🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alabama Voters Pass Amendment to Display Ten Commandments at Public Schools

Okay. If that's the way you want to be about it, go for it. Thanksgiving isn't a religious holiday, btw and Easter is on Sunday, when the government isn't working, anyway, but you could ban Christmas if it makes you feel better, Ebeneezer.

You said you want separation, you either you want it or you don’t. Thanksgiving is a religious US holiday, it is steeped in Christianity.. Government employees get paid for Easter. Make up your mind, religion or not. The Christmas tree is a Christian religious symbol, therefore it is a violation of church and state, paying employees for a Christian holiday is a violation of church and state, be consistent.

I'm sorry, but that is the dumbest thing you have ever posted!

Thanksgiving is NOT a Christian holiday and government employees do not get paid for Easter. I have worked for the government for almost 40 years, so I think I would know.

Where did you dig up those stupid ideas?

I have done a lot of reading on this, o. Respectfully think you are wrong.

Well, what you are reading is wrong.

Reading the Communist Manifesto doesn't mean anything contained therein is true.

You might be closer to the target on Thanksgiving, but I have never attended a church service on Thanksgiving. Have you? I see no religious content in Thanksgiving at all, other than that some people say grace at dinner. Your claim is specious at best.

On the other, you are simply dead wrong, no doubt about it.

When I joined the Navy in the 70s, the day after Thanksgiving was not Black Friday, but a regular workday. I remember being surprised when I got that day off in 1984.

Easter has never been and probably never will be a federal holiday. I don't know where you got that idea, but it is dumber than a box of rocks!

Yes, you are misinformed.

My post #147 has just two links and I have lots more on the subject.

The first article is one religions take on why it is religious. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement. The second article is written in Great Britain about a holiday they do not celebrate. Another example of exceptional stupidity.

Tomorrow, I will be enjoying my first Veteran's Day off from work in many years, since I left the federal government in 2007. Schools in my state have never taken the federal holiday, so now that I work for a defense contractor, I get the day off!

You said you want separation, you either you want it or you don’t. Thanksgiving is a religious US holiday, it is steeped in Christianity.. Government employees get paid for Easter. Make up your mind, religion or not. The Christmas tree is a Christian religious symbol, therefore it is a violation of church and state, paying employees for a Christian holiday is a violation of church and state, be consistent.

I'm sorry, but that is the dumbest thing you have ever posted!

Thanksgiving is NOT a Christian holiday and government employees do not get paid for Easter. I have worked for the government for almost 40 years, so I think I would know.

Where did you dig up those stupid ideas?

I have done a lot of reading on this, o. Respectfully think you are wrong.

Well, what you are reading is wrong.

Reading the Communist Manifesto doesn't mean anything contained therein is true.

You might be closer to the target on Thanksgiving, but I have never attended a church service on Thanksgiving. Have you? I see no religious content in Thanksgiving at all, other than that some people say grace at dinner. Your claim is specious at best.

On the other, you are simply dead wrong, no doubt about it.

When I joined the Navy in the 70s, the day after Thanksgiving was not Black Friday, but a regular workday. I remember being surprised when I got that day off in 1984.

Easter has never been and probably never will be a federal holiday. I don't know where you got that idea, but it is dumber than a box of rocks!

Yes, you are misinformed.

My post #147 has just two links and I have lots more on the subject.

The first article is one religions take on why it is religious. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement. The second article is written in Great Britain about a holiday they do not celebrate. Another example of exceptional stupidity.

Tomorrow, I will be enjoying my first Veteran's Day off from work in many years, since I left the federal government in 2007. Schools in my state have never taken the federal holiday, so now that I work for a defense contractor, I get the day off!

I work every Veterans Day, every Thanksgiving and every Christmas, just another day for me.

Lol religious nonsense
Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.
The devil is a liar so, blow it out your ass!

Separation of church and state,
was solely a proclamation of freedom of religion...
there would be no official, established, state religion
But official representatives of the state government can now put up religious monuments on their grounds?
You don't think that makes the religion involved seem "official?"

As long as no religious monument is specifically excluded, how can that not be religious freedom?
Religious freedom is going to the church of your choice. It is not buddying up to the government and getting them to erect monuments to your religion.

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

Read more at cnsnews.com ...
Godly people are sick in the head.

And their leader explains it well.
Living a life following BS is no life at all.
BUTT.....

1JBR8rX.jpg

I tolerated them. I did not actively vote against their interests and celebrate their suffering, as you all have done for years when the ones hurt live in cities or vote Democrat. I do now.

