Alan Greenspan telling the truth!

Listen to greenspan in regards to debt in our own currency.

Also, listen to Ben:

Printing currency debases the currency already in existence and only kicks the can down the road. Only the ones at the very top benefit from a flood of money into the system. Your knowledge of this fiat currency system is scary. The Fed needs to have a top to bottom audit and then nationalized and it's ill gotten wealth taken from them and put into a trust. There needs to be a full disclosure of the CAFRs and the wealth that has been stolen needs to be revealed if we are ever going to get out of this debt slavery system.

The Fed needs to have a top to bottom audit and then nationalized and it's ill gotten wealth taken from them and put into a trust.

What do they do with their ill gotten earnings each year?

Something something ron paul gold freedom..

I know more than you...you live in a fool's paradise.

No, I mean a country that tried to boost its economy by printing gazillions of currency notes.
It seems my point when over your head... germany would have been fucked either way, regardless of issuing currency. There simply wasn't enough supply, and add the fact that germany had foreign debts.
We can add the Weimar Republic to the list of things you dont know.
I'd say you're the one who knows nothing about the weimar.
You would say that. And you'd be wrong.
Weimar pursued bad economic policies and suffered hyperinflation for it. The war debts were a small part of that. France also had war debts and a lot of ruined production but pulled out of it.
France was backed up by the allies and france's supply wasn't completely decimated. The weimar was fucked either way.
France was backed up by the allies? You mguht want to ask them about that.

Also, listen to Ben:

Printing currency debases the currency already in existence and only kicks the can down the road. Only the ones at the very top benefit from a flood of money into the system. Your knowledge of this fiat currency system is scary. The Fed needs to have a top to bottom audit and then nationalized and it's ill gotten wealth taken from them and put into a trust. There needs to be a full disclosure of the CAFRs and the wealth that has been stolen needs to be revealed if we are ever going to get out of this debt slavery system.

The Fed needs to have a top to bottom audit and then nationalized and it's ill gotten wealth taken from them and put into a trust.

My left toenail has forgotten more about economics than this birdbrain.

It seems my point when over your head... germany would have been fucked either way, regardless of issuing currency. There simply wasn't enough supply, and add the fact that germany had foreign debts.
We can add the Weimar Republic to the list of things you dont know.
I'd say you're the one who knows nothing about the weimar.
You would say that. And you'd be wrong.
Weimar pursued bad economic policies and suffered hyperinflation for it. The war debts were a small part of that. France also had war debts and a lot of ruined production but pulled out of it.
France was backed up by the allies and france's supply wasn't completely decimated. The weimar was fucked either way.
France was backed up by the allies? You mguht want to ask them about that.
World War I for Kids: Allied Powers
France seized the Ruhr by the way.

Also, listen to Ben:

I can't help but notice that you continue to make jabs without any refutations..

Of course. The government could print one thousand trillion dollars and pay off all its debts and have plenty left over.

The question is who would benefit and who would be harmed.
All forms of government issued currency are liabilities of the government (fed/treasury.) The "national debt" simply looks at bonds.
Now, with that in mind, consider why americans aren't fearing for their lives over reserves/notes/coins..
Also, I don't deal with exaggerated examples. And "paying off" the debt would simply mean converting the bonds back to dollars in accounts at the fed. The governments liability doesn't change. In fact, we're doing this every day already. How? Crediting accounts. Right now, we have a demand problem, and the best way to fix that problem is getting more dollars into the hands of the poor, the engine of prosperity.

Of course the government can always print more money. The question is who would benefit and who would be harmed.
I don't even think they print most of it. It's just transferred digitally.
You are indeed correct. Banks have these wonderful things called reserves...

Banks have these wonderful things called reserves...

That come from their deposits.

Also, listen to Ben:

Speaking of france, it got reparations from germany!

Of course. The government could print one thousand trillion dollars and pay off all its debts and have plenty left over.

All forms of government issued currency are liabilities of the government (fed/treasury.) The "national debt" simply looks at bonds.
Now, with that in mind, consider why americans aren't fearing for their lives over reserves/notes/coins..
Also, I don't deal with exaggerated examples. And "paying off" the debt would simply mean converting the bonds back to dollars in accounts at the fed. The governments liability doesn't change. In fact, we're doing this every day already. How? Crediting accounts. Right now, we have a demand problem, and the best way to fix that problem is getting more dollars into the hands of the poor, the engine of prosperity.

Of course the government can always print more money. The question is who would benefit and who would be harmed.

Only the central bank can add/subtract from reserves.

How did the deposits get their in the first place? The majority of money originates from commercial banks "expanding their balance sheets." Clearly, deposits don't fund loans anywhere near in full, if at all, and requirements we have don't exist in other countries based on my knowledge. We do have the capital requirement/reserve requirements/etc..

Also, listen to Ben:

The jaw dropping ignorance of this poster is staggering....you and I have totally destroyed his argument. I am always glad to come across someone that understands the seriousness of the situation. Good job and good on ya.

The jaw dropping ignorance of this poster is staggering....you and I have totally destroyed his argument. I am always glad to come across someone that understands the seriousness of the situation. Good job and good on ya.
Yeah, you win. Yay! :lmao:

How did the deposits get their in the first place? The majority of money originates from commercial banks "expanding their balance sheets." Clearly, deposits don't fund loans anywhere near in full, if at all, and requirements we have don't exist in other countries based on my knowledge. We do have the capital requirement/reserve requirements/etc..
Expanding them via Promissory notes and fractional reserve banking...loaning money that they don't really have. Sorry, but you do not have a single clue. I am not trying to be insulting but your view of how things actually are is 100 percent wrong.

Expanding them via Promissory notes and fractional reserve banking...loaning money that they don't really have. Sorry, but you do not have a single clue. I am not trying to be insulting but your view of how things actually are is 100 percent wrong.
Lmao, you think I believe otherwise? Banks create deposits all the time, it was even that way on the gold standard.

And commercial banks get them from their deposits.

Lmao, you think I believe otherwise? Banks create deposits all the time, it was even that way on the gold standard.

But you could take a dollar into the bank and exchange it for REAL money...you can't do that now. The banks are already pushing for restrictions on how much cash you can extract from your account on any given day. They want to do away with cash altogether....does that not set off your bullshit detector???

Huh? I'm not following you here, the central bank simply uses keystrokes to add/subtract from reserves. Now, we have a policy where banks have to procure a certain amount in reserves in relation to deposits. (I'm pretty sure..)

I doubt melon head liberals will ever understand that printing money devalues existing money. 5th grade math is over their heads.

How did the deposits get their in the first place?

These creatures called customers bring them to the bank, to open savings and checking accounts and to buy CDs.

Clearly, deposits don't fund loans anywhere near in full

Then how else are loans funded?

Huh? I'm not following you here, the central bank simply uses keystrokes to add/subtract from reserves. Now, we have a policy where banks have to procure a certain amount in reserves in relation to deposits. (I'm pretty sure..)

Good God....your understanding (or lack thereof) of this system just absolutely STUNS me.........seriously. At least you acknowledge that the Fed creates money out of thin air.

fractional reserve banking...loaning money that they don't really have.

You'll have to explain how that works.

Forum List

Back