🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

After what the stupid party did in Colorado, they will soon be history.

Where in your source does it claim that the people had a vote?
While there are variations between counties, in general the selection process for Colorado’s delegation to the Republican national convention begins at the precinct level. The precinct caucuses, held March 1, selected delegates to the county caucuses. And the county assemblies voted on delegates to the congressional-district assemblies and Sunday’s state assembly where the national-convention delegates were selected.
“To say that the average voter had no say is a blatant falsehood. The average voter did have a say, and that’s why you have so many grassroots figures selected as delegates,” Athanasopoulos says. “You don’t have a lot of the traditional power brokers selected as national delegates, you have guys like me. A year ago we were considered the barbarians at the gate of the party establishment.” Which is to say that Cruz’s grassroots supporters didn’t disenfranchise Trump’s supporters; Cruz grass-roots supporters began organizing almost a year ago, showed up for the March 1 precinct caucuses, and made their voice heard by electing like-minded delegates to the state and congressional-district conventions. Trump’s people weren’t heard, because Trump’s people by and large didn’t show up.

Read more at: The Facts: Cruz Swept Colorado because the Grassroots Chose Ted, not Trump, by Mark Antonio Wright, National Review
Have a nice day.
LOL, it refutes your claim. They elected delegates and the delegates are uncommitted after the rules change, they voted in unison so NO, the people didn't get a say.

You have a nice smug day.
It's like you read things that are not there...
It's like you don't read at all. The delegates made the primary pick, not the people. It's dishonest to claim they voted when all they did was vote on the delegates.
Again, you don't get how this works. Read the full article. Trump wasn't denied anything, he got exactly what his efforts paid back. Cruz put effort into generating a strong base of support...
GOP Voters were welcome to be involved, this wasn't a shock or a surprise move to deny Trump anything.

A: Good
B: Good
C: Who cares? Trump is a chump.
D: One guy making wild claims, claims that are good for America so I still fail to see why I should care.

Anyone that loves this democratic Republic should care about how the corporate crony network has the ability to turn a political party against its own members.

But you are apparently either a Trump hater, a hack or a dimwit, so have a nice day and welcome to my ignore list.
I'ma Cruz supporter. I really dislike Trump as a Candidate, and if I'm on your ignore list I'm just soooo devastated. Shut out by someone who only can handle hearing what he wants to hear! However shall I overcome this insult? However shall I go on?! A weak minded poster with Trumplove put me on ignore!!! The TRAVESTY! The HORROR!

I shall strive to overcome this hardship!

And yet still no evidence that anything was rigged. Cruz has an amazing organization and his hard work paid off. Trump showed up at the lady second, did crappy work, and thus won nothing.

But somehow that's the party's fault.

No wonder this country is going to hell. You all want to blame others for why you didn't get what you want when you didn't put any effort into getting it.
And the people were silenced, being refused a vote and a voice.

Sugarcoat that asshole.
They weren't they had a voice, they chose. Spin is great till someone points out the truth.

I repeat; Colorado: Douglas County GOP Removes Delegate who Voted for Donald Trump - Dr. Rich Swier
D: One guy making wild claims, claims that are good for America so I still fail to see why I should care.
Because he's the front runner? He's won most of the votes, and delegates. Why should people care about those that don't care?
He didn't win shit, as he didn't put any effort to achieve success in Colorado based on the rules set out in August of LAST YEAR. This is like a beauty queen crying cause she lost the make up challenge after showing up with no makeup.

The GOP, which is correctly known as the stupid party, oh wow, they really did themselves in by screwing the voters in Colorado. From voters burning their GOP papers, to Rush Limbaugh saying the GOP has done itself decades of damage. Where I believe Rush is wrong is, the stupid party would be fortunate to have done themselves decades of damage, because I think the stupid party will soon be history, just like the Whig Party.

Several members of my family, and friends are leaving the GOP over this, and finally going third party. I've always been registered third party because I always knew the GOP was just as big of a pile of shit as the Democratic Party.

I truly hope this the end of the GOP, it would serve them right for decades of hating their voting base, lying to them, stabbing them in the back, betraying America.

Burn in hell GOP
I call total bullshit. You have no friends or family leaving the GOP. This is merely a silly rant playing off the manufactured media hype.