I don't celebrate anyone's suffering. I don't call human beings trash either. I don't judge people based on which state they live in, or assume they married their sister because they live there.

But hey, honey, that's all you, now. A bigot. That's great.
I don’t care what you personally do, because you vote for and support those things you deny doing. So cry me a river, trash.

K so you pretended to be all the things Leftists always pretend to be: tolerant, inclusive and all the lies. But as soon as things didn't go your way, you turned 360 degrees and blame your turning on the objects of your hatred. It's not YOUR fault you have no principles. It's OUR fault.

Whatever. But don't also pretend we can't see what you've done, because we can. We can also call it what it is. A lot of things that are not admirable.
Sue, there is/was a fairly interesting discussion going on, but you're not in it. We didn't come here to listen to you rant and rave about Blackflag's failings.
If you think it is proper for Alabama government to erect monuments on its property to religious principles such as the Ten Commandments, how is that adhering to the separation of church and state? Or do you believe there should be no separation? Should a state be allowed to sponsor one religion over the others?

Do you realize "separation of church and state" is not Constitutional?

Do you think that if no one in the actual school districts in which these Ten Commandments has a problem with it, that it's a problem? I don't. Especially considering that it's simply a mounted plaque and not something anyone is forced to chant, say, pray, etc.
Yes, I understand about the separation thing. It is a decision that has been followed via precedent for many years, though, and many decisions have been based upon it. To me, it seems better for the state or federal or even local governments to stay out of religion though. It is there to represent ALL the people, and for those who are not Christian, it is giving one religion an "advertisement" while ignoring the others?

Lol religious nonsense
Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.
There is no such rule that separates Church from state. Else it would have been forbidden I. 1776. Only until 1960sdid it become supposedly unconstitutional.

If you want to turn a country communist, outlaw the Church.

Lol religious nonsense
There is no such rule that separates Church from state. Else it would have been forbidden I. 1776. Only until 1960sdid it become supposedly unconstitutional.

If you want to turn a country communist, outlaw the Church.
Venezuela's population is 17% more Christian than ours.

I don't celebrate anyone's suffering. I don't call human beings trash either. I don't judge people based on which state they live in, or assume they married their sister because they live there.

But hey, honey, that's all you, now. A bigot. That's great.
I don’t care what you personally do, because you vote for and support those things you deny doing. So cry me a river, trash.

K so you pretended to be all the things Leftists always pretend to be: tolerant, inclusive and all the lies. But as soon as things didn't go your way, you turned 360 degrees and blame your turning on the objects of your hatred. It's not YOUR fault you have no principles. It's OUR fault.

Whatever. But don't also pretend we can't see what you've done, because we can. We can also call it what it is. A lot of things that are not admirable.
Sue, there is/was a fairly interesting discussion going on, but you're not in it. We didn't come here to listen to you rant and rave about Blackflag's failings.
If you think it is proper for Alabama government to erect monuments on its property to religious principles such as the Ten Commandments, how is that adhering to the separation of church and state? Or do you believe there should be no separation? Should a state be allowed to sponsor one religion over the others?

Do you think that if no one in the actual school districts in which these Ten Commandments has a problem with it, that it's a problem? I don't. Especially considering that it's simply a mounted plaque and not something anyone is forced to chant, say, pray, etc.
Yes, I understand about the separation thing. It is a decision that has been followed via precedent for many years, though, and many decisions have been based upon it. To me, it seems better for the state or federal or even local governments to stay out of religion though. It is there to represent ALL the people, and for those who are not Christian, it is giving one religion an "advertisement" while ignoring the others?

So what, it's a plaque. Not a prayer, a chant or anything else in which a person is duty bound or expected to participate. As others have said on this thread: is Christmas not a federal holiday? What's up with that?

You realize that the USA is not a secular nation, right?

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

Is it hard to remember all Ten for religious people?
They seem to have this memory loss thing...they forget the Civil War if there aren't statues in public to remind them. They forget they are christians if they don't have crosses in public. They forget to follow basic rules of decency if they don't have a 10 Commandments displayed in public. They forget the story of Christmas if they don't have manger displays in public. Heck, they even forget it's Christmas if they can't force people to wish them a Merry Christmas.

what a mess this is going to be
It will give the Christians another opportunity to pretend they're being victimized, when in fact they're simply breaking the law. Again. And trying to whine hard enough to get their way. It's divisive. It's unnecessary and it's against the Founders' wishes. They did not want a state sponsored religion. Putting up the 10 Commandments on state grounds is certainly an example of "sponsoring."
This is 10th Amendemnt issue that is none of the business of the Federal government or for some fucking Yankee in NewYork. It is the right of the people in a statetolive how they want. New York will never allow the 10 Commandments and that is their right.

