Alex Jones held in contempt of court for not showing at Sandy Hook trial

The damage here is the constant stalking, invasion of privacy and death threats. One of these men has had to move a dozen times. He gave a tv interview where he obscured his face and voice but somehow the internet tracked him down by the view out the window. That's the kind of thing these people have had to deal with.
Sounds exactly like what happens to Republican conservatives when leftist liberals target them.

The damage here is the constant stalking, invasion of privacy and death threats. One of these men has had to move a dozen times. He gave a tv interview where he obscured his face and voice but somehow the internet tracked him down by the view out the window. That's the kind of thing these people have had to deal with.
Correct me if I’m misinterpreting your position: but it kind of sounds like you’re claiming that because Jones expressed an opinion that no reasonable person would accept as true, he becomes personally liable for the evil or sick behavior of some societal dregs who did accept it?

Seriously? Do I understand you correctly?

Correct me if I’m misinterpreting your position: but it kind of sounds like you’re claiming that because Jones expressed an opinion that no reasonable person would accept as true, he becomes personally liable for the evil or sick behavior of some societal dregs who did accept it?

That is correct, he knowingly and repeatedly lied knowing that he was ruining these people's lives. It's worse than simply ruining reputations. It can be argued that he was trying to get them killed.

That is correct, he knowingly and repeatedly lied knowing that he was ruining these people's lives. It's worse than simply ruining reputations. It can be argued that he was trying to get them killed.
He lied? So then your contention isn’t based on the same premise. A lie isn’t an opinion. That was my premise. A lie is an intentionally false statement of alleged “fact.” So, maybe you know.

Did he state it as a “fact?” Or did he offer an “opinion?” Tell ya what. I don’t listen to Alex Jones. So, I’m gonna go check to see if my understanding was mistaken. I thought his idiocy was the statement of some whack-a doodle OPINION. I will have to get back to this.

Ok. I did some more digging. It looks like Jones made his rather moronic claims in a hybrid form. He relied on some highly dubious “sources” including videos. But the videos had some technical issues which made Jones think that they had been done poorly before a green screen. It looks like Elgar he observed was actually nothing but digital compression artifacts. Wtf ? I don’t know. But his show looks like it blurred a line between the reporting of alleged “facts” and the state men of mere opinion. See: Sandy Hook Parents Sue Alex Jones for Defamation

I’m not sure what to make of it. I’m not convinced that the folks who place stock in any of Jones’ odd conspiracy claims are necessarily “reasonable” people. Jones hurt his own case by failing to show up and having a judge issue a liability judgment against him by default. Maybe because of that he has lost some grounds for an appeal? (It’s not my area. I don’t know.) What I do know is that I still don’t like Alex Jones. And I am still bothered that his case may not be a good case for any future legal analysis.

It is sort of like a failed candidate who lost the election in November 2020...yet continued to stoke his cult with the lie that he had won but was cheated. trump knew sooner or later, his mob would react with violence and attempt a coup. He planned January 6th and now is hiding WH communication during the attack. There is a cover up, more serious than the Nixon coverup.

Yet, even to this day, the fat, POS is still stoking the flames of violence with his BIG LIE. He was responsible for the January 6th attack on the US Capitol, just as Jones was responsible for the threats on the lives of Sandy Hook parents. There is NO difference.

It is sort of like a failed candidate who lost the election in November 2020...yet continued to stoke his cult with the lie that he had won but was cheated. trump knew sooner or later, his mob would react with violence and attempt a coup. He planned January 6th and now is hiding WH communication during the attack. There is a cover up, more serious than the Nixon coverup.

Yet, even to this day, the fat, POS is still stoking the flames of violence with his BIG LIE. He was responsible for the January 6th attack on the US Capitol, just as Jones was responsible for the threats on the lives of Sandy Hook parents. There is NO difference.
I see you straining to make this a Trump topic. But, as always, you completely lack credibility, logic and the ability to persuade.

Wow.. you are a Obvious Deep state Democrat..
(in other words Basically a Communist)
Bet you were ALL for the Trump Russian spy witch hunt too Right?

what an insult to those families. & he's just trying to get outa being flogged in the public square; but that pig needs to be bankrupted & thrown in jail.

Wow.. you are a Obvious Deep state Democrat..
(in other words Basically a Communist)
Bet you were ALL for the Trump Russian spy witch hunt too Right?
We are talking about the liar, Jones. There are other threads about the Liar, trump.

Forum List

Back