Abortion is murder

Well if we follow your hypotheticals to their logical conclusion -- if you had your way, hypothetically, folks like you who believe they hold the moral high ground would dictate what you believe is right and impose it on the rest of us who don't necessarily agree with you. I prefer what I believe which is to let society decide what limitations the government can impose on us.
I'm not imposing anything on anyone and have no plans to do so. I am presenting you with the incongruities of your beliefs. What you choose to do about it is up to you. My obligation is satisfied by bringing it to your attention. Moral relativity is a slippery slope death spiral. Enter at your own risk.
You're not imposing anything for the sole reason you're in no position to.

But you want to. You want to tell women what the can or cannot do with their own bodies and you want the full weight of the government to enforce your beliefs upon others.
I don't believe it is virtuous to do something because you are forced to do it. I would rather them be virtuous and do the right thing because it is the right thing. They can't be virtuous as long as people like you convince them that they are being virtuous when they end their baby's life.
No one is forcing anyone to get an abortion.
Not yet, but once it is determined that abortions are moral it does pave the way for forced abortions.
No, it doesn't. You're now making up a false argument to defend your position. Many things are considered moral and no one is forced to participate.

I'm not imposing anything on anyone and have no plans to do so. I am presenting you with the incongruities of your beliefs. What you choose to do about it is up to you. My obligation is satisfied by bringing it to your attention. Moral relativity is a slippery slope death spiral. Enter at your own risk.

But you want to. You want to tell women what the can or cannot do with their own bodies and you want the full weight of the government to enforce your beliefs upon others.
I don't believe it is virtuous to do something because you are forced to do it. I would rather them be virtuous and do the right thing because it is the right thing. They can't be virtuous as long as people like you convince them that they are being virtuous when they end their baby's life.
Not yet, but once it is determined that abortions are moral it does pave the way for forced abortions.
It does not pave the way to forced abortions. Can you keep your argument based in reality?
If it is legal to abort a baby in the womb then it must be moral. If it is determined that the world's population is a threat to mankind's existence then limiting population would be the moral thing to do. Since abortions are moral, abortions could be used to limit populations. Have you seen the population curve lately? Did you know that there is a direct correlation between CO2 emissions and population. There is because every new human being uses energy to exist and has a carbon foot print. Don't you want to help the environment?

world-pop-time.jpg

pop_v_emiss_fig1.JPG

I don't see how. I couldn't care less what you do.
Yes or no, you want abortions criminalized....
Can't you answer yes or no?

Yes or no, you want abortions to be illegal.....
Sounds like you want to keep abortions laws just as they are and let people decide for themselves. Do I have that right?

It does not pave the way to forced abortions. Can you keep your argument based in reality?
If it is legal to abort a baby in the womb then it must be moral. If it is determined that the world's population is a threat to mankind's existence then limiting population would be the moral thing to do. Since abortions are moral, abortions could be used to limit populations. Have you seen the population curve lately? Did you know that there is a direct correlation between CO2 emissions and population. There is because every new human being uses energy to exist and has a carbon foot print. Don't you want to help the environment?

world-pop-time.jpg

pop_v_emiss_fig1.JPG
So what's your solution to over population?

world-pop-time.jpg

pop_v_emiss_fig1.JPG
So what's your solution to over population?
Clearly... forced abortions.

Yes or no, you want abortions criminalized....

Sounds like you want to keep abortions laws just as they are and let people decide for themselves. Do I have that right?
I see you've devolved into broken record mode. I guess we're done here. :dunno:

What? You don't like predictable surprises?

What? You don't like predictable surprises?
I like debate and dialog. You've hit a brick wall, apparently, which prevents you from answering even a simple question with a yes or no, do you want abortions to be illegal. You seem to be indicating, "no," that you want others to decide for themselves and you hope they would chose to not get abortions -- but you won't even commit to that.

Ok, you don't agree with it, does that mean you don't approve of it? If so, would that be because you believe it is wrong? If so, is that because you believe it is a human life that is being ended?

It seems that you are making a viability argument. Are newborn babies viable? Can they live outside the woman's body on it's own without being cared for? There are medical ethicists that are making the exact same argument you are making for babies outside of the womb. It is a slippery slope indeed.

more on the fence. Personally I think adoption is the best option.