So what, it's a plaque. Not a prayer, a chant or anything else in which a person is duty bound or expected to participate. As others have said on this thread: is Christmas not a federal holiday? What's up with that?

The US is most certainly a secular nation.

what a mess this is going to be
It will give the Christians another opportunity to pretend they're being victimized, when in fact they're simply breaking the law. Again. And trying to whine hard enough to get their way. It's divisive. It's unnecessary and it's against the Founders' wishes. They did not want a state sponsored religion. Putting up the 10 Commandments on state grounds is certainly an example of "sponsoring."
This is 10th Amendemnt issue that is none of the business of the Federal government or for some fucking Yankee in NewYork. It is the right of the people in a statetolive how they want. New York will never allow the 10 Commandments and that is their right.
I look forward to other religions claiming their equal time in Alabama's schools....

The people of Alabama made a decision, if it is unconstitutional then it will be ruled so. It is well within the states right to make their own decisions.

No it's not. It's neutral...it takes no position. That's not "secular". Secular is religion-free.

No it's not. It's neutral...it takes no position. That's not "secular". Secular is religion-free.
That IS secular....
sec·u·lar
/ˈsekyələr/
adjective
  1. 1.
    denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
    "secular buildings"
    synonyms: nonreligious, areligious, lay, temporal, worldly, earthly, profane;
    formallaic
    "secular music"

That IS secular....
sec·u·lar
/ˈsekyələr/
adjective
  1. 1.
    denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
    "secular buildings"
    synonyms: nonreligious, areligious, lay, temporal, worldly, earthly, profane;
    formallaic
    "secular music"

WOW....read. Secular is RELIGION FREE. As in "non-religious", just like your very definition said. If the USA was truly a SECULAR nation, all gov't activities, buildings, etc, would be FREE of religion.

They are not. Obviously.

Therefore, obviously, the USA is not a secular nation. It is NEUTRAL. That is, it does not have a STATE religion like Iran or even Great Britain does. But it is definitely not secular.

Is it hard to remember all Ten for religious people?
They seem to have this memory loss thing...they forget the Civil War if there aren't statues in public to remind them. They forget they are christians if they don't have crosses in public. They forget to follow basic rules of decency if they don't have a 10 Commandments displayed in public. They forget the story of Christmas if they don't have manger displays in public. Heck, they even forget it's Christmas if they can't force people to wish them a Merry Christmas.

Why do you even bother, Plywood? Not one person with an ounce of sense believes that shit you just typed. Not one

Lol religious nonsense

What’s wrong with , tho shout not kill, tho shout not steal, and the other common sense rules of humanity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In of itself nothing. However, the government shouldnt engage in brainwashing people to be christians. If you want to see the ten commandments put a display up in your house or somewhere else on your property. People that arent christians shouldnt have to foot the bill for such an unnecessary display.
Well that right there goes for anything else that may be put on display, no matter who wants it out there. Also if people are brain washed into being anything, they are brain washed into whatever is already out there and if certain people have no desire to keep their filth inside their homes, why should something like the ten commandments be removed in any way?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
True. That goes for any religious display. The government has no business involving itself in any religion. The ten commandments should be removed if you understand what the separation of church and state means. I dont have any clue what you meant by people having no desire to keep their filth inside their homes and what that has to do with the topic.
If the LGBT people can publicly put their lifestyles out there on display, the rest of us can publicly display whatever we want to as well.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

What’s wrong with , tho shout not kill, tho shout not steal, and the other common sense rules of humanity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In of itself nothing. However, the government shouldnt engage in brainwashing people to be christians. If you want to see the ten commandments put a display up in your house or somewhere else on your property. People that arent christians shouldnt have to foot the bill for such an unnecessary display.
Well that right there goes for anything else that may be put on display, no matter who wants it out there. Also if people are brain washed into being anything, they are brain washed into whatever is already out there and if certain people have no desire to keep their filth inside their homes, why should something like the ten commandments be removed in any way?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
True. That goes for any religious display. The government has no business involving itself in any religion. The ten commandments should be removed if you understand what the separation of church and state means. I dont have any clue what you meant by people having no desire to keep their filth inside their homes and what that has to do with the topic.
If the LGBT people can publicly put their lifestyles out there on display, the rest of us can publicly display whatever we want to as well.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Where is the amendment about rainbow flags being placed in classrooms oops

Forum List

Back