The Facts: Cruz Swept Colorado because the Grassroots Chose Ted, not Trump

Read more at: The Facts: Cruz Swept Colorado because the Grassroots Chose Ted, not Trump, by Mark Antonio Wright, National Review

Have a read at what really happened. Anyone honest will see this wasn't a "Voterless establishment" choosing Cruz over Trump, it was voters very locally making choices that followed the more organized and ready candidate.

The only thing that is outrageous is how many fake republicans are claiming they are outraged over something that DID NOT HAPPEN the way the hype PR Spin is claiming.

The caucus goers who voted...

The GOP, which is correctly known as the stupid party, oh wow, they really did themselves in by screwing the voters in Colorado. From voters burning their GOP papers, to Rush Limbaugh saying the GOP has done itself decades of damage. Where I believe Rush is wrong is, the stupid party would be fortunate to have done themselves decades of damage, because I think the stupid party will soon be history, just like the Whig Party.

Several members of my family, and friends are leaving the GOP over this, and finally going third party. I've always been registered third party because I always knew the GOP was just as big of a pile of shit as the Democratic Party.

I truly hope this the end of the GOP, it would serve them right for decades of hating their voting base, lying to them, stabbing them in the back, betraying America.

Burn in hell GOP
I call total bullshit. You have no friends or family leaving the GOP. This is merely a silly rant playing off the manufactured media hype.

Have a read at what really happened. Anyone honest will see this wasn't a "Voterless establishment" choosing Cruz over Trump, it was voters very locally making choices that followed the more organized and ready candidate.

The only thing that is outrageous is how many fake republicans are claiming they are outraged over something that DID NOT HAPPEN the way the hype PR Spin is claiming.

....for delegates ...not candidates.

And the people were silenced, being refused a vote and a voice.

Sugarcoat that asshole.
They weren't they had a voice, they chose. Spin is great till someone points out the truth.

I repeat; Colorado: Douglas County GOP Removes Delegate who Voted for Donald Trump - Dr. Rich Swier
Because he's the front runner? He's won most of the votes, and delegates. Why should people care about those that don't care?
He didn't win shit, as he didn't put any effort to achieve success in Colorado based on the rules set out in August of LAST YEAR. This is like a beauty queen crying cause she lost the make up challenge after showing up with no makeup.
Getting hysterical to complain about drama? That's priceless. Trump is the front runner and your response is Colorado? WTF?

I hate all jews but...
Trump supporter says this?

Wow!
You obviously ain't been paying attention....this is not exactly a secret.
Members here pay that much attention to people like you? I am shocked yet again.

Wow! Are you a self-professed Troll, or just a garden variety Jew-hater?
I HATE Jews. Hell that's putting it kindly. Go read some threads in the Palestine section..I hate jews about as much as the Israel lovers hate Palestinians.
Okay. Fair enough. Not that I agree with anybody, but thank you for being honest and open.
No problem.

The natl gop put in a rule this time that if a state caucus had official straw polls at it's various county or congressional caucuses, then that vote was binding on whom the delegates had to support at the natl convention. Last time Santorum won, which is not surprising since the issues most important to Colorado gopers are marriage, no abortion and guns. The dems tend to be tree huggers and pot smokers. Libertarians make up a sizeable number, but they tend to be disorganized.

But the state leaders didn't want to get saddled backing another loser who didn't make it to the convention. So, the put in a system whereby all but three of the national delegates had to be selected in two, and sometimes three, different races. But ANYONE who was either just turning 18 or previously registered as a goper could vote in at least one of those races.

The Establishment Globalist Elites will do anything to keep the 'Outsiders' out. This is clear proof of that. The Party is being torn apart. Many will never return to the Republican Party.

If Trump runs as an Independent, he'll do very well. And the other Party is doing its best to screw Sanders. So hopefully he'll run as an Independent as well. A 4-way race would be fascinating. I hope it happens.

We have no way to know what actually happened to that delegate. We only have his word that he was "removed.' However, he may have been improperly "selected," or perhaps he was actually confused that his election at the county or congressional level did not mean that he also had to be elected at the state convention ... in order to being "removed." The fact is Colorado republicans actually had two, and in some cases, three "elections" to select their delegates, although it appears three slots were reserved for party officials (sorta like superdelegates). And, it is a requirement under the party rules that ALL national delegates to to the natl convention officially NOT bound to any candidate.
How Do Caucuses Work In Colorado?

