🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alabama Voters Pass Amendment to Display Ten Commandments at Public Schools

Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.

What’s wrong with , tho shout not kill, tho shout not steal, and the other common sense rules of humanity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Religious teaching belongs in Sunday school. You all would have a cow if Quranic verses were displayed. There is no difference hear. Kids have enough to learn without adding religious indoctrination.

A plaque with commandments is indoctrination?

Give me a break and stop with the hyoerbole The fact is if a school had 500 students about 2 would read it a day....if that

So you would have no problem with a plaque of Quranic scripture? I am willing to bet the right would scream indoctrination.

No. It does not belong in schools. It is the proverbial camel’s nose.

Go ahead you might get 2 students reading that also. If that

You people dont understand children, they don't give two shits about what adults fight and squabble about....they are busy being kids. With that said leave them alone and let them be kids. It's hard enough for them as it is
Oh I agree with you on the kids, but that still doesn’t make it right and the parents would have a cow. You know that. Public schools are not for religious learning other than it’s historical role.

Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.

What’s wrong with , tho shout not kill, tho shout not steal, and the other common sense rules of humanity?

Religious teaching belongs in Sunday school. You all would have a cow if Quranic verses were displayed. There is no difference hear. Kids have enough to learn without adding religious indoctrination.

Give me a break and stop with the hyoerbole The fact is if a school had 500 students about 2 would read it a day....if that

So you would have no problem with a plaque of Quranic scripture? I am willing to bet the right would scream indoctrination.

Do you remember the screaming and screeching when a high school teacher in a World Religions class had students copy the blessing Allahu Akbar in Arabic? They wanted her not just fired but hung.
People got so incensed they had to SHUT DOWN SCHOOLS in the entire district for two days there were so many death threats.
Yeah, Alabama wants to make billboards for all religions welcome on the lawns of public schools and town halls.

You people dont understand children, they don't give two shits about what adults fight and squabble about....they are busy being kids. With that said leave them alone and let them be kids. It's hard enough for them as it is
Oh I agree with you on the kids, but that still doesn’t make it right and the parents would have a cow. You know that. Public schools are not for religious learning other than it’s historical role.

A plaque isn't part of curriculums. With that said butt sex, transgenders, drag queens, etc isnt part of public education either but for some reason there it is

A plaque isn't part of curriculums. With that said butt sex, transgenders, drag queens, etc isnt part of public education either but for some reason there it is
Learning not to bully people different from us is not evil.

That's not what is being taught you befuddled old twit.

I'm agnostic, have no religion but the 10 commandments are excellent rules ALL should live by!...Or do you SATAN worshippers disagree?

Yeah sure you're agnostic.
You Satan worshippers just get that fact stuck in your throat, that some of us believe more in ethics morals and principles than we do in GOD. but stand with believers on most issues that come down to what is right and wrong for humanity....THIS is a major reason I call you heathens ABNORMALS!
There is no satan. Just a christer boogieman to scare the dumb ones.

I'm agnostic, have no religion but the 10 commandments are excellent rules ALL should live by!...Or do you SATAN worshippers disagree?

You Satan worshippers just get that fact stuck in your throat, that some of us believe more in ethics morals and principles than we do in GOD. but stand with believers on most issues that come down to what is right and wrong for humanity....THIS is a major reason I call you heathens ABNORMALS!
There is no satan.

Post your proof or stfu

I have a granddaughter who just graduated from public school and teach several drop outs who were recently in public school. It is not the den of iniquity you believe it is. But since your children don't attend public school, how would you know? Oh sure, lie and tell me you know lots of people whose children were taught about "butt sex." Whatever that means.

I have a granddaughter who just graduated from public school and teach several drop outs who were recently in public school. It is not the den of iniquity you believe it is. But since your children don't attend public school, how would you know? Oh sure, lie and tell me you know lots of people whose children were taught about "butt sex." Whatever that means.

My children attend private schools because I do know. Dont try and snow me, I know better

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

Read more at cnsnews.com ...

So because someone doesn't believe in the 10 commandments, they are godless commies? You realize that there are lot of God fearing individuals who do not believe in Christianity?
Christianity has nothing to do with 10 simple commandments that lead to a better life. But then. You ABNORMALS are known for having extremely low IQ's and can't figure that out.

Really? Here are the first five:

• I am the LORD thy God.
  • No other gods before me.
  • No graven images or likenesses.
  • Not take the LORD's name in vain.
  • Remember the sabbath daY

Those are absolutely from the Abrahamic faiths of which Christianity is a part. I suggest you reassess your presumed IQ.
And they are all BAD THINGS isnt that why we have FREE WILL to follow or reject. But you haven't included NOT KILL in there!

There is no satan.

Post your proof or stfu
Prove a negative? :71: Must have taught that in christer school.

There is no satan.

Post your proof or stfu
Prove a negative? :71: Must have taught that in christer school.

Prove your statement, Plywood. Your leftist education failed you again.

