African-American Music Appreciation Month, 2016

You asked for an equivilent. I gave it to you to show that this one isn't divisive. Now here you are adding new requirements never stated to show what?

It's divisive because it was announced by Obama so you label it political. As if black music has anything to so with a party.
He got his feelings hurt because Obama didnt mention a white music form. Probably too hard to find one that wasnt first invented by Black people.

When black people "invented" any types of music, it is a good chance that they were playing it on an instrument invented by whites.

Since racial lines are not divided enough, the President has been working hard to change that over the last 7 1/2 years.

You want to know why racial lines are so divided? Because butt hurt white boys like consider any action by Obama to be against whites. For example: Claiming that Appreciating black music is an affront to you and whites in general.

Is there equivalent of appreciation of some other music?

You're too stupid to see that he's divider.
Yes the CMC awards where they appreciate hill billy music long ago stolen from Black people.
No, Bluegrass was not stolen from blacks. It is a melding of Scot-Irish melodies, african rhythms and syncopation, and instruments from many cultures. Like Jazz and Blues, it is a uniquely American art form, and you can hear the many cultures in our nation in that music, even the the Native American in some of the high tenor parts.

You asked for an equivilent. I gave it to you to show that this one isn't divisive. Now here you are adding new requirements never stated to show what?

It's divisive because it was announced by Obama so you label it political. As if black music has anything to so with a party.

Q: What this thread is about?
A: Presidential proclamation.

Yes, I asked for equivalent to this presidential proclamation.
No, vinyl store "let's celebrate black musicians" January thru December sale doesn't count.

So pray tell faggot. What's divisive about the president saying it's black music month? You're avoiding bring up what's divisive about it for pretending it's divisive because Obama proclaimed it.

You can't explain, but we know why you're so hopping mad buddy

Presidential Proclamation -- African-American Music Appreciation Month, 2016

wjvpg9.jpg

I thought it was LGBT month. Also, that 1/6 of the year to spend appreciating black culture.

Since racial lines are not divided enough, the President has been working hard to change that over the last 7 1/2 years.

Wondering what's next.
May the ghost of Muddy Waters haunt your dreams.
When I was a tyke my dad was a CB enthusiast and Muddy Waters was his handle.

This is just the segregationist-in-chief doing his dividing act again.
What the hell is African-American music and why should we celebrate musicians based on their skin color, those with visually discernable traces of sub-Saharan African lineage specifically?

You're so thin skinned it's funny. This is why we're divided white people think that if they aren't the topic then it's not fair because they should be.

Mention blacks and they go HEY WHAT ABOUT ME! Mention whites and it's their favorite topic...not divisive because they love it.

You want to know why racial lines are so divided? Because butt hurt white boys like consider any action by Obama to be against whites. For example: Claiming that Appreciating black music is an affront to you and whites in general.

Thats some funny shit right there. But let me explain why there's really racial divide. Its because when some dumbass niggah breaks the law and resists arrest, the white cop gets called a racist by liberals like yourself for merely doing his job.

You sure it's not because a topic on music you're bringing up criminal activity.

Conflating black music with criminality has been done since Jazz clubs.

Q: What this thread is about?
A: Presidential proclamation.

Yes, I asked for equivalent to this presidential proclamation.
No, vinyl store "let's celebrate black musicians" January thru December sale doesn't count.

So pray tell faggot. What's divisive about the president saying it's black music month? You're avoiding bring up what's divisive about it for pretending it's divisive because Obama proclaimed it.

You can't explain, but we know why you're so hopping mad buddy

Faggot? Nah, that's more like your kind of people.

I already explained, but you're too dumb to get it, shitstain.

People prefer one kind of music over the other, but most of people appreciate all good music. Suddenly our affirmative action president felt that black music is not appreciated enough and he does something that hasn't be done before and proclaim whole month to it. He just love rubbing it, and that alone is divisive.

