African Presence in Pre-Columbian Times

I cannot bring myself to refute unbridled idiocy.

It is somewhat akin to asking me to refute this:

I understand intelligence is indecipherable to you. Europeans felt the same way when they first experienced the Egyptian hieroglyphics. Don't sale yourself short. Give it a swing. This should be fun.
Blacks, who had never had a written language and were and are still unfortunately primitive people would never have had the ability to either formulate, much less decipher an ancient language. Like it or not, there are few who believe anywhere in the world that sub-Saharan blacks are anything but the simplest of Gods creatures.

You cant even refute anything so your opinion at this point is worthless regarding your post. If I cared what few thought I would not be successful. Let me know when you care to step up to the plate with facts not fairy tales.

Last edited by a moderator:
You calling them liars you Uncle Tom?

No I'm calling you a liar until you produce a link. Are you really that stupid?

Damn, you a house slave, why you hatin on yo own people yo? You would make a great overseer you uncle tom.

Thats not a link. A link is a web url that upon me clicking on it goes to a website that provides the information you claim the NOI stated.

Seems to me you dingbats are trying to convince each other; you might even succede.:cuckoo:

Convince each other of what? The base of knowledge is constantly being increased. Some people with vested interests will ignore current research and when that happens someone will come along and slap them upside the head. That was certainly the case with the experts views on Hawaii.

This group was founded to show the experts just how wrong they were. These folks have navigated from Tahiti (and other places) to Hawaii without the benefit of navigational aids. Something the experts said could not be done.

Polynesian Voyaging Society

Voyages: 1976-2003

Hokule'a I by Herb Kawainui Kane

The voyages sponsored by the Polynesian Voyaging Society have provided a wealth of information for scientists, anthropologists and archaeologists about traditional Polynesian migrations, documenting one of the greatest achievement of humanity--the exploration and settlement of islands in an area of over 10 million square miles during a period of over 1,000 years.

At the same time, as Hokule'a and Hawai'iloa traveled throughout Polynesia, they inspired among Polynesians an increased awareness and native pride in their seafaring heritage. They also sparked a revival of canoe building and sailing, arts that had not been practiced in over a hundred years. Hokule`a, the first modern replica of a voyaging canoe to make the voyage from Hawai'i to Tahiti and back, became a symbol of the richness of Polynesian culture and the seafaring heritage which links together all of the peoples of the Pacific.

2003: Voyage to Northwestern Hawaiian Islands: Click on top links on the navigation bar on the left for current information.

1999-2000: Voyage to Rapa Nui: Hokule'a reached the far southeastern corner of Polynesia, completing its modern exploration of the Polynesian Triangle.

Summer 1995: Hokule'a's West Coast Tour / Hawai'iloa's Northwest Tour: In the summer of 1995, the voyaging canoesHokule'a and Hawai'iloa were shipped to Seattle; Hokule'a travelled down the West Coast to San Diego to share the mana of the canoe with Hawaiians, native Americans, and other Americans living there. Hawai'iloa, meanwhile, went from Seattle to Juneau Alaska to visit the land of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tshimshian, who donated the logs for its hulls.

Spring 1995: Na 'Ohana Holo Moana/The Voyaging Family of the Vast Ocean: the voyaging canoes Hokule'a, Hawai'iloa, and Makali'i sailed from Hawai'i to the Marquesas and back via Tahiti and Ra'iatea. Early settlers to Hawai'i are believed to have come from the Marquesas because of the similarities of the Hawaiian and Marquesan languages.

1992: No Na Mamo/For the Children: Hokule'a sailed from Hawai'i to Rarotoga and back via Tahiti and Ra'iatea. In Rarotonga, the canoe participated in the Sixth Pacific Arts Festival celebrating the revival of traditional canoe building and navigation in the Pacific. Called "The Voyage for Education," this voyage incorporated an educational program that allowed students to follow the canoe on its journey through live, daily radio reports.