I am not making a religious argument. Most people are born with an innate sense of right and wrong. I am making a scientific argument that human life begins at conception. I am making a common sense argument that it is wrong to end a human life. My proof for this is that women struggle with their decision to end their baby's life because they know it is wrong. Why don't you?
What is your scientific argument that people are born with an innate sense of right and wrong?

This link mentions studies, but those studies are questioned in their results. Babies appear to reacting to aggressive, possibly dangerous behavior, and not necessarily "innate sense of right and wrong".

Are we born with a moral core? The Baby Lab says 'yes' - CNN.com

Last edited:
I did prove that science has determined that a zygote is a human being. You refused to accept the evidence.

"After fertilization has taken place a new human being has come into being...[this] is no longer a matter of taste or opinion, it is not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence...." - Dr Jerome LeJeune, Professor of Genetics at the University of Descartes, Paris, discoverer of the chromosome pattern of Down's Syndrome, and Nobel Prize Winner

"An individual human life begins at conception when a sperm cell from the father fuses with an egg cell from the mother, to form a new cell, the zygote, the first embryonic stage. The zygote grows and divides into two daughter cells, each of which grows and divides into two grand-daughter cells, and this cell growth/division process continues on, over and over again. The zygote is the start of a biological continuum that automatically grows and develops, passing gradually and sequentially through the stages we call foetus, baby, child, adult, old person and ending eventually in death. The full genetic instructions to guide the development of the continuum, in interaction with its environment, are present in the zygote. Every stage along the continuum is biologically human and each point along the continuum has the full human properties appropriate to that point." Dr. William Reville, University College Cork, Ireland

“….it is scientifically correct to say that human life begins at conception.” Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard Medical School: Quoted by Public Affairs Council

“Human life begins when the ovum is fertilized and the new combined cell mass begins to divide.” Dr. Jasper Williams, Former President of the National Medical Association (p 74)
Seriously wrong at best, a big fucking lie at worst. A zygote is not a human being. A zygote is the beginning stage of a potential human being. It could also be the beginning stage of a stillborn or could self-abort in a few days.

FWIW, Dr Jerome LeJeune is both an anti-abortionist but also an anti-contraceptionist. Not exactly an unbiased, scientific source of information.

Last edited:
I don't hate the military, amigo. I have no idea why you would think I do and I don't really care. Try to stay on topic here. I have forgotten more science than you know. Do you have any science that proves a new human being is not created at conception?
Because you refused to take an oath to support and defend our Constitution.

Take your own fucking advice about staying on topic. You asked me an off-topic question and I answered it honestly. When I asked you an off-topic question, you ran like a fucking coward and started whining about me being off-topic. You, sir, are a hypocrite and, as I've proved several times, scumbag liar.

I did prove that science has determined that a zygote is a human being. You refused to accept the evidence.

"After fertilization has taken place a new human being has come into being...[this] is no longer a matter of taste or opinion, it is not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence...." - Dr Jerome LeJeune, Professor of Genetics at the University of Descartes, Paris, discoverer of the chromosome pattern of Down's Syndrome, and Nobel Prize Winner

"An individual human life begins at conception when a sperm cell from the father fuses with an egg cell from the mother, to form a new cell, the zygote, the first embryonic stage. The zygote grows and divides into two daughter cells, each of which grows and divides into two grand-daughter cells, and this cell growth/division process continues on, over and over again. The zygote is the start of a biological continuum that automatically grows and develops, passing gradually and sequentially through the stages we call foetus, baby, child, adult, old person and ending eventually in death. The full genetic instructions to guide the development of the continuum, in interaction with its environment, are present in the zygote. Every stage along the continuum is biologically human and each point along the continuum has the full human properties appropriate to that point." Dr. William Reville, University College Cork, Ireland

“….it is scientifically correct to say that human life begins at conception.” Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard Medical School: Quoted by Public Affairs Council

“Human life begins when the ovum is fertilized and the new combined cell mass begins to divide.” Dr. Jasper Williams, Former President of the National Medical Association (p 74)
Seriously wrong at best, a big fucking lie at worst. A zygote is not a human being. A zygote is the beginning stage of a potential human being. It could also be the beginning stage of a stillborn or could self-abort in a few days.

