Alabama/Clemson Game Was Rigged

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
saban.jpg

I guess I'm just so used to watching regular season games where we spend more time waiting for the refs to figure out what to do after throwing dozens of flags. Usually the slightest infraction results in a flag. Last night even the most obvious fouls were literally ignored by an official who was in great position to throw the flag.

Early on in the game I could see it was gonna be a Clemson night. Every time an Alabama WR was prevented from catching a pass it was clear that the defender was draped all over him. One time in particular the guy was clearly hanging onto his jersey and pulling him down so he couldn't get any separation. No flag. So it was clear that the refs were just letting Clemson get away with just about anything they wanted.

A couple of weeks ago I said that the Chargers were literally screwed out of a win by officials that threw flags every single time they made a play that gave them a first down. I knew the Chargers could beat the Ravens, and Sunday they did.

Look, I just call it like I see it. Officials rig games. The National Championship was rigged. I think it's very possible that if the refs hadn't rigged the game Alabama would have made it more of a game. They might have even won. But when you feel like the calls aren't going your way it takes away alot of the energy you need to make great plays. Being in a big game like that will literally suck the energy out of you. And if it looks like the refs are giving the game to the other team you feel cheated. It was amazing that the Alabama players didn't react badly. That showed how well coached they are. It could have been much worse. I think Clemson deserves credit. Once their freshman QB settled down they started making plays. But when you feel, thanks to the officials, that you can do no wrong, it tends to snowball.

saban.jpg

I guess I'm just so used to watching regular season games where we spend more time waiting for the refs to figure out what to do after throwing dozens of flags. Usually the slightest infraction results in a flag. Last night even the most obvious fouls were literally ignored by an official who was in great position to throw the flag.

Early on in the game I could see it was gonna be a Clemson night. Every time an Alabama WR was prevented from catching a pass it was clear that the defender was draped all over him. One time in particular the guy was clearly hanging onto his jersey and pulling him down so he couldn't get any separation. No flag. So it was clear that the refs were just letting Clemson get away with just about anything they wanted.

A couple of weeks ago I said that the Chargers were literally screwed out of a win by officials that threw flags every single time they made a play that gave them a first down. I knew the Chargers could beat the Ravens, and Sunday they did.

Look, I just call it like I see it. Officials rig games. The National Championship was rigged. I think it's very possible that if the refs hadn't rigged the game Alabama would have made it more of a game. They might have even won. But when you feel like the calls aren't going your way it takes away alot of the energy you need to make great plays. Being in a big game like that will literally suck the energy out of you. And if it looks like the refs are giving the game to the other team you feel cheated. It was amazing that the Alabama players didn't react badly. That showed how well coached they are. It could have been much worse. I think Clemson deserves credit. Once their freshman QB settled down they started making plays. But when you feel, thanks to the officials, that you can do no wrong, it tends to snowball.
Awwwwwww....the Tide is mortal after all. :71:

Clemson won because they outmanuvered Alabama, intercepted balls, sacked the quarterback and out caught and outran the offense! Boom.

DoSscc5XUAEjz9p.jpg

Sunshine is a hell of a QB. Someone is going to suck for sunshine next year.

Clemson OWNED the last 3 quarters. I loved it!
My boy trevor will be playing on sundays before too long!

Don't be such a sore loser. They got dominated on both of sides of the ball after the first quarter. The better team clearly won the day.

Alabama got outplayed. Period.
These are kids.
Clemson got momentum and that was all they wrote.
It happens in college games.
What matters is who gave them the momentum.
Once the Clemson Defense figured out the refs where gonna let them do anything they wanted, it was off to the races.

I'm not sure. Every time Bama put pressure on him he pissed himself.
He couldn't complete a pass consistently when he was under pressure.
He spent the first two quarters just standing back there with nobody coming near him.

He spent the first two quarters just standing back there with nobody coming near him.
The first quarter he was intimidated. Then that changed and they beat the living hell out of them.
He was a starting freshman in a championship game. Give him a break, not like what he did to the elephants :lol:

The first quarter he was intimidated. Then that changed and they beat the living hell out of them.
He was a starting freshman in a championship game. Give him a break, not like what he did to the elephants :lol:
I didn't see the same game you saw.
Alabama was running effectively, but every time they tried to pass a Clemson player committed pass-interference. Sometimes they would end up catching it and sometimes the pass was broken up.
When it came to Alabama on defense, they were playing a soft zone, which was a bad coaching decision.
They should have been blitzing that long haired prettyboy Freshman till he didn't know if he was in a football game or an MMA fight.
It also didn't help that they felt that if they breathed wrong on the Clemson WRs they might throw a flag.
And I remember one TD was the result of a Alabama player literally falling down with a mystery injury.

Alabama was running effectively, but every time they tried to pass a Clemson player committed pass-interference. Sometimes they would end up catching it and sometimes the pass was broken up.
When it came to Alabama on defense, they were playing a soft zone, which was a bad coaching decision.
They should have been blitzing that long haired prettyboy Freshman till he didn't know if he was in a football game or an MMA fight.
It also didn't help that they felt that if they breathed wrong on the Clemson WRs they might throw a flag.
And I remember one TD was the result of a Alabama player literally falling down with a mystery injury.
He got juked too bad. It was hilarious! Like watching a basketball game :lol:

So he laid on the field for 5-8 minutes because he got beat?

He got SHOOK bro

He got SHOOK bro
Seriously, I didn't see what caused the injury.
The guy literally fell down and didn't get up.

saban.jpg

Fixed?? Even the refs need to make a good living.....

He got SHOOK bro
Because he got shook, it looked like. Watch a replay and pay attention to the receiver

He got SHOOK bro
Because he got shook, it looked like. Watch a replay and pay attention to the receiver
I saw it. The only part of the play I saw was slow motion, and it looked like the receiver just shoved him and he fell down. He feet weren't planted, so I couldn't see how he got hurt.

Forum List

Back