Alien franchise... which one is best?

ALIEN and ALIENS fit well together. One a haunted house and one a combat film, and pretty equal in stature.

The others sucked.

The story for Prometheus was decent, but not executed well.

Agreed regarding Alien/s, but Prometheus was an awful movie from head to toe. Nothing redeeming about it.

So...I am stuck between the original and Prometheus.
No way. It was a totally stupid movie because no one with any sense would travel light years to an alien planet and thirty minutes into exploring take off their helmets.

Prometheus was just stupid....

Yeah....it is obvious there was space travel....so there would be long standing protocols on how to do the whole new planet thing, and removing your helmet before you know if there are new diseases on the planet we haven't experienced yet was just stupid..........and as the Critical Drinker on youtube pointed out....when you see a snake like alien creature, you don't treat it like it's a puppy.....
If you remember the android tested the air down to the molecular make up before he took off his helmet. That was supposed to be the moment to encourage the audience to put aside total realism.
The creature - that I agree with. I remember thinking the same thing... "uh...no one would do that"... but it wasn't enough to detract me from the good story that was happening

Forum List

Back