1985-87: The Voyage of Rediscovery: took Hokule'a on a 16,000 mile journey along the ancient migratory routes of the Polynesian Triangle--from Hawai`i to the Society Islands, the Cook Islands, New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa, and back home via Aitutaki, Tahiti, and Rangiroa in the Tuamotu Archipelago. This voyage showed that it was possible for Polynesian canoes to sail from west to east in the Pacific when the prevailing easterly tradewinds were replaced by seasonal westerlies.

1980: Hawai`i to Tahiti and Back: Nainoa Thompson, who studied under Satawalese navigator Mau Piailug (see "1976: Hawai'i to Tahiti and Back" below), became the first Hawaiian navigator in over 500 years to guide a canoe over this traditional route without instruments.

1978: Voyage to Tahiti Cancelled After Canoe Swamping In 1978, a voyage to Tahiti was cancelled because Hokule'a swamped south of Moloka'i in heavy seas; crew member Eddie Aikau, who attempted to paddle on a surfboard to get help on land, was lost at sea.

1976: Hawai`i to Tahiti and Back; Satawelese navigator Mau Piailug,with a Hawaiian crew, guided Hokule'a without instruments to Tahiti, a distance of 2400 miles. Piailug was called upon to navigate because no Hawaiian knew the ancient art of guiding canoes by the celestial bodies and ocean swells.
I did mention dingbats, right?

I understand about the sea-fairing capabilities of Polynesians, but I have a very hard time with Africans who never discovered nearby islands like the Canaries or Cape Verde.

However, we are discussing two very different peoples, especially in terms of ability.

No I'm calling you a liar until you produce a link. Are you really that stupid?

Damn, you a house slave, why you hatin on yo own people yo? You would make a great overseer you uncle tom.

Thats not a link. A link is a web url that upon me clicking on it goes to a website that provides the information you claim the NOI stated.

The link is up yo ass yo. I can't be babyin yo uncle tom ass to read up on yo history.

Read the dictionary, copy all the words down yo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me you dingbats are trying to convince each other; you might even succede.:cuckoo:

Convince each other of what? The base of knowledge is constantly being increased. Some people with vested interests will ignore current research and when that happens someone will come along and slap them upside the head. That was certainly the case with the experts views on Hawaii.

This group was founded to show the experts just how wrong they were. These folks have navigated from Tahiti (and other places) to Hawaii without the benefit of navigational aids. Something the experts said could not be done.

The voyages sponsored by the Polynesian Voyaging Society have provided a wealth of information for scientists, anthropologists and archaeologists about traditional Polynesian migrations, documenting one of the greatest achievement of humanity--the exploration and settlement of islands in an area of over 10 million square miles during a period of over 1,000 years.

At the same time, as Hokule'a and Hawai'iloa traveled throughout Polynesia, they inspired among Polynesians an increased awareness and native pride in their seafaring heritage. They also sparked a revival of canoe building and sailing, arts that had not been practiced in over a hundred years. Hokule`a, the first modern replica of a voyaging canoe to make the voyage from Hawai'i to Tahiti and back, became a symbol of the richness of Polynesian culture and the seafaring heritage which links together all of the peoples of the Pacific.

2003: Voyage to Northwestern Hawaiian Islands: Click on top links on the navigation bar on the left for current information.

1999-2000: Voyage to Rapa Nui: Hokule'a reached the far southeastern corner of Polynesia, completing its modern exploration of the Polynesian Triangle.

Summer 1995: Hokule'a's West Coast Tour / Hawai'iloa's Northwest Tour: In the summer of 1995, the voyaging canoesHokule'a and Hawai'iloa were shipped to Seattle; Hokule'a travelled down the West Coast to San Diego to share the mana of the canoe with Hawaiians, native Americans, and other Americans living there. Hawai'iloa, meanwhile, went from Seattle to Juneau Alaska to visit the land of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tshimshian, who donated the logs for its hulls.

Spring 1995: Na 'Ohana Holo Moana/The Voyaging Family of the Vast Ocean: the voyaging canoes Hokule'a, Hawai'iloa, and Makali'i sailed from Hawai'i to the Marquesas and back via Tahiti and Ra'iatea. Early settlers to Hawai'i are believed to have come from the Marquesas because of the similarities of the Hawaiian and Marquesan languages.

