Alabama Counties Stop Issuing Marriage Licenses

We will see how long it is before the idiots miss the lost revenue and it forces them to start back up. In the meantime they will recognize couples that get married elsewhere and live in those counties.

Ahh. So. That's what gay marriage all boils down to, isn't it? Money? Benefits?

Gawd, it's good to be straight. Anyone up for a "Straight Pride" parade?

Gay marriage boils down to the same thing it boils down to for straights. To be able to join together in a union (yes, there are benefits) with the one you love and want to spend your life with.

Not quite, bunky. It's all about the propagation of species. SInce the first man and woman bumped nasties, they figured out they'd have someone to carry on their name and take care of them when they get old. But homosexuals can't reproduce normally or naturally so like the dinosaurs, they're doomed to extinction.

Do you see a shortage of people on this planet or in this nation? Do you REALLY think that allowing gay marriage will stop the reproduction altogether??

And there are plenty of children born out of wedlock, so apparently a wedding is not required to reproduce. Maybe you should have stayed awake in biology class?

I'm not really concerned about those children. I didn't breed them, so I don't have to feed them. What I am concerned about is carrying on my family name, my business, my heritage, and my DNA.

Which I might add, can only be done with one man and one woman.
and you are special how?

Gotta admit, it his fun watching the camo-wearing sister-fucker redneck loons in Alabama and Mississippi freaking out over this stuff. Their meltdowns are hilarious.

'Why can't we have our dang slaves and kill them there homos?!'

Clueless dinosaurs. Good thing they're going extinct. They craazy.

Every state needs to pass laws such as this.

Gov. Mary Fallin signs bill allowing Oklahoma ministers to refuse to perform gay marriage

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Gov. Mary Fallin has signed into law a bill that allows ministers to refuse to perform same-sex marriages if such marriages conflict with their religious beliefs.

Fallin said Friday that the law will protect the constitutional and religious rights of Oklahomans.

Gov. Mary Fallin signs bill allowing Oklahoma ministers to refuse to perform gay marriage - Tulsa World Tulsa World Tulsa News Sports Weather Business Entertainment

"Pike County officials haven’t issued marriage licenses in months, and today Probate Judge Wes Allen announced that his office is now permanently out of the marriage business.

“My office discontinued issuing marriage licenses in February and I have no plans to put Pike County back into the marriage business,” Allen wrote in a statement. “The policy of my office regarding marriage is no different today than it was yesterday.”

Apparently the law says they MAY issue marriage licenses, not that they must.

Two counties out of marriage business for good after Supreme Court ruling AL.com
We will see how long it is before the idiots miss the lost revenue and it forces them to start back up. In the meantime they will recognize couples that get married elsewhere and live in those counties.

Gay marriage boils down to the same thing it boils down to for straights. To be able to join together in a union (yes, there are benefits) with the one you love and want to spend your life with.

Not quite, bunky. It's all about the propagation of species. SInce the first man and woman bumped nasties, they figured out they'd have someone to carry on their name and take care of them when they get old. But homosexuals can't reproduce normally or naturally so like the dinosaurs, they're doomed to extinction.

And yet gay people can be found all throughout human history. There isn't a big worry about their extinction.

There are abnormalities in all species. Occasionally a fish or a frog is born with three toes, maybe because of cosmic radiation or other environmental occurrences.

Do you see a shortage of people on this planet or in this nation? Do you REALLY think that allowing gay marriage will stop the reproduction altogether??

And there are plenty of children born out of wedlock, so apparently a wedding is not required to reproduce. Maybe you should have stayed awake in biology class?

I'm not really concerned about those children. I didn't breed them, so I don't have to feed them. What I am concerned about is carrying on my family name, my business, my heritage, and my DNA.

Which I might add, can only be done with one man and one woman.

Then by all means do so. Nothing in the ruling effects your marriage, family name, heritage or DNA at all.

What I was replying to is your ridiculous contention that "But homosexuals can't reproduce normally or naturally so like the dinosaurs, they're doomed to extinction". Homosexuals have been around longer than we have had recorded history. No extinctions yet.

Anyone who has been there recently?
The entire state? You are asshole of epic proportions. A common theme with your ilk.

You obviously don't understand what an enclave is. No, the entire state is not made up of mouth breathers...there are just more of them than most places. They are way over their allotment.
Nothing compared to California though. Which state is bankrupt?

