would be a very real temptation to murder the gay fetus.

True.

The notion of individuals making personal decisions free from government interference is fearful to most conservatives.

It's just part of their double standard.

True.

You mean the far left who wants the government to control every aspect of your life, don't you?

True.

You mean the far left who wants the government to control every aspect of your life, don't you?

It isn't the left who is trying to put restrictions on folks reproductive freedom.

I find find it disgusting, but I would still support her right to choose.

Would the homophobes have an abortion, or would they give birth to a gay baby and spend their whole lives trying to 'save' it from hell?

I find find it disgusting, but I would still support her right to choose.

Would the homophobes have an abortion, or would they give birth to a gay baby and spend their whole lives trying to 'save' it from hell?

The fact is, as we advance further in the realm of genetics, we will be able to detect genes(homosexuality, disease, undesired phenotypic traits), initially only being able to abort, but one day perhaps manipulate.

Perhaps through things like gene therapy, we can make things like genetically inherited diseases or homosexuality go away.

Well, one can dream...

Last edited:

Probably the only women who would abort a gay fetus would be conservatives... or would even test for that sort of thing to start with.

But since a lot of conservative, Christian and Republican women are already having abortions to start with, not seeing a big difference. If they can live with their hypocrisy, so can I.

True.

It isn't the left who is trying to put restrictions on folks reproductive freedom.

And the far left talking point/propaganda comes out!

Yes that's right a woman walks into a clinic and is only given one choice, abortion. I image to the far left that having only one choice is "pro-choice".

Talk about limiting ones so called "reproduction" freedom.

Probably the only women who would abort a gay fetus would be conservatives... or would even test for that sort of thing to start with.

But since a lot of conservative, Christian and Republican women are already having abortions to start with, not seeing a big difference. If they can live with their hypocrisy, so can I.

Even more far left propaganda.

Question for you. Why should children die because of Liberal notion of convenience? Why should they suck off the government teat and not know the real benefit of self reliance? And where do you get off labeling all the baby daddys as conservative? Without any factual evidence to support that, you're talking out of your backside.

Which would make the pro life right the protector of gays.

The irony would be delicious.
The pro-choice left could indirectly be responsible for the elimination of homosexuals, on a scale Saudi Arabia or Iran could only dream of, lol.

You are basing your taunts on the assumption that all liberals would be anxious to abort their child if they are gay.

That sounds far more like a neocon's idea than a liberals. Many people would not be willing to lose a child for so trivial a reason.

True.

Indeed, they are. By giving the woman the illusion of "choice." By "choice" you mean "abortion."

Funny, fighting for the government to condone one practice over another, and you think she actually has a choice. On the flip side, those on the right aren't the ones passing healthcare laws that violate the religious freedoms of faith based institutions, namely the contraceptive mandate.

Indeed, they are. By giving the woman the illusion of "choice." By "choice" you mean "abortion."

Funny, fighting for the government to condone one practice over another, and you think she actually has a choice. On the flip side, those on the right aren't the ones passing healthcare laws that violate the religious freedoms of faith based institutions, namely the contraceptive mandate.

Corporations aren't people.

And, yes, a woman has a choice, because it's her body.

Now, when we can take a fetus out of a womans body and put it in the body of a funditard busybody, you might actually have a leg to stand on.

The far left sees the fetus as if it were a disease that must be cured like a broken leg or cancerous tumor.

If they did not have that point of view then maybe they would have a leg to stand on.

The irony would be delicious.
The pro-choice left could indirectly be responsible for the elimination of homosexuals, on a scale Saudi Arabia or Iran could only dream of, lol.

You are basing your taunts on the assumption that all liberals would be anxious to abort their child if they are gay.

That sounds far more like a neocon's idea than a liberals. Many people would not be willing to lose a child for so trivial a reason.

You know...some dumbass posted a thread like this one on a gay parenting board I'm a member of. It was a very painful thread...too many responses from the members like "my conservative Christian parents would have aborted me in a heartbeat".

The far left sees the fetus as if it were a disease that must be cured like a broken leg or cancerous tumor.

If they did not have that point of view then maybe they would have a leg to stand on.

Not really, guy.

Here's the thing. Conservative, Republican and Christian women are JUST as likely to have abortions when a baby doesn't fit into their lives right now.

Forum List

Back