You claimed it now prove it. Since we both know you cant? Just stfu already. Annoying lying ass

Plywood: "I'm going to make a claim and if you dare ask me to prove it I'll retort with doublespeak and nonsense because I'm fugged and she knows it"

Effin loon

In of itself nothing. However, the government shouldnt engage in brainwashing people to be christians.

The government shouldn't be involved in education period. Republicans used to run on that. But there are very few real conservatives representing the Republican party in Washington. If we want to be good conservatives, the best way to do that is to start by asking what the role of government should be. And we have a very good guide in the Constitution.
They have to be involved in education. They provide funds for schools via federal, state, and local taxes.

There is nothing in the Constitution that requires the government to educate anyone. They need to quit providing and burdening the taxpayers.
Who mentioned the word "constitution" and what does that have to do with what I said?

Why does government have to be involved in education?
You should be able to read the law.

You're agnostic but believe in Satan? I think not.

You're agnostic but believe in Satan? I think not.
To your.very small mind I should have referenced EVIL... and where did I say I believe in Satan.....putting words in ones mouth, another lying liberal trait!

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

If I am an Alabama teacher, I spin this positively as a teaching moment. Have the students read the bronze age, ignorant ten commandments. Have them critique the immoral things about them and their omissions. Then,have them write a better set of ten commandments. I imagine even 11 year olds will come up with a far superior moral code.

Then, for the older students, study some of the myriad religions in the world. Have them collect some of the iconic teachings , then have them posted in the hallway, or gym. Then analyze the the arguments for and against why the ten commandments should be sponsored on state property, but not, say, the 5 pillars of Islam.

Lots of good teaching opportunity there.

Last edited:

If I am an Alabama teacher, I spin this positively as a teaching moment. Have the students read the bronze age, ignorant ten commandments. Have them critique the immoral things about them and and their omissions. Then,have them write a better set of ten commandments. I imagine even 11 year olds will come up with a far superior moral code.
I HOPE YOU dont teach anywhere, as your ethical and morals seem to be just another form of leftist manipulation....truly a communist ploy, as teaching was where all the coward leftists went after being exposed after WW II!

If I am an Alabama teacher, I spin this positively as a teaching moment. Have the students read the bronze age, ignorant ten commandments. Have them critique the immoral things about them and and their omissions. Then,have them write a better set of ten commandments. I imagine even 11 year olds will come up with a far superior moral code.
I HOPE YOU dont teach anywhere, as your ethical and morals seem to be just another form of leftist manipulation....truly a communist ploy, as teaching was where all the coward leftists went after being exposed after WW II!
I listed no ethics or morals, and instead invited students to analyze these things themselves. Your response is not appropriate, and one has to wonder if you started this thread not for discussion, but to whine like a little baby.

Here are statistics on what has happened to our children since God was taken out of our public schools.

In 1963, Madalyn Murray O'Hair won a lawsuit against the Baltimore School System, which voted in her favor 8-1 to ban school prayer and label it "unconstitutional". Though not all prayer was immediately banned from schools at that time, through a process of time, almost all school prayer is banned today.

A. Young People

1. For 15 years before 1963 pregnancies in girls ages 15 through 19 years had been no more than 15 per thousand After 1963 pregnancies increased 187% in the next 15 years.
2. For younger girls, ages 10 to 14 years, pregnancies since 1963 are up 553%.
3. Before 1963 sexually transmitted diseases among students were 400 per 100,000. Since 1963, they were up 226% in the next 12 years.

B. The Family

1. Before 1963 divorce rates had been declining for 15 years. After 1963 divorces increased 300% each year for the next 15 years.
2. Since 1963 unmarried people living together is up 353%
3. Since 1963 single parent families are up 140%.
4. Since 1963 single parent families with children are up 160%.

C. Education

1. The educational standard of measure has been the SAT scores. SAT scores had been steady for many years before 1963. From 1963 they rapidly declined for 18 consecutive years, even though the same test has been used since 1941.
2. In 1974-75 the rate of decline of the SAT scores decreased, even though they continued to decline. That was when there was an explosion of private religious schools. There were only 1000 Christian schools in 1965. Between 1974 to 1984 they increased to 32,000.

a. That could have an impact if the private schools had higher SAT scores. In checking with the SAT Board it was found that indeed the SAT scores for private schools were nearly 100 points higher than public schools.
b. In fact the scores were at the point where the public schools had been before their decline started in 1963 when prayer and Bible reading/ instruction was removed from the schools.
c. The scores in the public schools were still declining.

3. Of the nation's top academic scholars, three times as many come from private religious schools, which operate on one-third the funds as do the public schools.

D. The Nation
1. Since 1963 violent crime has increased 544%.
3. Illegal drugs have become an enormous & uncontrollable problem.
2. The nation has been deprived of an estimated 30 million citizens through legal abortions just since 1973.
Every single thing you listed has documented evidence they were caused by other factors. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back