🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alabama Voters Pass Amendment to Display Ten Commandments at Public Schools

If everybody followed the 10 commandments, no jackboot cops would be needed, correct?

America was founded on the policy of self-policing and worshiping God.

True story.

Lol religious nonsense
Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.

What’s wrong with , tho shout not kill, tho shout not steal, and the other common sense rules of humanity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Religious teaching belongs in Sunday school. You all would have a cow if Quranic verses were displayed. There is no difference hear. Kids have enough to learn without adding religious indoctrination.

Lol religious nonsense
Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.

What’s wrong with , tho shout not kill, tho shout not steal, and the other common sense rules of humanity?

Religious teaching belongs in Sunday school. You all would have a cow if Quranic verses were displayed. There is no difference hear. Kids have enough to learn without adding religious indoctrination.

America wasn't founded on the Koran.

Here's a link for you,

a textbook from the early days in America:

PS: I have one.

This was the textbook for schools. If you wanna claim it didn't say that, well, I can take pictures.

The New England Primer, 1777 edition

Last edited:
Lol religious nonsense

Lol
What about the indoctrination of political correctness?

Lol religious nonsense

Lol
What about the indoctrination of political correctness?

That needs to go away.

In of itself nothing. However, the government shouldnt engage in brainwashing people to be christians.

The government shouldn't be involved in education period. Republicans used to run on that. But there are very few real conservatives representing the Republican party in Washington. If we want to be good conservatives, the best way to do that is to start by asking what the role of government should be. And we have a very good guide in the Constitution.
They have to be involved in education. They provide funds for schools via federal, state, and local taxes.

There is nothing in the Constitution that requires the government to educate anyone. They need to quit providing and burdening the taxpayers.
Who mentioned the word "constitution" and what does that have to do with what I said?

Why does government have to be involved in education?
You didnt answer my question.

If schools want government funding then the government is going to be involved. If you dont want any government funding at all then you better start your own school.

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

Read more at cnsnews.com ...

So because someone doesn't believe in the 10 commandments, they are godless commies? You realize that there are lot of God fearing individuals who do not believe in Christianity?

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

So because someone doesn't believe in the 10 commandments, they are godless commies? You realize that there are lot of God fearing individuals who do not believe in Christianity?

the ten commandments seem to be commonality in between Judaism,
Christianity and islam------approximately---in sum they add up to a very
general code. I have never encountered a
Buddhist, Hindu or even atheist who objected to the content
The legal system in the USA is sorta based on biblical principles and
the bible is LITERATURE-------just as reasonable a public thing
as quotations from Hamlet despite the fact that not everyone is
Elizabethan era English

The government shouldn't be involved in education period. Republicans used to run on that. But there are very few real conservatives representing the Republican party in Washington. If we want to be good conservatives, the best way to do that is to start by asking what the role of government should be. And we have a very good guide in the Constitution.
They have to be involved in education. They provide funds for schools via federal, state, and local taxes.

There is nothing in the Constitution that requires the government to educate anyone. They need to quit providing and burdening the taxpayers.
Who mentioned the word "constitution" and what does that have to do with what I said?

If schools want government funding then the government is going to be involved. If you dont want any government funding at all then you better start your own school.

Charter schools are starting up all over, only after the state governments made it legal. Private schools cost a third of the cost of public schools. The government should start relinquishing school out of state control and you didn’t ask me the question another poster did,

What a load of God Club nonsense.

I have said it before...ALL major religions are for the weak and/or the ignorant and/or the desperate.

NO exceptions.

the ten commandments seem to be commonality in between Judaism,
Christianity and islam------approximately---in sum they add up to a very
general code. I have never encountered a
Buddhist, Hindu or even atheist who objected to the content
The legal system in the USA is sorta based on biblical principles and
the bible is LITERATURE-------just as reasonable a public thing
as quotations from Hamlet despite the fact that not everyone is
Elizabethan era English

The left doesn’t like facts, just emotion.

Charter schools are starting up all over, only after the state governments made it legal. Private schools cost a third of the cost of public schools. The government should start relinquishing school out of state control and you didn’t ask me the question another poster did,
Charter schools get funding from the government as well

Charter Schools: How is the funding for a charter school determined?

Yes I did ask you a question.

"Who mentioned the word "constitution" and what does that have to do with what I said?"

"Who mentioned the word "constitution" and what does that have to do with what I said?"

Go back and read the posts.

As far as government funding for schools it needs to be privately funded not publicly, however big government isn’t going to let the money and control go, they are predictable that way.

Go back and read the posts.