1992: No Na Mamo/For the Children: Hokule'a sailed from Hawai'i to Rarotoga and back via Tahiti and Ra'iatea. In Rarotonga, the canoe participated in the Sixth Pacific Arts Festival celebrating the revival of traditional canoe building and navigation in the Pacific. Called "The Voyage for Education," this voyage incorporated an educational program that allowed students to follow the canoe on its journey through live, daily radio reports.

1985-87: The Voyage of Rediscovery: took Hokule'a on a 16,000 mile journey along the ancient migratory routes of the Polynesian Triangle--from Hawai`i to the Society Islands, the Cook Islands, New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa, and back home via Aitutaki, Tahiti, and Rangiroa in the Tuamotu Archipelago. This voyage showed that it was possible for Polynesian canoes to sail from west to east in the Pacific when the prevailing easterly tradewinds were replaced by seasonal westerlies.

1980: Hawai`i to Tahiti and Back: Nainoa Thompson, who studied under Satawalese navigator Mau Piailug (see "1976: Hawai'i to Tahiti and Back" below), became the first Hawaiian navigator in over 500 years to guide a canoe over this traditional route without instruments.

1978: Voyage to Tahiti Cancelled After Canoe Swamping In 1978, a voyage to Tahiti was cancelled because Hokule'a swamped south of Moloka'i in heavy seas; crew member Eddie Aikau, who attempted to paddle on a surfboard to get help on land, was lost at sea.

1976: Hawai`i to Tahiti and Back; Satawelese navigator Mau Piailug,with a Hawaiian crew, guided Hokule'a without instruments to Tahiti, a distance of 2400 miles. Piailug was called upon to navigate because no Hawaiian knew the ancient art of guiding canoes by the celestial bodies and ocean swells.

I understand about the sea-fairing capabilities of Polynesians, but I have a very hard time with Africans who never discovered nearby islands like the Canaries or Cape Verde.

However, we are discussing two very different peoples, especially in terms of ability.

Who told you that Africans never discovered the islands?

You've already lost, and you know it,

You've already lost, and you know it,

Lost what? Thats not an answer. Who told you Africans never discovered the Canary islands?

Well, they made it to Crete at least 100,000 years ago... And the first inhabitants of the Canaries were from northeast Africa....so who were those people:eusa_whistle:

ANAHEIM, Calif. — Human ancestors that left Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago to see the rest of the world were no landlubbers. Stone hand axes unearthed on the Mediterranean island of Crete indicate that an ancient Homo species — perhaps Homo erectus — had used rafts or other seagoing vessels to cross from northern Africa to Europe via at least some of the larger islands in between, says archaeologist Thomas Strasser of Providence College in Rhode Island.

sciencenewsSeveral hundred double-edged cutting implements discovered at nine sites in southwestern Crete date to at least 130,000 years ago and probably much earlier, Strasser reported January 7 at the annual meeting of the American Institute of Archaeology. Many of these finds closely resemble hand axes fashioned in Africa about 800,000 years ago by H. erectus, he says. It was around that time that H. erectus spread from Africa to parts of Asia and Europe.

Hominids Went Out of Africa on Rafts - Wired Science

Canary Islands History - The Early History of the Canary Islands

Well, they made it to Crete at least 100,000 years ago... And the first inhabitants of the Canaries were from northeast Africa....so who were those people:eusa_whistle:

ANAHEIM, Calif. — Human ancestors that left Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago to see the rest of the world were no landlubbers. Stone hand axes unearthed on the Mediterranean island of Crete indicate that an ancient Homo species — perhaps Homo erectus — had used rafts or other seagoing vessels to cross from northern Africa to Europe via at least some of the larger islands in between, says archaeologist Thomas Strasser of Providence College in Rhode Island.

sciencenewsSeveral hundred double-edged cutting implements discovered at nine sites in southwestern Crete date to at least 130,000 years ago and probably much earlier, Strasser reported January 7 at the annual meeting of the American Institute of Archaeology. Many of these finds closely resemble hand axes fashioned in Africa about 800,000 years ago by H. erectus, he says. It was around that time that H. erectus spread from Africa to parts of Asia and Europe.

