🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alabama Voters Pass Amendment to Display Ten Commandments at Public Schools

Lol religious nonsense
Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.
The devil is a liar so, blow it out your ass!

Separation of church and state,
was solely a proclamation of freedom of religion...
there would be no official, established, state religion
But official representatives of the state government can now put up religious monuments on their grounds?
You don't think that makes the religion involved seem "official?"

As long as no religious monument is specifically excluded, how can that not be religious freedom?
Religious freedom is going to the church of your choice. It is not buddying up to the government and getting them to erect monuments to your religion.

Where do you get that these monuments are being erected by the government?

Besides, you are probably such an ugly old crone that you couldn't get anything erect!

It's ironic that the freedom that the Founding Fathers addressed first in the Bill of Rights was turned on it's ear in less than 200 years by hypocrite liberal democrats. Lefties are quick to cite the other freedom guaranteed in the 1st Amendment with offensive cartoons and propaganda designed to undermine the greatest Country in the world but they won't bend an inch when it comes to freedom of religion. Maybe a President with balls and a reasonable majority in the Supreme Court will make the next hundred years a little easier.

John Adams had it right

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams

That does not just include Christians and Jews. There are plenty of moral and religious people of other faiths.

This is rather disingenuous.

How many religions are there? By the way you talk, you would think there were thousands.

Looking at demographics, most in the world are either Christian or Muslim. Then there is Judaism

Funny, all three embrace the 10 commandments. Who would they offend? Hindus? LOL. They seem to be a rather laid back bunch, and they are mostly a localized religion in the far east.

No, the only ones upset are atheists. That is the rub.

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

Read more at cnsnews.com ...

It won't survive its first court challenge.

Very true. It is blatantly unconstitutional.

What bothers me is that supporters always want to quote select commandments, (Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal ect), but ignore the ones that call for all other religions to be denigrated or ignored.

While rules against murder, stealing and lying are great, a quick look at the first 4 commandments shows the problem.
1) Thou shalt have no other gods before me
2) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images
3) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
4) Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy
Those are God's commandments. Every man must obey them. Atheists don't get a pass. They will answer for it on judgement day whether they believe in God or not.

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

It won't survive its first court challenge.
Let's take it all the way to SCOTUS. see what Kavanaugh has to say about that..:)
That is right. This is the Supreme Court we have been praying for and its only going to get better. God put Donald Trumpin the White House to turn this country back to its original purpose.

what a mess this is going to be
It will give the Christians another opportunity to pretend they're being victimized, when in fact they're simply breaking the law. Again. And trying to whine hard enough to get their way. It's divisive. It's unnecessary and it's against the Founders' wishes. They did not want a state sponsored religion. Putting up the 10 Commandments on state grounds is certainly an example of "sponsoring."
This is 10th Amendemnt issue that is none of the business of the Federal government or for some fucking Yankee in NewYork. It is the right of the people in a statetolive how they want. New York will never allow the 10 Commandments and that is their right.
I look forward to other religions claiming their equal time in Alabama's schools....
. What do other religions have that compares to the 10 Commandments?

It's ironic that the freedom that the Founding Fathers addressed first in the Bill of Rights was turned on it's ear in less than 200 years by hypocrite liberal democrats. Lefties are quick to cite the other freedom guaranteed in the 1st Amendment with offensive cartoons and propaganda designed to undermine the greatest Country in the world but they won't bend an inch when it comes to freedom of religion. Maybe a President with balls and a reasonable majority in the Supreme Court will make the next hundred years a little easier.
It was a bill of rights for certain people but not for all the people in the nation.

what a mess this is going to be
It will give the Christians another opportunity to pretend they're being victimized, when in fact they're simply breaking the law. Again. And trying to whine hard enough to get their way. It's divisive. It's unnecessary and it's against the Founders' wishes. They did not want a state sponsored religion. Putting up the 10 Commandments on state grounds is certainly an example of "sponsoring."
This is 10th Amendemnt issue that is none of the business of the Federal government or for some fucking Yankee in NewYork. It is the right of the people in a statetolive how they want. New York will never allow the 10 Commandments and that is their right.
I look forward to other religions claiming their equal time in Alabama's schools....
. What do other religions have that compares to the 10 Commandments?
The Jews have a Ten Commandments also..

e031aafc4893911240ba19e5ee244098--crimson-tide-football-alabama-crimson-tide.jpg

Pretty amazing you need a law for that . . . .