As far as government funding for schools it needs to be privately funded not publicly, however big government isn’t going to let the money and control go, they are predictable that way.
I dont have to read the posts. I know what I asked you. :laugh:

pap.png

Let me get this straight. You are advocating that schools only be privately funded? What do you think is going to happen in low income areas?

Here are statistics on what has happened to our children since God was taken out of our public schools.

In 1963, Madalyn Murray O'Hair won a lawsuit against the Baltimore School System, which voted in her favor 8-1 to ban school prayer and label it "unconstitutional". Though not all prayer was immediately banned from schools at that time, through a process of time, almost all school prayer is banned today.

A. Young People

1. For 15 years before 1963 pregnancies in girls ages 15 through 19 years had been no more than 15 per thousand After 1963 pregnancies increased 187% in the next 15 years.
2. For younger girls, ages 10 to 14 years, pregnancies since 1963 are up 553%.
3. Before 1963 sexually transmitted diseases among students were 400 per 100,000. Since 1963, they were up 226% in the next 12 years.

B. The Family

1. Before 1963 divorce rates had been declining for 15 years. After 1963 divorces increased 300% each year for the next 15 years.
2. Since 1963 unmarried people living together is up 353%
3. Since 1963 single parent families are up 140%.
4. Since 1963 single parent families with children are up 160%.

C. Education

1. The educational standard of measure has been the SAT scores. SAT scores had been steady for many years before 1963. From 1963 they rapidly declined for 18 consecutive years, even though the same test has been used since 1941.
2. In 1974-75 the rate of decline of the SAT scores decreased, even though they continued to decline. That was when there was an explosion of private religious schools. There were only 1000 Christian schools in 1965. Between 1974 to 1984 they increased to 32,000.

a. That could have an impact if the private schools had higher SAT scores. In checking with the SAT Board it was found that indeed the SAT scores for private schools were nearly 100 points higher than public schools.
b. In fact the scores were at the point where the public schools had been before their decline started in 1963 when prayer and Bible reading/ instruction was removed from the schools.
c. The scores in the public schools were still declining.

3. Of the nation's top academic scholars, three times as many come from private religious schools, which operate on one-third the funds as do the public schools.

D. The Nation
1. Since 1963 violent crime has increased 544%.
3. Illegal drugs have become an enormous & uncontrollable problem.
2. The nation has been deprived of an estimated 30 million citizens through legal abortions just since 1973.

Here are statistics on what has happened to our children since God was taken out of our public schools.

In 1963, Madalyn Murray O'Hair won a lawsuit against the Baltimore School System, which voted in her favor 8-1 to ban school prayer and label it "unconstitutional". Though not all prayer was immediately banned from schools at that time, through a process of time, almost all school prayer is banned today.

A. Young People

1. For 15 years before 1963 pregnancies in girls ages 15 through 19 years had been no more than 15 per thousand After 1963 pregnancies increased 187% in the next 15 years.
2. For younger girls, ages 10 to 14 years, pregnancies since 1963 are up 553%.
3. Before 1963 sexually transmitted diseases among students were 400 per 100,000. Since 1963, they were up 226% in the next 12 years.

B. The Family

1. Before 1963 divorce rates had been declining for 15 years. After 1963 divorces increased 300% each year for the next 15 years.
2. Since 1963 unmarried people living together is up 353%
3. Since 1963 single parent families are up 140%.
4. Since 1963 single parent families with children are up 160%.

C. Education

1. The educational standard of measure has been the SAT scores. SAT scores had been steady for many years before 1963. From 1963 they rapidly declined for 18 consecutive years, even though the same test has been used since 1941.
2. In 1974-75 the rate of decline of the SAT scores decreased, even though they continued to decline. That was when there was an explosion of private religious schools. There were only 1000 Christian schools in 1965. Between 1974 to 1984 they increased to 32,000.

a. That could have an impact if the private schools had higher SAT scores. In checking with the SAT Board it was found that indeed the SAT scores for private schools were nearly 100 points higher than public schools.
b. In fact the scores were at the point where the public schools had been before their decline started in 1963 when prayer and Bible reading/ instruction was removed from the schools.
c. The scores in the public schools were still declining.

3. Of the nation's top academic scholars, three times as many come from private religious schools, which operate on one-third the funds as do the public schools.

D. The Nation
1. Since 1963 violent crime has increased 544%.
3. Illegal drugs have become an enormous & uncontrollable problem.
2. The nation has been deprived of an estimated 30 million citizens through legal abortions just since 1973.

Links to all this 'data'?

Forum List

Back