FWIW, Dr Jerome LeJeune is both an anti-abortionist but also an anti-contraceptionist. Not exactly an unbiased, scientific source of information.
So you take exception with Dr Jerome LeJeune because you believe he is an anti-abortionist and an anti-contraceptionist. What about these guys? What is your objection to them?

Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth Harvard Medical School
Dr. Jasper Williams, Former President of the National Medical Association
Dr. William Reville, University College Cork, Ireland
Okada et al., A role for the elongator complex in zygotic paternal genome demethylation, NATURE 463:554 (Jan. 28, 2010)
Signorelli et al., Kinases, phosphatases and proteases during sperm capacitation, CELL TISSUE RES. 349(3):765 (Mar. 20, 2012)
Coy et al., Roles of the oviduct in mammalian fertilization, REPRODUCTION 144(6):649 (Oct. 1, 2012)
Marcello et al., Fertilization, ADV. EXP. BIOL. 757:321 (2013)
Steven Ertelt”Undisputed Scientific Fact: Human Life Begins at Conception, or Fertilization” LifeNews.com 11/18/13
Keith L. Moore, The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2003. pp. 16, 2.
Kaluger, G., and Kaluger, M., Human Development: The Span of Life, page 28-29, The C.V. Mosby Co., St. Louis, 1974.
F Beck Human Embryology, Blackwell Scientific Publications, 1985 page vi
Clark Edward and Corliss Patten’s Human Embryology, McGraw – Hill Inc., 30
The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology fifth edition, Moore and Persaud, 1993, Saunders Company, page 1
Prenatal Care, US Department Of Health And Human Services, Maternal and Child Health Division, 1990
Landrum B. Shettles “Rites of Life: The Scientific Evidence for Life Before Birth” Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1983 p 40
Keith L. Moore & T.V.N. Persaud Before We Are Born – Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects (W.B. Saunders Company, 1998. Fifth edition.) Page 500
Sally B Olds, et al., Obstetric Nursing (Menlo Park, California: Addison – Wesley publishing, 1980) P 136
Eric Pastuszek. Is the Fetus Human? (Rockford, Illinois: Tan books And Publishers Inc., 1991)
J.P. Greenhill and E.A. Freidman. Biological Principles and Modern Practice of Obstetrics.
T.W. Sadler, Langman’s Medical Embryology, 10th edition.
Keith L. Moore, Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology, 7th edition.
Ronan O’Rahilly and Fabiola Miller, Human Embryology and Teratology, 3rd edition.
Dr. Morris Krieger “The Human Reproductive System”
James Bopp, ed., Human Life and Health Care Ethics, vol. 2
Rand McNally, Atlas of the Body (New York: Rand McNally, 1980) 139, 144
Prenatal Care, US Department of Health and Human Services, Maternal and Child Health Div 1990
Leslie Brainerd Arey, “Developmental Anatomy” seventh edition
In the Womb, National Geographic, 2005
DeCoursey, R.M., The Human Organism, 4th edition
Thibodeau, G.A., and Anthony, C.P., Structure and Function of the Body, 8th edition
Scarr, S., Weinberg, R.A., and Levine A., Understanding Development
Clark, J. ed., The Nervous System: Circuits of Communication in the Human Body
Turner, J.S., and Helms, D.B., Lifespan Developmental, 2nd ed
Carlson, Bruce M. Patten’s Foundations of Embryology. 6th edition.
Considine, Douglas (ed.). Van Nostrand’s Scientific Encyclopedia. 5th edition
Lennart Nilsson A Child is Born: Completely Revised Edition
Kaluger, G., and Kaluger, M., Human Development: The Span of Life
Langman, Jan. Medical Embryology. 3rd edition
Human Embryology, 3rd ed. Bradley M. Patten
Essentials of Human Embryology, William J. Larsen
From Human Embryology & Teratology, Ronan R. O’Rahilly, Fabiola Muller
The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 6th ed. Keith L. Moore, Ph.D. & T.V.N. Persaud, Md.

They all say you are full of shit.

Now, why is it that you don't believe human life begins at conception?

the point people are trying to make with you is that all life begins at conception, or is there a difference with you ...

