Alabama Counties Stop Issuing Marriage Licenses

"Pike County officials haven’t issued marriage licenses in months, and today Probate Judge Wes Allen announced that his office is now permanently out of the marriage business.

“My office discontinued issuing marriage licenses in February and I have no plans to put Pike County back into the marriage business,” Allen wrote in a statement. “The policy of my office regarding marriage is no different today than it was yesterday.”

Apparently the law says they MAY issue marriage licenses, not that they must.

Two counties out of marriage business for good after Supreme Court ruling AL.com
We will see how long it is before the idiots miss the lost revenue and it forces them to start back up. In the meantime they will recognize couples that get married elsewhere and live in those counties.

Ahh. So. That's what gay marriage all boils down to, isn't it? Money? Benefits?

Gawd, it's good to be straight. Anyone up for a "Straight Pride" parade?

Gay marriage boils down to the same thing it boils down to for straights. To be able to join together in a union (yes, there are benefits) with the one you love and want to spend your life with.

Not quite, bunky. It's all about the propagation of species. SInce the first man and woman bumped nasties, they figured out they'd have someone to carry on their name and take care of them when they get old. But homosexuals can't reproduce normally or naturally so like the dinosaurs, they're doomed to extinction.

Oh, if only things could go back to the good ole days for Alabama. Ya know, when it was perfectly legal for redneck psychos to brutally torture and murder black slaves and gays. :cuckoo:
Since it was never legal you have nothing to worry about. Alabama welcomes your tourist dollars

Oh, if only things could go back to the good ole days for Alabama. Ya know, when it was perfectly legal for redneck psychos to brutally torture and murder black slaves and gays. :cuckoo:

Psst. Hey, guess what? Them good 'ol boys were Democrats.

Since it was never legal you have nothing to worry about. Alabama welcomes your tourist dollars
It sucked in 1982 and I am sure it still sucks today in Alabama...

"Pike County officials haven’t issued marriage licenses in months, and today Probate Judge Wes Allen announced that his office is now permanently out of the marriage business.

“My office discontinued issuing marriage licenses in February and I have no plans to put Pike County back into the marriage business,” Allen wrote in a statement. “The policy of my office regarding marriage is no different today than it was yesterday.”

Two counties out of marriage business for good after Supreme Court ruling AL.com
We will see how long it is before the idiots miss the lost revenue and it forces them to start back up. In the meantime they will recognize couples that get married elsewhere and live in those counties.

Gay marriage boils down to the same thing it boils down to for straights. To be able to join together in a union (yes, there are benefits) with the one you love and want to spend your life with.

Not quite, bunky. It's all about the propagation of species. SInce the first man and woman bumped nasties, they figured out they'd have someone to carry on their name and take care of them when they get old. But homosexuals can't reproduce normally or naturally so like the dinosaurs, they're doomed to extinction.

Do you see a shortage of people on this planet or in this nation? Do you REALLY think that allowing gay marriage will stop the reproduction altogether??

And there are plenty of children born out of wedlock, so apparently a wedding is not required to reproduce. Maybe you should have stayed awake in biology class?

And yet gay people can be found all throughout human history. There isn't a big worry about their extinction.

Must suck to be you. I had a great time when I was there in 1981.

No one is denying gays the ability to join in a union with the one they love and spend the rest of their lives with them.
What's the rate of gay divorce, btw?

Pretty high, I would imagine. As is the suicide rate, drug usage, spousal abuse, etc.

Must suck to be you. I had a great time when I was there in 1981.
I was in Huntsville at Redstone Arsenal, Ala....They didn't like soldiers then...

Sorry Alabama redneck loons, but the 'good ole days' aren't ever coming back. You'll be allowed to torture & murder black slaves and gays ever again. That day has passed. Your species is going extinct. You're dinosaurs. You all are just gonna have to deal with that new reality.

Psst. Hey, guess what? Them good 'ol boys were Democrats.

Ha, the camo-wearing sister-fuckers are just gonna have to face the reality that the 'good ole days' are never coming back. They can't torture and murder black slaves and gays. Sorry bout that.

Do you see a shortage of people on this planet or in this nation? Do you REALLY think that allowing gay marriage will stop the reproduction altogether??

And there are plenty of children born out of wedlock, so apparently a wedding is not required to reproduce. Maybe you should have stayed awake in biology class?

I'm not really concerned about those children. I didn't breed them, so I don't have to feed them. What I am concerned about is carrying on my family name, my business, my heritage, and my DNA.

Which I might add, can only be done with one man and one woman.

And yet gay people can be found all throughout human history. There isn't a big worry about their extinction.
According to his theory, you should not exist...

Which is why his theory is laughable poppycock.

No one is denying gays the ability to join in a union with the one they love and spend the rest of their lives with them.
What's the rate of gay divorce, btw?

Pretty high, I would imagine. As is the suicide rate, drug usage, spousal abuse, etc.
He wasn't talking about breeders...

Which is why his theory is laughable poppycock.
They can only repeat, not think...

Forum List

Back