You wrote- However, he may have been improperly "selected," or perhaps he was actually confused that his election at the county or congressional level did not mean that he also had to be elected at the state convention ... in order to being "removed."

If he was in fact confused, that should tell you something- why are they making the process so convoluted that a person who is willing to participate can't understand the process? I would suggest it is because they don't care what the party members think or want. They assume conservatives will blindly vote Red. Guess what - I am more than happy to cast my vote for Trump the buffoon, and I fully expect the GOP to sit in their ivory tower and blame me for President Hillary.

The Establishment Globalist Elites will do anything to keep the 'Outsiders' out. This is clear proof of that. The Party is being torn apart. Many will never return to the Republican Party.

If Trump runs as an Independent, he'll do very well. And the other Party is doing its best to screw Sanders. So hopefully he'll run as an Independent as well. A 4-way race would be fascinating. I hope it happens.

Why not a Trump/Sanders ticket?

And yet still no evidence that anything was rigged. Cruz has an amazing organization and his hard work paid off. Trump showed up at the lady second, did crappy work, and thus won nothing.

No wonder this country is going to hell. You all want to blame others for why you didn't get what you want when you didn't put any effort into getting it.
I live in Colorado. Unless you are a party insider you have no voice. There is absolutely no reason I can see to be a registered republican in this state. Give me a Trump/ Sanders ticket and I'll give you my vote.

Did you go to the caucus?

That's a fair question. No, I dropped my party affiliation in 2009. But I can tell you I did go to the 2008 caucus, and guess what - I got to vote and it counted. Now the Colorado GOP has decided that they will pick delegates whom they can coerce to vote the way they want. It's disgusting and they will lose more of the base. Good riddance to the GOP!

And the votes at the caucus this year counted as well. The only difference is you didn't participate this time

Why not a Trump/Sanders ticket?

Pretty interesting idea, but I don't think it can happen. Two very different people with very different philosophies. I think a 4-way race is more likely

I live in Colorado. Unless you are a party insider you have no voice. There is absolutely no reason I can see to be a registered republican in this state. Give me a Trump/ Sanders ticket and I'll give you my vote.

Did you go to the caucus?

That's a fair question. No, I dropped my party affiliation in 2009. But I can tell you I did go to the 2008 caucus, and guess what - I got to vote and it counted. Now the Colorado GOP has decided that they will pick delegates whom they can coerce to vote the way they want. It's disgusting and they will lose more of the base. Good riddance to the GOP!

And the votes at the caucus this year counted as well. The only difference is you didn't participate this time

What part of Colorado do you live in? How many of your fellow Colorado conservatives have you discussed this with, what talk radio stations have you listened to to form your opinion?

My answer to the above questions-
Denver
Around 15
850 KOA and 710 KNUS

I'm so curious how a fellow Colorado conservative can come away from this process and not feel disenfranchised. Maybe you were a chosen delegate.

Burn in hell GOP

....for delegates ...not candidates.

Which is always what they've done...

Burn in hell GOP

The stupid party? What are you, 12?

Getting hysterical to complain about drama? That's priceless. Trump is the front runner and your response is Colorado? WTF?
The AntiTrumpettes are simply throwing anything they can to see what will stick.

The natl gop put in a rule this time that if a state caucus had official straw polls at it's various county or congressional caucuses, then that vote was binding on whom the delegates had to support at the natl convention. Last time Santorum won, which is not surprising since the issues most important to Colorado gopers are marriage, no abortion and guns. The dems tend to be tree huggers and pot smokers. Libertarians make up a sizeable number, but they tend to be disorganized.

But the state leaders didn't want to get saddled backing another loser who didn't make it to the convention. So, the put in a system whereby all but three of the national delegates had to be selected in two, and sometimes three, different races. But ANYONE who was either just turning 18 or previously registered as a goper could vote in at least one of those races.

Except if your voted for Trump, you mean, then you get purged from the party rosters as happened THIS TIME.

Trump failed to do the work to secure delegates... I fail to see how that's anyone but Trumps fault.

Forum List

Back