Hominids Went Out of Africa on Rafts - Wired Science

Canary Islands History - The Early History of the Canary Islands

Not to mention they made it 1077 miles to Madagascar as well.

I cannot bring myself to refute unbridled idiocy.

It is somewhat akin to asking me to refute this:

I understand intelligence is indecipherable to you. Europeans felt the same way when they first experienced the Egyptian hieroglyphics. Don't sale yourself short. Give it a swing. This should be fun.
Blacks, who had never had a written language and were and are still unfortunately primitive people would never have had the ability to either formulate, much less decipher an ancient language. Like it or not, there are few who believe anywhere in the world that sub-Saharan blacks are anything but the simplest of Gods creatures.

Sub Saharan Africa boasts some of the most primitive civilizations on Earth , it is still largely a Hunter-Gatherer society save for Westernization. But I believe that is irrelevant to the OP , Africans are probably the original Human Beings from which the rest of us have been descended and they migrated extensively - across the Indian Ocean to Austrailia and region, and across the Atlantic to the Americas.

The ruler of the West African Empire of Mali had been assured by scholars that the world was round and new lands lay on the other side of the vast ocean. This ruler decided to find out , he assembled enough soldiers ,craftsmen and supplies to build an armada of ships of all types and sizes. The fleet sailed, the following year only one ship returned, that of a captain who had reversed course just as the fleet was caught by a powerful westward-flowing current . The captain bore no news other than that he had seen the rest of the ships continue westward.

Obsessed ,The ruler would try again with a similar fleet paid for with the gold and sweat of his empire. The ships of this voyage carried colonists and trade goods. On the deck of the "Flag ship" was placed a throne. The ruler would lead the second voyage himself. When all preparations were made, he handed over the government of Mali to his brother [Mansa Musa] and departed. The ruler and his fleet never returned . Where or If Mali’s ruler ever landed is uncertain, but there is some speculation that he finally arrived in the New World, and settled with hundreds of followers.

Mansa Musa took the throne sometime circa 1310. The following is his account of his Brothers voyage.

"So Abubakar [Abubakari is an honorary title, such as 'his majesty' or 'his highness' not a proper name,] equipped 200 ships filled with men and the same number equipped with gold, water, and provisions, enough to last them for years…they departed and a long time passed before anyone came back. Then one ship returned and we asked the captain what news they brought.

He said, 'Yes, Oh Sultan, we traveled for a long time until there appeared in the open sea a river with a powerful current…the other ships went on ahead, but when they reached that place, they did not return and no more was seen of them…As for me, I went about at once and did not enter the river.'

The Sultan got ready 2,000 ships, 1,000 for himself and the men whom he took with him, and 1,000 for water and provisions. He left me to deputize for him and embarked on the Atlantic Ocean with his men. That was the last we saw of him and all those who were with him.

And so, I became king in my own right." --- Mansa Musa, talking to Syrian scholar Al-Umari. African Presence in Ancient America

olme_travel.JPG

Sub Saharan Africa boasts some of the most primitive civilizations on Earth , it is still largely a Hunter-Gatherer society save for Westernization. But I believe that is irrelevant to the OP , Africans are probably the original Human Beings from which the rest of us have been descended and they migrated extensively - across the Indian Ocean to Austrailia and region, and across the Atlantic to the Americas.

The ruler of the West African Empire of Mali had been assured by scholars that the world was round and new lands lay on the other side of the vast ocean. This ruler decided to find out , he assembled enough soldiers ,craftsmen and supplies to build an armada of ships of all types and sizes. The fleet sailed, the following year only one ship returned, that of a captain who had reversed course just as the fleet was caught by a powerful westward-flowing current . The captain bore no news other than that he had seen the rest of the ships continue westward.