Yes. All life does begin at conception because it does meet the definition of a living thing.
ding: Yes. All life does begin at conception because it does meet the definition of a living thing.

that's not what you were asked ....

the point people are trying to make with you is that all life begins at conception, or is there a difference with you ...

are humans living things ....

I guess I don't understand your question. Yes, all life begins at conception when a new living being, as identified by his unique DNA, that has never existed before and will never exist again, is created into existence. That's about as clear as I can be on this subject. So, what is it that you want to know?

ding: Yes, all life begins at conception when a new living being, as identified by his unique DNA, that has never existed before and will never exist again, is created into existence.

is your unborn equivalent to to the Lamb being led to slaughter ...

Political C did not reply to the question above, whether the relative value of an embryo is greater than the life of a living being ... care to give a reply

Ending any human life for selfish reasons is wrong.

for selfish reasons
... ?

... is that to mean otherwise it is fine ? - such as for the sustenance of Garden Earth.

Now, why is it that you don't believe human life begins at conception?

Yes. All life does begin at conception because it does meet the definition of a living thing.
ding: Yes. All life does begin at conception because it does meet the definition of a living thing.

I guess I don't understand your question. Yes, all life begins at conception when a new living being, as identified by his unique DNA, that has never existed before and will never exist again, is created into existence. That's about as clear as I can be on this subject. So, what is it that you want to know?

ding: Yes, all life begins at conception when a new living being, as identified by his unique DNA, that has never existed before and will never exist again, is created into existence.

Political C did not reply to the question above, whether the relative value of an embryo is greater than the life of a living being ... care to give a reply

for selfish reasons
... ?

... is that to mean otherwise it is fine ? - such as for the sustenance of Garden Earth.

No. There really is no good reason to end a human life.

for selfish reasons
... ?

Many disagree with you.

for selfish reasons
... ?

Many disagree with you.
That doesn't surprise me at all. These guys and gals all say that those people are full of shit.

Okada et al., A role for the elongator complex in zygotic paternal genome demethylation, NATURE 463:554 (Jan. 28, 2010)
Signorelli et al., Kinases, phosphatases and proteases during sperm capacitation, CELL TISSUE RES. 349(3):765 (Mar. 20, 2012)
Coy et al., Roles of the oviduct in mammalian fertilization, REPRODUCTION 144(6):649 (Oct. 1, 2012)
Steven Ertelt”Undisputed Scientific Fact: Human Life Begins at Conception, or Fertilization” LifeNews.com 11/18/13
Keith L. Moore, The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2003. pp. 16, 2.
Kaluger, G., and Kaluger, M., Human Development: The Span of Life, page 28-29, The C.V. Mosby Co., St. Louis, 1974.
The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology fifth edition, Moore and Persaud, 1993, Saunders Company, page 1
Prenatal Care, US Department Of Health And Human Services, Maternal and Child Health Division, 1990
Landrum B. Shettles “Rites of Life: The Scientific Evidence for Life Before Birth” Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1983 p 40
Keith L. Moore & T.V.N. Persaud Before We Are Born – Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects (W.B. Saunders Company, 1998. Fifth edition.) Page 500
Sally B Olds, et al., Obstetric Nursing (Menlo Park, California: Addison – Wesley publishing, 1980) P 136
Eric Pastuszek. Is the Fetus Human? (Rockford, Illinois: Tan books And Publishers Inc., 1991)
J.P. Greenhill and E.A. Freidman. Biological Principles and Modern Practice of Obstetrics.
Ronan O’Rahilly and Fabiola Miller, Human Embryology and Teratology, 3rd edition.
Prenatal Care, US Department of Health and Human Services, Maternal and Child Health Div 1990
Thibodeau, G.A., and Anthony, C.P., Structure and Function of the Body, 8th edition
The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 6th ed. Keith L. Moore, Ph.D. & T.V.N. Persaud, Md.

for selfish reasons
... ?

Many disagree with you.
That doesn't surprise me at all. These guys and gals all say that those people are full of shit.

That only speaks to abortion. There are other reasons people seek to end human life which many find reasonable.

And I note, you won't even stand behind your own convictions when it comes to abortion. When asked if you want abortion to be illegal -- you won't answer "yes" or "no."

Forum List

Back