Pretty amazing you need a law for that . . . .
Amendment.............To the Alabama Constitution.

Lol religious nonsense
Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.

Hey look at this bigotry toward Southerners, won't you? Oh, these open minded and tolerant liberals....
I love southerners. My people are from the south. I've always heard people from Alabama like having sex with their sisters alot.

In of itself nothing. However, the government shouldnt engage in brainwashing people to be christians.

The government shouldn't be involved in education period. Republicans used to run on that. But there are very few real conservatives representing the Republican party in Washington. If we want to be good conservatives, the best way to do that is to start by asking what the role of government should be. And we have a very good guide in the Constitution.
They have to be involved in education. They provide funds for schools via federal, state, and local taxes.

There is nothing in the Constitution that requires the government to educate anyone. They need to quit providing and burdening the taxpayers.
Who mentioned the word "constitution" and what does that have to do with what I said?

Religious indoctrination.

You're no better than the Muslims you hate.

Displaying a historical object or text is not indoctrination.

It's called education.

Perhaps instead of pulling out 3rd graders from class to go protest guns, teachers can instead teach them a little about a document that is the most read and famous in all of human history.
If you folks are going to go so far as to put up monuments to the Christian faith on state property and outside of schools, you have to be fought. It is not alright to foist your religion on others. I keep telling ya and telling ya. Tend to yourself and leave the rest of us alone, please. Put your monuments in front of your church or on your front lawn, but the government should be mute on the subject.

So then government should not be paying for religious holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and so on, they are religious holidays. No Christmas trees on government property.
Okay. If that's the way you want to be about it, go for it. Thanksgiving isn't a religious holiday, btw and Easter is on Sunday, when the government isn't working, anyway, but you could ban Christmas if it makes you feel better, Ebeneezer.

You said you want separation, you either you want it or you don’t. Thanksgiving is a religious US holiday, it is steeped in Christianity.. Government employees get paid for Easter. Make up your mind, religion or not. The Christmas tree is a Christian religious symbol, therefore it is a violation of church and state, paying employees for a Christian holiday is a violation of church and state, be consistent.
Thanksgiving isnt a religious holiday. Who in the hell told you that? The Pilgrims were strict christians. They wouldnt make up a religions day.

Lol religious nonsense

Hey look at this bigotry toward Southerners, won't you? Oh, these open minded and tolerant liberals....

I am a southerner. I was also born & raised in Alabama.
Youre smarter than most of the people I see on this board. Where you isolated from the other people in Alabama? :laugh:

Lol religious nonsense
There is no such rule that separates Church from state. Else it would have been forbidden I. 1776. Only until 1960sdid it become supposedly unconstitutional.

If you want to turn a country communist, outlaw the Church.
I already posted the SCOTUS decision so go educate yourself before replying.

What’s wrong with , tho shout not kill, tho shout not steal, and the other common sense rules of humanity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In of itself nothing. However, the government shouldnt engage in brainwashing people to be christians. If you want to see the ten commandments put a display up in your house or somewhere else on your property. People that arent christians shouldnt have to foot the bill for such an unnecessary display.
Well that right there goes for anything else that may be put on display, no matter who wants it out there. Also if people are brain washed into being anything, they are brain washed into whatever is already out there and if certain people have no desire to keep their filth inside their homes, why should something like the ten commandments be removed in any way?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
True. That goes for any religious display. The government has no business involving itself in any religion. The ten commandments should be removed if you understand what the separation of church and state means. I dont have any clue what you meant by people having no desire to keep their filth inside their homes and what that has to do with the topic.
If the LGBT people can publicly put their lifestyles out there on display, the rest of us can publicly display whatever we want to as well.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
When did LGBT become a religion? Are you trying to make an apple an orange?

In of itself nothing. However, the government shouldnt engage in brainwashing people to be christians.

The government shouldn't be involved in education period. Republicans used to run on that. But there are very few real conservatives representing the Republican party in Washington. If we want to be good conservatives, the best way to do that is to start by asking what the role of government should be. And we have a very good guide in the Constitution.
They have to be involved in education. They provide funds for schools via federal, state, and local taxes.

There is nothing in the Constitution that requires the government to educate anyone. They need to quit providing and burdening the taxpayers.
Who mentioned the word "constitution" and what does that have to do with what I said?

Why does government have to be involved in education?

Lol religious nonsense

I love southerners. My people are from the south. I've always heard people from Alabama like having sex with their sisters alot.

Is being an inbred then what made you so stupid and racist?

Forum List

Back