Obsessed ,The ruler would try again with a similar fleet paid for with the gold and sweat of his empire. The ships of this voyage carried colonists and trade goods. On the deck of the "Flag ship" was placed a throne. The ruler would lead the second voyage himself. When all preparations were made, he handed over the government of Mali to his brother [Mansa Musa] and departed. The ruler and his fleet never returned . Where or If Mali’s ruler ever landed is uncertain, but there is some speculation that he finally arrived in the New World, and settled with hundreds of followers.

Mansa Musa took the throne sometime circa 1310. The following is his account of his Brothers voyage.

"So Abubakar [Abubakari is an honorary title, such as 'his majesty' or 'his highness' not a proper name,] equipped 200 ships filled with men and the same number equipped with gold, water, and provisions, enough to last them for years…they departed and a long time passed before anyone came back. Then one ship returned and we asked the captain what news they brought.

He said, 'Yes, Oh Sultan, we traveled for a long time until there appeared in the open sea a river with a powerful current…the other ships went on ahead, but when they reached that place, they did not return and no more was seen of them…As for me, I went about at once and did not enter the river.'

The Sultan got ready 2,000 ships, 1,000 for himself and the men whom he took with him, and 1,000 for water and provisions. He left me to deputize for him and embarked on the Atlantic Ocean with his men. That was the last we saw of him and all those who were with him.

And so, I became king in my own right." --- Mansa Musa, talking to Syrian scholar Al-Umari. African Presence in Ancient America

olme_travel.JPG

I'm surprised you give this any credence. I've met many that need stuff like this to be peer reviewed by 10 different university PHD's before believing it without adding a "but.." to it.

Remember that primitive is not a fact its a viewpoint. People look at Western civilization and call it primitive. Also its not probably There is no doubt. DNA has already proven that everyone comes from Africa.

Last edited:

olme_travel.JPG

I'm surprised you give this any credence. I've met many that need stuff like this to be peer reviewed by 10 different university PHD's before believing it without adding a "but.." to it.

Remember that primitive is not a fact its a viewpoint. People look at Western civilization and call it primitive. Also its not probably There is no doubt. DNA has already proven that everyone comes from Africa.

DNA has only proven that African genes / Mitochondria. are present in all Human beings - it's not a proven fact It's an accepted theory - and that's all it can ever be - unless you invent some magical time travel device.

Primitive - is just that PRIMITIVE in relation to TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED - Cut the Semantics will you !?

olme_travel.JPG

DNA has only proven that African genes / Mitochondria. are present in all Human beings - it's not a proven fact It's an accepted theory - and that's all it can ever be - unless you invent some magical time travel device.

Primitive - is just that PRIMITIVE in relation to TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED - Cut the Semantics will you !?

Thats correct. That DNA was mapped back to a person in Africa named Eve. There is no other theory that makes sense unless you are saying they may still discover older homo sapiens DNA that Eve descended from.

I'm not using semantics I am expanding your mind set. Technology is only good if you can use it. If your lifestyle dictates you have no use for a computer how is it more technologically advanced to create one? For example if you were lost in the desert would you use your cell phone to locate water under the surface or the technology that natives have been using with success for centuries. Its a matter of perspective not fact.

"Mitochondrial Eve" is estimated to have lived between 99,000 and 200,000 years ago. They just found human remains in Spain that date back 400,000 years. Sorry, but that predates your eve by 200,000 years. You lose. :lol:

"Mitochondrial Eve" is estimated to have lived between 99,000 and 200,000 years ago. They just found human remains in Spain that date back 400,000 years. Sorry, but that predates your eve by 200,000 years. You lose. :lol:

No I didn't lose if you have a link. I like learning the truth no matter what.

Edit

Thats not homo sapiens sapiens dip shit. Those are the Denisovans. They went the way of the Neandrathals.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/science/at-400000-years-oldest-human-dna-yet-found-raises-new-mysteries.html?_r=0

Humans’ ancestors, meanwhile, stayed in Africa, giving rise to Homo sapiens about 200,000 years ago. Humans then expanded from Africa into Asia and Europe about 60,000 years ago. They then interbred not only with Neanderthals, but with Denisovans, too. Later, both the Denisovans and Neanderthals became extinct.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back