Yes the CMC awards where they appreciate hill billy music long ago stolen from Black people.
No, Bluegrass was not stolen from blacks. It is a melding of Scot-Irish melodies, african rhythms and syncopation, and instruments from many cultures. Like Jazz and Blues, it is a uniquely American art form, and you can hear the many cultures in our nation in that music, even the the Native American in some of the high tenor parts.

Keep in mind, in his mind E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G in the world from the beginning of time was either created by black people, or stolen by white people.

What the hell is African-American music and why should we celebrate musicians based on their skin color, those with visually discernable traces of sub-Saharan African lineage specifically?

You're so thin skinned it's funny. This is why we're divided white people think that if they aren't the topic then it's not fair because they should be.

Mention blacks and they go HEY WHAT ABOUT ME! Mention whites and it's their favorite topic...not divisive because they love it.
Show examples of your misguided thesis. Then explain how it pertains at all to my post.

Thats some funny shit right there. But let me explain why there's really racial divide. Its because when some dumbass niggah breaks the law and resists arrest, the white cop gets called a racist by liberals like yourself for merely doing his job.

You sure it's not because a topic on music you're bringing up criminal activity.

I didn't bring it up. I was responding to your political rant/racial post that has nothing to do with jazz. So lets not pretend you're actually addressing an appreciation for black musicians here.

Ever listen to a black music station? The music ranges from pop to jazz to funk to rock. Some of it even being fairly accurate covers of popular songs originally performed by whites. The entire criteria for the black music station is that the performance is done by someone or an act that qualifies for black.
Doesn't get any more segregationist and racist than that.

I didn't bring it up. I was responding to your political rant/racial post that has nothing to do with jazz. So lets not pretend you're actually addressing an appreciation for black musicians here.

When talking about blacks your default is to call them criminals or negatives are the only traits we have. Fuck you stupid.

He got his feelings hurt because Obama didnt mention a white music form. Probably too hard to find one that wasnt first invented by Black people.

When black people "invented" any types of music, it is a good chance that they were playing it on an instrument invented by whites.

Thats fine. Everything whites have invented are based on knowledge accumulated and passed down to them by Blacks.

Obviously you are in error. The banjo is an African instrument and the first one used to make country music.

Stop whining. You white boys stay booty tickled due to your genetic inferiority complex. The POTUS make June an appreciation month for Black music and you sound like a idiot child crying because his brother got one more M&M than he did.

Stop whining. You white boys stay booty tickled due to your genetic inferiority complex. The POTUS make June an appreciation month for Black music and you sound like a idiot child crying because his brother got one more M&M than he did.
More racist disparagement.
How about you respond to my post, chicken shit.

Obviously you are in error. The banjo is an African instrument and the first one used to make country music.
Yes, the banjo is African just as the seminal instruments in blues are European and German immigrant.
Which emphasizes that American music is American music and Obama's pronouncement is just more racist segregation.

Ok lets face it. Black music from the early days brought us to where we are now. Robert Johnson comes to mind. Without him we wouldnt have the blues, without the blues we would not have country or rock and roll. so, I guess you could actually refer to him as the great grandaddy of rock and roll. Him I appreciate. Him I actually have recordings of. He was incredible.
Now lets move on to that annoying noise that the non talent black hacks are trying to pass off for music today. I call it rap crap. There is no talent or value to be found in any of it, and if the greats like Robert Johnson, BB King, hell, even Lional Richie, Barry White (that mans singing would drop panties faster than liquer back in the day) were ever to be subjected to that hideous noise they would have given up their love for music in the first place.
If you think about it, most popular music today can be traced back to the spirituals that the negros sang in the fields.
I think its fair to say that we can all appreciate the contribution to music that the blacks made.

Yes, the banjo is African just as the seminal instruments in blues are European and German immigrant.
Which emphasizes that American music is American music and Obama's pronouncement is just more racist segregation.

Did you just say the instruments were German and European and right after that say "that means it's American"?

What's even better is that saying it's German and European is not divisive. Saying African American is divisive. Here...ask this guy if St Patrick's day is "divisive"? Hannekua?

Then ask him about Cinco de Mayo? :badgrin:

Forum List

Back