California is doing FAR better than Alabama...{SPOILER ALERT} California is 4th while Alabama...46th. (Wah wah...)

State Economy Rankings
LOL.
California=worst run state in the Union.
Best- and worst-run states Survey of all 50

Typical you cannot get metrics right. You can't figure out Tab A belongs in Slot B.

Silly Rabbi...gay marriage must have you thrown off your game, man. Your link was from 2013, mine from 2015.

"Pike County officials haven’t issued marriage licenses in months, and today Probate Judge Wes Allen announced that his office is now permanently out of the marriage business.

“My office discontinued issuing marriage licenses in February and I have no plans to put Pike County back into the marriage business,” Allen wrote in a statement. “The policy of my office regarding marriage is no different today than it was yesterday.”

Two counties out of marriage business for good after Supreme Court ruling AL.com

Boy, you really don't get how stuff works do you? Every single gay person I know has or had straight parents.

That is something that has went over the dullard head, and the fact that a county can stop issuing the license but the county still has to recognize the marriage.

So if the State of Alabama stop all marriages it still does not stop Same Sex couples from living within their state borders and being recognize as a married couple.

Gov. Mary Fallin signs bill allowing Oklahoma ministers to refuse to perform gay marriage

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Gov. Mary Fallin has signed into law a bill that allows ministers to refuse to perform same-sex marriages if such marriages conflict with their religious beliefs.

Fallin said Friday that the law will protect the constitutional and religious rights of Oklahomans.

Gov. Mary Fallin signs bill allowing Oklahoma ministers to refuse to perform gay marriage - Tulsa World Tulsa World Tulsa News Sports Weather Business Entertainment
They never would have been required to. They aren't required to marry anyone, even those of the same faith...

Isn't it odd that he spent time and effort on something that is already covered. No minister anywhere has been forced to perform marriages for anyone they disagree with....not inter-racial, not inter-faith, not atheist, not previously divorced......not one of those kinds of marriages have been forced onto ministers.

And yet gay people can be found all throughout human history. There isn't a big worry about their extinction.

There are abnormalities in all species. Occasionally a fish or a frog is born with three toes, maybe because of cosmic radiation or other environmental occurrences.
You know...it isn't always about you.

Gotta admit, it his fun watching the camo-wearing sister-fucker redneck loons in Alabama and Mississippi freaking out over this stuff. Their meltdowns are hilarious.

'Why can't we have our dang slaves and kill them there homos?!'

Clueless dinosaurs. Good thing they're going extinct. They craazy.

your knowledge of the south is very limited. you are talking out of your ass.

There is no law that forces anyone to issue a marriage license.

That's a strawman. Nobody said there was such a law. The issue we are discussing is the hows and wheres of a state withdrawing completely from the act of licensing marriages. It is entirely within the states' powers to cease the practice of requiring a marriage license in order for two people to get married. On the other hand, if the the state's newly crafted mode of entering into legal marriage is 100% dependent on a religious mode, the state's law would run afoul of the constitution.

That's a strawman. Nobody said there was such a law. The issue we are discussing is the hows and wheres of a state withdrawing completely from the act of licensing marriages. It is entirely within the states' powers to cease the practice of requiring a marriage license in order for two people to get married. On the other hand, if the the state's newly crafted mode of entering into legal marriage is 100% dependent on a religious mode, the state's law would run afoul of the constitution.
I'm sure that baring the new ******* at the schoolhouse door will be just as successful, as the last time they tried it...

The entire state? You are asshole of epic proportions. A common theme with your ilk.

You obviously don't understand what an enclave is. No, the entire state is not made up of mouth breathers...there are just more of them than most places. They are way over their allotment.
Nothing compared to California though. Which state is bankrupt?

California is doing FAR better than Alabama...{SPOILER ALERT} California is 4th while Alabama...46th. (Wah wah...)

State Economy Rankings
LOL.
California=worst run state in the Union.
Best- and worst-run states Survey of all 50

Typical you cannot get metrics right. You can't figure out Tab A belongs in Slot B.

Silly Rabbi...gay marriage must have you thrown off your game, man. Your link was from 2013, mine from 2015.
You understand that does not refute what I wrote, right?

That is incorrect. The state is not "establishing a religion" as proscribed by the 1A.

Forum List

Back