Additional details about giving rep

There is also the "11 reps in between" mechanism: you can first rep the same member again when have awarded 11 other reps in between. If you have a favorite member and always rep that member 1st in the day, then that is never a problem. But if the order of your repping is random, you may suddenly find that someone you really wanted to rep cannot be repped, because 11 other reps did not happen in between.
You should probably change the title to "Finer points of Rep Circles"

smiliesnicker2.gif

Oh-Waaake's responsibilities are crushing. C'mon everbuddy, don't make him have to tell us again to behave. Have a heart.

"REP WHORING 101" sounds like another name for it.

Does this mean some people are here only for rep? If so, what would they do if the rep system was suddenly taken away, or worse yet, somehow wound up 'broken' for a little while? Would they demand the rep points they missed out on be given to them?

No, not at all.

I was just providing extra information that cannot be seen immediately when someone joins usmb.

Nothing less and nothing more.

I don't know about you, or anyone else for that matter, but the last thing I looked for when I joined was info about rep, much less the rules.

Right!!!

Which is why I provided this thread!!!

Bingo!

your post doesn't make any sense. someone says that when they joined that last thing they wanted info on was rep and you say...yeah....that is why i spent an hour making this thread about rep.

:cuckoo:

I've never done or said anyting to or about either one of them. But I do wonder: am I not allowed to have an opinion regarding taking reps too seriously? One is allowed to have a opinion now and then...or maybe not.

Why does every thread that Wake or Stat post on devolved into trolling and flaming them? Talk about obsessed. Whatever, it gets old real fast.

Some people enjoy trying to tear others down. Why? Who really knows why. It's just sad that some people have to be that way. Toxicity. :neutral:

I've never done or said anyting to or about either one of them. But I do wonder: am I not allowed to have an opinion regarding taking reps too seriously? One is allowed to have a opinion now and then...or maybe not.

Opinions are OK, but also trying to hurt people under that facade isn't. Especially for adults, because adults should know better. They set the example.

Why does every thread that Wake or Stat post on devolved into trolling and flaming them? Talk about obsessed. Whatever, it gets old real fast.

Some people enjoy trying to tear others down. Why? Who really knows why. It's just sad that some people have to be that way. Toxicity. :neutral:

What absolute utter bullshit. If people think taking repping too seriously is silly, why are they not allowed to express that point of view? Toxic? Really? To disagree with someone. Yeah, right.

Last edited:

Opinions are OK, but also trying to hurt people under that facade isn't. Especially for adults, because adults should know better. They set the example.

Well, I don't know anything about you to say, but Stats is certainly not above taking meanspirited pot shots at people, and doing so quite often.

Anyway, I do not do drama. Unfortunately, expressing my opinion in this thread has somehow become drama, so I'm out of here.

Way to drive people away because they have an opposing opinion. Bravo.

What absoulte utter bullshit. If people think taking repping to seriously is silly, why are they not allowed to express that point of view? Toxic? Really? To disagree with someone. Yeah, right.

No, that's not it. There's a difference between opining that repping is silly, and attacking people personally. If you read some of the posts in this thread, they're doing just that. It's that sort of snarky, malevolent behavior that you'd find in immature adults.

When it goes beyond civil disagreement to deliberately trying to injure and insult someone, that's the distinction.

Well, I don't know anything about you to say, but Stats is certainly not above taking meanspirited pot shots at people, and doing so quite often.

Anyway, I do not do drama. Unfortunately, expressing my opinion in this thread has somehow become drama, so I'm out of here.

Way to drive people away because they have an opposing opinion. Bravo.

My posts do not exclude Stat, either. It applies to everyone including me.

A benign opinion, even one that vehemently disagrees, is OK. Posts meant to ridicule and attack others is beneath mature adults. That's not how good people behave, by being mean-spirited and vicious. People can be nasty and hateful and envious of other people, true, but that will never make it alright. We should treat people better than that, in my own fallible opinion.

Last edited:

I feel your opinion about rep is totally valid and anyone else that said something about rep. I made a joke about it too. That's what this thread is for I think-talking about rep? It just seems that the FZ drama is being brought here also by some folks who wait for certain people to post and pounce on them at every opportunity anywhere they do so.

They need new material badly. :lol:

Forum List

Back